Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok so lets say you buy a car, every car in history has been suspected to work,but this one refuses to move
    you complain to the dealer then some guy walks up and calls you an idiot "It works just fine, only not in the way you/we/some interpret it, i mean look it makes amazing decoration"
    I have posted on the official forum, i am going to tag on twitter, but i dont think you get the concept of "Spreading awareness"

- - - Updated - - -

except im not
    i paid gold for an item
    it does not work
    so what the hell blizzard?
    You need to learn that there's a difference between 'does not work' and 'does not do the thing I want it to do'. The tooltip doesn't say "Your soul shards now float above your head to strike fear and awe into other players!'

Also - comparing a defective car that should drive but doesn't, to a soul shard glyph that doesn't let you show off... that's the very definition of hyperbole.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You need to learn that there's a difference between 'does not work' and 'does not do the thing I want it to do'. The tooltip doesn't say "Your soul shards now float above your head to strike fear and awe into other players!'

Also - comparing a defective car that should drive but doesn't, to a soul shard glyph that doesn't let you show off... that's the very definition of hyperbole.
    except it doesent
    cars have allways been known to drive
    so have glyphs allways been known to allow you to customize your apperance for yourself and other players to see.
    but for some reason this car does not drive, and this glyph does not show for other players, both being the only time this has happened, but guess what, there is people willing to defend them saying "It is differnt then all the others and that is fine, stop complaining"

all glyphs in the past have shown for you and other players, so it is assumed, just like how it is assumed a car dealership will sell you a working car
    you dont see "For sale 350,550 Does drive" on every cars window
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-27 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I mean yes sure it'd be cool if everyone could see them but I still wonder when your head will burst if something like this "pisses you off"...
    To be fair, I think some of the "pissed off" is coming from the fact that the majority of this expansion has been one big oversight for Warlock development. As Fel said earlier, this is not the first glyph to be other than what it said, which started with 2 glyphs early on showing up in Inscription's "Unlearned" but not available in game at all.

Next we finally get these glyphs only to have 1 of them actually make us do less damage - which took them months to fix. Then we get a new cosmetic demon appearance, and we have the exact same damage problem - again, which I believe still isn't fixed. Or we can talk about how Druids have had their spells updated twice during this expansion, mages as well - and by 7.3 every single ranged caster will have completely new spell effects except warlocks, who are still using the same spell graphics from Vanilla in a lot of cases.

Or we could get into the class design (and I'm not talking about our current numbers, which are just tuning nobs). In Alpha, Destruction Warlocks made numerous constructive posts detailing the problems with the RNG shard generation and it took almost 2 years for Blizzard to do anything about it. Demonology is still stuck with one of the worst mechanics since vanilla/tbc WoW with Demonic Empowerment. Affliction is in a good place now, but it took them until 7.2.5 to listen to negative feedback - since alpha - about Soul Effigy, and even then, rather than take the time to fix it based on that feedback, they just bloody removed it.

Yes we did finally get some attention in 7.2.5, as far as gameplay mechnics go, but you have to understand that 7.2.5 is almost 2 years after the original Alpha, and just about every single thing they "fixed" (soul effigy, embers, etc) was the feedback that was given in Alpha, Beta, Legion Launch, 7.1, 7.1.5, 7.2, and 7.2.5. Granted this still leaves us with many issues like Soulstone still having a 3 second cast time (vs. instant for druid, DK, and Hunter), Healthstones healing less than health potions - making them useless except for Affliction Warlocks, Demonic Empowerment still needing to be spammed every single time you cast a demon, Affliction ramp up, etc.

Meanwhile, Demon Hunters make a single post about a cosmetic glaive skin sitting on their back "backwards" and it's fixed within 48 hours. Or engineers complaining about not having the AH in Dalaran, and it being fixed in 24 hours. Yet when our summoning ability didn't work in any mythic dungeons back at the beginning of Legion, it took 3 weeks to get a response, and another week to fix it.

So, yes, OP is a bit angry over the fact that a cosmetic glpyh that requires you to kill Kil'Jaeden to get the pattern for (or costs gold to purchase on AH) is not visible to others - because this is now yet another example of how warlock design this expansion has generally been "phoned in", while other classes are getting immediate and appropriate representation from the developers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    To be fair, I think some of the "pissed off" is coming from the fact that the majority of this expansion has been one big oversight for Warlock development. As Fel said earlier, this is not the first glyph to be other than what it said, which started with 2 glyphs early on showing up in Inscription's "Unlearned" but not available in game at all.

Next we finally get these glyphs only to have 1 of them actually make us do less damage - which took them months to fix. Then we get a new cosmetic demon appearance, and we have the exact same damage problem - again, which I believe still isn't fixed. Or we can talk about how Druids have had their spells updated twice during this expansion, mages as well - and by 7.3 every single ranged caster will have completely new spell effects except warlocks, who are still using the same spell graphics from Vanilla in a lot of cases.

Or we could get into the class design (and I'm not talking about our current numbers, which are just tuning nobs). In Alpha, Destruction Warlocks made numerous constructive posts detailing the problems with the RNG shard generation and it took almost 2 years for Blizzard to do anything about it. Demonology is still stuck with one of the worst mechanics since vanilla/tbc WoW with Demonic Empowerment. Affliction is in a good place now, but it took them until 7.2.5 to listen to negative feedback - since alpha - about Soul Effigy, and even then, rather than take the time to fix it based on that feedback, they just bloody removed it.

Yes we did finally get some attention in 7.2.5, as far as gameplay mechnics go, but you have to understand that 7.2.5 is almost 2 years after the original Alpha, and just about every single thing they "fixed" (soul effigy, embers, etc) was the feedback that was given in Alpha, Beta, Legion Launch, 7.1, 7.1.5, 7.2, and 7.2.5. Granted this still leaves us with many issues like Soulstone still having a 3 second cast time (vs. instant for druid, DK, and Hunter), Healthstones healing less than health potions - making them useless except for Affliction Warlocks, Demonic Empowerment still needing to be spammed every single time you cast a demon, Affliction ramp up, etc.

Meanwhile, Demon Hunters make a single post about a cosmetic glaive skin sitting on their back "backwards" and it's fixed within 48 hours. Or engineers complaining about not having the AH in Dalaran, and it being fixed in 24 hours. Yet when our summoning ability didn't work in any mythic dungeons back at the beginning of Legion, it took 3 weeks to get a response, and another week to fix it.

So, yes, OP is a bit angry over the fact that a cosmetic glpyh that requires you to kill Kil'Jaeden to get the pattern for (or costs gold to purchase on AH) is not visible to others - because this is now yet another example of how warlock design this expansion has generally been "phoned in", while other classes are getting immediate and appropriate representation from the developers.
    ^^^^
    Putting this in OP cause this needs to be seen

I don't think the Warlock forum has ever seen this much traffic before.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    except it doesent
    cars have allways been known to drive
    so have glyphs allways been known to allow you to customize your apperance for yourself and other players to see.
    but for some reason this car does not drive, and this glyph does not show for other players, both being the only time this has happened, but guess what, there is people willing to defend them saying "It is differnt then all the others and that is fine, stop complaining"
    You're really hanging on to this completely 'not the same at all' car argument, aren't you? Seriously there's like a hundred in-game analogies that would actually fit, but you escalated to comparing a glyph to being able to get to work, providing for your family, etc.

The best bet would be to go to @Warcraftdevs and ask if its intended or if its a bug. If you can actually restrain yourself and do so without all the car comparisons and 'omg wtf fuck what the fucking utterly fuckfuck' your chances of getting a reply would be exponentially higher.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're really hanging on to this completely 'not the same at all' car argument, aren't you? Seriously there's like a hundred in-game analogies that would actually fit, but you escalated to comparing a glyph to being able to get to work, providing for your family, etc.

The best bet would be to go to @Warcraftdevs and ask if its intended or if its a bug. If you can actually restrain yourself and do so without all the car comparisons and 'omg wtf fuck what the fucking utterly fuckfuck' your chances of getting a reply would be exponentially higher.
    because i tried comparing it to things in game and you pulled "its stupid to compare it to mounts and pets" so i went with real life because more people can relate

10+ Year Old Account
    Exaggeration of the century. Why is it so important for you that others can see your soul shards? Why care?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Exaggeration of the century. Why is it so important for you that others can see your soul shards? Why care?
    Same reason it is important people see your mount, armor, pet, other glyphs, toys

10+ Year Old Account

That's a well-presented post that makes a lot of valid points, but the thing is... pretty much every class feels this way and/or has felt this way.

Go to any major forum about this game and there's someone bitching about something and talking about how Blizz either hates <name of class> or does Blizz even play <name of class> or how Blizz should delete <name of class> since they clearly don't give a shit about - surprise - <name of class>.

