Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No. They expect me to have a gigantic boner for their comics because "Look minorities!". Good characters are good, regardless of gender or skin color.

If you need someone to look like you to enjoy them or connect, I can see why you jumped right to "OMG he only wants whites!".
    Yeah I never said that I want characters to look like me but that shows your lack of understanding so I'm gonna boil this down one last time. Read it, then like it or don't like it. Don't bitch and moan that they want you to not like anything that isn't black or gay.

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Yeah I never said that I want characters to look like me but that shows your lack of understanding so I'm gonna boil this down one last time. Read it, then like it or don't like it. Don't bitch and moan that they want you to not like anything that isn't black or gay.
    So again. You want to make this about white heroes. Huzzah.

So again. You want to make this about white heroes. Huzzah.
    Dude, you started this
    Can't like any character that isn't black and gay, I guess.
    So again, you have nothing, Huzzah.

Dude, you started this

Yes. I said that I'm apparently only allowed to like black and gay characters. Hence why they thought making black and gay characters would draw me in. Why would they think something like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you started this

And for fun.

you act like finding white protagonist is harder than finding arabs that aren't taxi drivers or terrorist. Chill out dude, your precious white protagonists are safe and sound for years to come.
    Yeah. I guess I mind controlled you and made you say this.

Yes. I said that I'm apparently only allowed to like black and gay characters. Hence why they thought making black and gay characters would draw me in. Why would they think something like that?

- - - Updated - - -

And for fun.

Yeah. I guess I mind controlled you and made you say this.
    they don't, YOU do.

This thread thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    No one is expecting that. You're imagining things. Perhaps they expect you to not bitch about it because it makes you sound racist. If you don't like the actor or the character itself, then criticize it for a legit reason. Getting mad and saying, "They just made them insert race here for more views!!!" Isn't a legit reason to dislike the character. You're just trying to mask your racist attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you only allowed to like black and gay characters? Who is saying this? Who do you think is saying this? Jesus you play the victim card so fucking much I'm surprised you have any cards left at all.
    Yay. Between you throwing racist at everything and other guy hitching about white heroes, you two are the perfect showcase of who they were being "diverse" for.

So, why do you think I hate my own race? Own up to your rhetoric.

Yay. Between you throwing racist at everything and other guy hitching about white heroes, you two are the perfect showcase of who they were being "diverse" for.

So, why do you think I hate my own race? Own up to your rhetoric.
    You dense...

Yes you hate your own race, that's it. God, there are walls that can understand and reply better than you. I mean how many times are we gonna repeat the same track with you until you come up with valid reply or argument. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40743946

It's a pretty long article so I won't quote it all especially as it has graphs BUT I do think it's a very interesting read and worth mentioning since it's very important both historically and socially
    well lets wait next 50 years now because if immigration from muslim countries isnt stopped we will end with kalifate in EU - and gay people will have as much rights as in saudi arabia. and thing like pc culture will be history .

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    My dumb story is that I'm Jewish, went to private Jewish school until Jr. High, and every day, EVERY fucking day we started with prayer at the school's synagogue for a solid hour or two (which was a huge waste of valuable school time). I remember skipping a few times, being caught, and even being given detention or worse despite it being a choice that I didn't want to go (because I fucking hated it; I'd rather have been learning).

Moral of all these stories is don't force religion or close-minded thoughts on your children. They will grow up to resent or not trust you.

Then what exactly is the common ground between not being heterosexual and not being cisgender?

Pretty much everything I'd fight for and want as a cisgendered homosexual has nothing to do with the goals and desires of a transgendered heterosexual* person.

* I guess this is the confusing connecting bit?
    Now there is less and less common ground. Go back 20 years or more and that is less true. Being transgender even 15 years ago was looked on as a mental issue by many, certainly not a valid way to live. Sometimes the common ground was only all parties involved felt they weren't allowed to be who they felt they were or wanted to be so people that dealt with similar struggles banded together. It is a hot muddled mess as so many unique people lump together as one mass. With people fighting to be recognized as being different while fighting to be treated the same there are going to be obstacles.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You didn't actually refute anything I said. Make an actual argument for why having a certain race or introducing a gay character makes the character worse. You're attempting to criticize them by essentially saying they don't actually care but they want more views. It's just silly. It's like saying someone who donates to charity doesn't actually care it just makes them feel better about themselves.

What does that even mean? "Own up to your rhetoric" What rhetoric? I'm telling you that your claim that you're expecting to "worship" someone because of them trying to make a movie or show or comic or whatever more diverse is nonsense. No one is expecting you to even like them. We're just expecting you to not dislike them simply because of their race or sexuality. Otherwise, you would be racist. Do you not understand that?

Think about it this way, if for whatever reason they decided superman is black now and his entire race he came from is now black, does that actually change anything about the character himself? Obviously not. I think it would be a silly thing to do at this point and the criticism of making drastic changes is valid and it would be better to just introduce new characters if they want to be diverse. Which the latter is what they do. Either way, in my hypothetical there would still be no reason to now dislike the character if you liked the character before because literally the only that changed is the color of his skin. Every single other thing about the character is fine. You can dislike the people who made the change perhaps, but there's a difference.
    Oh, I don't dislike them for being gay or black. But I'm not filled with this need to see something because there's a black person in it. Which is part of The reason people pretend they care about diversity.

I like the Force Awakens. I like Finn. I like John Boyega. The fact that Finn is black is fucking meaningless to the movie. But certain critics, fans and people in Hollywood probably think I would care about this movie because there was a black character. That's fucking stupid.

And that's where Hollywood is going to go. Fuck good characters and actor choices. Just make every movie diverse. People complained about diversity in fucking DUNKIRK. Do you not see the problem here?

- - - Updated - - -

You dense...

Yes you hate your own race, that's it. God, there are walls that can understand and reply better than you. I mean how many times are we gonna repeat the same track with you until you come up with valid reply or argument. I doubt it.
    Go back to complaining about white protagonists if you can't see the other person I'm talking to call me racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    This is how gay rights have changed in the UK

My Father in the 1980s: FUCKING POOFS WHY ARE THEY ON MY TV!!!

My Father now: Meh
    This honestly cracked me up, because it's exactly what my father was like, sat muttering at the TV through his retirement up till his death by alcohol pickling his bladder "Fucking poofs, Fucking Nig*ers", he never reached a stag oh 'meh' before he died. I'm really glad the old bastards dead tbh
    #boycottchina

Oh, I don't dislike them for being gay or black. But I'm not filled with this need to see something because there's a black person in it. Which is part of The reason people pretend they care about diversity.

I like the Force Awakens. I like Finn. I like John Boyega. The fact that Finn is black is fucking meaningless to the movie. But certain critics, fans and people in Hollywood probably think I would care about this movie because there was a black character. That's fucking stupid.

And that's where Hollywood is going to go. Fuck good characters and actor choices. Just make every movie diverse. People complained about diversity in fucking DUNKIRK. Do you not see the problem here?

- - - Updated - - -

Go back to complaining about white protagonists if you can't see the other person I'm talking to call me racist.
    I knew you won't disappoint. So let's roll back the tape. I wasn't complaining about white protagonist because it was you who brought up not liking anything that isn't black or gay. Deflecting it more than once just makes won't hide the fact that you messed up with the one. He called you racist, true, what does that have to do with hating your own race. I'm breaking it down for you so can see that you are not really providing much argument.

Your approach to Gay/blacks in entertainment should be more like how you approached star wars. If think you they did this because of potential viewership then you already lost by making an assumption.

I knew you won't disappoint. So let's roll back the tape. I wasn't complaining about white protagonist because it was you who brought up not liking anything that isn't black or gay. Deflecting it more than once just makes won't hide the fact that you messed up with the one. He called you racist, true, what does that have to do with hating your own race. I'm breaking it down for you so can see that you are not really providing much argument.

Your approach to Gay/blacks in entertainment should be more like how you approached star wars. If think you they did this because of potential viewership then you already lost by making an assumption.
    And where did I state they were terrible for being gay? I said I hated people making minority characters purely because I'm supposed to like them for being a minority. Why would it matter? Because the studios and audiences are talking about "diversity".

And calling people racist usually means they hate a race of people. So, I want to know why I supposedly hate my own race since he's going to make that accusation.

And where did I state they were terrible for being gay? I said I hated people making minority characters purely because I'm supposed to like them for being a minority. Why would it matter? Because the studios and audiences are talking about "diversity".

And calling people racist usually means they hate a race of people. So, I want to know why I supposedly hate my own race since he's going to make that accusation.
    Yes I understand. I'm telling you that making the assumption that they did it because they thought people would like it is not the way to go about it. It easily transforms into "I'm not watching it because they have gay or black dude in it". Even if they did do that intentionally, that doesn't mean the characters or the story lines will turn out to be bad.

Calling people racist USUALLY means hating, not always. Like said, your assumptions are what is hurting you.

Yes I understand. I'm telling you that making the assumption that they did it because they thought people would like it is not the way to go about it. It easily transforms into "I'm not watching it because they have gay or black dude in it". Even if they did do that intentionally, that doesn't mean the characters or the story lines will turn out to be bad.

Calling people racist USUALLY means hating, not always. Like said, your assumptions are what is hurting you.
    I've never actually avoided a movie based on black characters being on there. I thought people flipping out so much over black Johnny Storm were stupid. But I thought so were the people making out like it improved the character. They didn't. When you can post any ethnicity in that spot, it reeks of pointless. (Really, everyone was low energy. If Michael B Jordan put up a performance like I'm used to, it wouldn't have looked so stupid in hindsight.)

Ghostbusters. Everyone was stupid during that. The studio was still stupid for overhyping the women lead to the point people were crying sexism, including the director and leads, if someone genuinely didn't like the trailer.

I don't hate the people in the movies/making the movies or comics. I don't like the stupid ideas being pushed trying to win minorities by people funding, and sometimes making, the comics.

And I want him to tell me why I'm racist. I need to figure out what slurs to call people.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typical mmo champion thread with mods letting shit slide. Bash, religion and prayer and it's fine. Say anything against being gay and here come the infractions. It's almost like these biased mods use these threads as bait to get people with opposite opinions to post so they can shit all over them.

Deleted
    My biggest concern about gays is this: there would be a future for mankind if everyone was heterosexual, but the mankind would be doomed if everyone was gay. Everyone can read this under different light i guess, but its pretty much a fact that the human race is based on the mix of a female+male, not both of the same sex.

So, while I do agree that no one should be bashed or penalized just because of his/her sexual views, ill never agree that being gay is like being heterosexual, because one thing leads to extincion of our race, the other does not, and i belive that mother nature is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wow, who pissed in your cheerios?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This honestly cracked me up, because it's exactly what my father was like, sat muttering at the TV through his retirement up till his death by alcohol pickling his bladder "Fucking poofs, Fucking Nig*ers", he never reached a stag oh 'meh' before he died. I'm really glad the old bastards dead tbh
    Clearly we both had the same dads though iam straight we both knew what it was like to have our fathers scream at the tvs back in the day.

But it trully is funny cause back in the 80s-90s if julian clary came on stage you could literally see the hackles go up on my dads back but now with him and me living in America he now supports gay marriage though i suspect its because he loves to stick it to those fundies thats always been my dad.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-07-30 at 08:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yo Trassk, what are your general feelings on LGBT being lumped together as a group? I'm asking because I've been starting to get the feeling from gay friends that maybe they're not really all that down for fighting for trans things, or at least don't necessarily want it all bound up in the same package. Seems complicated to me and it's outside my general sphere o' knowledge, so just asking because I've seen you give generally thoughtful posts on gay rights and I'm curious to get a couple more data points on how people are thinking about it.
    I did use to be someone who would march in gay prides in london and go to big pride events. It made sense back then, gays, lesbians, trans, bi sexual, they were all a similar group of people faced with being oppressed and needing to fight for the same rights that everyone else had. And I'd say it even still works because in other places around the world it hasn't progressed to the same level it has in the west, places like russia, the middle east, and especially places like Chechnya today, it helps to show people who are facing oppression their is a place for them to be if they decide to leave their fucked up country.
    But to lump everyone into one group just seems more of a convenience then what make makes sense, being trans has its own things to overcome, and i'll always support anyone wanting to gender change if it makes them happy, or who doesn't want to go with gender they were born as.

My problem today is they certain far left groups are wanting to push this ultra pc message of the LGBT (including loads of added gender types into it which makes no fucking sense), while at the same time attacking anyone who isn't part of that pc collective, anyone whos white, straight, male, western, they call them the enemy and are so blind to the fact of their own pc narrative, they don't even see the problems they are creating, like those wanting more and more middle eastern fighting age men into the west because its 'pc' and your a 'cis-white-male' if you don't kiss every refugees asshole.
    #boycottchina