Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. All the "how dare those LFR scrubs have even the tiniest chance of getting gear that might be as good as my leet mythic raider gear" guys.
    Why do those 'LFR scrubs' even need gear that can TF so high?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Actually no, Durumu killed people with the maze.
    After they nerfed the maze people died by letting the beam run over them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then that is bad DPS. Not bad handling of mechanics. Different things entirely.

And yes even for LFR the mechanics in Chamber are way too easy. There is making it accessible for everyone and there is making it a snoozefest. Look at Gul'dan or Durumu. That was fine for LFR if you ask me. Lei Shen too.
    Where exactly did i say it was bad handling of mechanics?

And no, that is not fine for LFR, LFR is supposed to be a casual snoozefest. The LFR Durumu tuning is fine for normal mode raids.
    I think it's (too) easy too, that's why i don't run it. Simple. For the people who just want to go and see the inside of the raid it's totally fine as it is.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-07-29 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss MoP LFR. Been saying that for quite some time now. I also miss flex raids, they were easier to pug thanks to being able to choose which part of the raid you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Where exactly did i say it was bad handling of mechanics?

And no, that is not fine for LFR, LFR is supposed to be a casual snoozefest. The LFR Durumu tuning is fine for normal mode raids.
    I think it's (too) easy too, that's why i don't run it. Simple. For the people who just want to go and see the inside of the raid it's totally fine as it is.
    And again I believe how they tuned Gul'dan, Lei Shen and Durumu were fine imo.

Of course Blizzard will tune it how they see fit.

I imagine Kil'jaeden might take some effort at first in a couple of weeks if we go by how last bosses have been tuned in LFR recently. Well except Xavius.

Did Avatar on LFR and now I wonder why the fuck did Blizzard even leave the destroying floor in P2 in.

Nothing more enjoyable than wiping multiple times because the idiot tanks keep tanking it in the middle of the platform.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-07-29 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    While I don't have a problem with LFR, in fact, LFR is the only form of raiding I do these days, but, did anyone notice Maiden Doesn't enrage on LFR? she's hit the timer twice on 2 different toons &....nothing. In fact, we had about 6-7 people still alive for most of the fight & they just turtled it.

I would *love* for LFR to simply be a queable version of normal (same ilvl loot) with the wipe stacking buff and have a shared lockout with normal/fixed raid size/personal loot only ...essentially what LFR was in terms of difficulty in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Those people wouldn't have joined heroic/mythic raiding even if LFR didn't exist.
    Yes they would. I quit mythic riading speciyl beocuse of LFR. I just dont see point doing anything above LFR. It is exact same content and challenge really isnt enough for me to put so many hours into mythic. Remove difficulty levels and i will start bother with mythic again. When you are done with LFR you are done with the game. Higher difficulty doesnt offer anything new but bigger numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Actually no, Durumu killed people with the maze.

However, there were always 8 or so players that DIDN'T die to the maze, and those 8 could then carry the rest to a kill due to the boss doing fuck all in terms of damage outside of said maze.
    = if you can kill such boss with 8 players then it is still joke difficutly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yes they would. I quit mythic riading speciyl beocuse of LFR. I just dont see point doing anything above LFR. It is exact same content and challenge really isnt enough for me to put so many hours into mythic. Remove difficulty levels and i will start bother with mythic again. When you are done with LFR you are done with the game. Higher difficulty doesnt offer anything new but bigger numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

= if you can kill such boss with 8 players then it is still joke difficutly.
    Of course it is, but doesn't change the fact that it's been entirely possible to die in LFR.

You might not think so, but you were on your way out of mythic raiding anyway. LFR just made it easier for you to step away. If it were removed you might come back for a little bit, but the same things that led you to decide LFR would be enough would still be there, and you'd step away again.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    I understand, some people just need to spit stuff out and forums are a place to do it.

Others are just trolls with a lot of time on their hands, I get that too.

What I struggle to believe is that so many people don't understand that if you remove LFR, WoW will lose more subs than it did during Warlords of Draenor.

Blizzard didn't admit how much it hurt them - because big boys don't show weakness like that - but it did, and they improved, dramatically.

LFR is for people who do LFR (sometimes just LFR, that's it).

It's not a "raiding intro mode", and it has nothing to do with elitists who think it offends their skill level. It shouldn't. Because as many people pointed out above - there are other difficulty levels to flex your muscles and teenage epeen.

Leave LFR topic alone.

Pray to Dear Lord that Blizzard doesn't remove it, because the game will become a barren wasteland and a congregation of sulky elitists who will then move on to discussing how carebears and welfare loot entitled babies left the game. Regardless of what would drive that exodus - TONS OF PEOPLE PLAY LFR and pay for WoW's development.

Not Methods' and Exorsus' of the World.

It's us, LFR nobodies, there's tons of us and we pay for our game. Not the 3%.

Want to kill WoW for good? Remove LFR.
    Atcualy LFR make players quit as they feel they re done with the game. But keep telling yourself how LFR is reason why players keep playing. Not like it completly removes any incentive to raid but ok. Keep it in game so players like me can press button faceroll ulmiate lore bosess and quit becouse you know we finished game. Raiding is not supostu be accessible for everyone period. Raiding scene was far healthier without difficulty levels. Now it is just bunch of toxic pile of ****.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You might not think so, but you were on your way out of mythic raiding anyway. LFR just made it easier for you to step away. If it were removed you might come back for a little bit, but the same things that led you to decide LFR would be enough would still be there, and you'd step away again.
    No i wasnt. Since LFR came out i star questioning myself why i even bother to do mythic. Whats the point when i can see everything in LFR. What does mythic gave me other than beter gear. I see same bosses, same lore, same raid. Do i really want spend my time on content jsut to get gear with higher numbers what will get absolote next patch anyway? No i dont. So i quit. I was raiding to see content and i really liked feel of beating exlusive content what only few could see. It was exciting to stand in fron of new fresh boss what only few could kill. It pushed me into raiding like nothing els. I wanted to beat those guys becouse exlusive content what i still didnt saw is like engine what pushed me into raiding.¨

i was raiding for this exact reason https://youtu.be/w8ac2sQHJLI?t=102
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2017-07-29 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    LFR used to be hard. It used to be great. That was in MoP. It was fun. 10 wipes on the fucking bird, of course. Complete fuck-up with that Garalon dude? Awesome. Now it's just useless shit

I hope this is sarcasm, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why not? The stated purpose of LFR is tourist mode, it exists so people can see the raid.
    Because you're not actually playing the game at that point...

No i wasnt. Since LFR came out i star questioning myself why i even bother to do mythic. Whats the point when i can see everything in LFR. What does mythic gave me other than beter gear. I see same bosses, same lore, same raid. Do i really want spend my time on content jsut to get gear with higher numbers what will get absolote next patch anyway? No i dont. So i quit. I was raiding to see content and i really liked feel of beating exlusive content what only few could see. It was exciting to stand in fron of new fresh boss what only few could kill. It pushed me into raiding like nothing els. I wanted to beat those guys becouse exlusive content what i still didnt saw is like engine what pushed me into raiding.¨

i was raiding for this exact reason https://youtu.be/w8ac2sQHJLI?t=102
    Sounds to me like the other guy is right, you were on your way out but you simply didn't realize it at that time. There were already multiple difficulties of the same raids before LFR came out. That was introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. The concept started with Ulduar having hard modes for certain bosses, and then Trial of the Crusader introduced the equivalent of the Mythic lockout. Ulduar had one exclusive boss, Trial had none and ICC only had an extra phase for Lich King. Then in Cataclysm, only Bastion had an exclusive boss, Throne and Blackwing Descent didn't have one. Ragnaros only had an exclusive phase, and Dragon Soul had nothing.

The whole idea of exclusive things being ruined by LFR doesn't hold much water when they only had 2 extra bosses and 2 extra phases in the span of 2 expansions. Your reasons to stop have nothing to do with LFR, you could have easily wondered why you were bothering with Heroic/mythic just by doing normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    If people are willing to pay their sub to just watch bosses die, that's fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's a natural and logical consequence of three things:

(1) Blizzard wants the end game to revolve around raiding,

(2) A large segment of the player population will not participate in organized raiding, and

(3) Unorganized raiding does not function with any but a very limited amount of difficulty.

Tell me, how would YOU design the game given these constraints?
    And yet MoP LFR was more involving than this and worked reasonably well. There's no point in having encounters where you eliminate mechanics and basically just DPS each boss. Some things should matter - standing in pools meant to damage you and needing very little healing etc was silly.

I'm not thinking of one shot mechanics but encounters like Durumu, Lei Shen, Dark Shamans, etc. Easily doable if you did the basics right but fatal if you didn't pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But there's still the question of getting into the groups in the first place. Lack of Curve and sub 910 itemlevel will make it hard.
    910 is easy though, if you invest any effort at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    What happens in LFR can only loosely be described as "playing the game".
    If there are no consequences to which button you mash..

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Why do those 'LFR scrubs' even need gear that can TF so high?
    Because Blizz decided that all WQ, dungeon, and raid gear would have the same chance to titanforge to the same high cap.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Dunno if this has been brought up already but here's this thing:

LFR, for small servers like mine, is one of the biggest contributor to recruit new players. It's a useful tool in a way as it lures guys that eventually want to try the real thing.

Problem with the latest wing 2 and 3 from LFR is that its not just downtuned; it literally lacks piece of meaningful fight.

Desolate Host, Maiden, Avatar for example miss the most important mechanic. I don't remember if Mistress do the hydrashot; prolly not.

From a recruitment POV; that's honestly a bad call from the devs.