I've played since the start. I've been there when warrior tanks were the best tanks, and when they were easily the worst: the worst against magic damage, the worst at AOE tanking, the worst at self-heals, etc. I was there when paladin tanks did EVERYTHING better than warrior, and when we asked Blizz to fix that, Ghostcrawler infamously replied "there are more warrior tanks than any other tank class. Why should we buff the most popular tank?"

I was there when locks were OP as hell, and it was the mages crying "all Blizz cares about are locks look at how OP they are". I was there when mages were so OP that practically every non-mage class accused GC of playing a mage to explain how good they were.

I was there when BM hunter was so powerful (BC) that they deliberately nerfed it to hell (Wrath) to 'encourage' more hunters to try MM and Surv. It took them TWO expansions to (mostly) fix that.

I was there when rogue could stunlock you into the ground with 100% uptime: everyone at Blizz played a rogue, according to the community. I was there when Arms warriors were destroying rogues with Retaliation and Overpower.

See where I'm going with this? I can go on if not.

tldr: the "Blizz hates my class" card has been played since before glyphs were even a thing in the game. Locks aren't victims any more than any other class has been.

Oh and another thing: not all bugs are created equal. I'm a modder (mostly of Bethesda's games) and over the course of my projects, I've had some issues I was able to fix in seconds: others took me weeks to figure out.

So it really isn't "Blizz cares less about warlocks than other classes, thats why it takes longer." Like, really. It isn't.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-07-27 at 07:32 PM.

That's a well-presented post that makes a lot of valid points, but the thing is... pretty much every class feels this way and/or has felt this way.

Go to any major forum about this game and there's someone bitching about something and talking about how Blizz either hates <name of class> or does Blizz even play <name of class> or how Blizz should delete <name of class> since they clearly don't give a shit about - surprise - <name of class>.

I've played since the start. I've been there when warrior tanks were the best tanks, and when they were easily the worst: the worst against magic damage, the worst at AOE tanking, the worst at self-heals, etc. I was there when paladin tanks did EVERYTHING better than warrior, and when we asked Blizz to fix that, Ghostcrawler infamously replied "there are more warrior tanks than any other tank class. Why should we buff the most popular tank?"

I was there when locks were OP as hell, and it was the mages crying "all Blizz cares about are locks look at how OP they are". I was there when mages were so OP that practically every non-mage class accused GC of playing a mage to explain how good they were.

I was there when BM hunter was so powerful (BC) that they deliberately nerfed it to hell (Wrath) to 'encourage' more hunters to try MM and Surv. It took them TWO expansions to (mostly) fix that.

I was there when rogue could stunlock you into the ground with 100% uptime: everyone at Blizz played a rogue, according to the community. I was there when Arms warriors were destroying rogues with Retaliation and Overpower.

tldr: the "Blizz hates my class" card has been played since before glyphs were even a thing in the game. Locks aren't victims anymore than any other class has been.
    I too, have been here since the beginning (Vanilla Beta to be precise), and I have seen plenty of "Blizz hates my class" posts. This is not one of those - this is facts, pure and simple. It did take Developers months to make a glyphed pet do the correct damage. Warlocks still have had no spell updates this expansion, while every other class does. It did take them 2 years to make adjustments to Warlock's gameplay based on alpha feedback. I don't think (nor did I say) that this is because "Blizz hates Warlocks" - I'm simply pointing out that there has been consistent oversight in warlock development for the Legion expansion - an oversight that is not (generally) being repeated with other classes.

Personally, I think the issue is that Xelnath (former Warlock developer) was simply never replaced - and we're sailing without a captain (or in this case, without a head developer), and I'm sure that Blizzard management, like any management, places more resources into the more "popular" product - and I believe warlocks are currently the least played (or 2nd least - not sure if monks fell below us once again) class in the game.

What I was aiming for with my last post (and this may not have come through completely as like Fel, I too am frustrated by this) is simply to show that after so many consistent oversights, additional oversights are likely to be blown out of proportions a bit - simply due to pent up frustrations with warlock development this expansion.

To go a bit more on topic: Do I think the cosmetic shards being visible to others is a big deal? Well, yes and no. We had these floating shards in WoD, so not sure why they were removed to begin with - but I'll assume there was a proper code specific reason. I'm going to guess that the code is still there - and that likely the fire mage orbs are using a slightly modified version of that code, and they are completely visible to everyone at all times. So, I'm really having a hard time not understanding why the same code for the fire orbs was not modified to work with soul shards for this glyph. Did we need the soul shards though? No, of course not - this is just a bit of flavor and it certainly isn't game breaking.

