Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well to be honest, when employees applied to work at my company, I generally had 30 applicants for one job, I mean I'm sure at huge companies it gets even bigger. So in theory the fail rate or the people that you like turn down eventually is always much greater than 40%, unless your job is really not wanted.

Deleted
    I assume tat drug users that are unable to get a job also don't receive any form of food stamps or government aid?

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    the names of anyone that fails should be reported to the states unemeployment board and all gov't benefits cut and removed from gov't housing..... ok just a warning the first time i guess. two failures though no sympathy anymore.
    Great, so long as the same is done for every single person who receives government aid. Let everyone take drug tests. That would be veterans, farmers, all government employees, students, old people... and the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I assume tat drug users that are unable to get a job also don't receive any form of food stamps or government aid?
    Oh, don't be silly. These brave souls are entitled to every bit of aid that everyone else is and possibly some SSDI payments for their disability if they really use a lot of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Great, so long as the same is done for every single person who receives government aid. Let everyone take drug tests. That would be veterans, farmers, all government employees, students, old people... and the list goes on.
    I'm OK with that. /shrug. But its not really practical sadly. Doing drugs starts as a choice, and if it leads to addiction its due to that first choice. Get help to get to get off them or deal with the consequences of continually using them.

should likely be noted i fully think weed should be legalized federally. Though like alcohol it would be up to an employer to determine if they want to higher someone that smokes or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    so wrong sadly....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Your missing the point .... in this case ... it WOULD effect the job ... massively lol
    Like they said, it would if you came to work high. Not if you smoked a joint over the weekend. The reason they do not know the difference is that they think the more sophisticated tests are too expensive. Assuming that the price difference is high but not outlandish the solution the the problem really is quite easy to see.

As for the opioid epidemic, well that is a whole different, and truly scary, story. 95 people die every day in the US as a result of a clever 30 year old marketing campaign to sell more pain killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Which means 60% don't. I fail to see an issue. Besides, who do you think applies for a job at a factory?
    Who exactly do YOU think applies for a job at a factory? Only poor or uneducated people? Only one race? Their is absolutely nothing wrong with learning a trade that has someone work in a factory. Hell, they make more than many White collar jobs. What do you imagine when you hear someone works in a factory?

My company does random drug tests. Accidents that lead to lawsuits are ugly. The state of NJ is one of the most litigious in the union. So drug testing isn't going away.

Do you perform tests to make sure people aren't drunk at work? What about chronically tired? Emotionally disturbed?

There's a myriad of things you can test for but don't, many of which offer higher risks of injury.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Until the possibility of getting involved with a lawsuit goes away...(Hah! Never will happen), companies will continue to drug test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Who exactly do YOU think applies for a job at a factory? Only poor or uneducated people? Only one race? Their is absolutely nothing wrong with learning a trade that has someone work in a factory. Hell, they make more than many White collar jobs. What do you imagine when you hear someone works in a factory?
    Working in a factory doesn't teach you a "trade" for starters.

But the average Machine Operator salary according to Indeed is ~$11/hr.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Working in a factory doesn't teach you a "trade" for starters.

But the average Machine Operator salary according to Indeed is ~$11/hr.
    I did not say they taught you in the factory. Lots of jobs in a factory require you to have things like Plumbing / Electronics / Welding certifications. The job you are looking at is likely the baseline, 'watch the machine do the work, push the button if something goes wrong' babysitting job.

Pretty sure worthless piece of shit employers who can't tell the impairment difference between someone on opioids and someone who tokes a spliff should be living under a bridge, not running a business.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good. I don't want to work with druggies. If it eliminates some of my competition at the workplace, so much the better. I will always support something that benefits me, especially if it comes at the expense of people I don't like. This is pure win/win for me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

It really is not hard to do some jobs high and effeciently. There are different strains for different things. Not all strains make you blitzed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the company should test for hard drugs and not worry about pot. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    My company does random drug tests. Accidents that lead to lawsuits are ugly. The state of NJ is one of the most litigious in the union. So drug testing isn't going away.
    This is one of those things that doesn't get spoken about when it comes to legalization of drugs. Companies don't want people who are going to pop on drug tests. When CO went recreational, they had 3 people pop and get fired in the ensuing months. Companies won't care about legalization, especially when insurance companies and lawyers do care.

What I find very strange though, is that in every marijuana discussion, there are people trying to ban alchool

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    What I find very strange though, is that in every marijuana discussion, there are people trying to ban alchool
    It's not really strange. It's the pro-weed people trying to say "Well if you think i cant have this, you cant have this.". I disagree with the argument that beer = weed in terms of its effect.

Nice put everyone. Thanks for posting something worth reading.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious to know about how many people are failing the drug tests due to Marijuana, just 40% of applicants fail drug tests.