Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's just your subjective opinion. Not fact.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    That's just your subjective opinion. Not fact.
    As is your opinion of the kit fitting him.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I don't understand the outrage over him being a Tank. He never struck me as a quick and decisive fighter, more like a tough and relentless bastard.

Not only does the kit fit this fighting style, but it also strengthens the notion of commander as Tanks decide when to engage.

Also the argument he never protected anybody. Wasn't the sole reason behind the expansionism to provide more resources and protection to his people? Even if you ignore that statement, hell, most Tanks in HotS are bad guys anyway!

If people want to play a dumb and hotheaded beast, you already have a Hero for that - The Butcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is Diablo 2.0 with his E, but it is only my opinion.

Deleted
    As someone who pretty much playn exlusivly Dehaka and Diablo I am thrilled by this kit. Looking forward to it alot! Well done Blizzard!

Also bonus for keeping the old gods stuff away

Mod Note: Discussion here is starting to feel like it's veering close to insults, different opinions are not something to get angry about
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I hope Gorehowl makes the shrieking sound it's (in)famous for.

edit: I just realized Gorehowl doesn't even have its trademark notches in the blade. Oh well.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-31 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    As is your opinion of the kit fitting him.
    Oh no, his animations and abilities suit him just fine are in line with his character.

Your argument that it doesn't make the enemy health bar disappear in two facerolls isn't a valid argument.

10+ Year Old Account

OH MEIN GLOP! That ETC, Anub and Li-Ming are perfect!

so much love for Starcraft skins. I wonder if it's to promote remaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Your argument that it doesn't make the enemy health bar disappear in two facerolls isn't a valid argument.
    Neither is your (inaccurate) argument that they suit him and are in line with his character when they clearly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Neither is your (inaccurate) argument that they suit him and are in line with his character when they clearly are not.
    And how aren't they, exactly? I already put in my reasons for why they fit him. All I got in response is a complaint that they don't do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    OH MEIN GLOP! That ETC, Anub and Li-Ming are perfect!
    Yeah, they're really neat. Especially ETC Space Marine. On the other hand ... Is it really too much to ask for at least a green reskin of basic Garrosh, if we can't have Grom?

And how aren't they, exactly? I already put in my reasons for why they fit him. All I got in response is a complaint that they don't do damage.
    Your arguments was trying to match his abilities with some lines of dialogue to fit your description. You can do that with literally any tank and most healers.

This whole thing is super subjective, were talking about "fantasy" of a playing as a video game character, this is as meta as it gets. The point is, for most people Garrosh does NOT represent someone who would be using those abilities in the way they are presented. In every piece of media he is shown as a berserkerish warrior, caring little about his protection in combat (and even less about his allies), charging recklessly head on and going for the kill. That's what we've seen in his cinematic when he faced Taran Zhu, what was written in a few godawful Warcraft novels and what was said about him in about every single piece of dialogue he was a part of.

His skills in HotS are in no way reflecting that. Instead of helping a selfish berserker to decimate his target and move on to the next (if he is still up after that), they are more about making sure your TEAM is going to get the kill, and to make sure your healer is safe from harassing assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Your arguments was trying to match his abilities with some lines of dialogue to fit your description. You can do that with literally any tank and most healers.

This whole thing is super subjective, were talking about "fantasy" of a playing as a video game character, this is as meta as it gets. The point is, for most people Garrosh does NOT represent someone who would be using those abilities in the way they are presented. In every piece of media he is shown as a berserkerish warrior, caring little about his protection in combat (and even less about his allies), charging recklessly head on and going for the kill. That's what we've seen in his cinematic when he faced Taran Zhu, what was written in a few godawful Warcraft novels and what was said about him in about every single piece of dialogue he was a part of.

His skills in HotS are in no way reflecting that. Instead of helping a selfish berserker to decimate his target and move on to the next (if he is still up after that), they are more about making sure your TEAM is going to get the kill, and to make sure your healer is safe from harassing assassins.
    Yet he can talent to be more of a Bruiser with Body Check. His trait is all about recklessness, encouraging him to stay in the fight even when it's pretty damn clear anyone else would be moving to get out of there. He has sustain to keep him in the fight, and he has abilities to keep enemies in the fight to fall before him or your team. Hell, I wonder if people are throwing a shitfit because of how little Chromie's health bar moved during the Spotlight video even though Spotlight videos are clearly operating under different damage values than the current client.

I'm guessing what's getting me is the sudden explosion of people going "Lore > Gameplay". I sort of understand it with Stukov. It was a surprise, but not an unwelcome one for me for him to be a solo support healer. I don't understand why people are stomping their feet and crying they didn't get another Bruiser/Assassin in a large saturated pool of Bruiser/Assassins. We needed another solid Tank with new mechanics and gameplay, with playmaking potential, and we got Garrosh using abilities that fit in with his character. It's not Garrosh summoning Elementals, or putting on lederhausen and doing Riverdance to buff his allies, it's him being incentivized to stay in the fight, command the battlefield, taunt his enemies to attack him or ensuring they don't escape. The fact I'm being told "nuh this isn't like Garrosh at all" just makes my head spin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, his animations and abilities suit him just fine are in line with his character.

