Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't think that's a bug. You can actually see Azeroth from the Black Temple, so I think it's obvious that you could see Argus from the Outland also.
    That's just a projection through Twisting Nether, propably cast by Illidan. You can't see Azeroth from anywhere else on Outland. Outland isn't even in same plane of existence as Azeroth.

While Azeroth and Argus aren't really anywhere near each other, they currently have gargantuan portal open in their respective skies which makes them visible to eachother. Outland isn't anywhere near them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    While Azeroth and Argus aren't really anywhere near each other, they currently have gargantuan portal open in their respective skies which makes them visible to eachother. Outland isn't anywhere near them.
    I knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's just a projection through Twisting Nether, propably cast by Illidan. You can't see Azeroth from anywhere else on Outland.
    But wasn't sure about this. Thanks for sorting it out for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/644682.jpg
    Talbuks sure did go through a lot of changes.
    I actually found it kind of amazing how much of Draenor's fauna encountered in both TBC and WoD seems to have its origins (or is somehow shared with) fauna on Argus. Talbuks, Mana rays, and Warp stalkers all seem native to Argus.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I actually found it kind of amazing how much of Draenor's fauna encountered in both TBC and WoD seems to have its origins (or is somehow shared with) fauna on Argus. Talbuks, Mana rays, and Warp stalkers all seem native to Argus.
    Makes sense if the Draenei, as they were fleeing, either purposefully or accidentally took these things with them.

During the "escape" flashback, you see a bunch of Talbuk running with the Draenei refugees to the Genedar. You also have the separate, but related, point of origin of Tempest Keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Makes sense if the Draenei, as they were fleeing, either purposefully or accidentally took these things with them.

During the "escape" flashback, you see a bunch of Talbuk running with the Draenei refugees to the Genedar. You also have the separate, but related, point of origin of Tempest Keep.
    Was that a cut-scene in the 7.3 content or earlier? I somehow contrived to miss it or else didn't see it - pretty interesting all in all. The Talbuks and Elekks make sense as herd animals and mounts respectively, but I wonder how Mana Rays and Warp Stalkers would've made the trip. Perhaps wherever they went the Draenei-to-be wanted to be able to recreate a slice of Argus' ecology (which seems to be a point of contention with the Rangari and the Artificers at Shadowmoon Valley in WoD).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Introducing foreign plants and animals into an ecosystem, have the Draenei no shame?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Introducing foreign plants and animals into an ecosystem, have the Draenei no shame?
    Well they were the technologically and culturally superior race on Draenor. Had they not fallen, the Apexis Arakkoa could have been a contender.

Was that a cut-scene in the 7.3 content or earlier? I somehow contrived to miss it or else didn't see it - pretty interesting all in all. The Talbuks and Elekks make sense as herd animals and mounts respectively, but I wonder how Mana Rays and Warp Stalkers would've made the trip. Perhaps wherever they went the Draenei-to-be wanted to be able to recreate a slice of Argus' ecology (which seems to be a point of contention with the Rangari and the Artificers at Shadowmoon Valley in WoD).
    The first thing you do in Mac'aree. You see a flashback of the Draenei fleeing to the Genedar. There are Talbuk running with them toward the ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The first thing you do in Mac'aree. You see a flashback of the Draenei fleeing to the Genedar. There are Talbuk running with them toward the ship.
    Guess I'll have to go re-do it on another character, then. When I did the Mac'Aree quests the PTR server was throwing fits, I probably got disconnected some point before it happened and missed it when I signed back in.

7+ Year Old Account
    they were native from both planets, for real, is the same thing with wolves, native from draenor and azeroth

i don't think outland mana rays are the same things as argus mana rays.

so far, the only animal we've seen that is 100% confirmed to be native to argus that appeared anywhere else is talbuk. warpstalkers are iffy... they could just be nether animals that slip in and out of reality in places of heavy nether or arcane influence. or they could be beasts native to argus. but given the quest in winterspring where there are portals in the old azure dragon cave, and a group of warpstalkers comes out of one, i'd say they're just nether beasts that are native to the nether in some way without being demons.

there's no elekk ghosts that we've seen, and turalyon had to convince the rest of the army of light that they made reliable companions, so they must not be native or the argus survivors would have known about them.

7+ Year Old Account
    outland doesnt even have mana rays, outland has nether rays

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they were native from both planets, for real, is the same thing with wolves, native from draenor and azeroth
    I thought the "wolves" of Draenor were revealed to be the Garn - similar in look but larger and denser in terms of musculature than Azerothian wolves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think outland mana rays are the same things as argus mana rays.

so far, the only animal we've seen that is 100% confirmed to be native to argus that appeared anywhere else is talbuk. warpstalkers are iffy... they could just be nether animals that slip in and out of reality in places of heavy nether or arcane influence. or they could be beasts native to argus. but given the quest in winterspring where there are portals in the old azure dragon cave, and a group of warpstalkers comes out of one, i'd say they're just nether beasts that are native to the nether in some way without being demons.

there's no elekk ghosts that we've seen, and turalyon had to convince the rest of the army of light that they made reliable companions, so they must not be native or the argus survivors would have known about them.
    Elekk seem to be native to Draenor and not Argus, so that's just a mistake on my part. Warp stalkers might also be denizens of the Twisting Nether, which would make sense as they appear to be concentrated on the dimensionally compromised area of Mac'Aree and their presence on Outland is explainable by unstable portals and Outland's presence in the Nether itself. The Mana and Nether rays look pretty similar to me - I'd thought the Outland versions might be transplants from Argus that were corrupted by Outland's upheavals, or just an earlier model's representation. The way they move through the air and react, and having the same wireframe, makes them look fundamentally related.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the "wolves" of Draenor were revealed to be the Garn - similar in look but larger and denser in terms of musculature than Azerothian wolves?
    there are "garns" in azeroth too, the ones the frostwolf clan find when they get banned by Blackhand

and there are normal wolves in Draenor too, you can find some in outland

Also not only wolves, Scorpions are native from both planets, birds, we can make a big list

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    outland doesnt even have mana rays, outland has nether rays
    #nether_rays_are_cooler
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Elekk seem to be native to Draenor and not Argus, so that's just a mistake on my part. Warp stalkers might also be denizens of the Twisting Nether, which would make sense as they appear to be concentrated on the dimensionally compromised area of Mac'Aree and their presence on Outland is explainable by unstable portals and Outland's presence in the Nether itself. The Mana and Nether rays look pretty similar to me - I'd thought the Outland versions might be transplants from Argus that were corrupted by Outland's upheavals, or just an earlier model's representation. The way they move through the air and react, and having the same wireframe, makes them look fundamentally related.
    the wolves are garn, yeah. or worgs is the original name for them i believe.

the mana rays might be the same, but they look too different imo. they have a head with a neck, while the outland variety just has a face on the body. talbuk and elekk mutations look pretty similar to the originals, even argus talbuks look similar to the original, more so than outland talbuks tbh. idk, i feel like they would have made it more clear if that's what they were intended to be.

and i'm totally just guessing with the warpstalkers really. wowpedia says they were native to draenor but were corrupted by the legion, that's likely old lore though. they appear in some many places and usually those places are effected heavily by nether forces or other unstable energies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there are "garns" in azeroth too, the ones the frostwolf clan find when they get banned by Blackhand

and there are normal wolves in Draenor too, you can find some in outland

Also not only wolves, Scorpions are native from both planets, birds, we can make a big list
    the models are different enough that i choose to believe they're a product of convergent evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not too surprising when you consider the stuff you have to deal with in draenei starting zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll have to go re-do it on another character, then. When I did the Mac'Aree quests the PTR server was throwing fits, I probably got disconnected some point before it happened and missed it when I signed back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    #nether_rays_are_cooler
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/638330.jpg
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nether_ray
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You mean the gear that has absolutely no information on it besides the text "kultiras" in the names?
    Yes. Yes I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    --- video link ---
    Ah, I thought it was cut-scene type of deal. I do remember the echo-memories from the opening quests, but I didn't even notice that some of them were Talbuk heading into the Genedar. Definitely a nice inclusion.