Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I also seem to remember Trump and his lackeys railing against PC the entire time, or do I happen to remember wrong all of a sudden? It is quite simply not possible for me to fill any of those criteria, when the anti-pc crowd (sure does include you btw) rails against words being any of that. Unless you wish to admit that the anti-pc crowd is the biggest group of offended snowflakes around.

Which will it be then, shoot down your agenda, or blow your own cover? Either is fine with me, when you've talked yourself into that choice.
    What are you talking about? I was simply implying that Teavanna closing had no correlation to the job market being down? Then, i responded to your initial post, which deliberately misinterpreted what i said in order to to try and make me angry, which is the literal definition of trolling.... Not once did i mention trump, or the anti-pc crowd, so i'm not entirely sure what you're getting at...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    What are you talking about? I was simply implying that Teavanna closing had no correlation to the job market being down? Then, i responded to your initial post, which deliberately misinterpreted what i said in order to to try and make me angry, which is the literal definition of trolling.... Not once did i mention trump, or the anti-pc crowd, so i'm not entirely sure what you're getting at...
    You got quite clearly triggered right off when your god king was not mentioned in positive context, hence your first reply. Maybe you should go back to read it, and your reply if you don't see the connection. Playing stupid about it is not working.

Now, will you try logic in the following: How is it possible to try and make someone offended, angry, or anything such, when said person belongs to a group that flat out denies words being any of that. Aka, the anti-pc, aka, the Trump crowd. It's always "offense is taken, not given" "grow thicker skin".

How about it then? Or is it followed only when convenient to said group?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-07-28 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Is this Trump bringing back jobs?

No, this is liberal Jeff Bezos(Owner of Amazon) taking jobs away.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    You got quite clearly triggered right off when your god king was not mentioned in positive context, hence your first reply. Maybe you should go back to read it, and your reply if you don't see the connection. Playing stupid about it is not working.

Now, will you try logic in the following: How is it possible to try and make someone offended, angry, or anything such, when said person belongs to a group that flat out denies words being any of that. Aka, the anti-pc, aka, the Trump crowd. It's always "offense is taken, not given" "grow thicker skin".

How about it then? Or is it followed only when convenient to said group?
    Okay, so a few things here

1) I'm not a Trump supporter, if you've read my post history, i am actually quite critical of him.
    2) How was i triggered? all i did was point out your inaccuracy in your post, and then called you out for trolling, which you were doing.
    3) You seem to be the one triggered, all i did was say that your assertion was wrong, which in fact it is.
    4) I indeed do have thick skin, but i fail to see how that is relevant at all right now, since you came in here spitting inaccuracies in an attempt to get a quick one liner in about someone who was never even mentioned in the OP. Literally no one was talking about Trump, you brought it up, and you got offended by being called out on being ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Since jobs have been growing at record pace, i am sure they'll be able to find employment elsewhere, or even relocated within the Starbucks brand.

Okay, so a few things here

1) I'm not a Trump supporter, if you've read my post history, i am actually quite critical of him.
    2) How was i triggered? all i did was point out your inaccuracy in your post, and then called you out for trolling, which you were doing.
    3) You seem to be the one triggered, all i did was say that your assertion was wrong, which in fact it is.
    4) I indeed do have thick skin, but i fail to see how that is relevant at all right now, since you came in here spitting inaccuracies in an attempt to get a quick one liner in about someone who was never even mentioned in the OP. Literally no one was talking about Trump, you brought it up, and you got offended by being called out on being ignorant.
    I'm not all too interested in reading peoples post history. I go with what I see. When I see someone jumping in to shout about troll post the moment Trump is not mentioned positively, then I do have enough for conclusion. Especially when such "calling out for trolling" is still against the rules. (not to mention it's not your call). You don't figure it makes someone look triggered when they do that right off in the opening? It does, sorry. You can yourself assess the difference between your reply, and the reply post just above yours. To me there's a clear difference there.

Oh, one more thing in the credit of the usual Trump supporters on the forum: even they usually don't go from 0 to 100 like you did. I'll leave it to you to figure out how that made your support or not status look from the start.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-07-28 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Clearly the answer is to work for amazon.

I'm not all too interested in reading peoples post history. I go with what I see. When I see someone jumping in to shout about troll post the moment Trump is not mentioned positively, then I do have enough for conclusion. Especially when such "calling out for trolling" is still against the rules. (not to mention it's not your call). You don't figure it makes someone look triggered when they do that right off in the opening? It does, sorry. You can yourself assess the difference between your reply, and the reply post just above yours. To me there's a clear difference there.

