Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Threads about (failed) marriages always end well here. It's like all men marry a female hobo who two days after the marriage gets ALS and when she wants a divorce, she gets half his stuff! She just steals it all! Better prepare that saw if they have an uneven number of children/pets.

If this woman contributed to the success of his business, I don't see it as wrong for her to be paid for it. Furthermore, she's 64, good fucking luck finding a new job at that age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    The people saying she deserves nothing are idiotic. She clearly contributed to the business, she raised his 3 kids and they've been married 40 years. Clearly that's an arrangement that he was happy with for 40 years. It's irrelevant anyway, the law is clear; and you don't get to take 40 years of someones life then toss them on the pile and leave them destitute at retirement age when you find a younger model. Dude needs to be a man, pay what is owed and get on to humping desperate asian chicks.

People in general need to stop bitching about divorce settlements. Don't think a pre-nup is going to cover your back in any meaningful way in most countries either. If you're not prepared to lose your assets, don't get married, and if you do, don't get out your dick or open your legs for anyone who isn't your spouse, it's not mysterious.
    Well said. It's not like anyone who gets married doesn't know what they're getting into. And honestly, it sounds as though she would still be married to the guy, if she didn't find out about his secret family on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this woman contributed to the success of his business, I don't see it as wrong for her to be paid for it. Furthermore, she's 64, good fucking luck finding a new job at that age.
    Exactly, the reason that women get alimony is that it is generally understood that non-working wives (and often working wives) reduce their success and hold off on their goals and dreams in order to support their husband, support the home and keep the household stable, which all contributes to the man's ability to focus on his work and become more successful. So when he decides to screw that setup, the wife gets money.

For my aunt, it was my uncle who got money because the situation was reversed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Not just that, but while imprisoned he can't really do his job, meaning he could lose his position in the company and lose the contacts he'd made depending on how long he stays in prison and continues to disobey the court. Nothing's stopping the judge from simply chaining back-to-back prison sentences for contempt of court when he repeatedly refuses to follow a court order.
    but it does give time to hide the money in bitcoins, and claim he got bankrupt because of his jail time

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    No. To sum it up: Hes a man who likes good looking women, who don't have a man haircut, and who aren't old, like most men. His wife is a gold digger who wants HALF of the money HE earned. She should settle for maybe 2 million and call it a day. Yes, he cheated. Clearly, he had cause to do so. No, she doesn't deserve 1/2 his money. This is why you don't get married without a prenuptial agreement. Good on him for choosing prison than to let his old ugly cow wife win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I can't roll my eyes hard enough.
    Yes let's check out how the male specimen in this equation has kept up with his appearance through the years.

Damn. So sexy.

I feel badly for these foreign women whose lives are apparently so terrible that they feel the need to basically prostitute themselves to these old unattractive men (with serious apparent character flaws). Clearly he was already married and based on the content of the article, had no real plans to marry her. He was just looking to get it in.

Nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes let's check out how the male specimen in this equation has kept up with his appearance through the years.

Damn. So sexy.

I feel badly for these foreign women whose lives are apparently so terrible that they feel the need to basically prostitute themselves to these old unattractive men (with serious apparent character flaws). Clearly he was already married and based on the content of the article, had no real plans to marry her. He was just looking to get it in.

Nauseating.
    He was making the money, she was a cheerleader. But yeah, she woulda gone for the fat guy with acne when she was hot, because he was kind and had a good heart and would never cheat on her? right? LOL. He went for her because of how she looked. She was with him for $. As I said, she lost her looks, and the young women with him want $. I mean its simply how the world works.

Is he a nice person? No. Hes got a normal mans sex drive and he has the means to follow it into old age. She is entitled to a divorce but not all his money. Settlement should be 2 million, not 10.

Here is a news flash for you: The guy you are dating/married to right now/the next guy you date will find women in their 20's attractive when they themselves are 50,60,70. I know, its shocking, but true. Most won't do anything, because they can't. Rich guys have a way in. Most good looking women (even ones who already have money) like money. Men like young women, women like money. Both sexes are shallow.

- - - Updated - - -

The people saying she deserves nothing are idiotic. She clearly contributed to the business, she raised his 3 kids and they've been married 40 years. Clearly that's an arrangement that he was happy with for 40 years. It's irrelevant anyway, the law is clear; and you don't get to take 40 years of someones life then toss them on the pile and leave them destitute at retirement age when you find a younger model. Dude needs to be a man, pay what is owed and get on to humping desperate asian chicks.

