View Poll Results: Life Coach Would you get one?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Hell No

21 55.26%
  • Yes, I would

1 2.63%
  • This is complete nonsense, so NO

14 36.84%
  • I am trying get a loan to attend a $5000 seminar

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Life Coach Would you get one?

life coach
    noun
    a person who counsels and encourages clients on matters having to do with careers or personal challenges.

A certified life coach salary range is between $26,000 – $274,000. The average salary of a life coach as of 2013 is $47,900. The average global life coach salary is $47,900.Nov 23, 2014

http://www.universalcoachinstitute.c...-coach-salary/
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Dude don't even comb his hair.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Hell no.

I know someone who is one, though, and he seems genuinely to think he's helping people. Not for me. I'm of the "mostly figure it out yourself, or work with your friends to improve yourself" school of thought.

hmm.
    I wonder if someone could hire a good lawyer and sue their supposed "Life Coach" if they didn't produce their expected "life" results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Dude don't even comb his hair.
    That's inspiration in his eyeballs.

Deleted
    why would i need this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Hell no.

I know someone who is one, though, and he seems genuinely to think he's helping people. Not for me. I'm of the "mostly figure it out yourself, or work with your friends to improve yourself" school of thought.
    Yes, I know some LIFE COACHES, and some of them are the biggest fucking scam artist I've come across. The weird thing is this shit seems to be popping up out of the woodwork, in NEW places I wouldn't have expected.

Is a "life coach" basically having a mommy/daddy telling you what steps to take in life when you... move out from living with your real parents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digital dream View Post
    why would i need this?
    don't you want to reach your potential!

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste of money imo and a lot of them are just scam artists so no ty. If you need financial advise or anything else go to the professionals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Snippity Snip
    This girl from church just became a life coach... posts videos like NON-STOP.

The irony is that I'm pretty sure she just recently tried to commit suicide... now you're a life coach... mmmkay. Next scam please!

Absolutely not.

My brother tried to get in on this nonsense; a man who can't get his own life together and has to see a therapist weekly, has been institutionalized before, and generally dislikes people, is/was a "certified life coach." It's scary that he could do a few online classes for a month or two and that's apparently all you need to be certified to give people bad advice on how to live their life and advance their career. It'd be better to go to a psychologist or literally anyone else who has been to a real medical-type school for mental/emotional issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes, I know some LIFE COACHES, and some of them are the biggest fucking scam artist I've come across. The weird thing is this shit seems to be popping up out of the woodwork, in NEW places I wouldn't have expected.

I dunno about that, I mean some of them essentially do what therapists do. Whatever helps you is okay as long as it's actually helping. My fear is that there are a lot of scammers in the industry but I guess to some extent that falls more under 'buyer beware' than an actual licensed and regulated health care professional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    This girl from church just became a life coach... posts videos like NON-STOP.

The irony is that I'm pretty sure she just recently tried to commit suicide... now you're a life coach... mmmkay. Next scam please!
    Multi Level Marketing?

How would you like to buy AM Way, Vitimans etc, etc, or are you a Hater LOL, JK

Self Help Entrepreneurs BECAUSE why wouldn't TAI LOPEZ want to make me a MILLIONAIRE?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Is a "life coach" basically having a mommy/daddy telling you what steps to take in life when you... move out from living with your real parents?
    Its basically an inspirational person. A lot of people feel down and out and have a hard time moving forward, some people try to help others are purely scam artists. But judging by the way you asked the question you just want to be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I dunno about that, I mean some of them essentially do what therapists do. Whatever helps you is okay as long as it's actually helping. My fear is that there are a lot of scammers in the industry but I guess to some extent that falls more under 'buyer beware' than an actual licensed and regulated health care professional.
    Therapy is a very loose term, as far as being professional, that is also a term losing all it's meaning.

Drug Dealer = Street Pharmacist.

Car Thief = uh ( Independent Repossession Contractor)

Prostitution = Sexual Surrogate and NO I AM NOT KIDDING

Almost like you can pull any kind of scam so long as enough victim blaming and shamming can be done, to protect these individuals. Because nobody ever makes a mistake and is taken advantage of, truly intelligent people never fall for scams.

2007 Sub Prime Mortgage crises *Wave*
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-07-27 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Its basically an inspirational person. A lot of people feel down and out and have a hard time moving forward, some people try to help others are purely scam artists. But judging by the way you asked the question you just want to be an asshole.
    I would say an asshole is someone who actually produces nothing and sells a whole lot of it to enrich themselves is a far bigger asshole. And being able to label critics and those who call this bullshit out haters is really very convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm my own life coach.
    I don't believe you because you aren't nearly preachy or loud enough :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of a life coach has its merits, the actual people who are life coaches may not often live up to that idea.

Some people just don't know how to enrich themselves, and I can see them needing help with it.

The price is outrageous though. So no life coaching for me unless it's cheap, or if I have tons of money laying around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The idea of a life coach has its merits, the actual people who are life coaches may not often live up to that idea.

Some people just don't know how to enrich themselves, and I can see them needing help with it.

The price is outrageous though. So no life coaching for me unless it's cheap, or if I have tons of money laying around.
    Some people have the same views on cocaine and street drugs.

Biggest heap of bullshit ever. People who need this type of affirmation are subject to joining cults. Save your Money and just get a mirror like Stuart Smalley if your insecurities are that severe.

Last edited by Souflikar; 2017-07-27 at 06:39 PM.