Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    On avatar? really?
    DPS boss, swap to add, get away of the blast and repeat?
    ok...
    Did you fight Avatar? The Maiden isn't even fucking there. lol

LFR itself is an insult. The more true to itself LFR becomes the more it sucks, which is at its core a tourist mode that reveals the whole game for no effort and also doesn't require you to meet or interact with anyone on purpose. By its very nature, it throws everything out that's good about MMORPG's. With nothing to replace it, it throws away everything that's good about video games over another format, such as a movie.

It's only a matter of time before people get fed up with LFR and demand its removal. Personally, I look forward to that day.

It's not going to happen yet, and I will surely get lots of abuse for this message. I don't care. You will find out why LFR is a stupid concept one way or the other.

Thanks for the ban by the way, irrelevant though.

Most people complaining wiping to DPS, this is because everyone is AFK, it has nothing to do with the fights being hard, you are wiping cause 70% of the raid is AFK.

Right before i made this post for LFR Wing 3, i wiped at Wing 2 on Sisters because:

Out of the 5 healers, 4 were 99% AFK, each had barely 10K HPS, the 5th was an alt that could barely do 200K HPS, wiped at Embrace cause no one healed anything.

Out of the 17 DPS, 12 were doing below 200K DPS, most auto attacking or something similar.

Got kicked for pointing out the healers are all AFK hence no one healed the Embrace and we died, didnt even mention DPS.

According to the one player that was actually trying whispering me "WTF why did you get kicked" they wiped 2 more times because everyone kept being AFK before he left, who knows what happened after.

Blizzard needs to start adding activity count during the fight, not anything insanely high, just something that does not allow you to AFK, 90% activity as example which is already insanely low for any human being because it literally means you AFKed 10% of the fight,make it 50% for healers since the complain "THERE ISNT ANYTHING TO HEAL" comes, because you cant DPS while healing LFR apparently.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-07-30 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    They made normal so easy I want to believe its the previous step to LFR removal.
    I assure you there is a large player subpopulation for whom Normal would be too difficult.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I assure you there is a large player subpopulation for whom Normal would be too difficult.
    I can assure you there isn't. There is, however, a subpopulation for whom teh last boss of normal is harder than what they can do now, and they'd have to get a little better at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I can assure you there isn't.
    I know you can. It's just that you'd be wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I can assure you there isn't. There is, however, a subpopulation for whom teh last boss of normal is harder than what they can do now, and they'd have to get a little better at the game.
    Majority of people doesn't want to get better though. They want fat loot w/ a cherry on top.

Even according to GC posts, believing that people would step up to the challenge and improve even a little bit was one of Blizz devs' biggest early mistakes. People don't step up and improve, they just turn around and walk away.

Ofc, some do, but majority doesn't, WoW is a game after all, one's life doesn't depend on it.

I wish 1 boss in LFR had a 1-shot or wipe mechanic. Being called out in raid for screwing up punishes those that don't want to put the effort into anything. Just how it a group in the army, 1 member of the squad screws up, the whole team gets punished. Except in LFR said team mates can boot their weakest member off the squad. Used to love this in MoP LFR where ppl wouldnt move and get called out by name, then they'd play stupid. They either learned and tried or got the boot and wouldn't progress until they learned.

I'd legit pay to watch LFR groups make attempts on mythic Maiden, just scale them up to 950 ilvl and let me watch.

Hours of entertainment for sure. Maybe we'd see a pull longer than a minute?

Well, raiding isnt supposed to be a faceroll like LFR is imho.

Later normal bosses requirements are min like avoiding something or stacking (and even if you fail you will most likely not die to it).

LFR is just brain dead, literally. I know some ppl dont like challenge but its just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Well, raiding isnt supposed to be a faceroll like LFR is imho.
    "Isn't supposed to be" statements are semantically vacuous. Like "shouldn't be" statements, they are just a way of cloaking your own personal prejudices to make them seem less self-centered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Blizzard needs to start adding activity count during the fight, not anything insanely high, just something that does not allow you to AFK, 90% activity as example which is already insanely low for any human being because it literally means you AFKed 10% of the fight,make it 50% for healers since the complain "THERE ISNT ANYTHING TO HEAL" comes, because you cant DPS while healing LFR apparently.
    this, really. I'd go so far as to say that if someone is alive and under, say 80% active the system should auto kick them when combat is dropped. That will never happen but aside from being dead, there's zero reason to not be doing shit.

"Isn't supposed to be" statements are semantically vacuous. Like "shouldn't be" statements, they are just a way of cloaking your own personal prejudices to make them seem less self-centered.
    "My tv isnt supposed to be upside down"

I dont know if your statement only applies to this topic personal opinions in general or what but I am sorry, you are wrong.

Its a video game, fights have mechanics that are supposed to be avoided (or maybe you think you are supposed to eat them all and take dmg) because they "hurt your character"

So... you take away a core part of boss encounters?

Sorry, its not supposed to be a complete faceroll you like it or not, its supposed to be easy. Very different things.

If you dont believe me just go read Blizzard statements over LFR difficulty, I am not going to google them for you. Very likely you feel like an idiot after reading them.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2017-07-31 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Personally, some dificulty increase would be nice. When you are in Desolate Host fight (it's even named like that), but the Desolate Host itself does not ever appear... it's might be a bit too much.
    P.S.
    I have found it funny that after wipes people's DPS tend to increase. And I mean more than what Determination would give you. Some people are really here just to /follow.
    Because, well, there was 200k-300k back in Emerald Nightmare LFR. When you see the same thing now in ToS, with all the insane gear upgrades thus far, it just screams "AFK", "I don't care, carry me". But then we wipe and they move a bit more, because even they understand that them participating will make the loot drop faster...
    lol I wish EN lfr had those numbers, but in reality 200k was a solid number for a dps to hit.
    I think average raid dps had to be 176k to kill Ursoc mythic

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    lol I wish EN lfr had those numbers, but in reality 200k was a solid number for a dps to hit.
    I think average raid dps had to be 176k to kill Ursoc mythic
    1.36 billion with a 5 minute enrage gives ~302k DPS required from each DPS to kill Ursoc on mythic, ignoring the images cleave on the images. People aimed for 320-350 at the time, or 360-400 if they had BiS legendaries and OP trinkets.

Makes you wonder how KJ will be in LFR... No Armageddon I'm guessing. White attacks nerfed dramatically, so only Fel Claws need mitigation. Will tank swaps still be mandatory? Will there be a darkness phase? And if so, will Illidan be holding a flashlight so it's easier to find him?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't imagine there'll be a darkness phase, because most in LFR would just keep trying to dps without noticing they were missing 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Blizzard should just have NPCs fighting bosses and trash while everyone just AFKs in LFR.
    Make the raid a personal scenario with bare bones tier pieces that you can only upgrade by completing the harder difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This particular wing, nothing happens, nothing deals damage, nothing.
    Wing 3 was a wipefest in the groups i was in. People died to Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Wing 3 was a wipefest in the groups i was in. People died to Maiden.
    Of course they did, whats the surprise? I bet it looked like a disco ball, all colours everywhere.
    The Maiden as a ability that they just cant remove on LFR and if by any means they did better just put a dummy there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Makes you wonder how KJ will be in LFR... No Armageddon I'm guessing. White attacks nerfed dramatically, so only Fel Claws need mitigation. Will tank swaps still be mandatory? Will there be a darkness phase? And if so, will Illidan be holding a flashlight so it's easier to find him?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't imagine there'll be a darkness phase, because most in LFR would just keep trying to dps without noticing they were missing 100%
    They could make Illidan run to find the players
    ppl dpsing and illidan running to find them or they would miss the hits lol

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Majority of people doesn't want to get better though. They want fat loot w/ a cherry on top.

Even according to GC posts, believing that people would step up to the challenge and improve even a little bit was one of Blizz devs' biggest early mistakes. People don't step up and improve, they just turn around and walk away.

Ofc, some do, but majority doesn't, WoW is a game after all, one's life doesn't depend on it.
    This is why the game offers gear upgrades that eventually makes the game easier.