Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would not mind if Alliance gets High Elves (BE models with different eye colour and probably a bit different tints of hair), if Horde gets a Draenei variant instead (Eredar defectors with red skin, who leave the Legion and cannot join the Alliance because Draenei). Give these Eredar warlocks and DH instead of priests/paladins. Then the Alliance can have its High Elves.
    Sounds fair to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would not mind if Alliance gets High Elves (BE models with different eye colour and probably a bit different tints of hair), if Horde gets a Draenei variant instead (Eredar defectors with red skin, who leave the Legion and cannot join the Alliance because Draenei). Give these Eredar warlocks and DH instead of priests/paladins. Then the Alliance can have its High Elves.
    OR, or, if you want to play that Elf model you make a blood elf, and if you want to play that Draenei model you make an Draenei.

It's a much simpler solution than taking a wrecking ball to the faction wall.

Either the factions are important, or they are not. If this is the way Blizzard is going to go, just remove the Alliance and Horde and let everyone group with each other. No need to tie ourselves in knots trying to justify why High Elves are a special exception.

An angel loses its wings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    We don't wanna play with the filthy mongrel races. Putting blood elves on horde made 0 sense from the start.
    If you've played Frozen Throne the bloodelves aversion to tge alliance is understandable

I'm curious if Flipped Elf has any fan lore developed yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    If you've played Frozen Throne the bloodelves aversion to tge alliance is understandable
    Because one general was a total jackass to one squadron in war torn Lordaeron? You think the entirety of Silvermoon heard what happened after Kael'thas disappeared from the planet?

Then again, the high elves were the ones who sent a token force to help the Alliance against the Horde in the Second War, then acted like the Alliance betrayed them when their land was also invaded. They're kinda quick to place sweeping blankets of blame, so it does kinda make sense to blame the whole Alliance for Garithos being a idiot.

Then again, the high elves always saw the humans as lesser creatures.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-07-28 at 05:40 PM.

I have always feelt that the Elves of Qual'Thalas have never really been that much part of the "Alliance". I havn't read all the books, but I tried as much as possibal to keep up with all lore, for thos that already know their lore, I made a list down to short list of summarize. Also If I am wrong or have missed something, please do correct me.

There was a Alliance between High Elves and Human(Lordaeron), when they took down the Amani or pushed them back, it was also here the humans started to learn magic thanks to the elves? Which then later lead to the formation of Kirin Tor.

As I have understood it, the Elves wasn't part of the First war, were it mainly was Stormwind and the Orcish Horde from Draenor. Stormwind get sacked, and Blackhand gets killed by Ogrim which then take the mantle as the new Warchief. The First war have ended.

With the Second war, the orcish Horde push all the way up towards Lordaeron. Where every nation in Lordaeron bands togather. The Nations of Lordaeron ask for the elves for help, or was it Alleria that took a band of rangers to against the Horde? I never got this part right.

Eitherway, it ain't before the Horde is actully at the boarder of Qual'Thalas the Elves do indeed join the Alliance(Or I am wrong?), it's also at this time Gul'dan take a part of the Orcish Hoard and head to the Tomb of Sargeras, and Orgim sends even more Orcs after Gul'dan to stop them, With Horde thinned, Humans and Elves banded togather(I think dwarfs also?). The push the Orcish Horde all the way back to the Dark Portal.

Alliance Heroes follow the Horde back into the portal to end them once and for all, Khadgar, Alleria, Danath Trollbane and few more notable characters. The Portal get closed, people geting trapped on either side, and thus the Second war have ended.

Meny years passes, and thus the Thirde war begin, while Lordaeron struggle with it, the Elves of Qual'Thalas do indeed send High Elves Priests and Sorceress against the Cult of the Damned. The Cult is "destroyed" and Stratholm is burned, Arthas make his return by destroying all of Lordaeron, he then proceed to steamroll all the way into Qual'thalas, all the way up to the Sunwell.

Time passes, the Thirde war end by the battle of Mount Hjyal. Keal'Thas Sunstrider rummage through Lordaeron with is breathren for supplies and what not, which he have conveniently hidden a bit everywhere? Joins up with Maiev, Tyrande and Malfurion briefly. And then goes back to help Garithos with fighting the Undeads. Garithos keep making life difficult for Kael'thas by the most impossibal tasks, but overcome each and one of them. Untile Garithos sees that Kael'thas and his brothers have been working with the Naga, and thus want to execute -all- the elves for the "betrayal".

So in short of it all:
    • Humans(Lordaeron) and Elves of Qual'Thalas joins togather to stop the Amani Trolls.
    • Elves learn the humans(Lordaeron) to wield magic, Kirin Tor is formed.
    • No Elves was part in the First war, only Stormwind.
    • Alleria take a band of rangers to fight the Orcish Horde as it approaches.
    • The Elves joined the Lordaeron against the Orcish Horde as soon the Horde was at their door?
    • Few Elves join Lordaeron against the Scourge?
    • Qual'Thalas get sacked by the Scourge.
    • Survivors lead by Kael'thas are about to get executed Garithos, but escape him.

