Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Soo.. Method didn't skip last reset and they only killed 5/9M and couldn't get past Mistress. Whats happening?
    We had several people going into vacation or some other real life obligations. Thats why we decided to kill the first 5 bosses and be done for the week. We didn't even attempt to kill Mistress Sassz'ine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofimaster View Post
    Last phase is by far the easiest one, they had around 10 pulls on it and already at 8%
    There's nothing too hard to learn, it should be down in about 5 more GOOD p3 pulls.
    Thats mainly because of this weeks nerfs. Obviously, before the phase was also not the hardest mechanically but starting with 5 obelisks instead of 3 really helps. You end up now with around 7 obelisks instead of 9. Finding save spots even later into the phase is pretty easy now. 5% health reduction also made it really easy to beat the enrage, which helps as well.
    Last edited by Deepshades; 2017-07-28 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Going through my post history is a nice daily dose of cringe cheers
    Then don't spew out lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone, please be on topic here.

On the topic of what?

The race is over. No one gives a shit about the race for third loser spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    On the topic of what?

The race is over. No one gives a shit about the race for third loser spot.
    I do. I like seeing people scream in relief, as KJ dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    I mean if you really wanna spend your time on that be our guest
    You've spent your time writing 4k+ posts on gaming forum so this is rather dumb comeback tbh You are even more cringy than he is

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to AFK R i guess. This concludes the race with the first "nerfed" kill.

I hope blizzard pulls their shit together with Antorus. 5-6 class stacking is just pure design failure and it devalues the whole race when it comes down to which guilds has 100 more geared alts than the others.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2017-07-28 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linorm View Post
    Nothing too interesting in there. However I totally love the shared lockout idea (on a individual boss basis, not the whole instance obviously). I also don't see what you would loose. Look at these perspectives:
    Group 1: Just clears LFR and looses nothing from a shared lockout, they dont have time or interest in normal anyway.
    Group 2: Just clears a few normal bosses and do the others on LFR difficulty. All they would loose is the loot lockout on LFR for the normal bosses they killed, allowing them to 'skip' a LFR wing if they did those bosses on normal. Seems actually positive because these players are casual and dont like feeling forced clearing all LFR wings when they allready cleared those bosses on normal.
    Group 3: Clears a few heroic bosses and does the one they cant kill on normal. Once again, nothing lost here. Instead of feeling forced to clear everything on normal a raid leader can simply say 'okay guys, we're gonna stop progressing heroic for this week, I'm switching the difficulty to normal so we can clear the remaining bosses quickly'. Or he can say 'Okay guys, thanks for the heroic raids this week, feel free to pug the remaining bosses on normal difficulty'. Once again nothing lost.
    Group 4: Same as group 3 but then with a few mythic bosses and clearing the others on heroic.

The only thing players would loose is a second/3rd/4th chance on certain items. This can however easily be compensated for by some tuning of the loot (increase loot gained) and the roll system (allowing people to target certain items to get multiple chances on a certain item). Outside this I really dont see any downside and it would seriously help in reducing the burn-out from clearing multiple difficulties. Overall I see this as a very good idea. For anyone who really wants to play more there is always M+ which offers infinite chances on loot.

You come at it in all scenarios of starting in a higher difficulty then going down to lower as required.

If a group clears in normal they're blocked from trying a harder difficulty until the next week.

I don't really see a benefit in imposing restrictions because a minority burn themselves out. People should be capable of deciding for themselves what playstyle is appropriate for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    5 rogues. lol. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    6 druids kek
    Rogue = 1 role, Druid = 4 roles

kek lul whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    You come at it in all scenarios of starting in a higher difficulty then going down to lower as required.

If a group clears in normal they're blocked from trying a harder difficulty until the next week.

I don't really see a benefit in imposing restrictions because a minority burn themselves out. People should be capable of deciding for themselves what playstyle is appropriate for them.
    This is how it worked up until WoD and it was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Others would no doubt agree and disagree, the ratio of which matters more than individuals.

I fail to see how a per-boss lockout would negatively impact the majority of players, but it's fairly obvious how it's detrimental to any form of mythic raiding competition as well as M+. It's the same way not having TF above 10 ilvls wouldn't negatively impact the majority of players, but has a large detrimental effect to competition.

Intentionally causing harm to the game for some players for no actual benefit to others seems like it's purely spiteful. I'm going to guess you're not good enough to do the hard content and so you don't think those people should be considered at all when designing the game, because anyone who does anything in a way that isn't just like how you does it is doing it wrong and Blizzard should instead design everything just for you.

You could have the game be exactly what you want by just delaying your gameplay by 1 expansion. Everything is trivial just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post

Not really, say you're really close to clear one difficulty you could extend the lockout, clear the last boss on that difficulty and then continue progressing on the next difficulty. As I said, I want a per-boss lockout, not an instance wide one.

In general however, with this system in place you would obviously never start with an easier level if you are capable of doing a higher level. You would start with the the difficulty thats applicable to your level and then tune down if needed towards the end of the week. This even has the extra benefit of players being able to progress bosses on their intended difficulty instead of racing through normal when your level of play is clearly higher and then being bored by the time they reach these bosses on their intended difficulty because they already killed them multiple times.

Also, you're stating as fact that it's only a minority of people that burn out from content. However I would like to doubt that statement. Everywhere around me I see clear signs of a huge part of the playerbase burning out of content only a few weeks/months after it's released. So I would like to ask you where you got the idea from that only a small minority of the playerbase is burning out from content?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I fail to see how a per-boss lockout would negatively impact the majority of players, but it's fairly obvious how it's detrimental to any form of mythic raiding competition as well as M+. It's the same way not having TF above 10 ilvls wouldn't negatively impact the majority of players, but has a large detrimental effect to competition.
    per boss lockout across difficulties is retarded without sharing lockout in the first place, you would lose the flexibility of being able to clear heroic (or normal) before progressing the harder difficulty, BUT you would also need to reclear whole lower difficulty, including bosses youre not eligible to loot anymore after you finish your progress just to get to the later bosses.

what would make most sense from WF race PoV is shared lockout for heroic and mythic, with switch ala wotlk-mop between difficulties for the first couple of weeks, until the final boss is dead on mythic.

another idea is to limit titanforging to +5 per each week of open mythic difficulty, so first week, you could get heroic loot +5, second +10, third +15 to be on par with mythic difficulty, it would allow bosses to be tuned for appropriate gear levels and not 930s and crazy class stacking for a boss, that drops only 930s..

that said, If changing the gear issues wouldnt be possible at the time, I would just say screw it and balance the raid around the gear levels of the hundreds of normal mythic guilds and not the top X maniac guilds with 7 splitruns each week, they QQ they dont have a challenge if bosses arent superhard and take hundreds of wipes? well fuck them.

the main valid complaint is about the QA and then the numerous hotfixes to bosses to change their mechanics, which is still something I dont get, why the hell did they change, say, Sisters immunity soaking or Mistress DK soaking? I get it "bla bla bla, not how we wanted the encouter to work" fine, but why werent other bosses before treated with the same respect? Say Tichondrius, he clearly WASNT meant to be realiant on tank/class immunity soaking and rather on precise positioning and great raid coordination and we were clearly supposed to pop brads too at proper timings, yet both of these mechanics were cheesed heavily and nothing whatsoever was done. that boss could have been really hard fight if half of his mechanics werent cheesed. Or say Botanist, most guilds went for a strategy, that basically made half of his abilities appear once in the last phase, that clearly wasnt intended either, yet wasnt fixed.

Its this kind of inconsistency that makes me lose patience with Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    per boss lockout across difficulties is retarded without sharing lockout in the first place, you would lose the flexibility of being able to clear heroic (or normal) before progressing the harder difficulty, BUT you would also need to reclear whole lower difficulty, including bosses youre not eligible to loot anymore after you finish your progress just to get to the later bosses.
    The way that'd work is you're locked to the bosses, so it acts as if you've already killed them, so if you enter having done the first 3 bosses and you're the first into the instance, the first 3 bosses are dead, and if you say pugged something random in the instance and you join one, you'd just be ineligible for loot, just like how the lockouts work now for heroic/normal except they'd be exclusive of all other difficulties.

It definitely doesn't have the problem you're saying, but yes, you'd have to do the hardest difficulty you can to get the gear you want.

Locking heroic/mythic together is worse for the vast majority of guilds, when Method and friends do 7 splits, that's like normal guilds doing 7 heroic clears, so if the content is tuned like that, they'd be expecting normal guilds to run heroic many times before even attempting mythic, and the tuning would be stupid if that were the case, if they had per-boss locks, guilds could clear heroic on the first week, then do as much mythic as they can, then finish the rest on heroic, and so on and so forth, gaining gear over time from heroic and what mythic they can farm. That'd significantly limit the power gain top guilds would see in the second and third weeks and make tuning a bit easier, because they could just assume mostly heroic gear on the first few bosses (and tune them to be fairly lenient), all heroic on the mid bosses and tune them reasonably, and some mythic on later bosses with tight tuning so the majority of people who eventually outgear that will be able to do it, while the first guilds will experience the difficulty they want.

Repeated splits and especially in combination with TF is what's making tuning near impossible in this expansion. They should've already just nerfed TF, the next opportunity they have to do it is in the next raid by keeping the TF cap for lower content at 955 while bumping the new one to the mythic ilvl and making mythic gear able to warforge/titanforge (perhaps +10 max) and be top end gear per tuning, which would mostly eliminate previous tiers as relevant for progression.

China did it
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    So Asia> US?

Deleted
    Cool, I was worried some other China guild takes the China first (and the sponsor money, if there is such) and Alpha blows up their gaming house.
    Proper nerd screams too: https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveCallousCrowOneHand
    They even had everyone alive if I see correctly, last night when I was watching there was always around 3 guys dying (usually the same dudes) so they wiped to basically running out of resses.
    Last edited by mmoc48f5c9b6e1; 2017-07-28 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harpdarp View Post
    So Asia> US?
    I guarentee Easy/Limit/Encore/whoever gets US #1 kills the boss in 1/2 the pulls Probably even 1/3rd

its More like 5x Split runs and 1400 pulls and being more pulls than any other 2 guilds who finish in the top 20 world combined..... All Alpha proves is if you raid 7 days a week 12 hours a day even players who are not WF caliber can get a world top 5.

Stars is gonna get China #2 probably later this week and have spent 1/2 the pulls of Alpha. Its just Alpha was able to get 20 players to not do anything but play video games for 7 weeks straight 80 hours a week..
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-07-28 at 12:51 PM.