Personally I think it's cool that Warlocks are getting a bit of flavor with this(these) cosmetic glyph(s), but I also think it's pretty silly to waste developer time on a cosmetic project like this, if you are going to "half ass" it. As Fel pointed out, this is similar to if transmog only appeared to you, but to everyone else you just show up in your equipped gear. Another example would be that if you use the "raptor" glyph for ghost wolf as a Shaman, and only you saw yourself as a raptor, while others saw you as a wolf - it would really break immersion - and I don't think anyone would be happy with cosmetic glpyhs if that is how they all worked.

So, I think Fel has a very valid complaint considering that there were 3 glpyhs, only 2 of which are currently in the game - again (1 shows as "unlearned" but still isn't in game - again) and the 2 remaining glpyhs are either A) poorly/lazily designed to not show to other players - breaking immersion, or B) are bugged, when warlocks have been asking about problems associated with these particular glpyhs since 7.2.5 was on PTR and, so far as I know, have yet to receive a single response.

I also think it's very valid to compare that response/repair time to other classes to set a precedent. As a similar cosmetic reward for killing a raid end boss (Warglaives of Azzinoth transmog for DH) was reported bugged on July 13th, responded to by a blue that same day, and then fixed on the 17th (I said 48 hours in my original post - I was off by 36 hours or so).

7+ Year Old Account
    I too, have been here since the beginning (Vanilla Beta to be precise), and I have seen plenty of "Blizz hates my class" posts. This is not one of those - this is facts, pure and simple. It did take Developers months to make a glyphed pet do the correct damage. Warlocks still have had no spell updates this expansion, while every other class does. It did take them 2 years to make adjustments to Warlock's gameplay based on alpha feedback. I don't think (nor did I say) that this is because "Blizz hates Warlocks" - I'm simply pointing out that there has been consistent oversight in warlock development for the Legion expansion - an oversight that is not (generally) being repeated with other classes.

Personally, I think the issue is that Xelnath (former Warlock developer) was simply never replaced - and we're sailing without a captain (or in this case, without a head developer), and I'm sure that Blizzard management, like any management, places more resources into the more "popular" product - and I believe warlocks are currently the least played (or 2nd least - not sure if monks fell below us once again) class in the game.

What I was aiming for with my last post (and this may not have come through completely as like Fel, I too am frustrated by this) is simply to show that after so many consistent oversights, additional oversights are likely to be blown out of proportions a bit - simply due to pent up frustrations with warlock development this expansion.

To go a bit more on topic: Do I think the cosmetic shards being visible to others is a big deal? Well, yes and no. We had these floating shards in WoD, so not sure why they were removed to begin with - but I'll assume there was a proper code specific reason. I'm going to guess that the code is still there - and that likely the fire mage orbs are using a slightly modified version of that code, and they are completely visible to everyone at all times. So, I'm really having a hard time not understanding why the same code for the fire orbs was not modified to work with soul shards for this glyph. Did we need the soul shards though? No, of course not - this is just a bit of flavor and it certainly isn't game breaking.

Personally I think it's cool that Warlocks are getting a bit of flavor with this(these) cosmetic glyph(s), but I also think it's pretty silly to waste developer time on a cosmetic project like this, if you are going to "half ass" it. As Fel pointed out, this is similar to if transmog only appeared to you, but to everyone else you just show up in your equipped gear. Another example would be that if you use the "raptor" glyph for ghost wolf as a Shaman, and only you saw yourself as a raptor, while others saw you as a wolf - it would really break immersion - and I don't think anyone would be happy with cosmetic glpyhs if that is how they all worked.

So, I think Fel has a very valid complaint considering that there were 3 glpyhs, only 2 of which are currently in the game - again (1 shows as "unlearned" but still isn't in game - again) and the 2 remaining glpyhs are either A) poorly/lazily designed to not show to other players - breaking immersion, or B) are bugged, when warlocks have been asking about problems associated with these particular glpyhs since 7.2.5 was on PTR and, so far as I know, have yet to receive a single response.

I also think it's very valid to compare that response/repair time to other classes to set a precedent. As a similar cosmetic reward for killing a raid end boss (Warglaives of Azzinoth transmog for DH) was reported bugged on July 13th, responded to by a blue that same day, and then fixed on the 17th (I said 48 hours in my original post - I was off by 36 hours or so).
    Im an Rper btw, moonguard, so i have legit been RPing thinking that people have been able to see my soul shards for a month now so you lot can also probably see why im abit pissed to suddenly find out "oh wait yall cant see them!?"

But again, super well put man, i should hire you to translate for me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Im an Rper btw, moonguard, so i have legit been RPing thinking that people have been able to see my soul shards for a month now so you lot can also probably see why im abit pissed to suddenly find out "oh wait yall cant see them!?"

But again, super well put man, i should hire you to translate for me :P
    I understand you're pissed but I'd liken it more to a toddler tantrum, the tone was set with the thread title and for that you deserve most of the abuse that came your way. This could have been a sensible discussion but you've made it all about your unhealthy obsession with a pixelated character you've created.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaiz View Post
    I understand you're pissed but I'd liken it more to a toddler tantrum, the tone was set with the thread title and for that you deserve most of the abuse that came your way. This could have been a sensible discussion but you've made it all about your unhealthy obsession with a pixelated character you've created.
    so what your saying is that the average player likes being ripped off? Enjoys paying gold/spending time to get something that does not work?
    i mean sure, sounds legit, im sure all the people who spent forever to get a mount would love it if that mount suddenly turned out to not work

None of them are better than Verdant Spheres, but this still sucks. Just seems like lazy additions so they can try to quiet people asking for Verdant Spheres back.

10+ Year Old Account

tldr: the "Blizz hates my class" card has been played since before glyphs were even a thing in the game. Locks aren't victims any more than any other class has been.

Oh and another thing: not all bugs are created equal. I'm a modder (mostly of Bethesda's games) and over the course of my projects, I've had some issues I was able to fix in seconds: others took me weeks to figure out.

So it really isn't "Blizz cares less about warlocks than other classes, thats why it takes longer." Like, really. It isn't.
    This, pretty much.

Guess it's the case of your own shirt being closer to your body. It is absolutely true that this "Blizz hates class/spec X" bullshit got stale back in BC already and every class forum has those couple of guys utterly convinced of the major Blizzard conspiracy going on against their respective class or spec AND/OR find even the silliest and smallest things to bitch about and blow out of proportions.

It's just the usual thing with WoW community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    None of them are better than Verdant Spheres, but this still sucks. Just seems like lazy additions so they can try to quiet people asking for Verdant Spheres back.
    Yeah im kinda sad we didnt get spheres with green, red, purple, and shards green red purple, also super fucking annoying the red soulshards only can be used in destro spec...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This, pretty much.

Guess it's the case of your own shirt being closer to your body. It is absolutely true that this "Blizz hates class/spec X" bullshit got stale back in BC already and every class forum has those couple of guys utterly convinced of the major Blizzard conspiracy going on against their respective class or spec AND/OR find even the silliest and smallest things to bitch about and blow out of proportions.

It's just the usual thing with WoW community.
    EXCEPT literally we had 2 glyphs that made us do less damage
    has there ever been something cosmetic in the game that secretly made you worse?

EXCEPT literally we had 2 glyphs that made us do less damage
    has there ever been something cosmetic in the game that secretly made you worse?
    One thing we should remember is if the glyphs that were nerfing our damage were actually buffing our damage it would've been fixed within days of release. Since it was nerfing it, Blizz didn't care which was like a slap in the face of the warlock community.

Anyway, I hope no hope for warlocks this expansion. Yes all three specs pull great numbers but how long did it take to get there? And above all demo still is clunky as hell..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    One thing we should remember is if the glyphs that were nerfing our damage were actually buffing our damage it would've been fixed within days of release. Since it was nerfing it, Blizz didn't care which was like a slap in the face of the warlock community.

Anyway, I hope no hope for warlocks this expansion. Yes all three specs pull great numbers but how long did it take to get there? And above all demo still is clunky as hell..
    i hate that the meme-spec is the highest dps, it literally brings clunky to a new fucking level

Deleted
    I will just say: More than two months ago, after patch 7.2. or so, demonology skull started to disappear after his aoe and never return back (need relog etc.). It was last nail in coffin for me, because after hard work to finish demo challenge I found out this, combined with our stupid way to class hall, our class mounts etc. I benched my lock again. These small frustrating things are not world first problems ofc., but when you see their ability to quickly fix some cosmetic things for other classes (e. g. Illidan glaives for Dh's) and their ignoring attitude to disappearing artefact, you are just disappointed. So I totally understand how is FelPlague feeling.