Deleted
    Did anyone even mention SB killing KJ? Well they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    As others said, that's on you. That there are advantages in running the content on 2 different difficulties doesn't mean you're forced to do so. Nobody who raids is ''forced'' to do all that much unless you're pushing for world firsts which comprises 1% of 1% of the playerbase.
    As I tried to explain in the post above yours it really isnt that simple. The idea of an RPG is that you improve your character by completing quests, raiding stuff, grinding the world etc. The goal of an RPG is to build a strong character and the fun from an RPG for the majority of the players comes from making their character stronger and stronger. Therefore there is silent pressure in an RPG to complete any task that makes your character stronger. The fact you dont 'have' to, doesnt mean you dont feel pressured to do it anyway because it's a quick and easy way to make your character stronger. I am aware that I dont 'have to' do anything in life if I dont want to (except following the law), I am aware that I dont have to click that Battle.net app to start up WoW, I am aware I dont 'have to' do anything once I enter that World of Warcraft. But the fact me as a simple heroic pugger that isnt even raiding with a guild feel pressured to run normal because its a quick and easy way to get some upgrades feels wrong to me because it simply isn't fun at all to play the content way below my playlevel.

So my point is simple, content below your level of play (aka LFR for a normal raider, normal for a heroic raider, and heroic for a mythic raider shouldn't be an efficient way to gear your character. There is plenty of other grind content in WoW and raid content should NOT be one of them. Raid content is supposed to provide a challenge. Farm content can easily be the great array of other content available in WoW.

You (and others) feel penalized by separate lockouts? OK, but the majority of raiders actually are penalized by shared lockouts, not too many raiders stick to one difficulty alone per toon. And I doubt having several difficulties open contributes to burnout significantly; an overly long tier or overly demanding farming outside of the raid (like the AP situation pre-Concordance) burns out people far more than smashing through Normal on an off day once they've done Heroic.
    Claiming to know what the majority of raiders thinks or wants is silly. You simply dont know this. You can claim to know how YOU feel about it, and thats exactly what I claim, how I feel about it.

The thing is though, you're running those extra difficulties because you want the rewards now. By only running the difficulties you want, chances are you'll end up near the same position, only it will take longer.

Which leads to an adult decision, is doing something I dont want to do worth the potential rewards at the end, or would I rather not do it and wait.

You're asking Blizz to enforce the 2nd option for everybody because you picked #1 and dont enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    The thing is though, you're running those extra difficulties because you want the rewards now. By only running the difficulties you want, chances are you'll end up near the same position, only it will take longer.

Which leads to an adult decision, is doing something I dont want to do worth the potential rewards at the end, or would I rather not do it and wait.

You're asking Blizz to enforce the 2nd option for everybody because you picked #1 and dont enjoy it.
    Your argument is as strong as the argument 'if you dont enjoy the game don't play it'. And the fact you simply disregard time in your argument as 'only it will take longer' completely invalidates your argument to begin with.

This isn't about adult decisions, this is about the fact that the most efficient way towards gear is to run the same raid content multiple times including on a level that is completely faceroll and provides no challenge whatsoever for you. I believe this is failed design.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    This isn't about adult decisions, this is about the fact that the most efficient way towards gear is to run the same raid content multiple times including on a level that is completely faceroll and provides no challenge whatsoever for you. I believe this is failed design.
    You have gear from lower difficulty drop titanforged to be better so yes it is an adult decision to see how slim the chances are and just not do it if you don't want to.

Running lower difficulty is only in the first two ids somehow efficient for getting tear set for the bonus, after that it's just gambling for titanforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Did anyone even mention SB killing KJ? Well they did.
    Always a pleasure to see that Guild do so well !
    They've been consistent for a long time now.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I'm so glad mythic raiding has kind of died out. It seems this new age hardcore mythic raiding requires way more planning/effort/organization/grinding than say heroic raiding from wotlk, cata or even mop. I didn't care to raid back in vanilla/bc so it's hard to compare to then.

Your argument is as strong as the argument 'if you dont enjoy the game don't play it'. And the fact you simply disregard time in your argument as 'only it will take longer' completely invalidates your argument to begin with.

