Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Except there is a trait that gives 650 avoidance and 650 mastery per rank. So at 3/3 you have avoidance cap which is a MUST HAVE as mythic raider. So yeah RNG on relics will be detrimental.
    First time I've ever heard that, thanks for the belly laugh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    First time I've ever heard that, thanks for the belly laugh
    20% reduced damage from AoE abilities from a trait is no joke. For high end progression that's worth dropping a couple Ilvl's or having a worse trait on the relic.

It blows my mind how people can keep defending idiotic extra layers of RNG like this. Blizzard even admitted it was shit last time they did random traits, now they just repackaged it but it's still the same shit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't really mind the current legendary/titanforge RNG right now. The new relic RNG is a step too far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't mind it being RNG, honestly. I find it rather tiresome to hear people whine because they can't get their BiS right away. Same with the bullshit of legendaries. "Oh noes, didn't get BiS legendary the first go, better delete and boost a new character". Ugh... Tough, you can't always get BiS right away, work on it.
    "Work on it"... there's no working, you just have to get lucky... repeatedly. First the right item has to drop, then it has to WF/TF high enough and then it also needs to roll the right Crucible path. That is fucking bullshit, and even Blizzard admitted that last time when they scrapped the random 2nd trait.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is my question is the crucible gonna be account wide once you do it the storyline to unlock it on your main cause doing it all on 24 110'sis gonna be painful.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Here is my question is the crucible gonna be account wide once you do it the storyline to unlock it on your main cause doing it all on 24 110'sis gonna be painful.
    Almost certainly have to do it on every character, so that'll be... great fun for people like us with a lot of characters.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't mind it being RNG, honestly. I find it rather tiresome to hear people whine because they can't get their BiS right away. Same with the bullshit of legendaries. "Oh noes, didn't get BiS legendary the first go, better delete and boost a new character". Ugh... Tough, you can't always get BiS right away, work on it.
    When legion first dropped it was actually pretty significant if you didnt get a good dps legendary in your first two. I remember being significantly behind people of equal skill/gear(aside from legendary roulette) who had the at the time bis legendaries(meanwhile i had dk cloak/sephuz). rng and bis shouldn't be tied to the same sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Almost certainly have to do it on every character, so that'll be... great fun for people like us with a lot of characters.
    the crapstorm of rng and other systems they put in place is a main reason ive stuck to one toon at a time...which sucks cause id love to experience the class campaigns but i dont want to deal with doing all this shit over and over when an alt gets there.

Nothing new. Blizzard has had a raging hardon for RNG this entire expansion.

This is going to end one of two ways:

1) Blizzard will continue on with their design choice, finding it to be a good one

2) Blizzard will change their design choice because in the end they didn't like it

Some people will quit if it stays random because "omergerd dis is last straw!" some will quit if they change it because "Blizzard keeps giving in to those forum whiners!", in the end 99% of the player base won't give a flying fuck and continue on playing and enjoying the game.

Personally, I'm in the 99% of DGAF, I never strived for the "perfect" gear because you'd die trying, and that's a good thing, no one should be BiS in an MMO

"See that nice 2% upgrade relic you just put in your weapon?....PSYCH! it's actually a 5% downgrade,all the netherlight traits on it are crap! sucks to be you,guess who's getting benched for the big DPS check of the new mythic raid? " -Blizzard,explaining how "fun" and "exciting" RNG is

Will dots proc the rng stuff ? or melee and spells only on hit ?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If this goes live, then im done with Legion. RNG is good for a game to some degree, but Blizz has taking it to a whole new lvl and now they add even more of it
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oromiselda View Post
    20% reduced damage from AoE abilities from a trait is no joke. For high end progression that's worth dropping a couple Ilvl's or having a worse trait on the relic.
    I have no doubt it's useful, but the "THE AVOIDENCE CAP IS MANDATORY FOR MYTHIC RAIDING" part was the funny part.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    This is going to end one of two ways:

1) Blizzard will continue on with their design choice, finding it to be a good one

2) Blizzard will change their design choice because in the end they didn't like it

Some people will quit if it stays random because "omergerd dis is last straw!" some will quit if they change it because "Blizzard keeps giving in to those forum whiners!", in the end 99% of the player base won't give a flying fuck and continue on playing and enjoying the game.

Personally, I'm in the 99% of DGAF, I never strived for the "perfect" gear because you'd die trying, and that's a good thing, no one should be BiS in an MMO
    This has nothing to do with being BIS. This has something to do with the risk of getting 5-10 bad relics in a row because of you know RNG. Is that something you find fun?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    This has nothing to do with being BIS. This has something to do with the risk of getting 5-10 bad relics in a row because of you know RNG. Is that something you find fun?
    Hello blowing it out of proportion, Ilvl is still king for most relics with some minor exceptions (like crusader relics but those are getting nerfed) and if it creates too big of a problem blizz will just go about it the same as they did with the 7.2 class hall research, make it boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I have no doubt it's useful, but the "THE AVOIDENCE CAP IS MANDATORY FOR MYTHIC RAIDING" part was the funny part.
    Don't you know, Aunt Jemima's Pancake Syrup is MANDATORY for mythic raiding.

Hello blowing it out of proportion, Ilvl is still king for most relics with some minor exceptions (like crusader relics but those are getting nerfed) and if it creates too big of a problem blizz will just go about it the same as they did with the 7.2 class hall research, make it boring.
    Tell that to tanks and DPS specs with weak weapon damage scaling(WW, Feral, Assassination, Beastmastery). Those aren't "minor" exceptions, they barely care about relic ilevel at all. And yes, hopefully Blizzard will make it boring like they did with the 7.2 research.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

True BiS lists not existing anymore is the main reason I stopped progression raiding. Killing the boss on its highest difficulty when relevant and being lucky enough to get the drop in your raid should be all that's required for BiS gear. This carrot on a stick approach makes me play less, not more. I reached BiS in probably a dozen tiers or more in the past and that sense of completion was absolutely amazing. Of course this was also a time where split runs weren't a prevalent cancer that sucked the fun and life out of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Tell that to tanks and DPS specs with weak weapon damage scaling(WW, Feral, Assassination, Beastmastery). Those aren't "minor" exceptions, they barely care about relic ilevel at all. And yes, hopefully Blizzard will make it boring like they did with the 7.2 research.
    You don't like it so it has to be boring for everyone? Seriously, 99% of the player base won't give a fuck, but because Tradu or pansertjald don't like it it has to be changed? Get over yourself.

Jaws of Thunder relics for BM are insanely important. That trait accounts for like +15 ilvl over other relics. You're basically shit if you aren't using only Jaws relics. There's nothing minor or out of proportion about that.