Now looking through all of this, I never really feelt that the Elves of Qual'Thalas been a real part of our Alliance we got today. Sure they hade a alliance with the Nations of Lordaeron, but none of thos nation barely existe today, they all been sacked or destroyed, and thos parts that have survived are most likely Forsaken by now, which funny enough the Elves of Qual'thalas today are allied with. The Elves never really was allied with the Stormwind, and even when they was, it was during the Second War only. And all the time in between it feelt like the elves havn't really cared that much for Alliance, even with the Nations of Lordaeron, with expection for Kirin Tor. Feelt they keept to themselves mostly and non other, beside for all the Windrunner sister which seems to have something for some human hunk~?

So should High Elves or Qual'Thalas elves be part of our Alliance today? I don't think so. But please correct if I am wrong if I missed something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post

So should High Elves or Qual'Thalas elves be part of our Alliance today? I don't think so. But please correct if I am wrong if I missed something.
    The remaining High Elves have intermingled into Human society. There aren't many left, still a deceint amount, but not as much as blood elves (24,000+8,000 halfelves). Vereesa and the Silver Covenant are Alliance alligned. Additionally, high elves aligned themselves with Jaina Proudmoore after the fall. At worst they are refugees. But that does make them Alliance alligned.

When Theramore was bombed, this increased tensions between blood and high elves. And though they share the sunwell, they don't like eachother.

Unless it's been made un-canon. And I don't think it has. Of Stormwind's 200k population. 20,000 of the remaining 24,000 reside there, in addition to 8,000 half elves. Meaning that at least 8,000 high elves won't be joining the Horde any time soon. Unless they about to take humans with them to Silvermoon.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2017-07-29 at 08:25 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The remaining High Elves have intermingled into Human society. There aren't many left, still a deceint amount, but not as much as blood elves (24,000+8,000 halfelves). Vereesa and the Silver Covenant are Alliance alligned. Additionally, high elves aligned themselves with Jaina Proudmoore after the fall. At worst they are refugees. But that does make them Alliance alligned.

When Theramore was bombed, this increased tensions between blood and high elves. And though they share the sunwell, they don't like eachother.

Unless it's been made un-canon. And I don't think it has. Of Stormwind's 200k population. 20,000 of the remaining 24,000 reside there, in addition to 8,000 half elves. Meaning that at least 8,000 high elves won't be joining the Horde any time soon. Unless they about to take humans with them to Silvermoon.
    That is a handful of elves, that could be enough to actully make up for a playable race? But I still think High Elves shouldn't be a playable race for the Alliance, for number of other reasons. Still, if Blizzard implement them, then I will simple have to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account

Those figures are from the RPG. They are confirmed non canon.

Algebra reveals that the minimum High Elf population at the time of the Burning Crusade was about fifteen hundred. Since that time, confirmed High Elven population centres such as the lodges and Theramore have been destroyed, not to mention the attrition the silver covenant has suffered. This indicates that the population of High Elves has, if anything, declined significantly since TBC.

And for the record, there is NO High Elf population in Stormwind. That's an invention of the non-canon RPG that has never been mentioned or reflected in anyway in game. The only significant force of High Elves left on Azeorth are the Silver Covenant, and they basically slum it as a tiny minority in a Human city.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-07-29 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Algebra reveals that the minimum High Elf population at the time of the Burning Crusade was at minimum about fifteen hundred. Since that time confirmed High Elven population centres such as the lodges and Theramore have been destroyed, not to mention the attrition the silver covenant has suffered. This indicates that the population of High Elves has, if anything, declined significantly since that point.

And for the record, there is NO High Elf population in Stormwind. That's an invention of the RPG that has never been mentioned or reflected in anyway in game. The only significant force of High Elves left on Azeorth are the Silver Covenant, and they basically slum it as a tiny minority in a Human city.
    Oooh! Well gives them even a lesser reason to be a playable race then.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

rpg numbers aren't canon.

edit: Beaten to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Vegan Elf... heh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    rpg numbers aren't canon.

edit: Beaten to it.
    Well, tbh, until someone else posts new numbers you can't just say every line in every non-canon book is not canon. If the non- canon books say Varian was king. Does that mean he wasn't king?

- - - Updated - - -

Algebra reveals that the minimum High Elf population at the time of the Burning Crusade was about fifteen hundred. Since that time, confirmed High Elven population centres such as the lodges and Theramore have been destroyed, not to mention the attrition the silver covenant has suffered. This indicates that the population of High Elves has, if anything, declined significantly since TBC.

And for the record, there is NO High Elf population in Stormwind. That's an invention of the non-canon RPG that has never been mentioned or reflected in anyway in game. The only significant force of High Elves left on Azeorth are the Silver Covenant, and they basically slum it as a tiny minority in a Human city.
    Until another book changes what was said in the non-canon rpg book. And it hasn't. The non-changed parts of the rpg book remain canon. That's how that works. As I stated above.

