10+ Year Old Account
    Its official with Ninkovich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its official with Ninkovich.
    Yep. Sad days. Clearly was his time though. He mentioned being sore for a week after doing squats. That's definitely the time you need to step away.

This leaves the Patriots very young and very thin at edge and outside linebacker. I'm fairly confident in saying that there will likely be a veteran pick up in that area, if not in training camp then at roster cuts or during the season in a trade.

They can somewhat cover things if they give Kyle Van Noy more snaps and bring in some depth behind him, but I'm not seeing anyone on the roster that can reliably fill in his edge snaps. Geneo Grissom is seemingly taken those snaps at the moment, but he has not shown he's ready for such a role till now, so that would definitely be unexpected. He's been drafted fairly high, never got playing time, actually got cut last year and played on Practice Squad, so if he puts it together right now *just* as the Patriots have a need for him, that would be beyond fortuitous.

Then we have Kony Ealy (who's had some mystery issue and is not starting over Grissom) and 2 rookies. Trey Flowers is the only sure thing at the moment (and admittedly he's awesome, so that does help).

I'm going to hope that some team that changed defensive identity might have a linebacker or tweener DE that is an ill fit lying around to fit this hole in the roster for a late round pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder: we have our first football game August 3rd! Cowboys v Cardinals for HoF game.

Blood for the blood god!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Reminder: we have our first football game August 3rd! Cowboys v Cardinals for HoF game.

Blood for the blood god!
    It's a game, and I'll watch it, I always do when it's on, but it's a terrible game even where it concerns pre-season games. They literally put the game on small part of a split screen and spend time interviewing the HoF entrees.

I'm also not that interested in the 3rd and 4th stringers on the Cowboys and Cardinals depth chart...

...and I'll still watch it, cause it's football and it's BACK. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Read that Ninkovich had six penalties called on him his entire career. Pretty impressive.

Also, I'm off Thursday, so maybe the game will not be cancelled and be worth watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    McDowell pulls a Bumgarner, gets in ATV wreck. Now he may not play at all this season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Professional Full Contact Musical Chairs?

I'd watch it, depending on what music they used.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sad about Nink retiring, but respect to a guy that probably saw the posibility of being cut and/or just knowing he doesn't have it in him to go the whole season. He won a second super bowl last season as a still productive player, why not go out on top?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Between that and the Panthers thing, the media is on fire lately, and it's not even preseason yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol can't make that stuff up. You would think that SOMEONE would catch such a blunder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Aww he stopped it too soon, I wanted to see if they "predicted" a tie against the Cardinals!

10+ Year Old Account
    "A stunner: #Jaguars LT Branden Albert is retiring."

Rapoport: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/892033503998742528

Well then. Didn't the Jags only just pay him a contract extension of a few million? They must be annoyed.

- - - Updated - - -

League fails to hold it's end of a bargain to do research into concussions in Football: https://thinkprogress.org/nfl-nih-en...i=911f4652330e

I think people have posted about this before, but it;s now the end of the funding term and the NFL still refused to give the NIH the funds it had said it would, just cause they didn't like the people doing the research.

For all the talk about wanting to do things about concussions, the league still fails spectacularly in actually implementing action when there's research they fear might come out making them look bad or forcing them to make hard decisions.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Joe mixon turning heads at camp in the right way.

Loved the pick when it was made. Don't disappoint me kid.

In AFC North news, people are literally begging the BALTIMORE Ravens to sign Kapernick the fill in for Unibrow.

Yeah, why wouldn't the BALTIMORE Ravens want to sign Kapernick?

Quite the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "A stunner: #Jaguars LT Branden Albert is retiring."

Rapoport: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/892033503998742528

Well then. Didn't the Jags only just pay him a contract extension of a few million? They must be annoyed.
    You are sleeping on the big retiring from today: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-camp-retires/

Also, the roof of the Mercedes-Benz in Atlanta being closed. Pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that. Very cool. I'm also fairly sure there's going to be an issue with the roof sooner rather than later. I bet there's a good chance it starts leaking at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

"Breaking: I'm told #Seahawks S Kam Chancellor has agreed to 3y $36M extension w/ $25M in g'teed money. Deal negotiated by agent Alvin Keels."

Josina Anderson

That means the Legion of Boom stay together a few more years (unless trading Richard Sherman is still something they are exploring).

Ryan Clady is also retiring. Best for his body, since he has not been healthy in years. Sucks he wasn't durable because he was extremely good when he was healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerry being Jerry http://kfrog.cbslocal.com/2017/07/28...-off-the-team/

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Ryan Clady is also retiring. Best for his body, since he has not been healthy in years. Sucks he wasn't durable because he was extremely good when he was healthy.
    Sucks though. The biggest name I think I've heard from training camp as far as retirees so far. Been quite a few already.

- - - Updated - - -

No starters playing for the Cards Thursday. That's disappointing since it's the first game in forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Breaking: I'm told #Seahawks S Kam Chancellor has agreed to 3y $36M extension w/ $25M in g'teed money. Deal negotiated by agent Alvin Keels."

Josina Anderson

That means the Legion of Boom stay together a few more years (unless trading Richard Sherman is still something they are exploring).

Only thing worth noting from Seahawks camp so far is that this team is very deep with its depth. Lots of guys that may be cut could be starters elsewhere. Unfortunately with McDowell injured, the one place that you can never have enough depth is weakened.

Oh and Blair Walsh has been pretty good so far in camp. We'll see in games though. I think that was his problem before. Did good in practice, but games got to his head after the playoff miss.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2017-08-01 at 07:02 PM.