Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't hate her, but as an Alliance player through and through, I hate the fact there has literally been no development at all for ANY of the leaders of the horde.

I am sure if you polled a pool of casual people who play wow to name all of the racial leaders for the horde races, they wouldn't have the foggiest (speculation of course).

And now that Khadgar, Illidan and Velen have hogged all the light, its yet another expansion that feels lopsided.

Ill always play Alliance, but Id like to see the other side not just get love, but an equal slice of the pie.

Honestly don't care anymore. Come next exansion, Horde will get a new Warchief. At this point I think Basic Campfire would last longer than any of this new generation of one-terms.

"Hate" is too strong a word.

I don't like her. I don't hate her. Personally, she's the second worst pick possible for warchief (second only to Gallywix). But once the cow's been milked, there's no squirting the milk back to the udder. Good or ill, we're stuck with her, so at least I hope they make her a GOOD warchief. We had a passive warchief that did very little, an asshole warchief that fucked everything up, and a warchief that was in position for less than a year and did quite literally nothing during his tenure. For fucks sakes, is it too much to ask to have a warchief I can be proud of?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Nothing the Alliance has trusted is as bad as trusting a dreadlord. Especially since Slyvanus' test to prove Varimathras' "loyalty" was to order him to backstab his ally. Thus proving that he..... will backstab his ally??? I guess she didn't really think that through.

And the forsaken only recruit free-willed undead into their ranks. They raise both free-willed and mindless undead.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Thos...n%27t_Be_Saved

"The val'kyr raise hundreds of corpses every day. Agatha raised you just a few moments ago. Not all are as lucky as you, however.

Some maintain their free will, but live in constant fear and confusion. They usually run off into the woods, cowering at their own reflections.

Others lose their minds completely, shambling about aimlessly. They often turn to violence, and must be destroyed."
    garithos and his troops were the mindcontrolled bitches of dreadlords, all stormwindian aristocracy were tricked by black dragons, gilnean survivor were follower of a black dragon, human light church are old gods follower. even medivh and aegwynn had part of sargeras. damn, even druids of flame follow old gods.
    from this pow alliance is a lot worse.

and there is a fundamental difference with the mindless raised, sylvanas doesnt use them. or maybe you want bash all azerothian mothers because their offspring can become evil and mad?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Not just Sylvanas, the entire Horde is disappointing ever since Garrosh was removed as Warchief.
    and that is true, even if people hate Garrosh, they liked the Horde, and like to hate him, thats important, because he was badass, impose fear, respect and anger, he was not black and white.

Again, He was the face of the Horde, he match perfectly, way more than thrall era in WoW and vol'jin(Which if it looked more like zul'jin would be ten times better)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidari Tanaslin View Post
    there has been almost zero development of her since taking the mantle of warchief. (other than stormheim) but still it was vague at best.
    there is love-short story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The real question is; is there actually anyone who does NOT hate her?
    * raise my hand *

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    wonderful.
    a sylvanas thread.

now its just a matter of time till someone makes some idiotic statement, gets corrected, and proceeds to make another 50 threads about how amazing or terrible sylvanas is, or how the windrunners should die in a fire or become world leaders.

dark times are upon us.
    and i have just managed to shut-down 2 slyv thread

her plague is unstoppable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Absolutely not.

She is stunning and brave.
    so in which time in wow that aundin would be warchife and sylv would be the high-king

i would like to switch leaders please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I love sylvanas she's the only female left worth loving on horde side.
    no one remember Thura

no one remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and that is true, even if people hate Garrosh, they liked the Horde, and like to hate him, thats important, because he was badass, impose fear, respect and anger, he was not black and white.

Again, He was the face of the Horde, he match perfectly, way more than thrall era in WoW and vol'jin(Which if it looked more like zul'jin would be ten times better)
    Couldn't disagree more. Garrosh was the empitomy of the stereotypical mindless orc horse. Not the rag tag alliance it became in wc3 and Garrosh was a regression to an orc that lives in a pile of its own shit until a battle gets picked. He was the face of cliche and boring old tropes long since beaten to death by fantasy and to top it all of he was a bad version of even that.

Garrosh was an eye rolling disappointment from his introduction with a tiny hope of an arc in wotlk but then they double down on shit in cata and doubled down again in mop. The horde under Garrosh sucked. He was Trump levels of stupidity in terms of leadership.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-07-28 at 01:03 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Hard to hate a decision when she hasn't done anything yet, and neither did the previous one >_>
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glormon View Post
    Hard to hate a decision when she hasn't done anything yet, and neither did the previous one >_>
    she is making love in undercity while we fight the legion
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    she is making love in undercity while we fight the legion
    Pretty sure making chemical love warfare is Lydon's job.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Sylvanas is a good villain... or at least, she will be, once she actually becomes a bonafide villain. At the moment, I classify her as an anti-hero.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pretty sure making chemical love warfare is Lydon's job.
    she borrowed some chemical for her human toys

10+ Year Old Account
    she borrowed some chemical for her human toys
    I was referencing an old quest where im fairly sure Lydon tries to weaponize love and friendship into a chemical weapon.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    I was referencing an old quest where im fairly sure Lydon tries to weaponize love and friendship into a chemical weapon.
    he failed
    because Slyv is Love
    Sylv is waifu

10+ Year Old Account
    he failed
    because Slyv is Love
    Sylv is waifu
    obviously he didnt get meta enough.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Wait, who is Slyvanus, and when did Varimathras serve him/her/it?
    Come on man, don't you feel entertained by the best, funniest joke the Lore section ever saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Are we now pretending she isn't scheming something in the background?
    I doubt she is up to good...
    Well, this is precisely what I meant before.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Remember the quest in vanilla where you help them the Forsaken use an experimental plague on a tauren?
    To be fair, the Tauren was doomed and it's an Apothecary who handled the whole matter from start to finish. It was an exploitation, that fits the Forsaken's cold pragmatism perfectly, but not the most atrocious act ever.

One day we'll see Lydon's Rainbow Plague in action and it will be glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Garrosh was the empitomy of the stereotypical mindless orc horse. Not the rag tag alliance it became in wc3 and Garrosh was a regression to an orc that lives in a pile of its own shit until a battle gets picked. He was the face of cliche and boring old tropes long since beaten to death by fantasy and to top it all of he was a bad version of even that.

Garrosh was an eye rolling disappointment from his introduction with a tiny hope of an arc in wotlk but then they double down on shit in cata and doubled down again in mop. The horde under Garrosh sucked. He was Trump levels of stupidity in terms of leadership.
    well i disagree with everything you say

He was the stereotype of a true orc, brute, honored and war focused, he made the Horde a machine who could stand against the alliance force, in his time the factions were in balance

He preached loyalty and honor above all else. The Garrosh's horde Conquered much more than thrall's Horde.

He was a character you could love and hate, yet understand he was needed, people hate him because he kill caerne, because he call sylvannas bitch, but he blow up theramore, he won battles, take territory made the alliance anger, and people like this, to bad we need a villain, and we was the only choice.

Garrosh horde was the best IMO ( not counting the war3 with thrall)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas was put in charge because the idiot garrosh fanwank collective threw a tantrum over the fact that a non-orc took over the horde.

These same individuals who cared so much about it having to be an orc are oddly enough all quiet now.. Really makes you think
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Sylvanas was put in charge because the idiot garrosh fanwank collective threw a tantrum over the fact that a non-orc took over the horde.

These same individuals who cared so much about it having to be an orc are oddly enough all quiet now.. Really makes you think
    #it_was_all_thrall_mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    Ok so as the title says. I HATE this change to her character. I really liked Sylvanas when she was plotting behind the scenes and I felt it made her a interesting character. But her as warchief makes me so mad why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing. I really hope the theory of her being behind the whole thing is true : /. but yeah what do you all think I personally hope that voljin comes back somehow or someone else takes over I hate the idea of the forsaken being the front of the horde.
    I agree with you that being warchief doesn't really fit her character at all. If you look at that moment though, even without Vol'jin's vision, she was the best choice at that moment.

That being said- she will not be warchief for long (imo). I expect the change to come late in this expac or early in the next (basically at the start).

She is still scheming behind the scenes, just do the horde quests in Stormheim. I feel like those quests capture her personality perfectly.