Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Cause they're unnatural and unhealthy. Yes it does give you autism and no it hasn't been discredited, that doctor was right and there's no reason Cleveland should be facing censure when they're right.

I haven't given my kids vaccine, and they're doing just fine.

7 year old boy and a 5 year old boy.

[Infracted - conspiracy theories]
    Yes it has been discredited and no, the doctor was not right. Of course your kids are fine, but only because they are protected by all the other kids who are vaccinated.

Just do the homework, you can read the white papers.

Using the term " crazy conspiracy theorist" doesn't help. It already enforces your bias. Also the term "Conspiracy theory" is a CIA code for diversion, but as the term has been so reinforced in you mind that even it's origins is just a conspiracy theory in your mind.

Unlearn, what you have learned, take off the blinders.

Look into guillain-barré syndrome, vaccinations are made from weakened viruses.
    Last edited by omfgreally; 2017-07-28 at 07:20 PM.

Because lack of connection to the modern day world combined with a bad education can lead people to really stupid conclusions.

It's hard for people who have ready internet access to realize but information and education are things that do not come to people naturally. If you live in a little rural town and have little to no connection with people outside it, idiotic conspiracy theories can run rampant throughout a close-knit community and become accepted facts over time.

Cause they're unnatural and unhealthy. Yes it does give you autism and no it hasn't been discredited, that doctor was right and there's no reason Cleveland should be facing censure when they're right.

The entire theory behind a link between autism and vaccines was so thoroughly discredited that the doctor who published it LOST HIS LICENSE and can never practice medicine again because it was a huge pile of bullshit.

http://healthland.time.com/2010/05/2...loses-license/

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That's both extremely unlikely and also not likely a statement you can make as testing for HPV in men is not where it should be. I can almost promise you someone in your family has HPV. In fact you probably do.
    How typical...
    Unlike your...little promise, I can actually promise you that you don't know a damn thing about my medical history.
    But cancer isn't something that runs in our family.

So either agree with what everyone else is saying or get infracted? Just lock this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Because there is no proof that EVERYONE needs vaccination. Also I have trust issues.
    When you are using a mosquito net in a malaria ridden area you don't use a net with a few holes there and there as that would defeat the whole purpose.

That's essentially what vaccines do for a population. The person inside the net are those who cannot get vaccinated due to compromised immune systems or who have severe allergies to vaccinations and most probably other medications as well. The net in this case is everyone who gets vaccinated, with the holes being those that deliberately refuse to get vaccinated for no sound reason.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    "Do your homework" is conspiracy theory nonsense. If it's so obvious then link the proof.

More textbook conspiracy theory double-speak.

Look into guillain-barré syndrome.
    Vaccines are medication. No one credible has ever made the assertion that vaccines are 100% safe. All medications carry risk. The assertion, however, is that the risk of an extremely rare serious reaction or side effect is not more than the risks of not vaccinating. More people die from aspirin than vaccinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Because lack of connection to the modern day world combined with a bad education can lead people to really stupid conclusions.

It's hard for people who have ready internet access to realize but information and education are things that do not come to people naturally. If you live in a little rural town and have little to no connection with people outside it, idiotic conspiracy theories can run rampant throughout a close-knit community and become accepted facts over time.
    I'd almost be tempted to argue that people in close-knit communities are more likely to get the vaccines than those who simply rely on internet access. The small communities refuse the vaccines, get their "oh shit everyone has measles" moment, and then everyone gets vaccines.

The internet users look around while they doubt the safety/usefulness of vaccines already, find the one or two sites that reinforce their beliefs with bullshit 'evidence' and then don't bother to vaccinate until they are directly affected.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    So either agree with what everyone else is saying or get infracted? Just lock this thread.
    You always take flak when you are over the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How typical...
    Unlike your...little promise, I can actually promise you that you don't know a damn thing about my medical history.
    But cancer isn't something that runs in our family.
    HPV isn't cancer. So...no, you don't know what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Or you could pick a legitimate line of discussion about vaccinations rather than just outright lying and pushing debunked conspiracy garbage.

10+ Year Old Account

Using the term " crazy conspiracy theorist" doesn't help. It already enforces your bias. Also the term "Conspiracy theory" is a CIA code for diversion, but as the term has been so reinforced in you mind that even it's origins is just a conspiracy theory in your mind.

Some, not all. There are both conjugated and unconjugated vaccines. The ones that are called "live-vaccines" have their pathogenicity removed for the average individual but they can revert to their pathogenic form in certain individuals such as those with compromised immune systems.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Holy heck... Andrew Wakefield, the doctor who published the original article correlating vaccines with autism, was struck off the register because he falsified results. He can no longer practice medicine in the UK because of the lies he told. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

To date there has not been one peer reviewed paper that has linked autism and vaccinations, but overwhelming studies and meta studies that say that vaccines do not cause autism.

It's parents like you that allow completely preventable diseases back into our population, and kill kids that can't have vaccines.
    RETH

People don't like being told what to do, is one reason I think. And people think they know better.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    More textbook conspiracy theory double-speak.
    Says the yes man.

You should actually look up guillain-barré yourself. The chance of getting it from the flu itself outweighs the chance of getting it from the vaccine. The chance is so remote any doctor will recommend vaccination without blinking.

Says the yes man.
    Hey look, someone with a pepe avatar saying something ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Holy heck... Andrew Wakefield, the doctor who published the original article correlating vaccines with autism, was struck off the register because he falsified results. He can no longer practice medicine in the UK because of the lies he told. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

To date there has not been one peer reviewed paper that has linked autism and vaccinations, but overwhelming studies and meta studies that say that vaccines do not cause autism.

It's parents like you that allow completely preventable diseases back into our population, and kill kids that can't have vaccines.
    That poster is a troll, don't fall for the obvious bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    People don't like being told what to do, is one reason I think. And people think they know better.
    I think anybody will understand that people do what they think is best for their child. One problem is that the majority of them are mislead/mistaken and put their child at risk. Even worse, they put other kids at risk who can not get vaccines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    You should actually look up guillain-barré yourself. The chance of getting it from the flu itself outweighs the chance of getting it from the vaccine. The chance is so remote any doctor will recommend vaccination without blinking.
    ^This. Guillain-barré has the highest chance of being contracted from Campylobacter Jejuni as far as I'm aware, and that has a fecal-oral route spread contaminated by animal feces, usually in farm workers etc.