Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Even doing so its different from the methods of the Lich King and by extension the Scourge. You really have to stretch it out to make it otherwise.
    Yeah it's different because it's accidental. But they do raise mindless zombies and ghouls. So the comparison to the lich King isn't completely irrational.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-07-27 at 01:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i hate, not because i hate her, is just because don't combine, don't make sense at all

is like taking The most cavernous guy, the badboy, who listens to satanic black metal and makes sacrifices, and places him as a leader in a gospel choir.

or go to peru, take pepito huarez gonzales and make him the president of the EUA

i rly can't swallow, the horde warchief face is marketing too, and a high elf like her don't combine with the tribal horde, do not impose fear, respect and honor, i know the horde is not the tribal races anymore, but it is the majority, i think even lorthemar could fit more if blizz give him more ball.( and made the blood elves more horde like, kind of how they did in the isle of thunder)

To me the Horde warchief should always be orc, they can focus the other leaders, without give this tittle for then for bad reasons.

Horde is orcs by essence, like the High king, to me should be always human, those races are who made the conflicts work, interesting, bringing the others races to it, creating more fights ( Garrosh was the plot reasons for all this Worgen x undead thing)

and lets be honest, the horde story is going rly bad since the orc leave the Warchief title.

and i don't want her being killed, or becoming villain, just step aside, and let someone be warchief after legion, it's the only rational exit after all this bad plot.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-07-27 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    maybe she was trying to birng vol'jin back by trying to make a deal with hayla, /shrug
    That would actually be a surprising plot twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    That would actually be a surprising plot twist.
    And pretty absurd one. Sylvanas more than anyone knows that we are better without him.

Can't say that I hate her as Warchief since I don't feel I've seen her do much.

Although I can say that I dislike how we've seen her mess around in Stormheim and we still don't know what the heck that was all about. Gain more power over death? Keep herself from dying? Trying to bring someone back? Who knows!

Sure, she is the leader that schemes in the background and we have no idea what might be going on in the depths of the Undercity, which she can still do as Warchief, in my opinion, but it's still annoying to see her in action without getting some answers.

As to her ascension, I am pretty annoyed that Vol'jin became Warchief, didn't really get much screen time in Warlords, and then dies to a random demon. And why her? The spirits know but we don't... Again, it would be nice with some answers, but maybe one day...

So I don't hate her as Warchief, or hate her in general. I'm just not a fan of being left in the dark about her actions or why she had to be the one.

And also, they took away my chieftain too soon, darn it! RIP Vol'jin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope just want more story now. That's the problem with wow, never enough story. Everything is left hanging for years and years. I want to know what Sylvanas's horde is about.

Another week another Sylvanas-thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Another week another Sylvanas-thread.
    And we are only halfway through. I expect another one around saturday.

Deleted
    Only because she rambles on every time I try and do a WPvP Daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    how did he rush headfirst into the fray again? he ran away and was closing the portal, we jumped into it before it did, he had no where to run
    He rushed headfirst into the fight with the resources at his disposal ever since the Broken Shore was made available, telling Sargeras it is time to end it. I'm not speaking of the Tomb of Sargeras encounter only, but the entire encounter with the forces at his disposal ever since Gul'dan's defeat in the Nighthold.

Kil'jaeden has never done this before and was always the one to take a wise and deceptive approach. If a villain of his calibre, the mastermind behind the Lich King's existence, can pull off a Garrosh like that and find it okay, then why can't Sylvanas step out of the shadows(as if Southshore, Andorhal, Stromgarde and Gilneas weren't a big step out of the shadows already, but alright).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-27 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    I think Blizzard opened Pandora's Box by changing the title of Warchief too much. The transition from Thrall to Garrosh felt meaningful, a small group might not have liked it but most people could live with it at the time. This was when Garrosh was a hothead but still a good guy, fighting for the Horde.

But after making Garrosh go evil and his defeat it seems Blizzard can't get it right no matter what they try. There will always be a good portion of the playerbase whining about who the current Warchief is. And I believe nothing they do will change that. If a lot people continue complaining Sylvanas won't keep the title for long either.

We're now in for a new Warchief being appointed each expansion.

Maybe it's a bit ironic, but I think it's best for an Orc to take back the position and let him keep it. Wether that's Thrall, Saurfang or someone else doesn't really matter. But I think the least amount of people will complain about an Orc being Warchief since it makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Oh an hour after, and it's a typical Sylvanas thread already.

Well surprise to no one, it's that time of the week anyway.
    Half past Alliance High Elf thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    To me the Horde warchief should always be orc, they can focus the other leaders, without give this tittle for then for bad reasons.

Horde is orcs by essence, like the High king, to me should be always human, those races are who made the conflicts work, interesting, bringing the others races to it, creating more fights ( Garrosh was the plot reasons for all this Worgen x undead thing)
    Or better yet, we can continue down a path were the mopst boring and quite frankly cliche of races the Orcs and Humans filter down into obscurity and not end up being the focus 99 times out of 100. Even Gilneas vs Forsaken is Cursed humans (Worgen) vs Cursed humans (Undead).

