Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    Says the yes man.
    Yeah. I actually have degrees and experience in this area. Which, of course, is why you'd love to discredit me and anyone else -- an expert opinion is toxic to conspiracy theory.

Heck, I even stated that vaccines have risks. I'd make a pretty terrible yes man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    So either agree with what everyone else is saying or get infracted? Just lock this thread.
    Because there is no sound reason that you can back up with actual facts that support these ridiculous conspiracy theories that cause actual harm to society and especially our most vulnerable being our children.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    dont worry natural selection will get them eventualy

Because people are stupid. We have had fucking polio and measles come back again because of their stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason flat-earthers have been spun into a tizzy recently. Disinformation taken as fact by the naive and uneducated who would prefer to hear themselves rebut fact in their digital echo chambers than deal with scientific result. Because it's easier and more convenient to fabricate your own facts.

See signature.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    HPV isn't cancer. So...no, you don't know what it is.
    And you don't know much either it seems...(That HPV can lead to cancer I thought was a given, but apparently not)
    But it's obvious that you'd rather spank your inner moppet than have a...how did you phrase it? a "legitimate line of discussion about vaccinations..
    But that's ok too.
    If the argument is only condescension than I suppose that's the only reason that only two states bother to mandate that vaccine anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    Largely agree with this but I have no clue how many willfully stupid people there are. Are we outnumbered?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And you don't know much either it seems...(That HPV can lead to cancer I thought was a given, but apparently not)
    But it's obvious that you'd rather spank your inner moppet than have a...how did you phrase it? a "legitimate line of discussion about vaccinations..
    But that's ok too.
    If the argument is only condescension than I suppose that's the only reason that only two states bother to mandate that vaccine anyway...
    Comic Sans is forbidden.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Because there is no proof that EVERYONE needs vaccination. Also I have trust issues.
    well I know their is proof

but since you claim otherwise you must have proof that tells you otherwise.

why are people flat earthers? because they're idiots who think science is evil and out to make them look stupid.

sadly doing that confirms they are indeed stupid.

It's not fair that natural selection hits their innocent kids. Unfortunately we can't sterilize the parents retroactively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But that's ok too.
    You are the one who made the assertion that no one in your family has HPV. Yes, HPV can lead to cancer and that is why there is a concern and a vaccine. But the misinformation about the prevalence of HPV is enormous, hence my pushback on what appeared to me to be you making a very misleading claim.

Especially because men don't get routinely tested for HPV, so it's a claim you likely don't even have the data to make. And that's always dangerous when we talk about STDs and vaccinations.

When it comes to the vaccines themselves then yes. The HPV vaccine had a lot of problems when it was first developed. Not as many now. The flu vaccine can also be problematic. But they both have their place.

A lot of people think vaccination is a personal choice, when in fact it is not. It is a choice to protect communities from disease.

That it protects an individual most of the time, is a nice side effect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Because there is no proof that EVERYONE needs vaccination. Also I have trust issues.
    this is 100% correct. Vaccinations have some weird thing with big pharma where they get around the FDA testing and can get approved. I don't know all the details, but it is a big issue. Do we need vaccines? Yes. Do we need to inject kids with 90 before they're age 9? NO! We should only be giving them, the ones that are present in our society at that time. THEY have been proven to alter gentic code / DNA for generations, and generations. So there is so much we do not know about them, that is why people are anti-vaccines. Any effort to thoroughly test them gets shut down.

SO you trust this website to not be tracking you for the CIA?

