Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    racist keebler elf and the current bigot in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh, look, racist keebler elf can't discriminate against black people anymore so he's going after the gays.
    How much does Shareblue pay for using their daily list of responses?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post
    When you're a racist and look like a wrinkled Keebler Elf, don't be surprised when individual people make that same basic connection.

But I'm sure you're right, it's just another conspiracy. Soros is paying all 3 of us to insult a government official on a video game website.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post
    Do they pay? Let me know where I can get in on that shit, I'm always down for some extra dollaroonies.

Do they pay? Let me know where I can get in on that shit, I'm always down for some extra dollaroonies.
    Yeah really. If I could get paid for making fun of Turnip on the internet like I already do, that'd be sweeeeeeeeet.

That's probably affect more straight folks than LGBT folks, if you were to just go by volume alone.

Just a FYI.

Also, why do you give a crap what two consenting adults do in their own home?
    Usually to hide their own degenerate nature. Projection and all that.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    In another stunning move showing how entirely, completely, unrepentant, anti-LGBT the Trump administration is, in an appeals court this week, the Justice Department (That had nothing to actually do with the Government, since it was a private company with a dispute with a private individual) decides to declare that the federal civil rights law "does not ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation."

It's okay though, Trump and his administration will be the most LGBT-friendly one ever. Hey, all you disgusting Trump apologists, remember when all of us LGBT people were saying that Trump scared us during the election? And how you kept saying, "Oh it was just Pence, he can't actually do anything?" Yeah.
    Amicus curiae briefs are rather common, this is not really that odd.
    "The sole question here is whether, as a matter of law, Title VII reaches sexual orientation discrimination. It does not, as has been settled for decades. Any efforts to amend Title VII's scope should be directed to Congress rather than the courts," A simple reading of the law does not reference sexual orientation, so it is not an unreasonable position for the government to take. Ultimately it will be up to the courts to decide if the definition of "sex" in Title VII should be expanded to include sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Amicus curiae briefs are rather common, this is not really that odd.
    "The sole question here is whether, as a matter of law, Title VII reaches sexual orientation discrimination. It does not, as has been settled for decades. Any efforts to amend Title VII's scope should be directed to Congress rather than the courts," A simple reading of the law does not reference sexual orientation, so it is not an unreasonable position for the government to take. Ultimately it will be up to the courts to decide if the definition of "sex" in Title VII should be expanded to include sexual orientation.
    Okay. Great. That isn't what happened here. It wasn't even a case where the Federal Government was a defendant or prosecutor.

They came in literally to go, 'btw federal civil rights laws don't count for orientations. bai."

Even with your point that is ultimately only going to be used by people who want to wield the courts against the LGBT community, the fact that they felt the need to come out and say that when they were not involved is just more virtue signalling to the Republican base.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-28 at 12:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's probably affect more straight folks than LGBT folks, if you were to just go by volume alone.

Just a FYI.

Also, why do you give a crap what two consenting adults do in their own home?
    We all know that small government is about making it so small, it fits in your bedroom (and orifices).
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The Joint Chiefs are pushing back. The tweet might not become law after all.
    Crazy people are trying to turn this into mutiny, but... crazy. The DOD may have sounded terse, but they are just speaking of practical reality; the chain of command will need to provide more formal, organized direction to attain the desired result, i.e. what is to be done about those serving, etc. There is a zero percent chance the DOD will refuse to change policy if so ordered. The tweets do not constitute such orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    We all know that small government is about making it so small, it fits in your bedroom (and orifices).
    Pretty sure the only path to government literally in your orifices is socialized medicine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Pretty sure the only path to government literally in your orifices is socialized medicine.
    I mean, if they begin policing sodomy laws... they're going to have to use "kits" on people to prove they had anal sex.

Not that this will happen, too many God-fearing religious Americans like anal sex at this point.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    If only they would make sodomy a crime again.
    You realize women can also be sodomized right? Its actually pretty good too. Just try it, nothing wrong with a trip in the stink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont remember who, but one of the higher-profile political commentators said that as Turnip's administration becomes more and more destabilized, he will start throwing out more and more red meat to his bigoted base trying to hold on to his popularity with them.
    Which sadly is pretty much exactly how dictators work. The more they fall, the more extreme and insane their measures to hold on to power become.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless I'm missing something, this is good no? Slippery slope if the opposite was true. Oh, you got fired from your job? Sue and tell them you're LGBT. /shrug Could be completely missing the point too. Course we don't have the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, this is good no? Slippery slope if the opposite was true. Oh, you got fired from your job? Sue and tell them you're LGBT. /shrug Could be completely missing the point too. Course we don't have the whole story
    It wouldn't protect you in that instance unless you could prove that you were fired for your sexual orientation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Great. That isn't what happened here. It wasn't even a case where the Federal Government was a defendant or prosecutor.

They came in literally to go, 'btw federal civil rights laws don't count for orientations. bai."

Even with your point that is ultimately only going to be used by people who want to wield the courts against the LGBT community, the fact that they felt the need to come out and say that when they were not involved is just more virtue signalling to the Republican base.
    Again, it was an amicus curiae brief, which are common, and by definition filed by non-direct-party entities. Plus, the government is an interested party because they are saying the law the litigant is basing their claim on is not applicable in this case and they do not want the court to set precedent by changing what the meaning of the term "sex" in the law means.

Deleted
    Good, be very afraid.

If this tips off a full confrontation on the issue it will not go well for them.

Sexual orientation will be a protected class soon, it's inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If this tips off a full confrontation on the issue it will not go well for them.

Sexual orientation will be a protected class soon, it's inevitable.
    You know h people cry about too much regulation. It is reasons such as assholes like this who get cute with loopholes so now another law will be needed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Because everyone knows that being religious means that you are the judge of what someone can or cannot do.

Its in the bible. Only man can judge man.
    Actually, it states only God can judge. It's just that with the far right they believe God should serve man, not the other way round.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First the ban, then the armbands, then the camps.

This is how it starts.