Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that they're gonna make that sex scene cringe af instead of hot. I just have this feeling.

Still don't know how I feel about them being together, but it was kinda obvious I guess.
    TBH this season is shaping up to be a big fan service. Jon being a Targaryen, Jon + Dany, Arya and Nymeria reunion (if only brief), killing off the Sand Snakes...

90,000,000 people torrented it. lol

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/hbo-...ming-1.4226959

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yeah HBO executives must be pulling their hair out having the most pirated show in history, all that lost money

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    This is proof D&D don't understand the books.

Robert did not start the rebellion.

Ned's father and brother went to the Court to ask what was up with Rhaegar and the king burned one alive and had the other strangled.

Then he sent word to Jon Arryn and demanded the heads of Eddard/Ned and Robert. Jon, in response, rebelled.

The Rebellion wasn't even started by Robert, he didn't lie to anyone, he was chosen as the leader because he was charismatic, powerful and he was one of the grieved parties. Furthermore he had a claim to the Throne since he had Targaryen blood.

Robert wasn't some scheming villain, they had perfectly good reasons to rebel.

That's not really how marriage works in Westeros. Lyanna was promised to Robert and Rhaegar kidnapped her. Doesn't matter if she wanted to go with him, young women don't really get a say in Westeros. She was what, 16.

You think, say, Renly would've been allowed to take Sansa from Winterfell, just like that? Regardless of whether she wanted to go?

Rhaegar took Lyanna without the knowledge/blessing of House Stark, that's a direct attack upon a house, to take one of their heirs, who was already promised to another.
    From Riverrun, Brandon left to join his father's wedding party, coming down from the north.[22] They were on their way again back to Riverrun for the wedding when word reached Brandon of Lyanna's supposed abduction by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.[23] Brandon, along with his squire Ethan Glover, Kyle Royce, Elbert Arryn, and Jeffory Mallister, rode to King's Landing immediately.[23] Upon entering the Red Keep, Brandon shouted for Rhaegar to "come out and die". Rhaegar was not present, however, and Brandon and his companions were arrested by King Aerys II Targaryen and charged with plotting Rhaegar's murder.
    They dident go to ask what's up, Brandon thought Lyanna was abducted and probably being raped by rhaegar so he charged down to kl.

Had Robert actually let people know they eloped even if it still technically wasn't legal I highly doubt Brandon would have so brazenly threatened the crowned prince in open court, honestly marrying rhaegar was better politically for the starks and Lyanna actually loved him I see no reason Brandon would have stood in the way had he known the full extent of what was happening.

Psyched for tonight, the first ever episode with this eras 3 most important characters ever, possibly the most important ever.
    Hope my tired ass can stay awake for it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    LADY O G WENT OUT LIKE A GANGSTA!

rest of the episode was cool too, I guess. I'm just to assume Euron has rocket powered boats at this point.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Euron almost new favorite character. No one can beat Petyr!

Fuck Daenerys though. Holy shit she is dumb and entitled.

10+ Year Old Account
    So at this point basically all that Dany has left are the few Unsullied hold outs in CR, and her Dothraki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    That last scene was just perfect, even though its also sad.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-07-31 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Euron almost new favorite character. No one can beat Petyr!

Fuck Daenerys though. Holy shit she is dumb and entitled.
    You kidding!? I'm finally starting to like danny!
    She's there to conquer the friggin continent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    So at this point basically all that Dany has left are the few Unsullied hold outs in CR, and her Dothraki.
    wow, yeah..
    She's lost all the tyrells, the martels and the greyjoys..

the episode made it look like most of her Unsullied survived the battle for CR as it was only held by a skeleton crew, but as Jamie said, they're stuck in CR.. all danny has atm is her dragons and whatever forces are left at Dragonstone.

which, is really weird we havent seen more of, she united all the dothraki clans. she has over 100'000 dothrakis with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda sad Bran has gone crazy as the three eyed raven.. all I want is for the Stark kids to get back together, have a long conversation where they tell eachother what has happened to them for the last 8 years...
    I've no idea what to write here.

Shame all the truly great battlefield strategist are dead during the great war. No Tywin, no Robb, no Robert or Stannis.

And Daeny shouldn't be so dumb, nor now so demanding that half her forces are gone.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a little underwhelmed tbh. I was expecting so much more out of Highgarden and Casterly Rock. I also just...ugh really don't like the casting for Euron. I don't think it's bad acting, it's just bad casting and bad writing. Feels nothing like book Euron.

Also, for a season that is supposed to be moving fast it sure feels so damn slow so far. I realize a lot is happening at a much faster pace than the rest of the series but it doesn't feel like it's progressing. At least not in any exciting way.

Probably my fault for falling into the mass hype. I'm still enjoying it, so I'll just dial back my expectations a bit and keep on watching, I just dunno if I like the direction it's going.

I was hoping the battle for Castily Rock would have been one of those epic fight episodes but it makes sense that it wasn't based on how it went down and there is typically only one of those per season anyway(usually the 2nd last episode of the season). My guess is it'll be the fight for King's Landing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Shame all the truly great battlefield strategist are dead during the great war. No Tywin, no Robb, no Robert or Stannis.

And Daeny shouldn't be so dumb, nor now so demanding that half her forces are gone.
    Tarly has been stated since the beginning to be one of the greatest Generals in Westeros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

As much as i like watching the show, i just can't help noticing the glaring issues on dialogue in the absence of the source material, and some of the loose character adaptations, Euron for example, which i find to be overly absurd and moronic.

It had great scenes (Sam and Jorah, Jon and Daenerys, Jamie and Lady O, Jon and Tyrion, etc), but the 'military' scenes just seem all over the place. Random naval battle where Euron intercepts Daenerys Fleet, queue Casterly Rock, queue Highgarden... etc. These sort of scenarios and battles just seem to lose their impact entirely with how they are being rushed. It's fucking Casterly Rock being taken in 45 secs of airtime and Highgarden in less then 10. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Also, for a season that is supposed to be moving fast it sure feels so damn slow so far. I realize a lot is happening at a much faster pace than the rest of the series but it doesn't feel like it's progressing. At least not in any exciting way.
    The strongholds of two of the oldest houses of Westeros fell in a single episode... and two of the biggest leaders meet for the first time.... things aren´t moving fast enough?

I've lurked around these forums for a long time, but this thread compelled me to make an account.

Holy hell, some of you do nothing but whine about every single issue possible. Regardless of if you're just incorrect factually, you have this incessant pomposity since you read the books as if that makes you an authority on anything.

Tonus and Highwhale. Jesus mates, why do you waste so much energy hating something so much that you whine nonstop on these forums and constantly fight with EVERYONE who has the audacity to disagree with you? What a complete waste of time. I feel sorry for you guys. You two specifically, although there are others, are incredibly offputting and makes it such a turn off for new people to try and come into this thread to discuss a show that they love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The strongholds of two of the oldest houses of Westeros fell in a single episode... and two of the biggest leaders meet for the first time.... things aren´t moving fast enough?
    Well, like I said, I understand things are moving at a fast pace. It just doesn't feel like it...how much screen time did those two houses falling get again?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The story is progressing, but the pacing of the episode was rather slow. Not much action, lots of dialog, numerous cuts, and a whole lot of unexpected time skips.

The time skips are probably the worse part. The idea being protrayed is that a lot of time is passed over the course of this episode (jumping from Jamie at KL -> Highgarden, Euron jumping from Dragonstone to KL to the Rock) but it doesn't feel that way, because those events are all interspersed by Danny, Jon, Dvaos, and Tyrion idly chatting.

The show makes it look like the conversations at Dragonstone are taking place over a very short amount of time, perhaps a few days at most. However, the realities of marching an army from KL to Highgarden, fighting the battle, and claiming victory (not to mention Euron's impossible antics) are weeks long journeys, at least.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Well, like I said, I understand things are moving at a fast pace. It just doesn't feel like it...how much screen time did those two houses falling get again?
    it is moving fast, but you gotta consider that they only have 10 episodes left - 4 this season, 6 next. I reckon the next 4 episodes will mostly focus on Lannister vs Targaeryn and the final 6 will be about the white walkers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The story is progressing, but the pacing of the episode was rather slow. Not much action, lots of dialog, numerous cuts, and a whole lot of unexpected time skips.

The time skips are probably the worse part. The idea being protrayed is that a lot of time is passed over the course of this episode (jumping from Jamie at KL -> Highgarden, Euron jumping from Dragonstone to KL to the Rock) but it doesn't feel that way, because those events are all interspersed by Danny, Jon, Dvaos, and Tyrion idly chatting.

The show makes it look like the conversations at Dragonstone are taking place over a very short amount of time, perhaps a few days at most. However, the realities of marching an army from KL to Highgarden, fighting the battle, and claiming victory (not to mention Euron's impossible antics) are weeks long journeys, at least.
    the conversations are, but they are on a different timeline to the rest of the episode. so a few days spans what we see at Dragonstone but the episode is jumping back and forth a lot. it took 2 weeks for Jon to get to Dragonstone but as he left thats probably when Euron delivered the Dornish Duo to Cersei. he then immediately left for Castley Rock while Jamie left immediately for Highgarden