Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Queued up for the last wing just to check for lolz (I never do LFR, I hate it). So I asked my tank buddy (We're both the main tanks of our guild 8/9 HC atm) to join.

They're just tank and spank fights. Extremely boring. For Fallen Avatar P2 we just kept him in the exact middle, we assumed that it would be so dumbed down that he wouldn't destroy the platform. We were pleasantly surprised that after his Rupture there were only 4 corners left So after all platforms were destroyed but one, we just kept pulling him into the lava to keep the last platform alive but in the end we wiped because he enraged (And we even survived the Enrage for a while). DPS is so low in LFR it's amazing how it's even possible.

We were both #2 and #6 on DPS during Maiden, which is a tank and spank fight now. It boggles my mind how this is even possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    What does 3% clearing mythic have to do with LFR?
    nothing i'm just clarifying the "3%" of player base raiding was meant for mythic raiding not other difficulties. Forgot to quote the guy, sue me.

i afked an entire 8/9 HFC, 10/10 NC, 3/3 TOV and 7/7 EM on LFR and still 1 shot every boss. As a HEALER. While 2 other healers were in dps specs.

That's a serious issue.
    Your right there is a serious issue.

People like you afking and people going in as spec's that don't fit the role they qued for.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i afked an entire 8/9 HFC, 10/10 NC, 3/3 TOV and 7/7 EM on LFR and still 1 shot every boss. As a HEALER. While 2 other healers were in dps specs.

That's a serious issue.
    People like you is exactly the serious issue with LFR, how do you think they could balance it and make it harder with people like you just joining and going afk?

So I decided to do this today to see what the QQ was about. People seriously had a problem here? I mean I wiped once on maiden because everyone blew each other up. Some figured it out the next time so it didn't one shot half the raid and we killed it. Went down to avatar and no maiden? You just DPS boss. Drop down.. and DPS boss... and sure we wiped once then tank was told to just move boss to the edge and it died the next go. If this is what is considered a problem for a lot of people I am going to warn you now. Life. It gets harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    So I decided to do this today to see what the QQ was about. People seriously had a problem here? I mean I wiped once on maiden because everyone blew each other up. Some figured it out the next time so it didn't one shot half the raid and we killed it. Went down to avatar and no maiden? You just DPS boss. Drop down.. and DPS boss... and sure we wiped once then tank was told to just move boss to the edge and it died the next go. If this is what is considered a problem for a lot of people I am going to warn you now. Life. It gets harder.
    Some people just want to bitch and moan. Those people should just be happy they got to do it before LFR opened (If they even did).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's not an "insult", stop wearing the victim panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    LFR used to be hard. It used to be great. That was in MoP. It was fun. 10 wipes on the fucking bird, of course. Complete fuck-up with that Garalon dude? Awesome. Now it's just useless shit
    Lol, it was never hard.

Better tuned than today? Sure, but hard by any stretch of the imagination? Fuck no. That's probably why they undertuned it further, they saw how LFR-players struggled on Durumu even when SoO had been out for 14 months and ToT for longer than that...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-29 at 02:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, it was never hard.

Better tuned than today? Sure, but hard by any stretch of the imagination? Fuck no. That's probably why they undertuned it further, they saw how LFR-players struggled on Durumu even when SoO had been out for 14 months and ToT for longer than that...
    Elegon LFR, first week. "GET OUT OF THE CENTER" "OMG GET OUT OR DIE"

Highlight of my WoW life.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    They should also be legendary chance exclusive with the other difficulties. There should be no incentive at all for anyone who can run normal or above to do LFR. None.

Including runes. Delete them from the game.
    Yeah lets penalize those that do LFR because they want to, just so special snowflakes can feel special.. /sarcasm

And one wonders why the WoW community is a pit of toxicity with posts like this..

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Blizzard should just have NPCs fighting bosses and trash while everyone just AFKs in LFR.
    Haha, I bet some people would love this. Just make it a movie they can watch.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah lets penalize those that do LFR because they want to, just so special snowflakes can feel special.. /sarcasm

And one wonders why the WoW community is a pit of toxicity with posts like this..
    You've misunderstood. He means legendary chance exclusive with other difficulties in the same was that AP is between normal/hc/mythic - you only get AP from 1 clear a week. If people only got legendary chance from 1 difficulty a week then they could do a full normal clear of all old content and ToS for legendary chance. That would make 90% of the salt about LFR disappear in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    LFR used to be hard. It used to be great. That was in MoP. It was fun. 10 wipes on the fucking bird, of course. Complete fuck-up with that Garalon dude? Awesome. Now it's just useless shit
    It was never hard, never great, it was just there to do.
    The amount of stupid you find in LFR these days makes the encounters still frustrating to do. It's not hard, but it just does not seem to work for brain damaged people joining in.
    Oh and half your healers just signing up as healer and not actualy healing does not help ofcourse...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Just eliminate WF/TF chances from LFR and I believe a lot of the people who are against LFR wouldn't give a fuck anymore.
    The anti-LFR brigade has been a thing way before WF/TF, and will not rest until it's removed.

