Deleted

Question New player need some help

Hello there fellas.
    I'm here to ask a few questions , traditionally I play tank/healers but recently I got bored of that and I reckon my guild could use another DPS as well and I rolled a spriest , after reading around I found out they are not that great overall (don't get me wrong I love spriest soooo much I love everything about them , but after high seeing some high caliber players saying it sucks etc. I got the idea that I shouldn't even bother trying to gear it more than it is already.)
    So I was wondering if frost dk would be a good spec for someone who pretty much never dpsed in his life (aka not that hard to play) and if it is worth rolling one for raids and high m+
    Thanks in advance.

F DK is def. one of the easiest specs to play, but it's DPS isnt in the best of spots right now. They are looking to be better in the next patch, but overall there is better options atm. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some pull well ahead of what they should according to parses, sims etc. but still not more than a middle tier DPS. IMO easiest DPS class/spec for someone who has never DPS's would be a BM Hunter. Literally 3 button spam with a few cooldowns, hardest part is learning to manage your focus which isn't that complicated.

Try it out though, or any class for that matter. You can get a lvl 100 trial (which obviously won't give you a real endgame feel) and see what you like and feel most comfortable with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilster View Post
    F DK is def. one of the easiest specs to play, but it's DPS isnt in the best of spots right now. They are looking to be better in the next patch, but overall there is better options atm. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some pull well ahead of what they should according to parses, sims etc. but still not more than a middle tier DPS. IMO easiest DPS class/spec for someone who has never DPS's would be a BM Hunter. Literally 3 button spam with a few cooldowns, hardest part is learning to manage your focus which isn't that complicated.

Try it out though, or any class for that matter. You can get a lvl 100 trial (which obviously won't give you a real endgame feel) and see what you like and feel most comfortable with.
    Yeah i have seen the 7.3 thread and F DK seems to be getting a pretty big buff , my real question is it worth the risk trying to learn as I never played dps in my life? Or the DPS is just too bad? And another one would be if I would be able to play it well since i never played DPS
    Thanks friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relastus View Post
    Yeah i have seen the 7.3 thread and F DK seems to be getting a pretty big buff , my real question is it worth the risk trying to learn as I never played dps in my life? Or the DPS is just too bad? And another one would be if I would be able to play it well since i never played DPS
    Thanks friend
    If you aren't playing in a guild pushing for world first, frost dk dps will be fine.

A tip: play what you enjoy, not what performs the best.

Thanks friend
    I can't answer those questions for you unfortunately, but I can tell you I started my wife out as a FDK about 4 months ago with her having no wow or mmo experience ever and she likes it and didn't have too much trouble picking it up. Like i said, check it out and see if you enjoy it, if you have questions about priorities etc. there are plenty of guides and how to's out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilster View Post
    I can't answer those questions for you unfortunately, but I can tell you I started my wife out as a FDK about 4 months ago with her having no wow or mmo experience ever and she likes it and didn't have too much trouble picking it up. Like i said, check it out and see if you enjoy it, if you have questions about priorities etc. there are plenty of guides and how to's out there.
    humm... and would FDK be fine for progression? not like world first or anything but HC and M progression?

humm... and would FDK be fine for progression? not like world first or anything but HC and M progression?
    If you're looking to do the best you can, unholy overtakes frost in every single situation (in the current patch that is). Unholy isnt too hard to play and I find it much much much more fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    If you're looking to do the best you can, unholy overtakes frost in every single situation (in the current patch that is). Unholy isnt too hard to play and I find it much much much more fun
    i mean what i've seen from logs is like a 100k dps change , and i really don't enjoy unholy plays tyle that much since it looks way more complicate( might not be but it does look like it) i mean if i'm able to pull solid 800k-900k dps ( which shouldn't be impossible ) i'm wondering if that would be enough for guild progression

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    but as you said i'll look into unholy aswell , but i'm really afraid of beeing too hard and thus making me worthless since i have 0 to none experience as a dps.

You can go fine with both playstyle if you've played a warrior tank. I guess you already have the right tools (thinking about DBM, weakauras and/or compact runes). For DPS, it's the player who make the biggest difference really.
    If you don't like the playstyle, you can always switch. It's not like you're forced to stick to only one spec. The concordance past the first stage are kinda useless and take a long time to grind. Only problem is having the right legendaries, but it's not like you'll get the perfect 2 first legendaries.

i mean what i've seen from logs is like a 100k dps change , and i really don't enjoy unholy plays tyle that much since it looks way more complicate( might not be but it does look like it) i mean if i'm able to pull solid 800k-900k dps ( which shouldn't be impossible ) i'm wondering if that would be enough for guild progression

- - - Updated - - -

but as you said i'll look into unholy aswell , but i'm really afraid of beeing too hard and thus making me worthless since i have 0 to none experience as a dps.
    As long as you follow the priority system, it isnt very hard at all. It is quite engaging which is something I always look for in a dps spec. Hit a dummy for a bit and practice in LFR and you'll get the hang of it!