Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Okay, if I need to break it down patch by patch for you I will. 7.0, premise of the expansion around a massive portal to Argus above the Tomb, sparks central conflict between Alliance and Horde, and on the Broken Isles. 7.1, portal in Karazhan to Argus, we shut it down and learn more about Medivh's status, who hints about us needing to go to Argus to settle things. 7.1.5, Nighthold, entire premise is Gul'dan opening a portal to Argus to put Sargeras' soul into Illidan's body, Illidan, upon returning, says we must follow him into the abyss (hint: Argus). 7.2, we return to the Tomb to shut the massive portal to Argus, and in the final boss fight, actually go to the skies above Argus, where Illidan opens a portal that puts Argus directly in Azeroth's orbit. 7.3, a patch based entirely on Argus, where we stop the Legion and defeat Argus' world soul.

Not sure how much more obvious you can get. And if we want to go into detail on Sargeras, the real end boss, lore wise, he's been talked about the entire expansion. Hell, he's featured in 7.2's trailer.
    Tell me where 7.0 to 7.2.5 tells us about the world soul of Argus?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Again, the lack of knowledge is not the knowledge of lacking. That's one of the first things you learn as archaeological/history major.

It's not like the entire 7.3 isn't explaining the reason and nature of Argus and its importance for the Legion and Sargeras. And it completely fits with "planets with strong Spirit might generate a World Soul" detailed on the Chronicles.

At the end of the day, we are still crushing the Legion once and for all and dealing with the Sargeras problem without underpowering him.

- - - Updated - - -

And we didn't killed Deathwing, it was all the Aspects powers given by the Titan Watchers.
    Where can I read this "chronicle" In-Game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As I said - same case. We could be empowered by Titans/all heroes from Azeroth etc. The point still stands.
    Not the same case. Sargeras killed all the Titans, there is no standing force (besides the Void Lords) that can fight him, even less strike him down.

As he stands, he is the most powerful being in the Great Darkness Beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Where can I read this "chronicle" In-Game?
    It's two physical lore "bibles", not in-game books.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They're not lies.

Take your jaded WoW hating drivel elsewhere please.
    Like you did from Wotlk-MoP? Hmm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    The World Soul of Argus had no mention in the lore of anything, even Chronicle until 7.3

Sorry bud, its a lie that he has had a strong presence. The Pantheon? Sure. Sargeras? Sure. The World Soul of Argus? Not even fucking Chronicle mentions it. Jaylock, no trolling, its a lie. The definition of a lie;

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or mistakenly accepted as true: learned his parents had been swindlers and felt his whole childhood had been a lie.

1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.

It literally fits 2 of the 4 total definitions for the word Jaylock.
    To be fair though, the reason no one knew about the worldsoul of Argus, is that it was a secret/recent discovery.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why? We're going to fight with Titans and we've got one of the strongest weapons in the Azeroth.
    We're not fighting the pantheon itself, just their souls stuck in constructs, similar to the Avatar of Sargeras in ToS. Their original bodies are destroyed (and would be planet-sized just like Sargeras).

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Not the same case. Sargeras killed all the Titans, there is no standing force (besides the Void Lords) that can fight him, even less strike him down.

As he stands, he is the most powerful being in the Great Darkness Beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

It's two physical lore "bibles", not in-game books.
    Soooo I have to buy a book to understand the game I'm playing? I thought that the end boss had a strong presence? We don't even know what the endboss is supposed to be if we don't cash out additional money...

How is that ok again?

Soooo I have to buy a book to understand the game I'm playing? I thought that the end boss had a strong presence? We don't even know what the endboss is supposed to be if we don't cash out additional money...

How is that ok again?
    You don't have to read the to book to understand the game at all, that's fucking hyperbole. You buy the books to better understand the texture of the context in which you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Apparently OP missed the draenei that scream "I am of Argus, the mightiest world in all the great dark!" everywhere. We already have the end of the raid leaked, Argus is the end boss.
    Not only OP, I missed them too. I do recall man'ari eredar screaming such things but quite certainly not a single draenei doing so.

It is nothing like Archimonde. Throughout WoD, the Iron Horde was hyped up as the main villain and then suddenly the last patch threw in the Burning Legion - Archimonde only having only appeared via some toy. We have, throughout Legion, heard about Argus, Sargeras and Titan souls consistently.

I am honestly shocked that people thought Sargeras himself would be the final boss. How do you suppose we were going to fight a being who can cleave planets in half?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    That's not true. I hadn't heard the word 'argus' until this last patch when i found out that once i killed the last boss there would be a big planet seen everywhere called 'argus'.
    Argus has been mentioned since Vanilla, where a subdivision of the Shadow Council known as "The Argus Wake" was doing occult stuff in some zones. Aside from that, ever since TBC we've known that the Draenei homeworld was Argus - pay some attention christ.... And then there's Legion, where every Eredar mob constantly shouts about Argus - HELL you even SAW the thing in the 7.2 trailer.

When we knew Deathwing who unleashed cataclysm upon the Azeroth we were fighting with bears, no one could ever think that we will be ever able to kill him.
    Sargeras is the same case.
    Sargeras is not the same case. Deathwing, while powerful, was a dragon. He was not larger than a planet. If we were to fight Sargeras, we would either have to fight one toe at a time or go all Katamari Damacy on him via some Titan empowerment

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

How is that ok again?
    The End-Boss has a somewhat strong presence, you just don't know about it, until you land on Argus in 7.3.

Did everyone miss that Hakuud of Argus rides with you on the Traveler's Tundra Mount?
    Dude's a draenei, sitting with you while you hustle the Mechagnome for repairs.

I don't get people's sudden shock at Argus when you've literally had evidence of it right on the screen till you get the Yak but even then 25k compared to 125k can deter people. Overall that's 6-7 years of it being there.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-28 at 10:27 AM.

Yeah, they have been saying the same about Grom being the main villain of WoD. Things change, especially things said 1/2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Argus is also a world-soul like Azeroth, an unborn Titan. After the eredar sided with Sargeras he went to work corrupting and enslaving Argus. The final raid is basically this enormous device where they drain the life energy from Argus to speed up the regeneration of slain demons in the Legion's armies. That's why we keep getting the same demons coming back over and over again so frequently. It's been hinted that although all demons can reform in the Nether, it used to take a longer period of time before Argus was enslaved. Basically the Legion has a cheat code for a super short res timer no matter how many times they die, and we want to disable it.
    Wow thanks for explaining that!
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? We're going to fight with Titans and we've got one of the strongest weapons in the Azeroth.
    unlike the other pantheon members he still has his full powered planet form and didnt get captured and tortured for the last 30k years?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-07-28 at 11:53 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They're not lies.

Take your jaded WoW hating drivel elsewhere please.
    Definitely not Jaylock! Be gone imposter.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    ^

This. Overall, i'm happy that we're going to Jail. We're not at Sargeras lvl. Or, at least, not just yet. Apparently, in Ion's mind, we're just Above the Tiers of Varian, and Thrall during their primes.

So, yeah.
    But we are at level of fighting an actual titan. That's a fact now. And all there artifacts were to kill Argus? Still underwhelming. We are able to fight Sargeras here and now. Yes, we are not able to defeat him yet, but to stand for several minutes while imprisonment spell is being finished is an absoule must. Or else we are fooled as hell, teased a lot and deprived of a chance to see what he can do.
    We were not at Deathwing's power level during Cata, but we fought him...in a way. Still, he was killed not by us, but by Aspects and the DS. But it'd extremely underwhelming if he'd only went down in cinematic, how can't people see it?
    And I do still hope it will be so. Because if not - for what reason is the entire battle with Argus is hidden in the Journal? It has never been a secret. And if it's jut him...what point?
    And also, did you see quotes of Argus? Did they seem like quotes of and endboss of the whole LEGION expansion? "Help", "Suffer", "Die", "It ends".
    I'm still sure last phase or two is Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    You don't have to read the to book to understand the game at all, that's fucking hyperbole. You buy the books to better understand the texture of the context in which you play.
    Then go ahead and explain Argus the Unmaker to me using In-Game sources (7.0 to 7.2.5 only).

Oh wait, you can't.

Also, what the heck is a texture of the context?
    Last edited by Karon; 2017-07-28 at 12:22 PM.

Ahem. We're not going to fight actual titans, most likely their spirits or what is left of them. They already gave a good portion of their essences to the dragon aspects and titan keepers.

Also. Powerful weapons aside. Sargeras is huge. Two times bigger than a planet. He can easily squish us and destroy Argus in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The End-Boss has a somewhat strong presence, you just don't know about it, until you land on Argus in 7.3.
    Which contradicts what we were told already. Fucking blizzard retcons its lore before it's even fully released.