Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Just hopped on after this thread to try it out! Was hoping it was better. MVP, losing team, top hero/siege dmg. Laned, went to every objective. Didn't type a word, didn't ping.
    Called a bad, a shithead, and I should uninstall. It's totally me. lol. Oh well.
    Getting MVP is a combination of least deaths and most stats, it doesn't factor in how good of a team player you are. If you don't communicate at all including pings why do you even have chat enabled?

And as i said before as in your own words that it is happening in the majority of your games that people start being toxic towards you then yes, YOU are doing something in most cases that lures out that response.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Can anyone explain what Medivh does apart from fly around as a bird?

Legitimately yet to have a game where I didn't feel like it was 5v4 if their team has Medivh, the guy seems more an observer

Anyone link a high level game where he achieves anything significant in the game that any other hero could have achieved more easily?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yBgevpfDGM

so in this game medivh essentially acts as an enabler for his team. He finds the enemy and then portals to a position where his team can cut them off. His ult is used in the same way zeratul uses his essentially... to allow a coordinated engage or to disable certain heroes in a team fight. You'll notice portal is used to get strong engages as well as maximize the amount of time they are fighting before they disengage. There is no awkward running away time after punisher fights because they just portal out and can't be caught. Important to note is that medivh doesn't die. at level 7 medivh should be taking master's touch. He needs to hit 30 heroes without dying as this one talent is where most of his damage comes from, from this point until he hits 30 heroes he has to play safe (although he can still enable his team to play very aggressively).

The key is that medivh allows for very aggressive play that no other hero really does, but it takes extreme team coordination to pull it off properly. Even many pro teams don't run him often because it takes a lot of practice around just that 1 specific hero to make him work. Glaurung and team 8 are generally pretty good with medivh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Getting MVP is a combination of least deaths and most stats, it doesn't factor in how good of a team player you are. If you don't communicate at all including pings why do you even have chat enabled?

And as i said before as in your own words that it is happening in the majority of your games that people start being toxic towards you then yes, YOU are doing something in most cases that lures out that response.
    Why in the world would I have to talk to people in a game that has pop up notification that tell you where and when you are needed at all times? The whole point of trying it again was to stay quiet, do what I was supposed to, and see if I got shit on... and surprise surprise...
    And where did I say the majority of games...? I said hots. Of course sometimes I see shitty people in other games being shitty, but I said hots was the hot spot for it. YOU seem to have a PROBLEM with READING. (EMPHASIS)
    I love the "people are rarely toxic for no reason" bit about hots too, considering this is the only game I saw multiple people openly and casually discussing throwing matches just to piss other people off in general and in match chat.
    I don't even know why we're arguing about this. I don't really care at the end of the day, the game was free, I had some fun, other people ruined it. I'd like to play more, but the players are intolerable. This thread asked what the game was like, I answered with what the game was like for me. Why would I make up encountering toxic players in a free moba?
    plays hots
    likes hots
    other players troll every match
    quit hots
    tell other people about it
    ???
    profit
    It's a mad scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the world would I have to talk to people in a game that has pop up notification that tell you where and when you are needed at all times? The whole point of trying it again was to stay quiet, do what I was supposed to, and see if I got shit on... and surprise surprise...
    And where did I say the majority of games...? I said hots. Of course sometimes I see shitty people in other games being shitty, but I said hots was the hot spot for it. YOU seem to have a PROBLEM with READING. (EMPHASIS)
    I love the "people are rarely toxic for no reason" bit about hots too, considering this is the only game I saw multiple people openly and casually discussing throwing matches just to piss other people off in general and in match chat.
    I don't even know why we're arguing about this. I don't really care at the end of the day, the game was free, I had some fun, other people ruined it. I'd like to play more, but the players are intolerable. This thread asked what the game was like, I answered with what the game was like for me. Why would I make up encountering toxic players in a free moba?
    plays hots
    likes hots
    other players troll every match
    quit hots
    tell other people about it
    ???
    profit
    It's a mad scheme.
    hots is not more or less toxic than other moba's or online games, you're going to run into this problem everywhere.

hots is not more or less toxic than other moba's or online games, you're going to run into this problem everywhere.
    Cool, thanks for letting me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, thanks for letting me know.
    If you don't believe me go play LoL or Dota2, once you get beyond the tutorials and have most modes unlocked you'll experience the samething. HoTS might seem that you get it more since their mmr system is all over the place and you can get anything from bronze to diamond ranked people in QM since every game mode has their own mmr.