And almost nobody does things the most efficient way all the time. Most players will seek some efficiency, until they're bored and do something else. That's common behavior. AP is a good example, as even when the grind was more rewarding than it is now far from everyone did the efficient things, that is to say chain run Maw of Souls ad nauseum. Same with running multiple difficulties, most who do run them separate days, sometimes with separate groups. It's only those who want to that run Heroic 6-7 times per week. And that lasts for how long anyway? 2 week? 3? It's not a huge issue.

It is better to have a wealth of options for everyone, from the dedicated and super efficient to the guy who may not raid one week and clear three difficulties the next week, or the casual guild who raids two times per week and has just started to enter Heroic after finishing Normal. Enforcing a shared lockouts just robs everyone of their preferred options because of the actions of a few. THAT's not good design. Nerf TF and the problem mostly goes away. We had the exact same loot rules in WoD and nobody complained about split runs then, because WF was a much more limited system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    We had the exact same loot rules in WoD and nobody complained about split runs then, because WF was a much more limited system.
    Gotta love history revisionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    Gotta love history revisionists.
    The ''outcry'' was nothing like what you heard in Legion, and I don't remember top guilds bitching about it then proposing systems that would shaft most raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol people have been bitching about split runs since dragon soul my guy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

And why should we disregard "if you don't enjoy the game don't play it"? That is the single most important thing about gaming, play what you enjoy. I used to enjoy rift back when it was sub, then it became some something I didn't enjoy anymore, so I... stopped playing it. Is it really that hard for people to stop doing something they don't like?

If I get bored of WoW for awhile I most certainly do not force my self to sit there and play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    confirmed memento kill after 22 hour sauna break
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Gz to my boys @ Memento for world #7 kill! Torilla tavataan!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And why should we disregard "if you don't enjoy the game don't play it"? That is the single most important thing about gaming, play what you enjoy. I used to enjoy rift back when it was sub, then it became some something I didn't enjoy anymore, so I... stopped playing it. Is it really that hard for people to stop doing something they don't like?

If I get bored of WoW for awhile I most certainly do not force my self to sit there and play it.
    If I dislike something I provide feedback over it. There is nothing wrong with that, and the response 'dont play if you dont like it' is about as useless as it gets. It's not even an argument because you can give it as a response to ANY feedback provided to the game. 'You don't like ToS has a million Soak mechanics? Dont play'. 'You didnt like the legendary system at the start of legion? Dont play'. 'You dont like rogues are OP when it comes to soaking mechanics? Don't play'. 'You dont like warriors doing tons more damage then any other class? Dont play'.

If you start using the 'dont play if you dont like it' argument any form of discussion and feedback becomes void.

As I tried to explain there are a million things I dont enjoy in WoW yet still do because it helps my character grow stronger. Thats the basic idea of an RPG, perform a million tasks to grow yourself into a hero. Not all those tasks have to be fun, as long as you are happy with the end reward for your hero. So 'doing something you dont really enjoy, yet makes your hero stronger' is certainly something MANY players in WoW do. There is a lot of content in WoW that you don't do because its 'fun' but because its 'rewarding'. If you cant relate to this in any way then I guess you have a different mindset, but I refuse to believe that the majority of players in WoW only does content they truly enjoy and never do something they dont enjoy because there is a nice reward at the end.
    Last edited by willemh; 2017-07-31 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Has anybody seen Murica in this Mythic progress?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    Has anybody seen Murica in this Mythic progress?
    Yes! Miniaug from ScrubBusters got US first a few days back!

The live commentary of their kill is great midway through. When they explain their kill and strat, its obvious why these guys are #1. Some genius tactics there, specifically thee 2nd transition putting Kiljaeden in the corner to stack adds and knowing that illidan spawns 40 yards away, and then using a warlock portal. Geniuses.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post

The live commentary of their kill is great midway through. When they explain their kill and strat, its obvious why these guys are #1. Some genius tactics there, specifically thee 2nd transition putting Kiljaeden in the corner to stack adds and knowing that illidan spawns 40 yards away, and then using a warlock portal. Geniuses.
    When watching their kill I saw them put KJ in a corner and thought I saw the adds spawn closer and Illidan was closer - glad that was confirmed. Seems like a great way to ease that phase.

Deleted
    So far every kill has had 2 balance druids in it. Is there any other reason than DPS on Erupting adds / knockback "immunity"?