Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    but instead about the Federal Government clearly forecasting their opinion about LGBT discrimination on a federal level.

According to that chart he's obviously pro-LGBT, he didn't do anything in May or June !

He claimed the firing violated the Civil Rights Act, which, among other things, bans discrimination "because of sex."
    I mean it says right there, he can't be fired because of sex. Specifically, the sex he had with other men.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I mean it says right there, he can't be fired because of sex. Specifically, the sex he had with other men.
    Unfortunately the court is probably going to recognise the distinction between sex the noun and sex the verb.

It's the English language's fault, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The Joint Chiefs are pushing back. The tweet might not become law after all.
    So... who were those "Generals" and "military experts" he was talking to then? Since seemingly neither Pentagon nor the generals want to be involved or enforcing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So... who were those "Generals" and "military experts" he was talking to then?
    Perhaps it was General Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So... who were those "Generals" and "military experts" he was talking to then? Since seemingly neither Pentagon nor the generals want to be involved or enforcing that?
    He just lied.

Like he constantly does.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Concretely, what does this ban mean, how does this ban affect transgender people?

I genuinely not sure. I imagine a young man can still sign up for the military but can't check the box "transgender".
    Trump tweet talked about medical fee, does that mean that transgender are in need of medical treatment paid for by the army healthcare coverage? Like hormonal treatment i would imagine.

Or is it more of a social issue, the dressing and mannerism of transgender military personnel. I'd imagine the dress code be very strict in the military, so it's just about the mannerism.

I'm trying to understand the depth of the issue, it's something i am completely unfamiliar with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I laughed too hard at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean as a gay person, this is the proper reading of the law. What the gay rights movement should want is to have the law amended or extended to cover sexual orientation not to get a spurious precedent that will be challenged and lost. And of course to be very specific about what sexual orientation means.
    Yeah, but no one here wants to recognize that. Remember, gotta keep that narrative going.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    Yeah, but no one here wants to recognize that. Remember, gotta keep that narrative going.
    Or maybe you're missing the point to blindly defend something nobody is even talking about.

Gotta keep your narrative going after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    First the ban, then the armbands, then the camps.

This is how it starts.
    Promise you'll hold your breath.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    In another stunning move showing how entirely, completely, unrepentant, anti-LGBT the Trump administration is, in an appeals court this week, the Justice Department (That had nothing to actually do with the Government, since it was a private company with a dispute with a private individual) decides to declare that the federal civil rights law "does not ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...sbians-n787261

It's okay though, Trump and his administration will be the most LGBT-friendly one ever. Hey, all you disgusting Trump apologists, remember when all of us LGBT people were saying that Trump scared us during the election? And how you kept saying, "Oh it was just Pence, he can't actually do anything?" Yeah.
    I don't mind him ruffling the feathers of angry, hateful LGBT like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I don't mind him ruffling the feathers of angry, hateful LGBT like you.
    How dare folks who are routinely told that they don't deserve equal rights and treatment react negatively towards those that don't view them as equal citizens deserving of equal opportunities and protections.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How dare folks who are routinely told that they don't deserve equal rights and treatment react negatively towards those that don't view them as equal citizens deserving of equal opportunities and protections.
    It's the USA. LGBT have fine amount of rights.

Just folks like OP are always so angry and nasty.

10+ Year Old Account

A "fine amount" of rights doesn't fucking matter. People deserve all of them.

Is "fine" equal? Please clarify.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    A "fine amount" of rights doesn't fucking matter. People deserve all of them.
    Really though, what rights don't they have?

They can vote. They can get married. They can get hired pretty much anywhere.

Are you sure they don't want special treatment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is "fine" equal? Please clarify.
    They are equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can get hired pretty much anywhere.
    You might wanna rethink that one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    You might wanna rethink that one.
    Um, no, they can get hired anywhere.

If they don't, you can't tell me every fcken LGBT group wouldn't jump down the throats of that employer. Shit, it would make national news. CNN would -loooooove- to have a story like that so they can bash on Christianity more.

They would sue for discrimination faster than you can blink.

They are equal.
    This very thread disproves that as Trump, at the urging of conservatives, wants to remove transgender soldiers from the military for reasons completely unrelated to their ability to be combat ready and perform their duties effectively. If they enjoyed actual equality, the only issue for them in the military would be the same issues facing every other service member - their ability to follow orders and do their jobs effectively.