10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What better way to explain politics than through a rookie and trial by fire
    Danys idea of Trial by Fire seems like it involves Dragon. Chip off the old block that she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fantasy fights:

Unsullied vs Gold Cloaks

Dothraki vs Wildings -- probably in just a brawl because the Dothraki would wipe the floor with them in a battle.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    lol Darth Sansa, yeah. Missandei probably lifts so bonus points for that.

Dany is season 1 though - holy shit. I'm not one to obsess over celebs but i was like borderline hypnotized

About Sunday - I wonder if D&D got a plot twist ready. What if Jon Snow doesn't take this "bend the knee" business well? Then that whole issue of Varys spilling the beans on Petyr's betrayal.
    The entire season has been posted to reddit if you really want to know what happens.

In regards to Danny, it felt so out of place when she blamed Varys and ordered him to swear loyalty. Like... this dude gave you Dorne and Highgarden allies and you talk in a tone suggesting you want to kill him. He did what he could to survive, not everyone believes in ideals or is handed everything for free.

I was just like, wtf u doing bitch

Dany is season 1 though - holy shit.
    All tan with her leveling gear on... yeah, that was her hottest (when not naked).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    this dude gave you Dorne and Highgarden allies
    lol turns out they were absolute shit allies at this stage. If they never entered the equation until now, you'd have Ser Loras and Prince Oberyn for lead combatants in battle along with full resources. Now, Dorne seems out of the picture with Obara and Nym dead, Ellaria and Tyene captured (and Cersei kills Tyene with a kiss of death in E3) with the untimely demise of Doran lol Flip the script to High Garden, Mace, Marge and Loras are dead, Jaime is about to sack High Garden with Lady Olenna going out like a savage... add in the loss of their half of the Greyjoy fleet and Varys seems out to be a fool. I'm not sure how much Dany knows about Dorne or High Garden, but at this point she will have to think of them as just shit places.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    In regards to Danny, it felt so out of place when she blamed Varys and ordered him to swear loyalty. Like... this dude gave you Dorne and Highgarden allies and you talk in a tone suggesting you want to kill him. He did what he could to survive, not everyone believes in ideals or is handed everything for free.

I was just like, wtf u doing bitch
    He switched side to the Lannister when her father was getting outnumbered. Now that the Lannister are looking outnumbered, he go back to the Targaryen. She just wanted to make sure he was not just trying to be on the winning side. He explained he was fighting for the people and as long as she don't go mad like Aerys II or Cercei, he would fight on her side.

Good leadership to get explanation from famous backstabber so you don't get backstabbed.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    He switched side to the Lannister when her father was getting outnumbered. Now that the Lannister are looking outnumbered, he go back to the Targaryen. She just wanted to make sure he was not just trying to be on the winning side. He explained he was fighting for the people and as long as she don't go mad like Aerys II or Cercei, he would fight on her side.

Good leadership to get explanation from famous backstabber so you don't get backstabbed.
    Outnumbered is a bit of a stretch, She's got 10k infantry or so and 100k mounted archers. Which is literally the cheesiest army you can have but I don't see it as being enough to take the 7 kingdoms.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    lol turns out they were absolute shit allies at this stage. If they never entered the equation until now, you'd have Ser Loras and Prince Oberyn for lead combatants in battle along with full resources. Now, Dorne seems out of the picture with Obara and Nym dead, Ellaria and Tyene captured (and Cersei kills Tyene with a kiss of death in E3) with the untimely demise of Doran lol Flip the script to High Garden, Mace, Marge and Loras are dead, Jaime is about to sack High Garden with Lady Olenna going out like a savage... add in the loss of their half of the Greyjoy fleet and Varys seems out to be a fool. I'm not sure how much Dany knows about Dorne or High Garden, but at this point she will have to think of them as just shit places.
    Yeah, but lets not forget he gathered allies for her before they came out of dumb and easy prey.
    The plan was very good after all. Dorne and Highgarden attack KL in revenge for Ellia and killing off most of Tyrels, while the outsiders attack CR, the home to Lannister house, who are the most hated house at this point, so the blind folk wont be mad about the fact that its unsullied/dothraki who attack.

But oh well now... I guess the KL attack plan is cancelled now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post

She knows too well what her father was. You'd have to be practically as mad as him to stay loyal to him until the end.
    And its certainly not the best show of leadership to do that with Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm being there too. Could talk with him in private like she did with Ollena.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Outnumbered is a bit of a stretch, She's got 10k infantry or so and 100k mounted archers. Which is literally the cheesiest army you can have but I don't see it as being enough to take the 7 kingdoms.
    How is that the cheesiest army you can have? THAT exact army built the largest empire the world has ever known IRL. I mean... that's NOT saying Dany is G man or anything, or that her generals are anywhere close to as talented as G's, but... the army itself is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that the cheesiest army you can have? THAT exact army built the largest empire the world has ever known IRL. I mean... that's NOT saying Dany is G man or anything, or that her generals are anywhere close to as talented as G's, but... the army itself is that.
    Battle of Carrhae 30k Casualties vs 38 casualties. As someone who likes the Total War series of games that's fucking Cheese man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, yes. Some guy George something-or-other started publishing a series of spoilers for the show before they got the chance to air it. Can only imagine he got in a legal dispute over it 'cause he stopped doing it ages ago.
    This may be my favourite post on here in a long while .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I just started the books so I wasn't aware.

