Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is there any voice or text lines released for the Argus fight ? The RP before the fight or something ?
    Because so far we don't even know what he is exactly.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Is there any voice or text lines released for the Argus fight ? The RP before the fight or something ?
    Because so far we don't even know what he is exactly.
    There are a fuck ton a Voice files, related to Both Argus, And Sargeras.

Apparently, Argus is the tortured World-soul, of the Argus planet. Meaning, Argus is a Titan. He's being used to speed up the process of a Demons regeneration. So, we take out the Legion's command at Antorus, Defeat Aggramar, Destroy Argus at the Pantheon's Seat Of Power, only to see that Sargeras is ontop of Azeroth, about to destroy it. However, with Deux Ex Machina, and The Sacrifices of Both The Titans, Argus, Our Artifact Power, and Illidan's remaining Relevance, we Seal Sargeras at the Seat of The Pantheon, Permanently.

So, in 1 fucking patch, we Stop the Legion, battle off against Titans, while also Killing a Titan, only to be a main factor in Sealing away the second/third strongest being in the fucking Universe (With Azeroth/The Void Lords being ahead).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well he is present on the sky. Thats much more screentime than most bosses get.
    Pretty much this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Maybe 7.4. is the end patch of Legion?

Also fighting Sargeras would be ridiculous. I'm somewhat glad that we aren't going that way.
    Yeah, but we're also going to play a Factor in sealing him away. Isn't that why we gained all of that AP? Ya know? To use it AGAINST the Enemy? Eh? Gonna use it ALL on The Dark Titan, and his Prison? Hmm? N..no? Okay.

Deleted
    Maybe they had Kil'Jaeden in mind as the last boss when the first statement was made.

Many classes, and especially Demon Hunters, had a lot of contact with Kil'Jaeden throughout Legion. He was involved in several artifacts directly or indirectly, he's responsible for the Lich King and the scourge and it makses sense that the LK is now active and pissed seeking his revenge, he was the one to send Rakeesh to the Exodar and he himself even showed up twice during the Demon Hunter campaign.

It made a lot of sense for him to be the last boss and judging by Thal'Dranath being scrapped after the reveal of the expansion I believe that the whole "story" was already written, artifact and Class Hall quests, and they couldn't simply scrap everything for the sake of 7.3 so they simply stuck it together with the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    Maybe they had Kil'Jaeden in mind as the last boss when the first statement was made.

Many classes, and especially Demon Hunters, had a lot of contact with Kil'Jaeden throughout Legion. He was involved in several artifacts directly or indirectly, he's responsible for the Lich King and the scourge and it makses sense that the LK is now active and pissed seeking his revenge, he was the one to send Rakeesh to the Exodar and he himself even showed up twice during the Demon Hunter campaign.

It made a lot of sense for him to be the last boss and judging by Thal'Dranath being scrapped after the reveal of the expansion I believe that the whole "story" was already written, artifact and Class Hall quests, and they couldn't simply scrap everything for the sake of 7.3 so they simply stuck it together with the rest of the expansion.
    We have known that we were going to go to Argus since last years blizzcon though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Having to buy and read the Chronicles, and even then guess AT BEST about not only the status of Argus having a world soul or not, but also that that world soul would be the final boss of the expansion.

This is what you call having a strong presence throughout the entire expansion?

Wotlk is a good example of what a strong presence feels like from the final boss of the expansion
    Cataclysm also is a good example, to a lesser extend. Since MoP though Blizz has not continued or revisited this trend.
    MoP didn't have a strong presence of the final boss?

Garrosh starts the conflict by sending horde forces to TAKE OVER Pandaria. Meanwhile the Alliance send troops to find and rescue Prince Anduin. The AvH conflict awaken and strength the sha, creatures created from the death of Y'shaarj. All the chaos leads to Garrosh learning of a mogu artifact that has the power to "control" the sha [the divine bell], however that plan went south thanks to Anduin.

Meanwhile we learn of Y'shaarj's presence throughout lore books for the lorewalkers and from the Klaxxi. Garrosh then sends Goblins to find any powerful artifacts on Pandaria, leading to them finding the Heart of Y'shaarj.

So far, it has only really being TBC and WoD that we have little to no presence of the final boss from the start of the expansion. Most of Outland was hyping up Illidan, who was knocked off in the first major patch, and it was in that patch that blizzard set the stage for 2.4 with Kael'thas basically explaining his plan to use the sunwell to bring Kil'jaeden to Azeroth. With WoD, Archimonde was leading the legion forces but we only really saw that through a toy.

Having to buy and read the Chronicles, and even then guess AT BEST about not only the status of Argus having a world soul or not, but also that that world soul would be the final boss of the expansion.

This is what you call having a strong presence throughout the entire expansion?

Wotlk is a good example of what a strong presence feels like from the final boss of the expansion
    Cataclysm also is a good example, to a lesser extend. Since MoP though Blizz has not continued or revisited this trend.
    Okay, if I need to break it down patch by patch for you I will. 7.0, premise of the expansion around a massive portal to Argus above the Tomb, sparks central conflict between Alliance and Horde, and on the Broken Isles. 7.1, portal in Karazhan to Argus, we shut it down and learn more about Medivh's status, who hints about us needing to go to Argus to settle things. 7.1.5, Nighthold, entire premise is Gul'dan opening a portal to Argus to put Sargeras' soul into Illidan's body, Illidan, upon returning, says we must follow him into the abyss (hint: Argus). 7.2, we return to the Tomb to shut the massive portal to Argus, and in the final boss fight, actually go to the skies above Argus, where Illidan opens a portal that puts Argus directly in Azeroth's orbit. 7.3, a patch based entirely on Argus, where we stop the Legion and defeat Argus' world soul.

Not sure how much more obvious you can get. And if we want to go into detail on Sargeras, the real end boss, lore wise, he's been talked about the entire expansion. Hell, he's featured in 7.2's trailer.
    Last edited by Utigarde; 2017-07-28 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They're not lies.

Take your jaded WoW hating drivel elsewhere please.
    Take your constant making shit up that is controversial bullshit, elsewhere, please.

Fucking hypocrits.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

It was Nomi all along.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well Argus has a very strong presence in legion. It is mentioned EVERY FUCKING SENTENCE.
    Ya but everyone was under the impression that Argus' world soul was long dead, as well as the other Titans. So its kind of a far shot that Argus himself is the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Ya but everyone was under the impression that Argus' world soul was long dead, as well as the other Titans. So its kind of a far shot that Argus himself is the last boss.
    Yeah, it's a bunch of conflicting ideas but the most recent stuff gives it intent. Sargeras' entire purpose is to destroy world souls before they get corrupted by the Void Lords but Argus has been harnessed as the nexus that allows burning legion agents to revive in the Twisting Nether.

On the regenerative part, it makes sense as the end boss because the Legion can't persist if Argus is dead no matter what Sargeras' remaining status is.

But why it was kept alive in the first place is poorly explained, it goes against everything Sargeras believes in to keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well Argus has a very strong presence in legion. It is mentioned EVERY FUCKING SENTENCE.
    That's not true. I hadn't heard the word 'argus' until this last patch when i found out that once i killed the last boss there would be a big planet seen everywhere called 'argus'.

I'm missing how this is as out of left field as Archimonde. We fight members of the Pantheon, we fight Argus, and we stop Sargeras. Essentially we stop the guy who has been the enemy since day one. Do we fight him directly? Do I care that Argus the Unmaker is the last battle, not really. Better than a spine or madness of Deathwing fight.

I think the quote is a little misinterpreted as well, Sargeras is the big end boss and we do stop him. We just don't raid battle him.

Either way, this isn't an out and out lie, it just didn't come about how you wanted it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I'm missing how this is as out of left field as Archimonde. We fight members of the Pantheon, we fight Argus, and we stop Sargeras. Essentially we stop the guy who has been the enemy since day one. Do we fight him directly? Do I care that Argus the Unmaker is the last battle, not really. Better than a spine or madness of Deathwing fight.

I think the quote is a little misinterpreted as well, Sargeras is the big end boss and we do stop him. We just don't raid battle him.

Either way, this isn't an out and out lie, it just didn't come about how you wanted it too.
    ^

This. Overall, i'm happy that we're going to Jail. We're not at Sargeras lvl. Or, at least, not just yet. Apparently, in Ion's mind, we're just Above the Tiers of Varian, and Thrall during their primes.

So, yeah.

