Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    And now once again, another losing streak (3 in a row). Tried to crawl back, and the game said
    NOPE, and thus from 2200+ back to 2000+
    It happens. I fell from 2300-1800. Worst losing streak I've ever had. Luckily, been holding between 2400-2500 lately, but as soon as I hit 2500 I seem to get people that pick characters they have almost no time on or just aren't that good with them.
    Hell, just played one of my best games ever as 76, leading in elims and damage by a decent margin, team complains we have no 2nd healer. I end up swapping, we get 2 ticks, and the round ends. Next round, I'm suddenly solo healing, asking my team to help me out because I'm running/flying everywhere as Mercy trying to avoid the monkey and flying squirrel that's chasing my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It happens. I fell from 2300-1800. Worst losing streak I've ever had. Luckily, been holding between 2400-2500 lately, but as soon as I hit 2500 I seem to get people that pick characters they have almost no time on or just aren't that good with them.
    Hell, just played one of my best games ever as 76, leading in elims and damage by a decent margin, team complains we have no 2nd healer. I end up swapping, we get 2 ticks, and the round ends. Next round, I'm suddenly solo healing, asking my team to help me out because I'm running/flying everywhere as Mercy trying to avoid the monkey and flying squirrel that's chasing my ass.
    In my case, it happens far too much. Like its straight up bizarre the level of bad fucking luck I have with this MM.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-07-28 at 04:53 AM.

Bit disappointing that the developers kept the max damage of Rocket Punch as high as it is. These annoying 1-shot abilities (with the exception of headshots) need to go since you really can't counter or defend yourself from this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Bit disappointing that the developers kept the max damage of Rocket Punch as high as it is. These annoying 1-shot abilities (with the exception of headshots) need to go since you really can't counter or defend yourself from this crap.
    Of course you can. Don't put yourself in a targetable position in the first place. If you did, you already made a fatal mistake, and that's why you died. It's not functionally different from walking into Widowmaker's line of fire and getting headshot.

Especially since Rocket Punch is ONLY one-shot capable IF they charge it significantly (which takes time and you can hear it), AND you get knocked into a wall by it (so not jut in range/LOS, but placed poorly relative to architecture to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Of course you can. Don't put yourself in a targetable position in the first place. If you did, you already made a fatal mistake, and that's why you died. It's not functionally different from walking into Widowmaker's line of fire and getting headshot.

Especially since Rocket Punch is ONLY one-shot capable IF they charge it significantly (which takes time and you can hear it), AND you get knocked into a wall by it (so not jut in range/LOS, but placed poorly relative to architecture to boot).
    It's not just rocket punch but also scatter shot for example, it's unnecessary in both cases no mater how much ''bad play or luck is involved''. Blizz nerfed the hook combo for a reason.

Plus the charge time is hardly a problem in this case especially at choke points with limited space.

Tried out Mccree since the update...He just doesn't feel right. It takes a lot more time to shoot after a flashbang than before.

Nvm... seems intended when you have no cooldown on flashbang. Didn't have this issue on qp. Graphisms changed though, game feels more detailed...Brain is confused.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2017-07-28 at 07:30 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's shit loads of one shot abilities in OW, even more comboes that kill you so quickly that they might as well be one shots: they're not going anywhere. Hook, which can still functionally OHK most heroes wasn't changed because it was a one shot, it was changed because the combination of being stunned and pulled out of position just to one shot was "annoying". It shouldn't have been changed for that reason.

I'm pretty sure I listed all the OHKs and 'functional' OHK combos a few pages back, but here they are again.

Doomfist: Rocket Punch.
    Genji: Dragonblade-dash.
    76: Helix Rocket+short burst.
    Reaper: headshots, ult.
    Tracer: Pulse Bomb.
    Bastion: Sentry mode, tank mode.
    Hanzo: Headshot, Scatter.
    Junkrat: RIP-Tire, Concussion Mine+1 grenade hit.
    McCree: High Noon. Flashbang+Headshot/FtH
    Mei: Not strictly a one shot, but you don't get to fight back.
    Widowmaker: Headshot.
    Reinhardt: Charge.
    Roadhog: Hook combo.
    D.Va: Self Destruct.
    Zenyatta: Full charge RMB.

That's half the heroes in the game with some means of dispatching you before you can return fire and retaliate. Bursting people down is in the very fabric of the game. And doesn't even include those with boops who can get environmental kills, which would add Pharah, Lucio and Orisa to the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 out of 10 games had teammates picking Mei and block our spawn because "this team can't win lol gold scrubs". Don't really see any point playing it anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's shit loads of one shot abilities in OW, even more comboes that kill you so quickly that they might as well be one shots: they're not going anywhere. Hook, which can still functionally OHK most heroes wasn't changed because it was a one shot, it was changed because the combination of being stunned and pulled out of position just to one shot was "annoying". It shouldn't have been changed for that reason.

I'm pretty sure I listed all the OHKs and 'functional' OHK combos a few pages back, but here they are again.

Doomfist: Rocket Punch.
    Genji: Dragonblade-dash.
    76: Helix Rocket+short burst.
    Reaper: headshots, ult.
    Tracer: Pulse Bomb.
    Bastion: Sentry mode, tank mode.
    Hanzo: Headshot, Scatter.
    Junkrat: RIP-Tire, Concussion Mine+1 grenade hit.
    McCree: High Noon. Flashbang+Headshot/FtH
    Mei: Not strictly a one shot, but you don't get to fight back.
    Widowmaker: Headshot.
    Reinhardt: Charge.
    Roadhog: Hook combo.
    D.Va: Self Destruct.
    Zenyatta: Full charge RMB.

That's half the heroes in the game with some means of dispatching you before you can return fire and retaliate. Bursting people down is in the very fabric of the game. And doesn't even include those with boops who can get environmental kills, which would add Pharah, Lucio and Orisa to the list.
    Please don't compare a ulti to a regular ability plus half the stuff you mentioned aren't 1-shots.

I specifically mentioned headshots.

Plus as mentioned I disliked for example the scatter arror of Hanzo has well, it's a shitty way to die
    Hook combo is on the radar and it's constantly being adjusted so that Roadhog stops 1-shotting people

Reinhardt charge is a joke really since it puts the entire team at risk

any case regular 1-shot abilities are a shitty way to die which you didn't really refute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I dont think you know what "one shot" means.
    I think you struggle with reading comprehension, Hook itself was never actually a "one shot", although it was "functionally a one shot" because it burst so quickly it gave the player no means of return; very often it needed (and still requires) a melee punch to finish the job. Those are the similar kinds of abilities I listed. I'm comparing like for like, otherwise Hook isn't a one shot, and could and can still be saved with a stun, interrupt or shield from another player; many of those combos I listed don't even give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't compare a ulti to a regular ability plus half the stuff you mentioned aren't 1-shots.

I specifically mentioned headshots.

Plus as mentioned I disliked for example the scatter arror of Hanzo has well, it's a shitty way to die
    Hook combo is on the radar and it's constantly being adjusted so that Roadhog stops 1-shotting people

Reinhardt charge is a joke really since it puts the entire team at risk

any case regular 1-shot abilities are a shitty way to die which you didn't really refute.
    Even disregarding ults, there are still a significant number of heroes in there who can one shot you with regular abilities and ability combinations that finish you every bit as quickly, and with just as little means of return as Hook ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did I mention hook? But here, let me quote you. "There's shit loads of one shot abilities in OW"

Yep, I cant read, lol.
    There are indeed shit loads of one shot abilities in OW. The abilities I listed, I quite clearly stated were 'one shot' or 'functionally one shot...' Again, reading comprehension isn't your strong suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think you struggle with reading comprehension, Hook itself was never actually a "one shot", although it was "functionally a one shot" because it burst so quickly it gave the player no means of return; very often it needed (and still requires) a melee punch to finish the job. Those are the similar kinds of abilities I listed. I'm comparing like for like, otherwise Hook isn't a one shot, and could and can still be saved with a stun, interrupt or shield from another player; many of those combos I listed don't even give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Even disregarding ults, there are still a significant number of heroes in there who can one shot you with regular abilities and ability combinations that finish you every bit as quickly, and with just as little means of return as Hook ever did.
    What are you even arguing? Their is a clear difference between a scatter shot aimed at the legs that 1-shots you and a well executed combination of attacks.

And no those combinations you mentioned aren't as fast since a rocket punch and a scatter arrow is instant, not even bastions attack is instant and it takes at least a second. But I'm not going to argue the difference between these hard hitting combo's.

Hell even a Reinhardt charge is not really a 1-shot since you can defend people from the damage (zarya's shield) or just by killing rein during the charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even arguing? Their is a clear difference between a scatter shot aimed at the legs that 1-shots you and a well executed combination of attacks.

And no those combinations you mentioned aren't as fast since a rocket punch and a scatter arrow is instant, not even bastions attack is instant and it takes at least a second. But I'm not going to argue the difference between these hard hitting combo's.

Hell even a Reinhardt charge is not really a 1-shot since you can defend people from the damage (zarya's shield) or just by killing rein during the charge.
    You said right here:

It's not just rocket punch but also scatter shot for example, it's unnecessary in both cases no mater how much ''bad play or luck is involved''. Blizz nerfed the hook combo for a reason.

Plus the charge time is hardly a problem in this case especially at choke points with limited space.
    Roadhog's Hook could be blocked by a Zarya bubble, you defend Reinhardt's charge because it can be defended by Zarya's bubble. While complaining about Doomfist's Rocket Punch which can be saved by a Zarya bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

You are kind of funny. I just quoted you and then you went on some rambling rant about hook.
    You quoted me with a statement which was abundantly clear that you hadn't read my post, or the post I was quoting, or the context in which either were made.

My games are going ok I cant seem to get above 2500 rating. But then again I cant communicate with my team cos I have been silenced for toxic behaviour... apparently playing any other character that others seem wrong is now classed as toxic. Asked for proof from blizzard about said "toxic" behaviour and they said they wont show me the evidence just said I got reports which essentially comes down to personal opinion.

That's right folks personal opinion will now get u silenced no evidence required report away no reasons needed just need to log enough reports. Being silenced now just makes it worse for my my team as I cant communicate for call outs clap clap blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    My games are going ok I cant seem to get above 2500 rating. But then again I cant communicate with my team cos I have been silenced for toxic behaviour... apparently playing any other character that others seem wrong is now classed as toxic. Asked for proof from blizzard about said "toxic" behaviour and they said they wont show me the evidence just said I got reports which essentially comes down to personal opinion.

That's right folks personal opinion will now get u silenced no evidence required report away no reasons needed just need to log enough reports. Being silenced now just makes it worse for my my team as I cant communicate for call outs clap clap blizzard
    You don't even know why you were silenced and are just jumping to the conclusion that it is because you played off meta characters. You don't get silenced for playing what character you want to play. Silenced is punishment for chat offenses. Now you are thinking, "But I didn't do anything reportable in chat." But look at it from this perspective, you may have said something in chat you didn't find offensive but enough other people did so they reported you.

Stuff that falls in this category includes comments like, "That's gay.", "Don't be a dick." Or "Calm your tits." Maybe you say "Fuck" a lot in casual conversation. "I was fuckin shooting fucking Doomfist and he fuckin leaped the fuck away."

some people play with their kids and they want a clean environment. Some people don't respond well to gay being used to say bad or sucks. You are in mixed company so you need to behave like you are in mixed company.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

BAck to my losing streak. Games start decent enough, but then the enemy swaps to counter our team, we get held, everyone on my team refuses to swap to counter. Usually I'm playing 2nd tank or support, so I end up swapping to counter something. Even if we get the first point and push a ways, people complain that we now only have 1 tank or support. I swap back when I get tired of hearing it, just to never push again.
    Also seem to be getting games where the enemy team is highly organized and mine are acting like it's the first time they've ever played the game. Teams that don't hold the choke, but instead run off to a flank position, or on KotH I'll be sitting in point and my team goes off to one side of their spawn and instantly die. People trickling in trying to be heroes and 1v6 the team.
    Some people are so set on the 2/2/2 Meta, that if you don't strictly adhere to it they act like you are trolling and/or stop playing or make picks for characters they never use and are terrible with, the "I'll show him" mentality.
    Can't ever play Zarya, barely ever get to play Winston. Watch enemy teams actually heal their tanks while on my team people are damge boosting Zen while I die in a team fight.
    Just getting sickening, might have to call it for the season if it keeps up.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-07-28 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You don't even know why you were silenced and are just jumping to the conclusion that it is because you played off meta characters. You don't get silenced for playing what character you want to play. Silenced is punishment for chat offenses. Now you are thinking, "But I didn't do anything reportable in chat." But look at it from this perspective, you may have said something in chat you didn't find offensive but enough other people did so they reported you.

Stuff that falls in this category includes comments like, "That's gay.", "Don't be a dick." Or "Calm your tits." Maybe you say "Fuck" a lot in casual conversation. "I was fuckin shooting fucking Doomfist and he fuckin leaped the fuck away."

some people play with their kids and they want a clean environment. Some people don't respond well to gay being used to say bad or sucks. You are in mixed company so you need to behave like you are in mixed company.
    Yeh I had another message from gm said I used "fuck" and "cunt" too many times. Guess there is no maturity filter in this game. There is so much swearing in game I thought it was normal I'm now going to report everyone who swears now

Yeh I had another message from gm said I used "fuck" and "cunt" too many times. Guess there is no maturity filter in this game. There is so much swearing in game I thought it was normal I'm now going to report everyone who swears now
    Come talk to me when you enjoy playing overwtach with your 14 year old daughter and some adult male calls her a cunt for not getting off Widow and she carries on Widow. Ultimately you are in mixed company. If I know my team consists of my friends I will talk any way I please but I don't stand in a room full of strangers and start swearing.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-29 at 12:11 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Your games are much different than mine are. I'm usually the only one I've ever seen swear and that's so infrequent I do it roughly 1 of every 50 games.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I played 8 comp games last night and not one problem. No leavers, no one bitching about the sym on our team and no 23 year old calling my 14 year old daughter a cunt for not switching to what he wanted her to play. Things are looking up.
    You're doing comp with your 14 yr old daughter? Either she's really good or you're really bad. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.