/s

Sadly because of their choices natural selection will also get their children or the children of responsible parents with an IQ higher then they can count with their fingers. The more people opt out of vaccinating their children the all important herd immunity goes down and down. People who can't take the vaccination for medical reasons lose their protections and the thought extinct viruses come back and can thrive. Measles is only the beginning and the lower the overall percentage of the population is vaccinated the more extinct diseases come back polio, rotavirus, whooping cough, rubella, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    this is 100% correct. Vaccinations have some weird thing with big pharma where they get around the FDA testing and can get approved. I don't know all the details, but it is a big issue. Do we need vaccines? Yes. Do we need to inject kids with 90 before they're age 9? NO! We should only be giving them, the ones that are present in our society at that time. THEY have been proven to alter gentic code / DNA for generations, and generations. So there is so much we do not know about them, that is why people are anti-vaccines. Any effort to thoroughly test them gets shut down.
    I do not know about the vaccination schedule in the US but vaccines against 11 diseases are on the european schedules. 2 vaccines combine 3 diseases each. and some "reminders" are necessary between 6 months and 9 years. Which means 12 shots in total. ( diphteria, tetanus and polio are done together for example, but shots should be done before 6 and once or twice afterwards for example). Even if you don't group them 90 shots is just preposterous.

edit: And hell no. The only reason they are no present in society at our time is because we vaccinate virtually all children, which creats herd immunity.There is no proof about genetic code alteration. Where did you ever read such a thing?
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2017-07-28 at 07:53 PM.

I don't think there's one catch all reason for why people are anti-vax. I do have some groups that I think a lot of anti-vaxxers fit into

1) Conspiracy theorists: These people just want to believe that the government is hiding "the truth" about vaccines. Wakefield being thoroughly discredited actually fuels their belief...he was too close to the truth so "they" had to silence him.

2) Argument from Inertia: These people have believed that vaccines are harmful for so long that no amount of logic can reach them. If they are wrong about vaccines being harmful...then that means they have exposed their children to possible harm and they just can't accept that.

3) Correlation actually does Equal Causation: These people only see the charts that show autism diagnosis increased with vaccines. All of the other factors involved are irrelevant as far as they are concerned.

4) The "I know someone that had a bad reaction to vaccines": Pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Someone they know, possibly even themselves, had a bad reaction to a vaccine and therefore all vaccines are dangerous.

5) Vaccines carry the disease: The people that believe that getting a vaccination to a disease is the same as getting the disease directly.

Then of course there are the people that, for various reasons, cannot be vaccinated. These people are not necessarily "anti-vaxxers" (though some may be)..on the contrary...most of these people are very pro-vaccine...because they have to rely almost entirely on herd immunity for protection.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

this is 100% correct. Vaccinations have some weird thing with big pharma where they get around the FDA testing and can get approved. I don't know all the details, but it is a big issue.
    All vaccines have to be approved by the FDA and they go through testing afterwards to make sure they are safe. The only way to get an experimental vaccines is to go through a long process in which you waiver a lot of things and is quite expensive since insurance doesn't cover those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vaccinations have some weird thing with big pharma where they get around the FDA testing and can get approved. I don't know all the details, but it is a big issue.
    You don't know the details because they don't exist.

https://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodva.../ucm133096.htm

Google is your friend.

What you might be talking about is pre-approval access programs, where if there is sufficient need a medication can be given to select individuals before the full run of clinical trials is done. This is not anything resembling a sweeping program and requires specific individual needs to get access to medications before approved by the FDA.

I'm also curious about your statement that any effort to study vaccines gets shut down. Especially given that sites like this exist:
    https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...-Evidence.aspx

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Want to know how I know I am right at least in your case? All you had to back it up with was insults. All you had was what I am. Good call man. Might as well just said:

"Your probly right and I dont know what I am talking about. But I hate the left because I am right. So you hippy or something that makes me feel better and likely wont matter much to you"
    No, i don't think the "left is evil", the people pushing this forward are literally prominent leftist Hollywood actresses and actors... read about it. Also, im sure they are a ton of backwoods people complaining about this as well.

Can we keep this on topic and not make it a political debate, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Forbidden Topics
    ...keep in mind the post contents/subjects that are not allowed:
    -Posts that contribute nothing ("what does this have to do with WoW" etc)
    -Meme replies (LOL, TL;DR, OVER 9000, /thread etc)