Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blackrook Rumble only exists to be blasted off the map instantly with the order hall bonus

Deleted
    So why is BrM Monk the only tank which sucks in WPvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    So why is BrM Monk the only tank which sucks in WPvP?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...rock/%c3%a0mba

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP in general is a mess this expansion.

Rogues can stay above 90% hp because of a feint legendary if they don't instagib you with 2 eviscerates or one shot your entire group with fan of knives because of a back legendary.

Damage is way too high across the board and tanks are beyond broken.

Like it was in vanilla when pvp was the best. Who can proc 3 winfuries in 1 hit or get big crit with Mortal Strike/Pyroblast is the best. Do you remember rogue videos where they ganked 60 lvl players with level 1 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    World PvP in general is a mess this expansion.

Rogues can stay above 90% hp because of a feint legendary if they don't instagib you with 2 eviscerates or one shot your entire group with fan of knives because of a back legendary.

Damage is way too high across the board and tanks are beyond broken.
    At least you need some leggs and/or good gear and stats to be that effective as a rogue a design that i love actually, The problem here is, some other dds have shit leggs in comparission.

A tank is op from scratch in wpvp. And that should have no place in a mmorpg.

They should be immortal ok.

But also slow and not 2 shot ppl.

Tanks in WPvP are stupid. I don't even bother with them. THey have 3x the health as everyone else and do tons of damage with little effort. Plus seem to have endless healing. I miss when you engaged people in the world it put into place PvP templates like in MoP. I mean some geared tanks like Guardian Druids can tank a ton of players for ever while killing them at the same time.

Agreed that world pvp has almost always been broken, but in the past that had to do specifically with the issue trying to balance pvp with pve mechanics and stats. Back when there was pvp gear things made sense. If you do pvp you do so in pvp gear. If you make that pretty much a requirement then you won't have this issue with tanks. Or fix the mechanic that you don't need to be in a pvp specific area for pvp stats to get adjusted. Make it so that anytime you're in a pvp encounter that stats automatically adjust. I only say this because I will vs a player who is a good player. Warrior for example. I'll be in fury and vs him in his Fury, Arms and Prot spec. I'll destroy him in his Fury, be relatively close and win against him in Arms, but then he goes Prot and he's just immortal. I know the class and I know it well, but so does he and it just doesn't matter the knowledge. The only way I can win is if I have draught of souls, catch him slipping if he forgets to use ignore pain and burst on him during a stun and if he doesn't die I have to run away so that he can't use any heals on me, until my next burst window and hopefully burst him down on the second go. That is literally the only way to solo him in his prot spec.....World Pvp as far as tanks definitely should be adjusted. I've won against many tanks in world pvp, but it's definitely 70/30 tanks. When all others classes it is relatively even at even skill level. While a mediocre tank can destroy a skilled dps player, just because of the current design.

I think the current pvp system is pretty good, with the advent of honor talents and having the ilvl system. But if that doesn't apply to world pvp and the God Mode tanks you see in raid, get to come into the pvp arena. It's just entirely unfair. So if the ilvl system is intended for pvp then they need to bring that system to world pvp, rather than having the two separate world. Or, make pvp gear viable again so that dps can use that in world pvp.

Are cowards

7+ Year Old Account
    I like to read how bad dps whine they can't solo tanks without BG debuff on them. Tank in wPvP is killable you just need skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I like to read how bad dps whine they can't solo tanks without BG debuff on them. Tank in wPvP is killable you just need skill.
    Need skill, PvP talent, potions, flasks, food, not being attacked while you have 10 hp, not being attacked while you are killing 10k mobs.......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Need skill, PvP talent, potions, flasks, food, not being attacked while you have 10 hp, not being attacked while you are killing 10k mobs.......
    I have Blood DK who rape any shit noob in wPvP. But sometimes i meet really good rogue/DH/feral who nuke my ass out of window. If you play on PvP server and go doing shit in zones of current expansion you should expect to being attacked/ganked.

Tanks are called tanks for reason. You can't kill them with your standard burn rotation.

Deleted
    I have Blood DK who rape any shit noob in wPvP. But sometimes i meet really good rogue/DH/feral who nuke my ass out of window. If you play on PvP server and go doing shit in zones of current expansion you should expect to being attacked/ganked.

Tanks are called tanks for reason. You can't kill them with your standard burn rotation.
    I think you literally linked 3 class that can stun/kill you in wPvP in like 3 second XD By the way i play on a PvE server, the only time i experience wPvP are during the "arena" quest or the free PvP quest, during that i try to avoid tanks and Demon Hunter dps XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I think you literally linked 3 class that can stun/kill you in wPvP in like 3 second XD By the way i play on a PvE server, the only time i experience wPvP are during the "arena" quest or the free PvP quest, during that i try to avoid tanks and Demon Hunter dps XD
    Tanks in arena WQ have BG debuff so i can't understand why people still complain.

Tanks in arena WQ have BG debuff so i can't understand why people still complain.
    That's not the debuff that enforces PvP templates, it just reduces max HP/healing done.

Of course, that doesn't stop scumbag tanks from running to the port out guy as soon as they kill 2-3 people...

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not the debuff that enforces PvP templates, it just reduces max HP/healing done.
    Assuming HP pool, protection and self healing their major's strengths its affect tanks survival in those arenas the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, that doesn't stop scumbag tanks from running to the port out guy as soon as they kill 2-3 people...
    Neither it stop scambug DPS. Don't say me white is white and black is black.

My theory is that Blizzard made tanks OP this expansion so that it would give incentive for more people to actually play as tanks.

WoW has always had a tank problem with very few people wanting to play one, this expansion now has tons of people playing as tanks.

So I guess you solve one problem but create another, I honestly prefer this problem over having tanks be a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    My theory is that Blizzard made tanks OP this expansion so that it would give incentive for more people to actually play as tanks.

WoW has always had a tank problem with very few people wanting to play one, this expansion now has tons of people playing as tanks.

So I guess you solve one problem but create another, I honestly prefer this problem over having tanks be a rarity.
    The point some have made is you can make tanks fun to play without the 'problem' of them being demigods .. Look at what other MMO's have done for inspiration, the two that come to mind right now would be Rift and Star Wars. Not saying they are PERFECT but it was fun playing tank .. What they did was remove the damage part but excel at mitigating for team and harassment.

In WoW tanks not only mitigate and harass BUT also can and will kill YOU as a DPS .. It might have been ok had it not been for the fact that in wPvP tanks will kill YOU your brother, cousin and best friend AND rez-farm you hahaha

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Legion. The expansion where tanks with downs syndrome can 1v5 in world PvP and delude themselves into thinking they're actually good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Just got to experience this for the first time today. Blood DKs and bears with over 10m hp doing 1/3rd of your health with one attack. What were they thinking? You can't complete the Timeworn Strand WQ with one around
    Roll a Rogue. They can literally kill any tank in 2-3 globals in world PvP (assuming equal gear).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama