Poll: the class mount, I:

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shaman class mount

Gotta admit this thing is way too cool don't you think? I didn't really appreciate it until I just got it yesterday. Play ele and love my fire guy bouncing from side to side. Do you love it or do you use something else?

15+ Year Old Account
    It is probably the best looking class mount they done and i love it, maybe a tad tall for swooping around the Broken Shore all the time but i use mine lots.

i like it, but one thing ruins it for me.

your character model shrinks when you ride it.

it ruins it for me entirely. also not being able to use the enhance version annoys me, since it's the best.

I like it, I just wish we could choose which version we ride on. No idea why some classes get multiple mounts while others get stuck with spec only variations.

It's a flying turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite, I own many class mounts by now but the only 2 I use most of the time are shaman and warrior ones

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I like it, I just wish we could choose which version we ride on. No idea why some classes get multiple mounts while others get stuck with spec only variations.
    I can't use mine unless I unlock flying, so...

Deleted
    I really do like it, but I use other mounts. Ever since I recently got Mimiron's Head, I'm using that instead of the Smoldering Wyrm.

Nothing beats a Tauren in an annoying ROFL-copter. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    (...) also not being able to use the enhance version annoys me, since it's the best.
    It's the only one that really makes sense. You can't just recolor a tornado with lightning bolts to orange and say "it is lava now". No, it is an orange tornado with orange lightning bolts.

I've been struggling to find a shaman-themed mount for years.

My one complaint is that it forces specific elementals per spec. Wind would look great with my elemental shaman, etc.

I use it, but if I ever got the stone drake I have been grinding for for years, I'd probably use that.

I like the idea of riding an elemental, but something about this particular one feels off. I'll get it eventually but don't see myself using it often.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I've been struggling to find a shaman-themed mount for years.
    There are some introduced in Cata and beyond. Air and stone elemental drakes, a firehawk, a flying disk, a core hound, a flamesaber. If only the latter could fly, it would be perfect... Oh, and of course a phoenix from TBC.

I never use big mounts no matter how cool they're supposed to be, so this one is a no go for me as well. Majority of class mounts aren't super big and are mostly "a ground mount that can fly too", like monk, paladin and warlock ones, these I don't mind, but the dk & warrior dragons or the shaman "too tall to pass doors" elemental are gonna be forever gathering dust in collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I like the idea of riding an elemental, but something about this particular one feels off. I'll get it eventually but don't see myself using it often.

There are some introduced in Cata and beyond. Air and stone elemental drakes, a firehawk, a flying disk, a core hound, a flamesaber. If only the latter could fly, it would be perfect... Oh, and of course a phoenix from TBC.
    Flamesaber is really pushing it, but specifically I was looking for a flying mount. Firehawk is great, but I can never get it to drop. I have the purple one, but it looks terrible IMO. All I have for stone is volcanic and sandstone, neither of which I am a big fan of. Not a fan of the air drakes, and the flying disc has always felt like a priest or monk mount more to me.

I do use Core hound on occasion though!

What I really appreciate is that it changes colors based on spec. Thought that was cool.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

Flamesaber is really pushing it, but specifically I was looking for a flying mount. Firehawk is great, but I can never get it to drop. I have the purple one, but it looks terrible IMO. All I have for stone is volcanic and sandstone, neither of which I am a big fan of. Not a fan of the air drakes, and the flying disc has always felt like a priest or monk mount more to me.

I do use Core hound on occasion though!
    I see. Tastes differ, and that's fine
    I personally like the drakes, even went out of my way to farm various colors. As for the purple firehawk, I agree, it's a better fit to an affli lock or shadow priest.
    What do you think of the Cindermane Charger? Being a Recruit-a-Friend reward, it may be difficult to get, but it's definitely a shaman themed mount.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-07-31 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    your character model shrinks when you ride it.
    vrykul drinking horn, problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It's a flying turd.
    Someone's a salty pally or a lok.

Each time I choose a mount for one of my character I ask myself if a hero representing my class/race combo could use this mount too, and often I try to think if the mount would make sense in Warcraft 3, were the universe was a bit more serious and less disney world for 12 year old and families. And frankly, as a shaman orc, I hardly see Thrall, Reghar, Drek'thar etc using an elemental as a mount. I hardly see a hero using an elemental mount in warcraft 3.
    This mount makes no sense for a serious shaman. For me we are victims of the "rule of the cool" or "rule of the fun", as Warlords of Draenor was, as Archimonde was, as WOTLK Nerzhul was, as BC Dranei retcon was ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I see. Tastes differ, and that's fine
    I personally like the drakes, even went out of my way to farm various colors. As for the purple firehawk, I agree, it's a better fit to an affli lock or shadow priest.
    What do you think of the Cindermane Charger? Being a Recruit-a-Friend reward, it may be difficult to get, but it's definitely a shaman themed mount.
    Horse feels odd on my draenei shaman. TBH I'm actually a fan of the Iron Horde Elekk as it looks like a flame-based creature which goes well with the 'fire' elemental shaman theme I had going, but I'm still not settled entirely. I'm not a fan of horses unless the race is suited for it; none of the shaman races IMO are. It is a cool mount though; it would be great for a fire mage. I've used volcanic before for this reason, but it just doesn't feel quite right.

(I also have an orc shaman, and in that case I really like the classic wolves for both aesthetic reasons and because I think the wolf mounts for orcs are fantastic.)

The stone drake that interests me is the rare drop from Deepholme's 5 man dungeon. I forget the name, but it is a blue stone drake. I've only ever seen it drop once, and it was while I was on a leveling alt so naturally I lost the roll. So it goes.

As for the purple firehawk, I don't like it on shadow priests or warlocks either; in that case I prefer the dusk phoenix personally. I just don't like the purple firehawk. Now, that felfire one would look amazing on a warlock, but I've yet to unlock it. The fire one would be great if I could get it to drop. Maybe someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Someone's a salty pally or a lok.
    Nice bias bro, tbh if I collected all the whine about "my class mount is crap", I think mages would be topping the charts ("omg it's a flying manhole cover" etc.). Even though I personally like the mage mount.

- - - Updated - - -

(I also have an orc shaman, and in that case I really like the classic wolves for both aesthetic reasons and because I think the wolf mounts for orcs are fantastic.)
    Imho the WOD wolves look ten times better than the classic vanilla wolves, but opinions are opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Imho the WOD wolves look ten times better than the classic vanilla wolves, but opinions are opinions.
    Those are the wolves I am referring to, specifically the unarmored Frostwolf mount.