Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Think you forgot the new -cobra shot reduction trait again for the BM relic sims .

I dont see the combo with Sephuz in: BM legendary combos, 58 traits, 2pc4pc*, 930/960 ilvl, 970 legs

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Think you forgot the new -cobra shot reduction trait again for the BM relic sims .
    Doh! Two different versions of the files. I'll rerun the BM artifact one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nidosarg View Post
    I dont see the combo with Sephuz in: BM legendary combos, 58 traits, 2pc4pc*, 930/960 ilvl, 970 legs
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter
    Sephuz is really difficult to sim correctly. I could use a tabard for a perfect uptime, as I do in the single target sims, but this will be a bit forced. I would like to get everything resimmed as is just to see where we stand, and then make upgrades (possibly one with settings like you are talking about), once I get everything updated.
    Quoted my reply to your earlier post that explained why this is problematic. To answer your question though, sure, if you can interrupt or freezing trap on CD, Sephuz is the most powerful legendary in your arsenal. That goes for all specs.

- - - Updated - - -

BM artifact rerun with the Slithering Serpents trait included

what does the 915/945 ilvl or the 930/960 ilvl refer too in the sims? the ilvl of the gear? the set pieces? i thought 955 was the current max

First number is gear ilvl in every slot, excpet of weapon. So 2nd number is weapon ilvl.

I have 2 questions. First off, can someone explain how you read the Relic sim? Its confusing for me. Second, I saw in the BM single target sims that Dire Frenzy with the Huntsmaster ring was top. Is that the top single target spec we should be running?

Lately I've been seeing Sephuz simming very high (without any procs, I checked) which I've been somewhat confused. My gear gives Boots + Sephuz as the best combination right now, which I think comes from the fact that I have a much better non-legendary belt than ring and that my current stat weights have crit and haste at the top, which are sephuz stats. Still, I find it odd that Sephuz is simming better than Apex or Huntmaster under any conditions. Is the 2% Haste really a significant effect?

Stats I think have become far too (not sure of the right word) messed up lately. Here is my raidbots sim between sephuz and huntmaster, it's nuts how crazy crit haste is with stomp builds. The top gear is with sephuz (both have agi gem simmed in) but I can rerun it over and over and get it between 100 or so dps to 1k dps difference so in essence they are equal sim-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    I have 2 questions. First off, can someone explain how you read the Relic sim? Its confusing for me. Second, I saw in the BM single target sims that Dire Frenzy with the Huntsmaster ring was top. Is that the top single target spec we should be running?
    When you add a relic to an artifact you change two things: a trait and weapon item level. The sims are showing the relative increases of adding weapon item levels vs. trait changes from the same base profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    When you add a relic to an artifact you change two things: a trait and weapon item level. The sims are showing the relative increases of adding weapon item levels vs. trait changes from the same base profile.
    Ok so how can we tell how much the weapon ilvl is going to change from adding a certain relic?
    Specific questions about it, what is wild+1_legWrists, norm_legWrists, and when you say Passive+1 what does that mean also? Is that if the relic you change, changes the weapon ilvl by +1? How much of a relic ilvl needs to change for a weapon to change by 1 ilvl?

Ok so how can we tell how much the weapon ilvl is going to change from adding a certain relic?
    Specific questions about it, what is wild+1_legWrists, norm_legWrists, and when you say Passive+1 what does that mean also? Is that if the relic you change, changes the weapon ilvl by +1? How much of a relic ilvl needs to change for a weapon to change by 1 ilvl?
    "legWrists" means the profile is using the Call of the Wild legendary, the "wild+1" one has 1 more rank in wilderness expert than the "norm" one.

From the results you can tell, for example, that adding 1 rank in jaws is slightly better than adding 7 ilvls. This tells you that a 910 jaws relic (+61 ilvls) is better than a 930 mimiron's shell relic (+67 ilvls).

Anyone know if you have 3 Slithering Serpent relics will it devalue the Roar belt enough to use another legendary? Prob not right?

