Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the theory where Elune is actually Azeroth, rising from the well of Eternity.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Well, she is a degenerate that married and bred with a fucking stag. That much is certain.
    How dare you!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Well, she is a degenerate that married and bred with a fucking stag. That much is certain.
    that was not a mere stag.

it is a White Stag.

It definitely was a fucking stag at the time, though. Although i don't remember them getting married.

i don't believe that crap with malorne. it's just a stupid fable.

malorne may have had a hand in cenarius' creation at elune's behest, but it wasn't a physical thing, it would have been nature magic or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't believe that crap with malorne. it's just a stupid fable.

malorne may have had a hand in cenarius' creation at elune's behest, but it wasn't a physical thing, it would have been nature magic or something.
    I would like to believe that myself but myths tend to get a little more credibility when these are confirmed by very different sources and cultures (Night Elves and Tauren alike claim the same and the two races weren't really much close to each other before WoW happened).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Do you know where it states that Elune is in fact the mother of Xe'ra? I only knew before that Khadgar found an old tome suggesting it but seems that's moved on and she is now a creator of Prime Naaru!
    Prime Naarus are the sons of Xe'ra so creating Xe'ra is creating the prime Naarus.

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Prime Naarus are the sons of Xe'ra so creating Xe'ra is creating the prime Naarus.
    Yeah, I know it was just mentioned as a "maybe" by Khadgar in passing on a questline. I'm guessing this comes in 7.3. When I asked if was to see the confirmation rather than seeking validation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well Cenarius keeps referring to Malorne as Father in EN (Xavius is pretending to be Malorne to distract him from Malfurion). And if his dad is a stag and he is half-stag/half-elf, some elf-looking creature probably had sex with Malorne.

I mean it makes sense for Elune to be a furry, her high priestess is married to a guy in permanent cosplay.
    i mean, if he were created through magic, he would still count his creators as mother and father. most magically created beings do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I would like to believe that myself but myths tend to get a little more credibility when these are confirmed by very different sources and cultures (Night Elves and Tauren alike claim the same and the two races weren't really much close to each other before WoW happened).
    idk, i'm pretty sure that they were closer for quite a long time before wow.

Certainly doesn't help that everybody involved actually exists and is still alive. And that Cenarius refers to them as mother and father.

Of course, the how is a bit more questionable. We don't even have any confirmed information on what Elune is or looks like, just the Night Elves beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    idk, i'm pretty sure that they were closer for quite a long time before wow.
    Not at all. Otherwise Tauren would have produced Druids in WC3 already.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course, the how is a bit more questionable. We don't even have any confirmed information on what Elune is or looks like, just the Night Elves beliefs.
    Pretty sure we can throw out of the windom Elune literally being into zoophilia and that she doesn't literally look like a Night Elf. Unless she has some impressive shapeshifting capabilities which would be far from absurd for an entity of such scale.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean, if he were created through magic, he would still count his creators as mother and father. most magically created beings do.
    It may not be through magic, but Elune at least is known as an incorporeal being. She's not biological, at least. So it's safe to say that Cenarius' conception did not involve a session of regular humping...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Not at all. Otherwise Tauren would have produced Druids in WC3 already.
    yeah, i'm sleepy or i would have thought of this sooner. they've been friendly with each other since the war of the ancients, cenarius taught them druidism before the night elves were even a thing.

"In the original course of events, the tauren did not take part in the War of the Ancients, the war that occurred when the demonic Burning Legion invaded Azeroth approximately 10,000 years before the First War. However, in the altered history created by the intervention of Krasus and his companions, they were convinced to join the alliance against the Burning Legion by the dragon-mage, and the tauren tribes were led by Huln Highmountain, wielder of the eagle spear. The xenophobic night elf commander, Desdel Stareye, refused to use the tauren to their abilities, namely heavy melee fighters, on the grounds that they were apparently as likely to kill night elves and earthen as demons. After the "tragic" loss of the commander, the tauren were re-deployed to extreme effectiveness by his replacement, Jarod Shadowsong. The tauren who survived the war maintained fairly good, or at least cordial, relations with the Sentinels."

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, i'm sleepy or i would have thought of this sooner. they've been friendly with each other since the war of the ancients, cenarius taught them druidism before the night elves were even a thing.

"In the original course of events, the tauren did not take part in the War of the Ancients, the war that occurred when the demonic Burning Legion invaded Azeroth approximately 10,000 years before the First War. However, in the altered history created by the intervention of Krasus and his companions, they were convinced to join the alliance against the Burning Legion by the dragon-mage, and the tauren tribes were led by Huln Highmountain, wielder of the eagle spear. The xenophobic night elf commander, Desdel Stareye, refused to use the tauren to their abilities, namely heavy melee fighters, on the grounds that they were apparently as likely to kill night elves and earthen as demons. After the "tragic" loss of the commander, the tauren were re-deployed to extreme effectiveness by his replacement, Jarod Shadowsong. The tauren who survived the war maintained fairly good, or at least cordial, relations with the Sentinels."
    Maintaining fairly good or "at least cordial" relations mean at the very most not hating or killing each other but being in "good" or at least non-belligerent terms. However, there was never true closeness between the two races. Hell, even now that closeness is just between the Druids, the rest of Tauren and Night Elves are outright enemies occasionally fighting even against each other (Ashenvale). Moreover, the Tauren that fought alongside the Night Elves were those that eventually remained isolated in the Broken Isles. Not much room for any relation in the first place.

So to sum it up, "cordial relations" do not really imply any cultural share. The first cultural share happened when Malfurion and Hamuul became buddies. I'm also pretty sure Tauren kinda forgot Cenarius' teachings and were very basic to begin with. Only recently Tauren started to train actual Druids.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-07-31 at 03:35 PM.

Maintaining fairly good or "at least cordial" relations mean at the very most not hating or killing each other but being in "good" or at least non-belligerent terms. However, there was never true closeness between the two races. Hell, even now that closeness is just between the Druids, the rest of Tauren and Night Elves are outright enemies occasionally fighting even against each other (Ashenvale). Moreover, the Tauren that fought alongside the Night Elves were those that eventually remained isolated in the Broken Isles. Not much room for any relation in the first place.

So to sum it up, "cordial relations" do not really imply any cultural share. The first cultural share happened when Malfurion and Hamuul became buddies. I'm also pretty sure Tauren kinda forgot Cenarius' teachings and were very basic to begin with. Only recently Tauren started to train actual Druids.
    The Tauren are the least warlike race in the Horde, and would generally prefer not to engage with the Night Elves if they don't have to. Besides, all that is quite recent history less than 20 years old, compared to ten millenia the two got along fine. This is even more true for Huln's tribe in Highmountain, which aren't involved with either Horde or Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Tauren are the least warlike race in the Horde, and would generally prefer not to engage with the Night Elves if they don't have to. Besides, all that is quite recent history less than 20 years old, compared to ten millenia the two got along fine. This is even more true for Huln's tribe in Highmountain, which aren't involved with either Horde or Alliance.
    The recent history just proved that Tauren has little to no issues in killing Night Elves and invading their lands if that means supporting the needs of their allies, so "going along fine" is probably a slight overstatement. It's something more akin to the relation Orcs and Draenei had before Kil'jaeden fucked everyone over.

The Tauren of the Broken Isles may indeed be somewhat different, both because they were never at odds with the Night Elves (nor are members of the Horde) and because they had actual and proved positive relations with them in the past. Then again, the moment they got separated from the rest of the world post-Sundering they unlikely had many relations with elves and simply remained "in good terms". Not enough to imply any share of culture and mythos.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree. Furthermore, the Night Elves had no close relations with any other race during the Long Vigil. Except maybe some Furbolgs living in Ashenvale, but even then, they mostly stood aloof from everyone.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Except it is. Go read Chronicle Vol. 1 and free yourself from ignorance. You complain about people not being "imaginative" enough within a fantasy setting yet it only seems like you've got a few personal ideas in that head of yours and want to impose them as facts at all costs. Your self-crafted lore =/= canon lore. Deal with it. Or, you know, get banned (lol).
    Blatantly denying the obvious without making a single constructive comment /slow clap
    Try harder next time

Better yet, open Chronicle 1 and start reading!

We really should be asking Malorne, does anyone speak stag?
    Maybe in travel form? Bit hit and miss. Didn't we like speak to Malorne at the end of Druid Class Hall? I can barely remember just that we stood near it at one point with a cinematic. And in Cataclysm he was there in Mount Hyjal but it's been so long in actually bothering to quest that far in for levelling!

He didn't talk, he just gave us his blessing, faded away and left a statue (or was the statue there already?) I mean, does he ever talk? Maybe telepathically?
    I dunno, I honestly cannot remember and I really don't want to level another druid to 110 haha, on the topic of levelling Malorne was in Mount Hyjal so was wondering if again he did any talking then, you caught my post before I edited the post.

I remember appearing again at that shrine place in Mount Hyjal but not sure or quested far in when levelling to remember if he spoke then.