There's a very simple solution to this, stop playing online games or grow thicker skin / learn to simply ignore it.

If you don't believe me go play LoL or Dota2, once you get beyond the tutorials and have most modes unlocked you'll experience the samething. HoTS might seem that you get it more since their mmr system is all over the place and you can get anything from bronze to diamond ranked people in QM since every game mode has their own mmr.

There's a very simple solution to this, stop playing online games or grow thicker skin / learn to simply ignore it.
    Ok, so I said in a previous post in this thread that I played both of those games. And you just said hots might be more toxic because xxx.
    Wtf is this? Go argue with someone else. I don't want to argue. I want to talk about video games. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I said in a previous post in this thread that I played both of those games. And you just said hots might be more toxic because xxx.
    Wtf is this? Go argue with someone else. I don't want to argue. I want to talk about video games. Bye.
    For someone who does not want to argue you keep on contributing to keep the argument going.

As I said, I get a toxic person sometimes, but it's not especially common(LoL was much worse, WoW was worse, and shooters, oh god I didn't even mention shooters), and I've been playing since release. Other people's experience seems to match mine more than yours. So, are we all lucky, are you really unluckly, or could it be like that other guy said, and it's something you're doing, specifically?

Deleted
    Usually play as a spec (Xul, Nazeebo etc) so my first priority is laning for exp. Use my own judgement when to enter TFs. New players call you noob, delete hots etc time to time, but quickly silence them after we win with level advantage. So the chat isn't really needed for communication so much, at least in the lower leagues. The game can be quite toxic but just ignore it, fun either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If you have a friend, give cho'gall a try in QM. He's a lot of fun. Most QM players can't deal, and try to play solo against him, forgetting that he's not just one player.
    QM? Since the day I made this thread I managed to get into QM exactly once. I'm not willing to waste 10 minutes on a queue.

And yeah, although HotS is getting worse, it's far from LoL level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Cheers guys, now when I still feel like Medivh is only an observer I can back it up with the knowledge that he COULD have been good if the user wasn't the R word :P

Thanks for taking the time tho, both good clips

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    QM? Since the day I made this thread I managed to get into QM exactly once. I'm not willing to waste 10 minutes on a queue.

And yeah, although HotS is getting worse, it's far from LoL level yet.
    QM = Quick Match. As in, queues are about 10 seconds long and have been for weeks because the matchmaker just don't give a shit no mo' ...

10 minute queues? Are you heavily silenced/constantly ditching games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    I've met far more asshats in MMOs and shooters than in mobas. Especially in GTA V. But, you kind of know what you're signing up for when you play GTA Online.
    These people chatting about toxicity in MOBAs and MMOs .... do they not FPS ever? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Cheers guys, now when I still feel like Medivh is only an observer I can back it up with the knowledge that he COULD have been good if the user wasn't the R word :P

Thanks for taking the time tho, both good clips
    He's a hard hero to play. It's easy to play him wrong and if you do, he's almost useless. I'd only recommend him for organized play.

You're not good enough to talk about video games. If someone trolling makes you lose, you're the issue and both of you should be perma banned.

Warning: chill, be happy, slay nerds in game, be civil on the forums
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    QM = Quick Match. As in, queues are about 10 seconds long and have been for weeks because the matchmaker just don't give a shit no mo' ...

10 minute queues? Are you heavily silenced/constantly ditching games?
    Nope. I've never been banned, never left a game. And yet the quick match queue is so awfuly long. Unranked takes a minute at max (usually around 20sec)

As to fps - I've only played Paladins. The community isn't bad but the game will never leave OB because with every new release the number of bugs and crashes is only getting higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Nope. I've never been banned, never left a game. And yet the quick match queue is so awfuly long. Unranked takes a minute at max (usually around 20sec)
    What region are you from? I don't remember the last time I had a queue longer than 5 mins in Europe and that was in like obscure times (very early in the morning or very late in the night in weekdays etc) and with stealth heroes (they seem to be the worst for that). Unranked is typically faster though, I agree there (and it's only logical since it doesn't have to match compositions).

I'm in EU myself and since I started playing a bit more (5-8 games a day, QM only) I've barely had a queue over 30 seconds and most have been under 10. What sorcery is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I'm EU too, don't play at unusual times and I've tried with all kind of heroes. The only time I got into a match via QM was on Malfurion I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with matchmaking is in every game, is impossible to balance it, so why people complain?

I playing in EU for 2 years, since end of open beta. But i can tell you, now i enjoy HOTS more than was in 1.0. But still is much to change.