Anyone know if you have 3 Slithering Serpent relics will it devalue the Roar belt enough to use another legendary? Prob not right?
    I have 2 slithering serpent relics and now run bracers and apex as the belt Sims lower for me,in fact my highest potential is sephuz and prydaz

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnykeg1337 View Post
    I have 2 slithering serpent relics and now run bracers and apex as the belt Sims lower for me,in fact my highest potential is sephuz and prydaz
    Same for me, got 2 slithering serpent relics and sephuz + prydaz is the highest simming leggy combo. Using the combo, since sims are without sephuz procs and you can proc it on a few bosses + prydaz is always nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Lets buff Feral by 100%, because as these clowns say: Difficulty should reward more dps......

Its fine if Feral just beats everything all the time, because its hard to play right? Or better again, a hunter focused example. Lets just buff Survival to do far superior damage to the other two hunter specs because its harder to play? I'm sure these MM tryhards will be happy that they're the #2 spec again to the melee hunters.....
    Except that this is what blizzard used to believe back in wrath, they even mentioned they were ok with feral outperforming everything else in single target because of its difficulty.

At some point the devs team changed so much in its core and this idea was lost, but this was A THING, and at any point in time they might bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaxBgon View Post
    Except that this is what blizzard used to believe back in wrath, they even mentioned they were ok with feral outperforming everything else in single target because of its difficulty.

At some point the devs team changed so much in its core and this idea was lost, but this was A THING, and at any point in time they might bring it back.
    I like this design strategy but it will make too many people cry so it won't ever happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I like this design strategy but it will make too many people cry so it won't ever happen again
    People would both complain and not play the specs if Blizzard decided to enforce arbitrary limits on their DPS due to certain people's perceptions of "difficulty", making it an awful design choice overall.

Probably a better decision would be to not make them absolute ass to play, as Survival pretty much seems to be to an overwhelming number of hunters. Personally, I actually want to like the spec as melee, but the difficulty of it seems so artificial due to non-sensical button bloat I just can't.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2017-08-03 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    People would both complain and not play the specs if Blizzard decided to enforce arbitrary limits on their DPS due to certain people's
    perceptions of "difficulty", making it an awful design choice overall.

Probably a better decision would be to not make them absolute ass to play, as Survival pretty much seems to be to an overwhelming number of hunters. Personally, I actually want to like the spec as melee, but the difficulty of it seems so artificial due to non-sensical button bloat I just can't.
    Arbitrary means there no reason, making a spec hard does not set a limit on the dps for no reason.
    Survival is ass to play because it's using 5 year old mechanics like mok (hi tiger palm) and it's a gcd locked class with a 1.5sec base gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    certain people's perceptions of "difficulty"
    Nobody complained when feral was beating shadowmourne wearers in wotlk, what changed?
    Easy way to fix, give BM kill command a 2 sec cast and buff it accordingly, there now its balanced in every way and nobody can ever say they are brain dead because of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Arbitrary means there no reason, making a spec hard does not set a limit on the dps for no reason.
    Survival is ass to play because it's using 5 year old mechanics like mok (hi tiger palm) and it's a gcd locked class with a 1.5sec base gcd
    Arbitrary, used in this case (as it doesn't have just one simple definition as you're making out) refers to doing something on a whim, or because they (Blizz devs) can. There's no real "reason" to do it other than they would want to structure it that way, in which case many players would get pissed off if they did. Again, the whole concept of "difficulty" is really a perception that may change from player to player. So enforcing a class balance mechanism based on that could get really shitty, really quick, for the majority of the player base.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlaxBgon View Post
    Nobody complained when feral was beating shadowmourne wearers in wotlk, what changed?
    Easy way to fix, give BM kill command a 2 sec cast and buff it accordingly, there now its balanced in every way and nobody can ever say they are brain dead because of movement.
    I don't really ever remember feral druid being so strong across the board that they'd be worth complaining about. Sure, there have been times when their single target has been unmatched, but to my memory, it mostly came at a tradeoff of not being able to do anything but one single target, little cleave, shit at target swap. So I don't really know why you would pick them as your example other than they do, or did have at least, a challenging rotation at times.