People in general need to stop bitching about divorce settlements. Don't think a pre-nup is going to cover your back in any meaningful way in most countries either. If you're not prepared to lose your assets, don't get married, and if you do, don't get out your dick or open your legs for anyone who isn't your spouse, it's not mysterious.
    She is entitled to more than nothing, but not half or more. 2 million would be more than enough. Also, people get married and stuff changes over 40 years. I have dated girls I was thinking about marrying, thankfully I didn't. I am in my late 30's, I have a few friends who got married to these hot, fun girls 10 years ago, and now they are meh - ugly and have awful tempers. I'll be playing a range of games over the last decade with a college buddy and hear *angry woman noises* in the background and then hear a very sad, beaten down "I have to go, sorry man" Again... soooo happy I never got married, but some fell for the trap. I feel bad for them and there should be a way out besides losing 1/2 your life savings.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-07-28 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    40 year marriage ruined by his wanderlust, and she raised the kids, helped pay for legal bills so their business would survive, and made the shit that he showed others? Yeah, I don't feel sorry for him. Half is perfectly fine.

He was making the money, she was a cheerleader. But yeah, she woulda gone for the fat guy with acne when she was hot, because he was kind and had a good heart and would never cheat on her? right? LOL. He went for her because of how she looked. She was with him for $. As I said, she lost her looks, and the young women with him want $. I mean its simply how the world works.

Is he a nice person? No. Hes got a normal mans sex drive and he has the means to follow it into old age. She is entitled to a divorce but not all his money. Settlement should be 2 million, not 10.

Here is a news flash for you: The guy you are dating/married to right now/the next guy you date will find women in their 20's attractive when they themselves are 50,60,70. I know, its shocking, but true. Most won't do anything, because they can't. Rich guys have a way in. Most good looking women (even ones who already have money) like money. Men like young women, women like money. Both sexes are shallow.

She is entitled to more than nothing, but not half or more. 2 million would be more than enough. Also, people get married and stuff changes over 40 years. I have dated girls I was thinking about marrying, thankfully I didn't. I am in my late 30's, I have a few friends who got married to these hot, fun girls 10 years ago, and now they are meh - ugly and have awful tempers. I'll be playing a range of games over the last decade with a college buddy and hear *angry woman noises* in the background and then hear a very sad, beaten down "I have to go, sorry man" Again... soooo happy I never got married, but some fell for the trap. I feel bad for them and there should be a way out besides losing 1/2 your life savings.
    Sugarbabes/"gold digging whores" aside, do you really want to generalise an enitre gender? I don't want money, I don't need a rich man's money. Besides, you're acting as if women (especially older women) don't have a sex drive, indeed, that only men have a sexuality and that women (young ones, obviously) are simply there for sex and have no desires of their own. This wife in question, or for that matter, any old woman, do you think she doesn't find a 20-30 year old man attractive? Or is it an abhorrent thought that a female 60+ could want a 'ripped' young man?

It's like the other thread here, about the branch of Mormons, the old fart with his 25 wives, yeah, for sure, those young women must have thought he was the shit.
    (More tragic the people wanting to be him, yeah, trade young women like currency, good on you)

As for your college buddy, they might have issues to resolve, and you shouldn't contribute that to her falling from grace appearance-wise.

Seriously, what I'm gathering from these various threads is that no one apart from "beta cucks" like old women, that they're basically trash no manly masculine man should waste time, money or sperm on. Do they think of their mothers the same way - trassh tier human beings who shouldn't feel loved because they're old? Though they wouldn't have qualms with their 70 year old fathers giving STDs to 20 year olds because "that's natural blabla quote quake-biology".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, people know how marriage works. They know they stand to lose upwards of half their assets. They simply SHOULD NOT take part in that arrangement if keeping all of their assets is more important to them than keeping their partner but especially not if they can't control their sexual impulses. People may change over time, but every adult knows that so being naive and stupid is not a defense. If they're more concerned about keeping their bank account all to themselves, be honest, tell that to their partner upfront and see if they still want to get married. If they don't, if they think they'd rather keep that bit of information to themselves for 40 years until they've got all that they wanted out of a person and used them up like an old shoe they're a selfish cunt and an an idiot for not understanding the law and deserve what's coming their way down the line.

To me, this idea that a woman who raises the children, looks after the house, contributes to the business and does everything she can to support her husband's success has little to no value is repugnant. What if she refused to do those things and focused on her career instead? Would the husband be able to have lived the life he did? Had the business that he had and the kids and family life that she provided? Would he be in a financial position where he had the option to bin his wife of 40 years for a desperate 20 something Phillipino?

Most normal women have NO interest in being a sponge sat at home watching day time tv while the man brings home the bread. For most normal women them staying at home is the result of a mutual discussion with their partner on how best to manage their marriage and circumstances because it is generally a requirement that one of them does so, especially when children are involved. This is also why in today's society it's becoming more and more common for men to be the partner that stays at home. That or they hire help.

Again, this is something that you cannot put a value on, and the law says that you cannot make that kind of arrangement with a person then walk away when they're in their 60's and say "tough luck bitch!"

I'm not sure on where you're going with the anecdote, so I won't comment on that but judging from your other comments your argument seems to boil down to "Women are gold digging whores and they're valuable only as long as they have a nice rack".
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-07-28 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    $10 million for 6 months in jail? where do I sign?
    Agree! For that sum I'll even consider being the soap-bitch!

Threads about (failed) marriages always end well here. It's like all men marry a female hobo who two days after the marriage gets ALS and when she wants a divorce, she gets half his stuff! She just steals it all! Better prepare that saw if they have an uneven number of children/pets.

Not 10 million dollars. She should be paid as someone that worked there would be. Just because she's married to the boss shouldn't mean she gets privileges.

If she's 64 and has no career that's on her.

she raised his 3 kids and they've been married 40 years. Clearly that's an arrangement that he was happy with for 40 years. It's irrelevant anyway, the law is clear; and you don't get to take 40 years of someones life then toss them on the pile and leave them destitute at retirement age when you find a younger model. Dude needs to be a man, pay what is owed and get on to humping desperate asian chicks.
    Being a housewife is not something that should entitle you to 10 million dollars. Most people don't earn that in a lifetime.

Just because she fucked a rich guy shouldn't entitle her and her future offspring to a well off life most can only dream of.

Alimony is retarded. Here in Romania the couple splits what they earned DURING THE MARRIAGE.

In what world should the spouse be entitled to what your family left you as inheritance, or what you earned on your own? Madness. I wouldn't want to be a man living in the USA, it's like every law favors women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Would do the same.

EDIT: I mean, not the lie thing but definitely jail > divorce.
    For 10m $ I'd just hire a hitman honestly.

Pretty sure you can find one for 1m $, then you get to keep the other 9.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Is it?

Both wanted children, but none came after five years, so they adopted their first two children, a boy and a girl. Then they conceived a child, also a girl, giving them the three children they wanted. Barbara was working in retail, but stayed home once the kids came while Brian focused on his career.

Alimony is retarded. Here in Romania the couple splits what they earned DURING THE MARRIAGE.

In what world should the spouse be entitled to what your family left you as inheritance, or what you earned on your own? Madness. I wouldn't want to be a man living in the USA, it's like every law favors women.

“I would make the hand samples for the costumes and Brian would take these hand samples when he was meeting with clients,” Barbara said. Brian and Barbara and the three kids modelled the costumes for their early catalogues. “We had no money to afford professional models. Brian did the photography and I did the makeup on the kiddies and got them dressed.”

The early years were tough, especially when Funrise sued for starting a rival firm. The Blatherwicks stood their ground. Barbara took a job to help pay the bills until the suit was dismissed.

With the lawsuit behind them, Seasons took off.
    The guy built everything he had while married to this woman. She helped him build it. She helped defend it. She raised the family he wanted. He betrayed her. Half is fine.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-07-28 at 01:05 PM.

Not 10 million dollars. She should be paid as someone that worked there would be. Just because she's married to the boss shouldn't mean she gets privileges.

It's not that she doesn't have a career; for elderly people (50+) it's very difficult to find a job. You should also consider that this couple grew up in another time, where it might have been considered "good" for a young woman to not work and instead be home with children (though children are a fucking handful), and if she wanted a job, it'd be part time as a secretary or something. And the skills gathered utilising a typewriter 40 years ago won't help you today. Woman stays at home taking care of the interior/children, man brings money home, and that's where - I think - alimony came from.

Some elderly people can change jobs and thrive, but this woman is close to retirement age and might be at poorer health someone half her age, so a company might not want her, because she'd be gone after a few years and sickleaves anyways. This goes for men too, by the way. The older you are, the harder it is to find work.

In this day and age though, it's foolish to surrender your possibilites at a career/education because the children need dinner from scratch and the house must be spotless at all times.

Yet, I still think that there is a consensus that women should be the selfsacrificing ones, especially when there is a baby. In Norway, you'd be considered a cruel, heartless and brutal person for returning to work 6 weeks after birth (which I hear isn't uncommon in USA), because baby > your furture. And ultimately, when women are elder, they take out less pension than men, because they were home with babies/young children, because the society expects them to be.

Point is, she's a person of her time, when she didn't acquire a lot of work experience/education, because the other people of her time expected her to put the children/husband before herself. It's different now, but still we have these attitudes hanging around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I don't like how overshooting alimony tends to be, which is why I encourage people to get prenups before marriage, however unromantic they may be. I'm surprised this guy didn't do that considering he's lauded to be such a businessman. Another hitch in his business cred is that the prison sentence apparently doesn't even vindicate him from paying the alimony.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Agree, but it is surpassed by the audacity of his wife who thinks she is entitled to millions of dollars for being a housewife in 2017.
    If you get married, you form life partnership. That means (by default) that she is entitled to half of what they made in that partnership. Whether she deserved that amount based on what she sacrificed for their relationship, or how much she contributed to his success is both indeterminate and irrelevant.

If people don't want to split their assets 50/50 if the marriage fails then they can always get an antenuptial contract that specifies otherwise.

This guy sounds like a complete douche and a pathological liar. He has got what he deserves for his contempt of court and has only himself to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I'm surprised this guy didn't do that considering he's lauded to be such a businessman. Another hitch in his business cred is that the prison sentence apparently doesn't even vindicate him from paying the alimony.
    His behaviour strikes me as being a narcissistic sociopath. They do well in business because of their ability to act dishonestly with impunity and to manipulate people. I suspect he thought he'd get people to feel sympathetic for him and not send him to jail once they saw the gross injustice he is suffering. The problem with sociopaths though is that they have no clue about how people actually feel because they lack the ability to empathise, so I think in this case he grossly miscalculated how things would pan out.

- - - Updated - - -

For 10m $ I'd just hire a hitman honestly.

Pretty sure you can find one for 1m $, then you get to keep the other 9.
    Given the facts of case (plus the fact that the vast majority of murders of women are by their spouses) who do you think will be at the top of the suspect list?

Also, if he owes her that money, then if she dies it becomes part of her estate. His debt to her doesn't disappear, it transfers to her heirs.

People who enter legal contracts need to understand the terms of those contracts. People know if you enter into a marriage with no prenup you are basically making that person your 50/50 partner financially for the duration of that marriage. If he wanted to avoid that he should have done a prenup. Both parties knew what they were getting into and his decision to try to shack up with some lil asian girl had predictable consequences.

I can't say this businessman is very smart.

Him going to jail for 6 months doesn't change the fact that he still has to pay the 10M.

Definitely wouldn't partner up with him on business ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    $10 million for 6 months in jail? where do I sign?
    It's not like that, he will get another 6 months if he still doesn't pay. And so on and so on...

Is it?

The guy built everything he had while married to this woman. She helped him build it. She helped defend it. She raised the family he wanted. He betrayed her. Half is fine.
    Mexican maids will do it for far less than 10m $.

She was working Retail. She wasn't some movie star.

7+ Year Old Account

She wasn't a maid, she was his wife. For 40 years. If he wanted a maid to raise his kids he should have done that and not married her so she could do something else with her life. He wanted his wife to raise them. So what if she was working in retail? I work in retail and have made a comfortable life for myself and a decent career out of it. You don't get to put an arbitrary figure on the value of her contribution to the marriage. Nor does anyone on any marriage, that's why most courts try to split everything 50/50 to get these things over with as quickly as possible so that both sides get on with their lives. There are cases where this can lead to some decisions that seem unfair (this isn't one of them), but since it happens to both sexes it means the law is being applied equally to everyone as it should be. For cultural reasons these decisions seem to go in favour of women because they're more likely to be deemed the suitable partner to stay at home with the kids. If men were more likely to be house husbands you'd get this exact same argument from shitty women in divorce cases, which is exactly what you see when that does happen.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-07-28 at 11:19 PM.

Then he should have married one then? He had nothing in the beginning, too. And she helped him build his career.

Thoughtcrime's post was spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

If men were more likely to be house husbands you'd get this exact same argument from shitty women in divorce cases, which is exactly what you see when that does happen.
    Yup, indeed you do.