Oh, one more thing in the credit of the usual Trump supporters on the forum: even they usually don't go from 0 to 100 like you did. I'll leave it to you to figure out how that made your support or not status look from the start.
    So, from these post, can we assume you'll go insane if you don't talk about Trump in every thread?

OT: This has been a long time coming. Malls that aren't the megamall in an area are on the way out, as someone else stated. Some places are mostly closed already.

So weird to see completely empty wings.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to beat David's Tea in Canada, tbh

I give this round to lazyrogue

OT: if there are too many malls, some will fail. This seems pretty straight forward to me. Boutiques rely on a higher amount of disposable income in the population around it. I wouldn't pin closings just on the internet as the article does.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

You cant honestly think you'll taken seriously if the first thing you say in a thread is "Is this Trump bringing back jobs?". That's brings literally zero to the conversation, sorry for calling you out for trolling, maybe that brash on my part. Seriously though, i'm pretty sick of hearing about Trump, he really doesn't need to be injected into every single conversation, it just gets annoying.

You cant honestly think you'll taken seriously if the first thing you say in a thread is "Is this Trump bringing back jobs?". That's brings literally zero to the conversation, sorry for calling you out for trolling, maybe that brash on my part. Seriously though, i'm pretty sick of hearing about Trump, he really doesn't need to be injected into every single conversation, it just gets annoying.
    To me it's great comedy. Can you fault me for talking about the comedic value of his promises, and then reading about jobs going poof? And any jobs being added being actually the "Kenyan Muslim Obamas" market still going well. Until the comedy guy screwes it completely, but it'll take some years to show.

And you know, he'll be around for a while, so what else is one to do but enjoy the comedy? I will.

Anyway, you can have my apology too.

I abhor teavanna and I'm glad AF that it's closing, that place gives me autistic episodes.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Malls are failing since folks in America dont have enough cash to spend on luxury like shopping trips to the mall anymore, those trips are part of a long gone era in America they took place before we dismantled the middle class to promote the 1% class at all cost with massive taxcuts etc etc combined with massive cost increases for the middle class basically forcing the middle class to become under class.

Fix the income inequality and we fix this problem as well. make the working and middle class the back bone of the economy that it should be and move away from the gambling economy on Wall street and focus on main street and watch the economy get strong again.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Malls are failing since folks in America dont have enough cash to spend on luxury like shopping trips to the mall anymore, those trips are part of a long gone era in America they took place before we dismantled the middle class to promote the 1% class at all cost with massive taxcuts etc etc combined with massive cost increases for the middle class basically forcing the middle class to become under class.

Fix the income inequality and we fix this problem as well. make the working and middle class the back bone of the economy that it should be and move away from the gambling economy on Wall street and focus on main street and watch the economy get strong again.
    ...........Pretty sure everyone just shops on the internet now, and high end boutique malls are doing quite well. These malls in the middle of nowhere are what are failing. Teavanna was also a shitty shop, with tea you can just buy at Starbucks. Jeff Bezos (Owner of Amazon) isn't one of the richest humans on earth because "people aren't buying anymore", quite the opposite actually.

Will they still be serving Teavanna stuff in starbucks? I'm really partial to the black iced tea lemonade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would agree...the main issue is that malls are failing. Which is to be expected as wealth inequality continues to grow.

Interestingly, Victor Gruen, the architect who designed the first mall, actually conceived malls to basically be complete communities to reduce people from driving all over. So the originally conception would have included housing, libraries, post offices, schools, day cares, and work spaces.
    It's a shame really. I have fond memories of hanging out at malls.

...........Pretty sure everyone just shops on the internet now, and high end boutique malls are doing quite well. These malls in the middle of nowhere are what are failing. Teavanna was also a shitty shop, with tea you can just buy at Starbucks. Jeff Bezos (Owner of Amazon) isn't one of the richest humans on earth because "people aren't buying anymore", quite the opposite actually.
    While that plays a part, it doesn't help that a lot of people come to the mall to just walk around, use the Wi-Fi or just eat something for less than 5 dollars.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    While that plays a part, it doesn't help that a lot of people come to the mall to just walk around, use the Wi-Fi or just eat something for less than 5 dollars.
    Yeah thats true, a lot of malls actually have the issue of simply not diversifying, we have a mall out here that has high end condos, a wegmans, almost 150 different stores, and a ton of services. The nice, big malls will survive due to not being able to buy a lot of the stuff they offer online.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would agree...the main issue is that malls are failing. Which is to be expected as wealth inequality continues to grow.
    Malls are closing due to wealth inequality?

Those evil rich people strike again!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Malls are closing due to wealth inequality?

Those evil rich people strike again!
    Stagnant wages for the consumer class results in lowered levels of demand for businesses, especially middle-class level luxuries like this. It isn't exactly complicated.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady