Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate her because she isn't real, I also don't play anymore, but if I had to answer why I would hate her, and HATE the idea of her being War chief it has more to do with the fact she didn't fucking earn it.

No no, I didn't play Legion or anything after WoD I have followed the lore as best I can, because I always tried to enjoy that, but even what I have seen she hasn't fucking bleed for the Horde, not really, her story is tragic, I think her potential not only as a WoW Icon and a pretty kick ass female to boot, the problem with her is that wrong or right, she hasn't been distinguished enough, nothing but for her own personal story.

That is blizzards fault, she isn't the worst, Auduin is another, cute cinematic, nice, but I wouldn't trust this kid to manage a parade. he is too young, he has a unique perspective, but he has NO TEETH, and No SCARS.

Some critiques of Sylvannas are going to be unfair for lots of reasons and not all are equal, especially when it has to do with who they don't want her to be, rather than the her place in the story, and not being developed enough, maybe Blizzard will turn her up to 11 now she is War chief.

In her defense though, While I can see people agreeing with my opinion keep in mind, it isn't like I have a better Idea for War Chief because I don't there aren't Blizzard needs to do more with the story than say "Buy the book"

No Blizzard get off your ass and bring it to life, people want to see it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I don't mind her. I just hate how the horde gets a new WC every Xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure those that hate her, hate her regardless of the warchief title.

Note: I just hope to see more of her (and hopefully Voljin too)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Nothing the Alliance has trusted is as bad as trusting a dreadlord.
    You forget the time the person running stormwind turned out to be Onyxia.

I'd also point out that the story seemed to be less of Sylvanas trusting a dreadlord and more trusting that she had the means to compel a dreadlord to act in her favor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Pretty sure those that hate her, hate her regardless of the warchief title.

Note: I just hope to see more of her (and hopefully Voljin too)
    sure, love or hate, 8 or 80, haters x fanboys, there is nothing more or in between

7+ Year Old Account
    I love sylvanas she's the only female left worth loving on horde side.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I hate her in this role first off all because regardless of what Vol'jin says the decision to put the least trusted person in charge of the Horde was moronic at best and Vol'jin even commenting on it just feels like Blizzard admitting that. Secondly, as a Paladin and the new Highlord at that, why the hell do I still have anything to do with the Horde? There is no reason for any Priest or Paladin to follow the Lich Queen. Furthermore, it has destroyed the Horde in a symbolic sort of way. It's always been an Orcish warchief leading the orcish horde, Vol'jin still fit the bill since he was one of the Horde's founding members and had potential to be a more honorable Thrall type character that fit with the Horde's theme. Again, making Sylvanas warchief was absolutely retarded, off the top of my head I can immediately name Baine or Saurfang as a better option.

The other big issue with her as warchief is that now that she's front and center in the Horde rather than having a "rebel faction" within the Horde that's causing problems, if Sylvanas does something really blatantly evil and the world comes to stomp her it will just be Siege of Orgrimmar all over again.
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2017-07-28 at 02:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I love sylvanas she's the only female left worth loving on horde side.
    Aren't you forgetting about sexy liadrin or whatever and pretty much any voiced female blood elf they meet your critera dont they

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I hate her in this role first off all because regardless of what Vol'jin says the decision to put the least trusted person in charge of the Horde was moronic at best and Vol'jin even commenting on it just feels like Blizzard admitting that. Secondly, as a Paladin and the new Highlord at that, why the hell do I still have anything to do with the Horde? There is no reason for any Priest or Paladin to follow the Lich Queen. Furthermore, it has destroyed the Horde in a symbolic sort of way. It's always been an Orcish warchief leading the orcish horde, Vol'jin still fit the bill since he was one of the Horde's founding members and had potential to be a more honorable Thrall type character that fit with the Horde's theme. Again, making Sylvanas warchief was absolutely retarded, off the top of my head I can immediately name Baine or Saurfang as a better option.
    first of all, lel.

second. Saurfang has been on his deathbed for years, same with Drek'thar. Baine would spread himself for the Allliance, something even Vol'jin points out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    first of all, lel.

second. Saurfang has been on his deathbed for years, same with Drek'thar. Baine would spread himself for the Allliance, something even Vol'jin points out.
    People have said that Saurfang is too old for years and yet you'll find him leading the Orcs from Grommash Hold as their defacto racial leader so he doesn't seem out of the question to me, especially since people have wanted it for a while as well.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    People have said that Saurfang is too old for years and yet you'll find him leading the Orcs from Grommash Hold as their defacto racial leader so he doesn't seem out of the question to me, especially since people have wanted it for a while as well.
    Theres a difference between sitting in a throne and being a mobile Warchief. People wanting something doesn't automatically make it a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I hate her in this role first off all because regardless of what Vol'jin says the decision to put the least trusted person in charge of the Horde was moronic at best and Vol'jin even commenting on it just feels like Blizzard admitting that.
    It's more like the fact that he knew it would have looked like a weird decision for anyone who didn't share the insight he got.

Vol'jin still fit the bill since he was one of the Horde's founding members and had potential to be a more honorable Thrall type character that fit with the Horde's theme.
    The actual reason Vol'jin worked on paper is because he was the exact joining link between the traditional and "honorable" Horde and the "lurking in the shadows" type of theme carried forward by Sylvanas. He resided right in the middle of the road and represented the nature of the Horde in a more complete way than pretty much any other. And that's kind the reason for why he served well as first Horde character to change his mind on Sylvanas and consequently propelling her story a step forward (and maybe his own as well, assuming Blizzard hasn't entirely gone full retard).

Theres a difference between sitting in a throne and being a mobile Warchief. People wanting something doesn't automatically make it a good idea.
    Saurfang looks way too unstable in my book, he clearly never got over the loss of his son and seems to hold dangerous suicidal tendencies. If he was the one in charge of the Broken Shore battle instead of Vol'jin and Sylvanas the Horde would have been a thing of the past now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, it proved he was loyal only to her and not to the legion.

Yes, unintended.
    There's a difference between the implied mindcontrol and zombies that go psycho and get put to death.
    Except Varimathras wasn't loyal to her......... So how did that prove his loyalty? All it did was literally show Slyvanus with her own eyes how easily Varimathras would betray his ally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You forget the time the person running stormwind turned out to be Onyxia.

I'd also point out that the story seemed to be less of Sylvanas trusting a dreadlord and more trusting that she had the means to compel a dreadlord to act in her favor.
    Onyxia had to be in a disguise though. Varimathras was recruited after betraying his former ally. He wasn't in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Vol'jin is definitely coming back. There are just too many hints.

But the fact that we change the Warchief every 2 expansions makes it look like a joke.
    If you look at the history Thrall was actually the exception, not the rule. Blackhand ruled during most of the First War, was assassinated. Doomhammer finished the First War and ruled in the Second, the Horde was defeated. Thrall's long, stable rule was actually the outlier. Then Garrosh, Vol'jin, and now Sylvanas return to the normal pattern.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you forgetting about sexy liadrin or whatever and pretty much any voiced female blood elf they meet your critera dont they

- - - Updated - - -

first of all, lel.

shes okay too but liadrin isn't got that midriff like sylvanas <.<
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Except Varimathras wasn't loyal to her......... So how did that prove his loyalty? All it did was literally show Slyvanus with her own eyes how easily Varimathras would betray his ally.
    Wait, who is Slyvanus, and when did Varimathras serve him/her/it?

Deleted
    Are we now pretending she isn't scheming something in the background?
    I doubt she is up to good...

Deleted
    Not just Sylvanas, the entire Horde is disappointing ever since Garrosh was removed as Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Not just Sylvanas, the entire Horde is disappointing ever since Garrosh was removed as Warchief.
    I would have thought for some people it would have been earlier when Thrall removed himself as Warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I would have thought for some people it would have been earlier when Thrall removed himself as Warchief.
    I can understand that viewpoint too, it really depends on liking Garrosh or not I guess.

I personally liked the Horde actually being a brutal HORDE again, as it was in Warcraft 1 & 2 and not some flower picking bunch led by an Orc raised by Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    Ok so as the title says. I HATE this change to her character. I really liked Sylvanas when she was plotting behind the scenes and I felt it made her a interesting character. But her as warchief makes me so mad why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing. I really hope the theory of her being behind the whole thing is true : /. but yeah what do you all think I personally hope that voljin comes back somehow or someone else takes over I hate the idea of the forsaken being the front of the horde.
    I hate whiners who constantly complain about one of the few characters that Blizzard actually makes interesting more. What change to her character are you even referring to? From the fucking get go she has been a scheming manipulative psycho.

Remember the quest in vanilla where you help them the Forsaken use an experimental plague on a tauren? It's been there from the beginning. That's her character. I really don't understand why you want squeaky clean heroes. So boring - roll Alliance, you can be bored to death by Anduin.