Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is *SPOILER* really the Legion endboss?!

Blizzard said at both 2015 and 2016 blizzcons that the endboss of legion would be someone that had a strong presence in the expansion unlike WoD where Archimonde arrived out of nowhere. Also they specifically said it is someone who we have known for a while.

Argus fits exactly the same spot as Archimonde.. No presence at all except being the boss of the last raid. The world soul Argus will also be introduced in 7.3 or maybe even in the raid only. So no relationship with us players at all!

We also have the Afrasiabi quote of 'take him down and find out' (Sargeras) which is kinda misplaced because looking at the 7.3(.5) spoilers nobody is taking him down instead we have a cutscene imprison him.

So what do you guys think? Intentional misinformation by Blizzard again or did they change their 'plans' like in WoD? If its the latter, what do you think made them change their plans (lorewise).

Well Argus has a very strong presence in legion. It is mentioned EVERY FUCKING SENTENCE.

Yes. But we're also Jailing Sargeras in the end. So, ye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well Argus has a very strong presence in legion. It is mentioned EVERY FUCKING SENTENCE.
    The planet, yes but only really starting after the tomb and not in 7.0-7.2.5.

But think about ingame lore and the books. Where was it mentioned that we have a world soul 'in' Argus? Earliest 7.3 storyline, latest 7.3.5 in the actual raid. That's not a strong presence in my opinion. The first time we get to know this Titan, we are going to destroy him.

Fine, I'll confess. It's me. I've been with you every step of the way even when you knew not I was there. I plotted behind your backs, waiting until my moment then... then... I wiped the raid... Mwhahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well he is present on the sky. Thats much more screentime than most bosses get.

All these excuses for more lies kek

7+ Year Old Account
    The whole protecting the planet thing reminds me of final fantasy 7 and the avalanche and what not <.<
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think they switched gears, per se; but I do think they played fast and loose with players' expectations of who/what we would be fighting. Argus has featured prominently in Legion as the homeworld of the Burning Legion, the Eredar, and the Legion-lords - but I think they knew quite well that the understanding the players took from the statement that we were expecting a specific person or personality to be the end-boss, not an all-new entity in the form of Argus the Unmaker that we had no idea even existed prior.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

just like last year's blizzcon when they announced tier 20 which would be designed based off tier 6. Which ends up being just tier 6.

Deleted
    having both statements from blizzard in mind I was expecting something like Garrosh in MoP which was a meaningful buildup throughout the expansion. looking at legion, KJ or even all Dreadlords togethers make more sense..

I'm not sure argus is the last raid.. hell even a 'yogg out of nowhere' style nzoth as last boss is very likely. they also said they wanted to do more smaller raids but there is only helya until now

Maybe 7.4. is the end patch of Legion?

Also fighting Sargeras would be ridiculous. I'm somewhat glad that we aren't going that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    All these excuses for more lies kek
    They're not lies.

Take your jaded WoW hating drivel elsewhere please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They're not lies.

Take your jaded WoW hating drivel elsewhere please.
    The World Soul of Argus had no mention in the lore of anything, even Chronicle until 7.3

Sorry bud, its a lie that he has had a strong presence. The Pantheon? Sure. Sargeras? Sure. The World Soul of Argus? Not even fucking Chronicle mentions it. Jaylock, no trolling, its a lie. The definition of a lie;

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or mistakenly accepted as true: learned his parents had been swindlers and felt his whole childhood had been a lie.

1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.

It literally fits 2 of the 4 total definitions for the word Jaylock.

Deleted
    damn it cant be argus man

Apparently OP missed the draenei that scream "I am of Argus, the mightiest world in all the great dark!" everywhere. We already have the end of the raid leaked, Argus is the end boss.

Argus is the final boss fight, but not the main villain. It's Sargeras, we just don't get to fight him ourselves.

It's me, Austin ! It was me all along, Austin !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Argus is the final boss fight, but not the main villain. It's Sargeras, we just don't get to fight him ourselves.
    Yes but they stated that the boss wouldn't come out of nowhere like Archimonde. This is literally the exact same shit as Archimonde in WoD. The ONLY way this is going to get fixed is if they 180 and go "OH SHIT 7.4 LAST RAID UH 3 BOSSES UHM LAST BOSS IS N'ZOTH SEE BUILDUP"

Nothing in any of the previous patches or stories have led up to Argus the planet. Sargeras would make more sense than Argus the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They are talking about the planet. Are you saying that for the past year you have been expecting that the final boss is a planet? Is that REALLY what you are saying?
    I mean, Argus having a titan world soul is really predictable. I certainly speculated about it in Chronicles, since they made a note of saying Draenor had no World Soul, but didn't mention Argus' status. I assumed we'd either be killing or saving the nascent world soul, so yeah?