Unless you think canonically Azeroth is the size it is in game? It isn't. According to developers, it's on about a 1:10 scale. So populations of that size are not unreasonable. for an apt comparison, the population of England was roughly 4-7 million at the tail end of the medeival period (Where WoW seems to reside) And that country is the size of Delaware.

Also, in Anduin's short story, he states quite clearly that Stormwind is a massively diverse city now. So....

Noooot to mention that the Darkspear/ Gnomes/ Tauren are all listed as "Endangered" So the argument that there aren't enough of X race, is a pretty pointless one.

but back to my OP, he asked if High Elves are Alliance, and even if the numbers are off, they quite clearly are.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2017-07-29 at 06:35 PM.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

This is a tiresome debate. Thirteen years and counting and High Elf fans still won't get over it. I hope they announce sub-races at Gamescom. And that High Elves aren't one of them. Finally bury this topic.
    Man, you people really are massive cunts, aren't you? Why does this matter so much to you, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Lore is 90% of high elves are dead. Of the 10% that are left the vast majority are known as blood Elves. What returned to the high elf name are less than 1%
    ...your point? There are more high elves than there are demon hunters in lore, yet demon hunters are still playable.

Stop trying to police people's fantasy in a fucking fantasy game, good God.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    High elves are in the game already. They're a Horde race called Blood Elves. 90% of the high elves were killed in the Third War and of the remaining population 90% joined the Horde and called themselves Blood Elves. That doesn't leave very many high elves in the Alliance.
    I R R E L E V A N T

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can, the mounts and eye colour are irrelevant. The faction is not, but that's the key tell. If Blood Elves had joined the Alliance back in the day people wouldn't be using a difference in name to try and justify bringing in High Elves.
    Oh, do you have the ability to see into alternate realities?! Oh, cool! Tell me, what's the world in which the Roman Empire continued to thrive like??

Oh, wait, you don't have that ability? Well, then stop acting like you do. If blood elves were on the Alliance, I guarantee people would be asking for a high elf variant. Because, you know, people like customisation and not everyone wants to have bright green eyes. Some people want to have blue eyes. What's so wrong with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd love to have Worgen on the Horde side, but I don't think the race is very popular; not like Humans and Night Elves.
    Considering being worgen is a curse, it's completely possible to have every race be a worgen. I agree that it would be very cool if Blizzard did that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yup, looks about right.

As much as I love elves, we're not getting high elves - stahp et. ;_:
    You sound like the people that used to say, "demon hunters will never be a thing."

You DO NOT KNOW. STOP talking like you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    You DO NOT KNOW. STOP talking like you do.
    Bruh, just remind them that if the human sub-race isn't high elf. It will likely be half-elf and their panties will really get into a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    How about put the complete information?

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven. Around 25,000 true high elves remain, most of whom cling to the Alliance trying to restore the glory of their once great people.
    I'm on your side, don't get me wrong here, but you should use accurate information if you want you argument to be credible. That number comes from the RPG book The Lands of Conflict, which is still, for all intents are purposes, considered non-canon.

WoWPedia's population section looks like this:

Surviving high elves comprise a mere 1% of the original high elven population, with the blood elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it.[2][7] Since Kael'thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland[7] (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael'thas' army numbered at least 2,000 ("thousands of them") according to the Excerpts from the Journal of Archmage Vargoth, it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481 (and at least ~148,000 prior to the Third War).
    Those numbers are estimated based on information from a Blizzard-made source, The Warcraft Encyclopedia.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Warcra...dia/High_Elves
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Warcra...ia/Blood_Elves

Well, tbh, until someone else posts new numbers you can't just say every line in every non-canon book is not canon. If the non- canon books say Varian was king. Does that mean he wasn't king?

- - - Updated - - -

Until another book changes what was said in the non-canon rpg book. And it hasn't. The non-changed parts of the rpg book remain canon. That's how that works. As I stated above.

Unless you think canonically Azeroth is the size it is in game? It isn't. According to developers, it's on about a 1:10 scale. So populations of that size are not unreasonable. for an apt comparison, the population of England was roughly 4-7 million at the tail end of the medeival period (Where WoW seems to reside) And that country is the size of Delaware.

Also, in Anduin's short story, he states quite clearly that Stormwind is a massively diverse city now. So....

Noooot to mention that the Darkspear/ Gnomes/ Tauren are all listed as "Endangered" So the argument that there aren't enough of X race, is a pretty pointless one.

but back to my OP, he asked if High Elves are Alliance, and even if the numbers are off, they quite clearly are.
    RPG is no canon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post

I'm pretty sure they'll never be happy unless WoW looked like this
    How dare other people want something you don't care about. The nerve of them.

Grow up.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You're reading into it the wrong way. Lore in non-canon books that IS corroborated in canon is considered canon, whereas anything that's not corroborated is considered tentatively non-canon unless Blizzard decides to do something with it in the future.

Also, check my last post for the new numbers. They weren't that hard to find. Google's right up there^, mate.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Blizzard specifically said the Roleplaying books were not canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol