Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanpls View Post
    Ignore them. The people that are still bringing it up just want their two cents put in to feel right and put other's down. Thanks for being humble early on and admitting you didn't know and that you made the mistake, that's appreciated. You are better than they are.
    I didn't put in any two cents. I said don't be surprised that you're getting called out for being wrong. I didn't call him out for it either, just saying he shouldn't be surprised.

He was also being rude towards someone else because they stated something he didn't like which is why I said that. Not very humble mate, but whatever floats your boat.

OT: I doubt it's for the next expansion. Probably something for 7.3/7.3.5 if that's a thing. If it is next expansion though that's hype
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-07-29 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And a big patch is not a new game.... But a bigger patch you pay for called. An expansion. Is a new game.. Whut?
    Because an expansion is a lot bigger than a big patch. Unless said expansion is WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Because an expansion is a lot bigger than a big patch. Unless said expansion is WoD
    but its not a "new game"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but its not a "new game"
    For MMOs, an expansion is a lot like a new game. Gamescom is generally for new games, expansions, and large DLC. Definitely not for a patch that only current players and lore nerds like myself might get excited about. Gamescom is where you'd go to show a wider audience 'this is something big we're doing' and then blizzcon can go into the details.

The Legion reveal was very successful (hell, it got me back into the game after a three month break). I can see them doing that again. Especially as I predict a july-september release for the next expansion. Legion was announced almost exactly a year before it came out.

Since expansions are very linear now I don't see how they can announce something without spoiling the ending of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Since expansions are very linear now I don't see how they can announce something without spoiling the ending of this expansion.
    Even if they announce it at Blizzcon that will be before we can see the ending of the expansion, since the raid won't open for awhile after 7.3.

And if they don't want a content drought and want to keep their word about regular content like they've been doing all along, we're going to see the next expansion ~august 2018. Which means beta sooner rather than later.

Depending on when they release 7.3 and 7.3.5 will tell us if we'll get a 7.4 of some kind, as I don't actually expect them to go longer than 6 to 8 months between the 7.3 raid opening up and the prepatch.

Personally I want to see 7.3 land mid-september, and 7.3.5 to drop in January, then 8.0 in July and expansion in August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Even if they announce it at Blizzcon that will be before we can see the ending of the expansion, since the raid won't open for awhile after 7.3.

And if they don't want a content drought and want to keep their word about regular content like they've been doing all along, we're going to see the next expansion ~august 2018. Which means beta sooner rather than later.

Depending on when they release 7.3 and 7.3.5 will tell us if we'll get a 7.4 of some kind, as I don't actually expect them to go longer than 6 to 8 months between the 7.3 raid opening up and the prepatch.

Personally I want to see 7.3 land mid-september, and 7.3.5 to drop in January, then 8.0 in July and expansion in August.
    You do know about the 77 days between patches right? I highly doubt we will get a content drought this time around.
    If we do then blizzard really has dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by FlanFran View Post
    You do know about the 77 days between patches right? I highly doubt we will get a content drought this time around.
    If we do then blizzard really has dropped the ball.
    I know about that. I'm just not going to hold my breath until we get a release date for 8.0. I THINK they'll make it without a large drought (they've certainly proven it so far0, but there's that doubt at the back of my mind.

If that holds up we'll get a 7.4 at the end of January. Drop a 7.4.5 in april, and then the prepatch at the beginning of July. (which was my original assumption for argus's patch a long time ago). I'm curious what they'd do for that particular patch. I know they've expressed interest in another ToV type raid. What if they do that and a dungeon but it's content that's tied to the lore for the upcoming expansion instead. Like a lead-up? Unless they surprise us with a spring launch. That would be surprising to me.

I'm still expecting we're more likely to see the expansion announced rather than the 7.3 patch at gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I really doubt an expac reveal before all the lore in 7.3 is released.
    Cataclysm was announced before the ICC Patch info was even on the PTR. It could happen :P.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanpls View Post
    Come on, man. He admitted his mistake and said his bad. Why are so many people jumping down his throat in this thread when he relatively gracefully admitted he made the mistake and didn't know. The community here had a huge issue with not just letting things go. He said sorry, stop bringing up his early post quotes to try to further fuel a fire that was put out.
    Because jasonsmalldick1234 is annoying as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Why're you surprised people are calling you out on misinformation? You were corrected later on sure but you still stated wrong facts. People will of course call you out for that.
    I think there is a difference in calling someone out and getting rude towards someone. How you say something is setting the tone and there were many very impolite posts towards him and that has no place in an online forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV both released an expansion last month, The Secret World was relaunched as Secret World Legends this month, A new Guild Wars 2 expansion will be revealed onn Tuesday, Rift announced it's latest expansion to be free for everyone now last month, and SWTOR will give players in the not so distant future a patch with a new customizable and fully functional train that doubles as housing.

It's Blizzard's turn to bring out the big guns.
    Well, not really. WoW is still bigger than those games combined. I mean sure Blizzard could announce something but it doesn't matter if it's Gamescom or Blizzcon.

The point is - many already said it - when they reveal the next expansion at Gamescom the focus lies on the next expansion until it's released. That would put 7.3 and the entire Legion storyline they're building up since forever on the backburner - I don't see that happening. We (people who use websites like this to get information about 7.3) know what's happening but the majority of the playerbase doesn't. And that's why 7.3 and 7.3.5 have enough potential to carry Blizzard's WoW panel at Gamescom.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-30 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Why would they show a patch cinematic at gamescom? Also, Taliesen figured that out, not you.
    You're joking right?

77 day theory has been known for long before Taliesin brought it up a few days ago. He EVEN specifically says that in the video himself that this is old news.

It's obviously a "-insert expansion name here- feature overview". People already know everything there's to know about 7.3. You're kidding yourself if you think they'll dedicate gamescom to a patch that has been on the PTR for like a month already.

We literally already know how the expansion ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far i love Terran work in cinematics what he did, pls let he calm down.

Because we allready know, that next expansion will be focused on N'Zoth and Kul'Tiras, they gived allready too much hints.
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-07-30 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    We literally already know how the expansion ends.
    We = the players who go online and see what the next patch on the PTR has to offer
    "The others" = normal players who don't do that

Pretty sure "we" is the minority compared to "the others".

yes because cataclysm announcement spoiled what happaned in lich king fight, aswell as mop expansion spoiling end of cataclysm, and wrath og the lich king spoiling end of burning crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We = the players who go online and see what the next patch on the PTR has to offer
    "The others" = normal players who don't do that

Pretty sure "we" is the minority compared to "the others".
    "the others" don't matter to Blizzard. They expect everyone to pretty much know how a patch's story will end up unless they secure the end cinematic. In this case, we have the exact dialogue to know what happens. I just don't see your point at all. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    "the others" don't matter to Blizzard. They expect everyone to pretty much know how a patch's story will end up unless they secure the end cinematic. In this case, we have the exact dialogue to know what happens. I just don't see your point at all. Sorry.
    My point is that 7.3, Argus and the ending of Legion is still on the PTR when Gamescom happens and 99% of the playerbase haven't touched it yet. Pretty sure Blizzard doesn't care more for the 1% than the 99% (="the others").

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Nah. It's likely going to show the 7.3 Cinematic. Remember, Gamescom is early august, and they don't announce expansions, before releases of patches.
    Cataclysm was announced before the ICC patch released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    My point is that 7.3, Argus and the ending of Legion is still on the PTR when Gamescom happens and 99% of the playerbase haven't touched it yet. Pretty sure Blizzard doesn't care more for the 1% than the 99% (="the others").
    We already know how 7.3 ends from data mined dialogue. Without spoiling anything, it really doesn't lead into a new expansion. So yea, no. There is no Gul'Dan escaping draenor type hook here.