Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 7.3 - Seat of the Triumvirate Dungeon, Tweets, HeroStorm - Ep 26

Season 11 Featured Builds - Haedrig's Gift Edition

Priest Legendary Card Reveal: Archbishop Benedictus

Patch 7.3 - Seat of the Triumvirate Dungeon
    Patch 7.3 adds a new dungeon called Seat of the Triumvirate!

Seat of the Triumvirate Boss Strategies and Loot List<br />
Edit

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Chronicle shows us that demons always rez in the Nether. Now it shows Antorus to be the source? Ret-con or explained in game?
    I assume you're referring to Turalyon's dialogue? (Muffinus)
    That is where most people get to and then become confused. So I would say yes that dialogue is a point to clarify.
    Feel free to speculate :) (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    What do you think about progression systems in online games with realistically achievable end point? Should there be a point when the progression ends with a “sense of accomplishment”?
    If the endpoint is too easily achievable, that gives players an opportunity to take a break from the game. That can be a good thing if they come back to your game refreshed, but it can be a bad thing if they take a long or permanent break because they’ve run out of content.

Now, I totally agree that a sense of a accomplishment is important. As gamers, we enjoy filling in bars, but if that bar is filling in really slowly, and if that bar is really long, we may just recognize the futility of our effort and give it up. Progress is important. The best game do this by having multiple bars so that just as you finish one accomplishment, there is something slightly different that is also nearing completion. Consider Civilization. You might be finishing a battle in one part of the map, and then spend a couple of turns finishing an important tech, and then discover you are about to found a new city, and so on. The loop wouldn’t be as compelling if you were only progressing along one axis at a time and saw how far you had to go to get that sense of completion.

Also, this is really important: the kicker here is that “realistically achievable” isn’t a single number. If you play two hours a month and I play four hours a day, then what is achievable for you may be trivial for me. This is very common. (Source)

WoWProgress - Mythic Proving Grounds Score
    The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Proving Grounds are going on right now, and our friends at WoWProgress have a tool that tracks the scores. If you are looking for other players for this event or just normal runs, check out their LFG Tool.

HeroStorm - Ep 26: Da Minion
    Another episode of HeroStorm has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-07-31 at 04:33 PM.

It's weird that Muffinus thinks that being intentionally vague is going to make people more interested. So far, all the dialogue about Turalyon and the infinite army has done is make people question buying more Chronicles books, if they are just going to be instantly retconned. People want clarity, not "wink wink nudge nudge" responses.

The new dungeon grants only 865 itemlevel on Mythic? Gods, what's even the point of doing it more than once? Garbage itemlevel for end tier dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    It's weird that Muffinus thinks that being intentionally vague is going to make people more interested. So far, all the dialogue about Turalyon and the infinite army has done is make people question buying more Chronicles books, if they are just going to be instantly retconned. People want clarity, not "wink wink nudge nudge" responses.
    Argus is in the Nether, so it still makes sense.

Or they could try doing what he's hinting Blizzard wants them to do, which is speculate and figure out how this new information fits in with what Chronicles has already shown us. My personal theory is while demons can rez in the Nether, the power of Argus drastically accelerates the process, so the Legion can keep sending army after army at their enemies and keep up the "endless armies" boast that they enjoy so much. They're not endless, they've just used a cheat code so they have little to no rez timer.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    The new dungeon grants only 865 itemlevel on Mythic? Gods, what's even the point of doing it more than once? Garbage itemlevel for end tier dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Except, can you point to the place in the Chronicles where it says the resurrection of demons is tied to the world soul inside Argus? That's what people are hung up on, in Chronicles, demonic resurrection was a naturally occurring thing, from before Sargeras even existed. Now it was suddenly created by Sargeras, and tied to a World Soul that he found AFTER he freed the demons that he had to imprison because he couldn't kill them in our reality?

What was he talking about "the skybox looks like garbage.", lol? It looks great.

Except, can you point to the place in the Chronicles where it says the resurrection of demons is tied to the world soul inside Argus? That's what people are hung up on, in Chronicles, demonic resurrection was a naturally occurring thing, from before Sargeras even existed. Now it was suddenly created by Sargeras, and tied to a World Soul that he found AFTER he freed the demons that he had to imprison because he couldn't kill them in our reality?
    Demons have always been able to come back to life in the twisting nether, but it takes a long time, even more so for the more powerful demons. Sargeras found a way to significantly speed it up by using the world soul of Argus.

Retcons, retcons everywhere. Even the pr guys are ashamed to take a stance. Hence being vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Yeah, I'm scratching my head on that one, too. It will probably be tuned at current gear levels, so why such low gear? I guess there's always M+.
    My best guess is they don't want this to become a "go-to" 5-man. I'm assuming they'll do what they did in 7.2 and retune rewards from all 5 man's again.

Obsolete from day 1, thanks to the glorious mythic+ system.
    If you want to do it at an appropriate difficulty to'll be forced to do gogogo-rush mode.

I love that Herostorm thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Obsolete from day 1, thanks to the glorious mythic+ system.
    If you want to do it at an appropriate difficulty to'll be forced to do gogogo-rush mode.
    So if I just go over the player comments and throw out all the "wow is dead" trolling what is left is Legion having:

Dead Pvp
    Dungeons that are obsolete on arrival
    Raids that come out of PTR at an unfinished state
    Lore developments that make people question the canon status of Chronicle.

Yeah, we kinda need that Gamescom reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another dungeon? Gotta hand it to Blizzard, they've really managed to provide content for Legion in much bigger contrast to previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Another dungeon? Gotta hand it to Blizzard, they've really managed to provide content for Legion in much bigger contrast to previous expansions.
    And all it took was them completely abandoning the last expansion after 1 patch! Well done Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Looool

adding a dungeon every patch that most people wont even touch cause it has nothing of use or might only do once or twice for a quest doesn't really qualify as content. The game will slowly die if all they can do is add content that lasts a week

hopefully the dungeon won't be over tuned like cathedral where no one wants to run it on mythic plus. and even after nerfs, people are like "Cathedral +14? RIP that key, lol".

The minion pulling a Jon Snow in that herostorm was good. Made me laugh and get some looks in the office...WHERE I'M TOTALLY WORKING GUYS STOP LOOKING AT ME!

Love how this is the first look at the new dungeon and people are already upset about item level, its on PTR, its not final. If it goes live, then you can complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    My thinking was that it'll be revealed more fully when Argus goes live. People are leaping to conclusions based on datamined PTR text. Standard disclaimers apply...
    Except we can play the questline in full on the PTR, and nothing is revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure the loot list is not correct when i did it the gear was way higher.