Meh, I would argue that in MoP it was unclear how the story was going to turn out until SoO got leaked/datamined. Garrosh was an antagonist to be sure, but he wasn't doing anything he hadn't already been set to due during Cataclysm when they really tried to bring back that alliance vs horde feeling about the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Your mental gymnastics don't entertain me very well. To argue that the world soul Argus had a strong presence during the ENTIRETY of the expansion (such as the wotlk and cata references I gave) is asinine at best. I did no quests where I saw the world soul from Argus come out and threaten us or anything. Hell, about 75% of the player base TO THIS DAY has no idea that Argus is the final boss because the majority of the players don't frequent datamining forums or go to the ptr. They simply has no idea that he exists. How can you possibly argue otherwise. If Sargeras had been selected as the 'final boss' then you would have a point since he is the established leader of the burning legion.

But to go ''oh hey btw, Sarggy made this world soul to try and kill us all'' is quite the opposite of what the OP is describing. You are repeatedly describing a PLANET. Not an enemy. Again I must ask you if this entire time you had thought that we would be going against an actual planet as the raid boss?
    So, you hated BC's story too? KJ comes out of nowhere in the Sunwell patch. Same with Wrath? Supposed to build up to us killing him and destroying the Scourge, then oops, we die, there must always be a Lich King. How bout Cata? Supposed to be an epic dragon fight that everyone wanted, oops, turns out he can't be destroyed like any other dragon, need to use an artifact and he's a tentacle monster. How about MoP? Supposed to be about fighting the sha and faction conflict, ends with Garrosh and the factions reuniting.

Deleted
    The friggin' thing is responsible for the Legion's shortened respawn-timer...

It probably does that by inserting part of it's essence into every demon under the Legion's command.

So yes; we fought it the whole expansion. :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    just like last year's blizzcon when they announced tier 20 which would be designed based off tier 6. Which ends up being just tier 6.
    Tier 20 normal is a higher definition remake of tier 6.
    Tier 20 heroic is an entirely different color scheme, with the HD remake.
    Tier 20 mythic is an entirely different design, based on tier 6, but for instance, like with priests, the faces are no longer covered, but unleashed, the chains being flung off and light shining out of their eyes and mouths and the helm now has a chain going over it.
    Ferocious Gladiator gear is yet another recolor of the tier 6 HD remake.

I honestly love what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisor View Post
    having both statements from blizzard in mind I was expecting something like Garrosh in MoP which was a meaningful buildup throughout the expansion. looking at legion, KJ or even all Dreadlords togethers make more sense..

I'm not sure argus is the last raid.. hell even a 'yogg out of nowhere' style nzoth as last boss is very likely. they also said they wanted to do more smaller raids but there is only helya until now
    All Dreadlords together? Please do me a favor and think about suggestions before randomly blurting them out. That's silly and you know it. As an END boss. No. As a boss leading up to an end boss, a team of elite Dreadlords? Sure, absolutely. But what you suggested? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    That's not true. I hadn't heard the word 'argus' until this last patch when i found out that once i killed the last boss there would be a big planet seen everywhere called 'argus'.
    You don't pay attention to quest-text, trailers, or anything, then.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Why are We killing this Argus person? Beacuse hela is corrupted by the legion and we need to stop him from causing more mayhem?
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's me, Austin ! It was me all along, Austin !
    haha, Good Ol' Vinny Mac

They are talking about the planet. Are you saying that for the past year you have been expecting that the final boss is a planet? Is that REALLY what you are saying?
    I suspected it... the quests where Azeroth is named as i titan gave it away. I knew for sure the moment i saw the Argus skybox.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    I think the Argus raid will be the final raid of the expansion, in the same sense that ICC was the final raid of WotLK. But I can also see a last patch with a raid like Ruby Sanctum in WotLK that came after ICC. It was a Dragon raid and can be considered like a preparation or introduction for the next expansion (Cataclysm) which was a Dragon heavy expansion.
    So maybe after the Argus raid we will have a small raid that will thematically introduce the player to what is to be expacted for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Why are We killing this Argus person? Beacuse hela is corrupted by the legion and we need to stop him from causing more mayhem?
    Argus is also a world-soul like Azeroth, an unborn Titan. After the eredar sided with Sargeras he went to work corrupting and enslaving Argus. The final raid is basically this enormous device where they drain the life energy from Argus to speed up the regeneration of slain demons in the Legion's armies. That's why we keep getting the same demons coming back over and over again so frequently. It's been hinted that although all demons can reform in the Nether, it used to take a longer period of time before Argus was enslaved. Basically the Legion has a cheat code for a super short res timer no matter how many times they die, and we want to disable it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.