Where did I ever say that I wanted that? I want some iconic moves that he used in his fighting style to be made into abilities for his kit. Nothing more, nothing less. I want to feel like i'm playing garrosh and not a random strongman.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-07-28 at 07:10 PM.

Yet he can talent to be more of a Bruiser with Body Check. His trait is all about recklessness, encouraging him to stay in the fight even when it's pretty damn clear anyone else would be moving to get out of there. He has sustain to keep him in the fight, and he has abilities to keep enemies in the fight to fall before him or your team. Hell, I wonder if people are throwing a shitfit because of how little Chromie's health bar moved during the Spotlight video even though Spotlight videos are clearly operating under different damage values than the current client.

I'm guessing what's getting me is the sudden explosion of people going "Lore > Gameplay". I sort of understand it with Stukov. It was a surprise, but not an unwelcome one for me for him to be a solo support healer. I don't understand why people are stomping their feet and crying they didn't get another Bruiser/Assassin in a large saturated pool of Bruiser/Assassins. We needed another solid Tank with new mechanics and gameplay, with playmaking potential, and we got Garrosh using abilities that fit in with his character. It's not Garrosh summoning Elementals, or putting on lederhausen and doing Riverdance to buff his allies, it's him being incentivized to stay in the fight, command the battlefield, taunt his enemies to attack him or ensuring they don't escape. The fact I'm being told "nuh this isn't like Garrosh at all" just makes my head spin.
    Probably more people are talking about Garrosh that Stukov because Garrosh is a more known character.

Anyway, Body Check doesn't really help much by the looks of it, it makes him a bit more of a bruiser, but that's it. He is not a hero you pick to jump in and kill fools, and well, that's what people were hoping to see. Not a control character that for the most part just slows and displaces enemies. People would probably be baffled all the same if Lucio was released as an assassin or Anub'Arak as healer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Garrosh has never once been a defender-kind of character. He's never used a shield. He's never been protecting other people. He's never done anything but be in the middle of the fray attacking people with Gorehowl.

I don't have a problem with taunt thematically but mechanically, since it literally is just Protection-Varian's ultimate, but better.
    since when have tanks "needed to have a shield" The onyl charecters with a shield in hots are
    Varian, tank
    Johanna, tank
    morales, healer
    tanks who dont have a shield
    anub,artanis,arthas,chen,cho,dva,dehaka,diablo,etc,leroic,muradin,rexxar,sonya,stiches,tyr ael, zarya.

you make all these arguments "hes a warrior, hes not using a shield, hes not known for being a tank"
    what aboutm uradin? he uses two 1 handed weapons, but he is very tanky, and uses thunderclap... so why cant garrosh be a tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Probably more people are talking about Garrosh that Stukov because Garrosh is a more known character.

Anyway, Body Check doesn't really help much by the looks of it, it makes him a bit more of a bruiser, but that's it. He is not a hero you pick to jump in and kill fools, and well, that's what people were hoping to see. Not a control character that for the most part just slows and displaces enemies. People would probably be baffled all the same if Lucio was released as an assassin or Anub'Arak as healer.
    Ironically if Blizz wanted Lucio to be more in line with his appearance in Overwatch, he would be much more of an Assassin than he is ala current Tyrande, but HotS doesn't have the environment for that, nor the control Overwatch has, so they obviously had to double up on his support. As for Anub'arak being a healer, that's honestly a ridiculous comparison. It's like a previous poster erroneously tried to do earlier in stating that it would be like "Kael'thas casting Blizzard". That implies Garrosh is casting Holy Smite or some other ridiculous thing. A more apt comparison would be Anub'arak just being Zagara 2.0 and standing in the backline spawning locusts and throwing out Impales. Not completely out of the question for him, but it still fits with his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Grappling for one. Both in game and in novels garrosh was a skilled unarmed combatant, but had more of a "Tavern brawler" style, using improvised weapons, grapples, and punches. Another could be an enrage mechanic similar to gnar in league of legends where he builds up a rage meter the more damage he deals or the more damage he takes. When the bar fills his abilities change slightly until the rage meter empties. I could also see him as the first hero who has a chargeable attack. His ingame fighting style involves overpowering his foe to break their defense, so it could work like this:

Q: Annihilate. Press the button and let go instantly: low damage and no effect. Hold the button for 1 second: Higher damage and short knockback. Hold button for 2 seconds: Highest damage and stuns.

There are a lot of ways to make melee characters unique and still be tailored for their characters. Just look at league.
    Doesn't Wrecking Ball count as grappling? Or Body Check as unarmed combat?

I mean, yeah. There are a ton of unused stuff, but I just don't see how the current kit itself doesn't fit him thematically.

I can understand frustration surrounding low damage output, but I think it is mainly to balance his survivability that might be very high.

However I agree his animations are not representing his personality well. They make him look stocky and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    *snip*
    I seen Illidan disintegrating Gul'dan in cinematic, yet he doesn't do so in game. Also, nothing contradicts Warrior label in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Garrosh has never once been a defender-kind of character. He's never used a shield. He's never been protecting other people. He's never done anything but be in the middle of the fray attacking people with Gorehowl.
    Because Diablo is smashing people into walls and throwing them around to protect allies.