Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    "I'm finally free!!"
    Agree 100%. I still have urge to buy prepaid, but I know I will waste my life by doing it now ;( I just need more of that digital heroine ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Why I'm glad you asked, and I'll tell you because It's topical for this post and therefore can't be removed by the Admins claiming It's "Spam".

I was banned on April 15th 2015, 2 years 4 months ago. Short version, I was away on a trip, left my PC at home, didn't touch It, didn't do anything with It, obviously I was In another country after all. I get home and get to find out my account was hacked In a way, I get It back under control and roughly a week later I get a "You are perma banned now" notice on email, so I thought to myself (Knowing WoW after 10 years from that point, 12 now) they did an investigation thing noticing something was off about the account and banned It, natural thing to do they're protecting my account, how wrong I was.

They claimed that I was commiting harassment on the account, despite me being away from the country, that proven by flight tickets, hotel reservations via Expedia and the fact I haven't logged onto Battle.net since January 2015, when I left. Now, obviously the harassments were done by the hacker, but on their side they see no evidence of a hacker, so for 2 years 4 months I'm arguing back and fourth via tickets mostly, basically their short story Is they see no evidence of a hacker, therefore I am responsible, the end.

I could go on and on, but people get afraid of other people talking about bans like It's Voldemort.

If that happened to you, fight It, prove them you didn't do anything wrong (Which I hope you didn't) cause I can tell you one thing for a fact. And that's the fact that the fact we play WoW for 10+ years Is meaningless to them, hell even Burger King gives you a loyalty card and other bonuses for coming In and using their services often, do we get a pardon for doing something we didn't even do? Whilst having a completely blank slate of reports of that nature? They just don't care, but they should, cause veteran players are worth 100 casual ones especially now, especially In Legion where casuals come and go.

So to answer you, I'd feel pretty dishearetened as I do now, felt cheated by them for giving them my loyalty, money and get nothing In return but excuses for something they should be providing me, and that's account security, It's not my fault they don't see a hacker doing those things on their side, I see It on mine. To me half of this is justice now, cause I know I'm right, I'm Innocent and they're not... and I hate playing WoW now on my secondary account, as without my REAL chars that I feel a good attachment to I feel like I'm playing an Inferior version of WoW without all my chars, all their collectibles and so on. It's something Wow doesn't understand even after so long, people like their chars after so long having items others don't.

Why do people assume It has to do with any of that? Blizzard aren't angels themselves without any biases, especially not their customer support
    And there it is, the post I was talking about. I'm even willing to bet that TC, who is a fresh account, is an account he just made to ask this, but it doesn't matter that much, tbh.

Just search this guy's created threads and you're in for a wild ride.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=49148302

10+ Year Old Account
    *lies, lies and more lies*
    You are a liar... your started posts tell the story... you or your 'brother' were stalking and harassing another player... after numerous warnings Blizzard banned you... Ban rightfully earned... Then by your own admission you started harassing Blizzard CS... You even started numerous threads here on MMOC and after being told to stop by moderators you continued... You sir are a liar, stop trying to hijack another thread with your lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Have you try bringing that issue on social media? Companies usually freak out.
    Check his started threads... either he's lying here or he lied there.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Why do people assume It has to do with any of that? Blizzard aren't angels themselves without any biases, especially not their customer support
    This is the best. Blizz has some of the best customer support you can find.
    I can't remember the time frame, maybe sometime before Cata but after Ruby Sanctum had been out for awhile, I had quit and stopped my subscription. I resub and go to log on, finding out that my account has been banned. I think this was after being unsubbed for a year or so. I opened a ticket to find out what was going on. Apparently my account had been logged into sometime after my subscription had expired, without even showing anything on the billing/subscription page in the account information.
    In less than an hour my account was unbanned and any items/gold that was lost within that time period was returned to me via mail.

I've never had problems with customer support. I was once permanently banned (for about 12 hours) , supposedly I'd been "exploiting the economy", they checked IPs, the one that was on when I was "exploiting the economy" wasn't me, got unbanned with one phone call. So for your story, if they can't find proof it wasn't you then most likely it came from your IP, meaning it either WAS you, or somebody has access to your account, and IP.

Took them long enough. I have been botting for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i'm very attached to my account for all the achievements and mounts i've collected. if they took that away from me i'd be sad but also feel glad to finally let it go.
    You know the day will come where this will happen, banned or not. You should already make peace with the idea.

I'd likely quit. As far as I know, they don't even do permanent bans anymore, however. That and I've never, nor would ever, do something that would get me banned.

Deleted
    sucks to be you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    "I'm finally free!!"
    This! I would not get a new account. So it would feel like I'm finally free of this addiction

Why I'm glad you asked, and I'll tell you because It's topical for this post and therefore can't be removed by the Admins claiming It's "Spam".

I was banned on April 15th 2015, 2 years 4 months ago. Short version, I was away on a trip, left my PC at home, didn't touch It, didn't do anything with It, obviously I was In another country after all. I get home and get to find out my account was hacked In a way, I get It back under control and roughly a week later I get a "You are perma banned now" notice on email, so I thought to myself (Knowing WoW after 10 years from that point, 12 now) they did an investigation thing noticing something was off about the account and banned It, natural thing to do they're protecting my account, how wrong I was.

They claimed that I was commiting harassment on the account, despite me being away from the country, that proven by flight tickets, hotel reservations via Expedia and the fact I haven't logged onto Battle.net since January 2015, when I left. Now, obviously the harassments were done by the hacker, but on their side they see no evidence of a hacker, so for 2 years 4 months I'm arguing back and fourth via tickets mostly, basically their short story Is they see no evidence of a hacker, therefore I am responsible, the end.

I could go on and on, but people get afraid of other people talking about bans like It's Voldemort.

If that happened to you, fight It, prove them you didn't do anything wrong (Which I hope you didn't) cause I can tell you one thing for a fact. And that's the fact that the fact we play WoW for 10+ years Is meaningless to them, hell even Burger King gives you a loyalty card and other bonuses for coming In and using their services often, do we get a pardon for doing something we didn't even do? Whilst having a completely blank slate of reports of that nature? They just don't care, but they should, cause veteran players are worth 100 casual ones especially now, especially In Legion where casuals come and go.

So to answer you, I'd feel pretty dishearetened as I do now, felt cheated by them for giving them my loyalty, money and get nothing In return but excuses for something they should be providing me, and that's account security, It's not my fault they don't see a hacker doing those things on their side, I see It on mine. To me half of this is justice now, cause I know I'm right, I'm Innocent and they're not... and I hate playing WoW now on my secondary account, as without my REAL chars that I feel a good attachment to I feel like I'm playing an Inferior version of WoW without all my chars, all their collectibles and so on. It's something Wow doesn't understand even after so long, people like their chars after so long having items others don't.

How do you "define" a hacker though, did you for example have 2 factor authentication and made sure that your battle.net app does not automaticly login? And was your WoW E-mail address / password unique and only used for that account, and not for lets say used for any 3d party forums or any other websites where you need to make a account?

As i IT engineer with a focus on security for example a leaked / guessed username / password on a account that doesnt have 2 factor authentication doesn't really fall under "hacked" to me, thats just carelessness on the users part. Now if you had all that stuff and they broke into your bitlocker encrypted computer just to obtain your Battle.net username / password then yes, i would consider that being "hacked".

Blizzard is also not responsible for your account security, you are responsible yourself to attach a authenticator (for 2 factor auth) and to use a username (E-mail address) and password that you don't use for anything else.

Blizzard is only responsible for account security on their side, so if you can prove that Blizzard was hacked and during that hack the hackers obtained your account info from lets say the Battle.net account database directly then you would have a strong case. I would be very surprised though if a company like Blizzard doesn't atleast encrypt the passwords in the database with a strong form of encryption.

I can understand that you are pissed about this, and feel like you lost alot, which probably is true. But also i don't see any evidence that Blizzard without any doubt did wrong here. With stuff like VPN's and stuff being a thing its very hard to still use IP address information as definite proof of someone else using you account. I can even logon from everywhere in the world (except China probably) into WoW on my home address IP or logon from my home PC to WoW with a IP adress anywhere in the world.

As for the original question, i don't know actually, i would probably buy a new license and attach that to the same Battle.net account so i dont loose al the battle.net shared items. But on the other hand, loosing a account that is active since EU release would probably come down hard on me also.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-07-27 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

sounds like you got macaronied my dude and it sounds even more like you love sharing this story

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You don't give a shit about any of your mounts or achievements or characters or gear, nothing?

That would put you in the tiniest of minorities.
    Actually, I would like to feel about my account too. It would be real freedom.

snip
    Just go look at TheVaryag's started threads and how the story changes in each one, hell even in some of the longer threads he made his story changes in that thread. It is fucking laughable. Long story short, he got banned for harassing someone in game, then he harassed Blizz non-stop trying to get his acct back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    'Maybe I shouldn't have botted/cheated/been a douchebag?'

Delete as applicable*
    Trust me, you won't get banned for being a douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So someone was on your account, likely the were given the details by you and your account itself (not you the person) got banned.

Well you shouldn't have given away your details and had the account banned.
    Eh..I don't necessarily believe it's always the player's fault. Most times, yes. But I myself have had my wow account hacked exactly ONCE. And it was when I had an authenticator. I immediately got the account back after a short time spent with customer support, since I still had the original CDs and everything. The account had clearly been used for botting and/or some kind of gold trading, since my characters were all naked, and my banks were all cleaned out. There were new characters made on random servers with random names as well.

I don't have any explanation for how it could have been my fault. I lived alone at the time, and didn't share my info with anyone. And I've never had any issues with my account since then, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i'm very attached to my account for all the achievements and mounts i've collected. if they took that away from me i'd be sad but also feel glad to finally let it go.
    yeah, exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So someone was on your account, likely the were given the details by you and your account itself (not you the person) got banned.

Well you shouldn't have given away your details and had the account banned.
    Go check his started forum topics he's started around 10 topics to talk about this each time the story is adjusted to make himself look better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Eh..I don't necessarily believe it's always the player's fault. Most times, yes. But I myself have had my wow account hacked exactly ONCE. And it was when I had an authenticator. I immediately got the account back after a short time spent with customer support, since I still had the original CDs and everything. The account had clearly been used for botting and/or some kind of gold trading, since my characters were all naked, and my banks were all cleaned out. There were new characters made on random servers with random names as well.

I don't have any explanation for how it could have been my fault. I lived alone at the time, and didn't share my info with anyone. And I've never had any issues with my account since then, either.
    Go check the guy he's quoting's started threads he's posted this story many times it keeps changing to make him look better. In the first post he wasn't hacked he was letting his brother use his account and his brother was stalking someone which he knew about because he kept getting warning emails from blizzard about it but never he never revoked his brothers access to the account. But here the story he posted about it in this topic he was out of town and got hacked and found out about it after he came back and saw the emails that he was banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just stop playing.

Distraught from losing all my collections, I don't think it'd be worth going back. Plenty of other things to do anyway.