She's a bland and boring character, but "hate"? No.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or better yet, we can continue down a path were the mopst boring and quite frankly cliche of races the Orcs and Humans filter down into obscurity and not end up being the focus 99 times out of 100. Even Gilneas vs Forsaken is Cursed humans (Worgen) vs Cursed humans (Undead).
    i didn't understand what do you say here

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Sylvanas threads have grown so cancerous they could infect and kill a tumour. Quantity is never lacking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    I really liked Sylvanas when she was plotting behind the scenes and I felt it made her a interesting character.
    Sylvanas loves sublety and occasionally carries a few plots forward but people utterly overblow this whole "Sylvanas is a shady character plotting weird shit" thing. Seriously, her overall goals are crystal clear and even her most subtle and intricate of plots are hilariously easy to categorize and understand from where these come from. Sylvanas is a way less mysterious character than a lot of people believe. For someone who appreciates to lurk in the shadows Sylvanas is surprisingly trasparent.

But her as warchief makes me so mad why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing
    I don't understand. I expected a comment about why Sylvanas is somewhat "worse" as Warchief yet you lamented the fate of Vol'jin. I mean, I totally agree on that front but this seems like a goalpost moving.

I really hope the theory of her being behind the whole thing is true : /.
    The master plan meant to force herself to come out of the shadows she always seemed to adore? Sylvanas is one hell of a schemer indeed.

but yeah what do you all think I personally hope that voljin comes back somehow or someone else takes over I hate the idea of the forsaken being the front of the horde.
    Vol'jin should come back but there's no need of someone "taking over", especially since that would be the prelude to a "Garrosh 2.0" kind of story arc and I have enough of that shit.

I honestly love the idea of her manipulating Vol'jin before he dies to give the mantle to her
    Except it's absolutely atrocious. It manages to shit on two characters at once, even though for different reasons. Not Vol'jin nor Sylvanas would receive anything good from an asspulled twist like this.

Considering her interest was that of the forsaken i'd say its a little odd having her be warchief considering barely anyone trusts her in the horde. I mean look at Baines face when Voljin makes her warchief.
    I'm afraid the insight of a Shadow Hunter beats the one of generic Tauren warrior by a mile or two. Translation: Baine's opinion is moderately irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Mud and brew clouds my judgement.
    If you have to dull your senses, doing so through the guidance of the Master is the only just and worthy way to do it. No misdeed is above mercy when it's carried on for the Master's glory.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    As Warchief, I hate her.

As the Banshee Queen, she's alright.
    But when she became a whore? Before or after getting the Warchief position? If Sylvanas needed a second job I suppose the Warchief seat does not pay much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I constantly forget she's warchief.
    Falling in the void pit of Warcraft's lore bears this kind of consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    She has no goal and she's becoming boringly cartoon villainish.
    Well no. She definitely has goals and was definitely far closer to cartoonish villain (I think that's what you meant) when she was just all angry and obsessed about vengeance while filled of redundant self-pity, self-hatred and borderline suicidal intentions (which reflected on the equally suicidal way she thought about the leading of the Forsaken).

Giving power to someone like her on her own agenda is incredibly and seems weird considering nobody trusts her. I play horde and in stormheim I didn't even want to help her
    I mean, if that wasn't a controversial choice to begin with Vol'jin wouldn't have felt the need of saying "Many will not understand".

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Maybe it's a bit ironic, but I think it's best for an Orc to take back the position and let him keep it. Wether that's Thrall, Saurfang or someone else doesn't really matter. But I think the least amount of people will complain about an Orc being Warchief since it makes the most sense.
    I believe instead that Blizzard at this point should attempt to conclude an overreaching arc for this fuckery, just to give it a little bit of sense and meaning. The prospects are dreadful as hell but I prefer that compared to giving the Warchief position to an Orc again for no other reason than "meh, let's give it back to a random Orc 'cuz it makes the most sense traditionally".
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-07-27 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I love the idea. I hate the lack of her doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Oh yes, because with this title it really started off so well!

So? Let's compare that to the million times the Alliance trusted someone that turned out to be wrong?

She does, Blizzard has stated that the Forsaken have free will.
    Nothing the Alliance has trusted is as bad as trusting a dreadlord. Especially since Slyvanus' test to prove Varimathras' "loyalty" was to order him to backstab his ally. Thus proving that he..... will backstab his ally??? I guess she didn't really think that through.

And the forsaken only recruit free-willed undead into their ranks. They raise both free-willed and mindless undead.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Thos...n%27t_Be_Saved

"The val'kyr raise hundreds of corpses every day. Agatha raised you just a few moments ago. Not all are as lucky as you, however.

Some maintain their free will, but live in constant fear and confusion. They usually run off into the woods, cowering at their own reflections.

Others lose their minds completely, shambling about aimlessly. They often turn to violence, and must be destroyed."
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-07-27 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sylvanas threads have grown so cancerous they could infect and kill a tumour. Quantity is never lacking, though.
    There must always be an active Sylvanas thread. Sometimes two and three. Five at its peak.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    There must always be an active Sylvanas thread. Sometimes two and three. Five at its peak.
    "there must always be a sylvanas thread!"

Formerly known as Arafal