Wink Mistweaver 7.3 Spell animations

Hey guys, do you know if there is any plan to update ours spell or cast animation in the upcoming 7.3 patch? i'm seeing all the caster spec (beside lock) being reworked but cant find anything about us.

do they really need them thou ? monks already have a very unique set of animation solely for their class

Quote Originally Posted by antico View Post
    do they really need them thou ? monks already have a very unique set of animation solely for their class
    isn't the only unique spell animation used for soothing mist channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Monks are relatively new class in WoW and Blizzard just changed things like Arcane Explosion which was the same for more than 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by antico View Post
    The other casters are getting unique casting animations for each spell. All of ours use the same animation, which would put us behind everyone else (once they update the others, of course!).

Plus, Essence Font is one of the laziest spell animations in the game. It's literally the old Zen Sphere with Chi Waves coming out of it. Imagine how cool it would look for the monk to be spinning around, causing a jade tornado, and gusts of that tornado traveling to each ally.

Deleted
    Monks do have unique animation, but for some reason majority of spells continue to use default animations with looks horrible, especially when you transition from normal cast to soothing mist channel.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With Monks having some unique casts I don't honestly expect anything new for them any time soon. The purpose of the upcoming ones to Shaman/Priest/Mages/Druid is to update from the 2004 (or Vanilla, whenever it was released) versions and give each spec something unique to them.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    With Monks having some unique casts I don't honestly expect anything new for them any time soon. The purpose of the upcoming ones to Shaman/Priest/Mages/Druid is to update from the 2004 (or Vanilla, whenever it was released) versions and give each spec something unique to them.
    Yeah! i though that, maybe as a feature for next expansion! Holy Paladin and Warlocks aren't getting updates so... we hopefully get update with them too.

I really like the MW spell animation (vivify, TFT, SM), some of them are just "meh" but I think we really need a rework in the cast animations. Some spells of those classes are only getting a new cast animation not a spell animation (e.g. Druid).
    Last edited by erpox; 2017-07-31 at 11:52 PM.

warlocks are getting updates next round (not 7.3), holy paladin hopefully too, their animations are crap.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    If they do, they'll probably be the last ones to get it since their animations are already fairly new. I doubt they will though.

Monks already have a very unique martial arts animation for all 3 specs that no other class has.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If they do, they'll probably be the last ones to get it since their animations are already fairly new. I doubt they will though.

Monks already have a very unique martial arts animation for all 3 specs that no other class has.
    Monks do have unique animations for Windwalker and Brewmaster, but Mistweaver uses default animation for casting, except for channeling Soothing Mist and Essence Font. We didn't even get a "casting stance" like the others. I do hope they improve a little bit

I'd really love to see an update for Mistweaver animations, at least for the animations that don't change from the default. I don't see that happening for a while though, since monks are so new