Deleted

Wow: The Feedback

Hi!
    I am new here. Made an account here just so i could post here
    So this is going to be quite a long read. Since there are quite a bit to say.

The purpose of this thread is to give feedback for the many systems that WoW contains and possible ways to improve it.
    I start from the beginning. with the more glaring problem that the game has. Mainly the new player experience and the leveling.
    Every story that has ever made has Beginning-Middle- End. Yet wow has sort of Middle-Middle-Middle- and beyond.
    When i started playing the game back in Mop SoO patch. I had no idea what was happening half the time. Since the gameworld was so fragmented and honestly i almost quited the game right there. There are always arguments that state that the true game begins at the endgame but honestly why should anyone put in a 2- 4 weeks of constant questing to reach that level cap. Even blizz understands that lvling is an issue since they gave character boosts.
    So how to we fix it? Honestly there are two ways i can see it being done. The direct way or indirect way.
    The direct solution.
    Its rather simple. its more or less of a path for with a coherent story line that goes over what happened. For example the new player starts investigating what happened in draenor and how illidan was killed etc. Thats actually quite interesting. essentially imagine drawing a line on the map and the new player follows it. while following a questline. til he reaches the current expansion.
    Thats the direct fix.

The indirect fix.
    Is simple releasing companion books that starts from the vanilla era and goes over player achievement.
    Essentially there is the warrior Class character, priest dude, warlock etc They get together for some reason and get stuck in a plot where they have to survive. Going over the vanillas major plot points. like the opening of Dark portal. While the horde side is dealing with the old god cthun and in the end. Both sides meet up to stop the portal opening and start killing off Lord Kazzak but the fight devolves into a threeway brawl.

This gives option for new players as well as lore nerds to learn about the vanilla game story line as well as giving kudos to the playerbase.

That is the story fix that could work. Honestly the easy way out is to release companion books. Since the series would always lag behind the current expansions and honestly it would be facinating to see how different classes work together. How for example paladin and Dk hate each others guts or how sadistic the healers are. Basically wanting people to get hurt so they could heal and having generally give no fucks mentality. similar to how players behave in game. Basically the characters that represent different classes are how players generally playng the game. Warrior jumping into battle regardless they have healers support or not. Rogues just killing and moving on while screwing over everyone they can. etc etc

I am gonna write quite a bit more in the coming hours and days...
    Have fun

The quickest and easiest way to fix leveling is to just make half of it required. Right now it just takes WAY to fucking long to level a character from level 1.

To elaborate on this, I think the best way to do it would be to keep 1-60 the same as it is now, but one you get to 60 you get a choice of going to any ONE continent of an outdated expansion. While you are on that continent leveling experience gained is increased by a very large percentage to make it so when you are done with that continent, you can start leveling in the current expansion continent to get to max level.

The Pros:

Easiest and cheapest solution by far as it does not require any new content.

It is a permanent solution to the problem of leveling becoming more and more of a chore every expansion due to more levels you have to do.

The Cons:

While it is a fix, it is still a band aid fix to a problem with the leveling.
    It doesn't fix leveling, it just makes the amount required a lot less.

Conclusion:
    While I wouldn't mind at all having this system put in place, I feel like it would be a much better solution if added in with an overhaul of the current system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    The quickest and easiest way to fix leveling is to just make half of it required. Right now it just takes WAY to fucking long to level a character from level 1.

To elaborate on this, I think the best way to do it would be to keep 1-60 the same as it is now, but one you get to 60 you get a choice of going to any ONE continent of an outdated expansion. While you are on that continent leveling experience gained is increased by a very large percentage to make it so when you are done with that continent, you can start leveling in the current expansion continent to get to max level.

The Pros:

Easiest and cheapest solution by far as it does not require any new content.

It is a permanent solution to the problem of leveling becoming more and more of a chore every expansion due to more levels you have to do.

The Cons:

While it is a fix, it is still a band aid fix to a problem with the leveling.
    It doesn't fix leveling, it just makes the amount required a lot less.

Conclusion:
    While I wouldn't mind at all having this system put in place, I feel like it would be a much better solution if added in with an overhaul of the current system.

Well if have understood the devs intentions correctly then they had every intentions of implementing world quest on the entire game world.
    Leveling could be done by that. you get increased experience when ever finishing world quest. i suppose that would be the bandest of band aid to fix and honestly. i too hope there are no more level cap increses. since its pointless now that the game world essentially levels with you. So why not just have endgame leveling done by gear progression entirely. turn leveling into a sort of tutorial. to teach the game and class.
    For example with the introduction of four different types of world quest. A tank , Dps, healer and general. Essentially tank worldquest revolves around mitigation and boss controll.. dps is essentially how not to stand on fire like a dumbass and how to maintain high dps.. healer worldquest is basically healing and how to maintain rotation of high heals... That would make leveling alts alot more interesting as well. Since you have different content for the roles.