Even though Emilia Clarke's weight has been all over the place, in Season 1 she was drop dead gorgeous. She's the only actress that I think looks better in character than IRL though. Her eyebrows are too animated......lol.
    Never could point out why I was so de-charmed from her off show appearances, but I think you nailed it.

She does have some big, extracurricular eyebrows and makes some fugly expressions with them outside of acting.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2017-07-28 at 12:09 PM.

Dothraki are Mongols, yeah, if you take out revolutionary army organisation, psychological warfare and incredible adaptation skills. Dothraki are just savages on horses. Both in books and the show. They are only good at capturing unwalled settlements and taking peasants as slaves, and the only chance they have against organised armies is if the weight of their corpses is enough to overwhelm them. See Three Thousand of Qohor for reference. They didn't even need to wait for the Dothraki to siege the city - which they obviously wouldn't, anyway, since the only thing they can do with wood is a campfire - though I think they'd rather use horse shit for it. Comparing them to Mongols just because both used horse archers is just lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the British Empire the largest world has ever seen? I'm pretty sure they weren't build with Mounted Archers .

But yeah, a solid wall of infantry to protecter mounted archers is pretty god tier in terms of army balance. Throw in some Dragons and whatever boats she has left, and she's in a solid place to take Westeros.

The only problem is she has NO head for tactics... Fingers crossed she'll let Tyrion and the others plan her campaign.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Battle of Carrhae 30k Casualties vs 38 casualties. As someone who likes the Total War series of games that's fucking Cheese man.
    I just call that good old fashioned fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Isn't the British Empire the largest world has ever seen? I'm pretty sure they weren't build with Mounted Archers .

But yeah, a solid wall of infantry to protecter mounted archers is pretty god tier in terms of army balance. Throw in some Dragons and whatever boats she has left, and she's in a solid place to take Westeros.

The only problem is she has NO head for tactics... Fingers crossed she'll let Tyrion and the others plan her campaign.
    With her 3 Westerosi forces looking like they won't be able to help she'll likely find that the attrition of invading Westeros is way to much. I mean sure Westeros has lost a lot of forces but they should have enough to defend against the 110k~ remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Dothraki are Mongols, yeah, if you take out revolutionary army organisation, psychological warfare and incredible adaptation skills. Dothraki are just savages on horses. Both in books and the show. They are only good at capturing unwalled settlements and taking peasants as slaves, and the only chance they have against organised armies is if the weight of their corpses is enough to overwhelm them. See Three Thousand of Qohor for reference. They didn't even need to wait for the Dothraki to siege the city - which they obviously wouldn't, anyway, since the only thing they can do with wood is a campfire - though I think they'd rather use horse shit for it. Comparing them to Mongols just because both used horse archers is just lol.
    Dothraki lack a leader, engineers and generals to fully utilize a nomadic horse archer army to their fullest. Sub, Jelme, Jebe and Muqali didn't have that much trouble seiging, as Genghis wasn't a fool to wipe out every city her took. Dothraki lack that, of course. Dany was smart enough to keep around some people who had knowledge (RIP Selmy), but the actual army doesn't seem to have field generals at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Expansive with the colonies in Australia, South Africa, the Americas, but land mass... kinda would have liked to see how far they would have gotten, had Genghis not died. Pulling back Muqali, Subutai and Jebe saved western europe.

- - - Updated - - -

With her 3 Westerosi forces looking like they won't be able to help she'll likely find that the attrition of invading Westeros is way to much. I mean sure Westeros has lost a lot of forces but they should have enough to defend against the 110k~ remaining.
    Shitty job by the scouts, with Jaime and Euron away, Kings Landing would have been ripe for the taking. Grey Worm taking Castlely Rock so easily... I fear the Unsullied about to get REKT (less that was the force Jaime led to High Garden, of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Very possible. Unless she joins up with Jon and his crew and they assist... Somehow. I do think Dany is going to have a far harder time taking the Seven Kingdoms that she initially expected.

land mass... kinda would have liked to see how far they would have gotten, had Genghis not died. Pulling back Muqali, Subutai and Jebe saved western europe.
    Yeah, it would have expanded a LOT further had Genghis survived, would be interesting to see how that had played out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Very possible. Unless she joins up with Jon and his crew and they assist... Somehow. I do think Dany is going to have a far harder time taking the Seven Kingdoms that she initially expected.

Yeah, it would have expanded a LOT further had Genghis survived, would be interesting to see how that had played out...
    Nah the North won't help, they'd find a new King if Jon tried convincing his men to ride south in the winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

Or Queen.
    Arya!..... but no it'd be Bran if anyone