Myself, while I do think outright removing the Desolate Host from, you know, the Desolate Host fight is overdoing the nerfs, I'm ok with it existing and I'm OK with it being easy. Better make it a painless way to get satchels, runes and gear up alts than have to suffer through an hour of wiping because of all the bad players in there. Let the easy mode be easy, it doesn't affect the rest of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Was gonna write more but didnt, but LFR was not at this state ever, yes its an easy waste of time and you can always do Normal but thats not what i meant.

This particular wing, nothing happens, nothing deals damage, nothing.

I got locked out because its Wednesday so ninja pulling 930 raiders rushing things and still did not die while standing still at the door while waiting for P2 in Avatar to teleport me down, got hit by 2? Unbound Chaos and 2 Ruptured Realities and survived with just the heal the BM has, it literally didnt manage to do 6mil damage in HP to kill me off while i was half-afking waiting for the fight to end.
    LFR has always been a joke. It has never been difficult. The only boss of more recent that ever really gave lfr trouble but 1-2 carries would completely change was Archimonde. Otherwise everything even before in prior expansions was complete faceroll ignore mechanics. You don't do lfr for the "challenge of it". You do it to see what the bosses look like, lore, time filler, possible titanforges, etc. But doing it because you expect a challenge.. Go do normal. Even though normal is faceroll at this point it actually requires following mechanics especially KJ.

Or better yet go take a bunch of lfr raiders ~890 ivl 80% of which dont know how to play their class. I promise your not gonna have a good time in normal/heroic. I could only imagine how hilarious maiden would be.
    Last edited by avx81; 2017-07-29 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Haha, I bet some people would love this. Just make it a movie they can watch.
    Why not? The stated purpose of LFR is tourist mode, it exists so people can see the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Just eliminate WF/TF chances from LFR and I believe a lot of the people who are against LFR wouldn't give a fuck anymore.
    Yeah. All the "how dare those LFR scrubs have even the tiniest chance of getting gear that might be as good as my leet mythic raider gear" guys.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Elegon LFR, first week. "GET OUT OF THE CENTER" "OMG GET OUT OR DIE"

Highlight of my WoW life.
    I called it Elegon Bingo for a reason.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    You've misunderstood. He means legendary chance exclusive with other difficulties in the same was that AP is between normal/hc/mythic - you only get AP from 1 clear a week. If people only got legendary chance from 1 difficulty a week then they could do a full normal clear of all old content and ToS for legendary chance. That would make 90% of the salt about LFR disappear in an instant.
    Ahh k understand now, though I have yet to get a legendary from LFR most of mine have been from emissary caches and raiding, and of raiding have only gotten two from doing that.. Either way the salt about LFR will never truly disappear as there will always be someone complaining about it..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    It was never hard, never great, it was just there to do.
    The amount of stupid you find in LFR these days makes the encounters still frustrating to do. It's not hard, but it just does not seem to work for brain damaged people joining in.
    Oh and half your healers just signing up as healer and not actualy healing does not help ofcourse...
    Tell me about it, the amount of ninja pulling is getting ridiculous, that was well is a pain when the healers aren't doing what they signed up for.. Though have found getting in LFR just after reset yo do get the decent groups that do seem to care, it is just later in the week when you get the dregs..

Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    LFR has always been a joke. It has never been difficult. The only boss of more recent that ever really gave lfr trouble but 1-2 carries would completely change was Archimonde. Otherwise everything even before in prior expansions was complete faceroll ignore mechanics. You don't do lfr for the "challenge of it". You do it to see what the bosses look like, lore, time filler, possible titanforges, etc. But doing it because you expect a challenge.. Go do normal. Even though normal is faceroll at this point it actually requires following mechanics especially KJ.

Or better yet go take a bunch of lfr raiders ~890 ivl 80% of which dont know how to play their class. I promise your not gonna have a good time in normal/heroic. I could only imagine how hilarious maiden would be.
    Actually no, Durumu killed people with the maze.

However, there were always 8 or so players that DIDN'T die to the maze, and those 8 could then carry the rest to a kill due to the boss doing fuck all in terms of damage outside of said maze.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Actually no, Durumu killed people with the maze.

However, there were always 8 or so players that DIDN'T die to the maze, and those 8 could then carry the rest to a kill due to the boss doing fuck all in terms of damage outside of said maze.
    Lei Shen was bad the first few weeks if I remember correctly. I mean sure it boiled down to not standing in electric floor or getting slowly blown over the edge of the room... but hey.. some people never figure out how to open a jar as well.