Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good, I say do it more, criminals have it to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    Guess you just don't feel bad about any murder then because there is always enough bad in every sub group you lump people in to. If the media made as much off of stories of another demographic as they do the anti-cop rhetoric, they'd be running with those instead.

A few bad cops, and yes it is a few, don't make all cops bad anymore than a few bad mail clerks make all mail clerks bad.

Deleted
    holy shit, after seeing that video
    That is disgusting, he is restrained, not being violent and has a towel in his mouth (presumably to stop him biting his tongue). This is nothing short of torture. Every single one of the officers should be locked up. on a brighter note, the victim will get one hell of a payout for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    ::thinking of thread title::

"3 Cops Excessively Tase Arrested Adult Individual Because He Was Not Compliant."

Nah, let's go with "3 Cops Torture Teen".
    Mental gymnastics. Sometimes a thing is a thing, and sometimes one doesn't need to come up with excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Is this before or after the fact there are videos showing the entire process? In the latter case, shouldn't you consider changing it to "We don't want to know the full story" instead?
    I just watched the video, and while I admit it does look really bad off of that clip, we actually don't know the full story. There were points I will say they held the taser way to long, however we don't actually know what lead up to this situation. At one point you can hear a cop say something along the lines, "We will do this long as needed." Having been in LE, I know that usually when someone is put into a chair like that, it is a last resort measure researved for very combative individuals that you have to get them to calm down and start being compliant.

Like I posted earlier, and you so happily just ignored. It's funny how so many times these cases of cop 'abuse' come out, and they are put on trial by 12 civilians that have no investment in the police force, say these guys aren't guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry for the guy, but is there a problem with cops in america ? I keep hearing silly stories about cops and it's only in america, gives the impression, from the outside point of view, that it's a country filled with kids that happened to be able to work in important fields like police

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    It's funny how so many times these cases of cop 'abuse' come out, and they are put on trial by 12 civilians that have no investment in the police force, say these guys aren't guilty.
    It's not "funny". It's uniform worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Well, two points.

1) If he hadn't done a crime in the first place, he would never be there getting tasered, right? Huh... something to think about... maybe don't do bad stuff, and less chance something bad happens to you.... nah... crazy.
    Why have courts if you have police, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's not "funny". It's uniform worship.
    And the 2017 mental gymnastics gold goes to Sydanyo!

Somehow a randomly select group of civilians are all 'uniform worshipers'. OR, maybe they have all the information that the public doesn't have, and have to go by hard facts and logic, not their 'feels'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why have courts if you have police, right?
    Why rely on actual facts, when you already know what happened based off of hearing one side of the story, well a portion of it and not having the full knowledge/context of the situation.

While I do hate the 'dont do crime and you wont have to worry about police abuse' BS argument, realize that most of the criminals in these cases are almost never compliant, and there is always more to the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    And British, French, Irish....
    British police are sound, dunno why you compare them to American police.

I just watched the video, and while I admit it does look really bad off of that clip, we actually don't know the full story. There were points I will say they held the taser way to long, however we don't actually know what lead up to this situation. At one point you can hear a cop say something along the lines, "We will do this long as needed." Having been in LE, I know that usually when someone is put into a chair like that, it is a last resort measure researved for very combative individuals that you have to get them to calm down and start being compliant.

Like I posted earlier, and you so happily just ignored. It's funny how so many times these cases of cop 'abuse' come out, and they are put on trial by 12 civilians that have no investment in the police force, say these guys aren't guilty.
    But does it mater what happend before they started recording it? He could have literally shot a cop and it wouldn't justify torture.

A cop's job is upholding the law and not be the judge and executioner which they where in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    But does it mater what happend before they started recording it? He could have literally shot a cop and it wouldn't justify torture.

A cop's job is upholding the law and not be the judge and executioner which they where in this case.
    No, that doesn't matter, however what does matter is if before that he had been highly combative, non cooperative, and making it so they were unable to process him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Don't worry guys, this is just the daily bad apple you hear about in the news, the rest of the police are fine. Sorry, three bad apples. All the other cops are innocent, don't mind the bad apples you'll hear about tomorrow or in the coming days for the rest of the year. Those are just single incidents too. There is no pattern of incompetence and corruption here at all. Nope, all cops are nice.
    I bet if I made a post, about *insert a minority here* doing a crime and trying to make it look like all of that demographic was guilty of that, this thread would be locked down and people would(justifiably) be in a uproar about it.

Don't be a hypocrite just because you don't happen to like this demographic of people. It is almost as if, police forces world wide were made of regular people, with their own issues like everyone else in the world. Majority made of of good people, but a few bad ones that make all others look bad, especially when ever time a instance like this happens it is national news. But they never make national news about the unknown amount of positive interactions and effect police have on their community.

This is not about a lack of training, this is sadism. This is three men who chose to torture another human being, all out of anger and enjoyment. None of them should ever be police officers again, and they all belong in prison. At that point, it is tantamount to kidnapping and torture. Let them get the same punishment that the idiotic teens who tortured the handicapped boy got.

I do not see many police officers and law enforcement groups posting it on their pages, how interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    ::thinking of thread title::

"3 Cops Excessively Tase Arrested Adult Individual Because He Was Not Compliant."

Nah, let's go with "3 Cops Torture Teen".
    He was strapped in a chair. You can't get much more compliant than being restrained and tied down. it looked like torture to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaiden View Post
    I am a cop. Seriously what in the world is wrong with you ? Not every person, including cops, are bad. This seriously breaks my heart to see this.

I have 3 children. I have a loving wife as well. Some of these comments like this are unacceptable. And yes, i work for a respectable state agency.
    - Would you taser a 19yr old suspect tied to a chair "until your batteries run out?"
    - Would you sit by and let a colleague continue tasering a fully restrained suspect "until his batteries run out" in your presence?
    - What would you do if a cop did that to one of your 3 kids when they were 19?
    - What's your opinion on law enforcement using excessive force or torturing suspects? What should be their punishment if any?

Until you answer those simple questions you can fuck off with the pity party.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is not about a lack of training, this is sadism. This is three men who chose to torture another human being, all out of anger and enjoyment. None of them should ever be police officers again, and they all belong in prison. At that point, it is tantamount to kidnapping and torture. Let them get the same punishment that the idiotic teens who tortured the handicapped boy got.

I do not see many police officers and law enforcement groups posting it on their pages, how interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

He was strapped in a chair. You can't get much more compliant than being restrained and tied down. it looked like torture to me.
    I agree, if this was them just doing this out of sadism, fire em and let him file a civil suit and make bank.

HOWEVER, being strapped in a chair doesn't mean you automatically become a compliant angel, it just means you are strapped to a chair. Trust me, there are some people that will fight you until they are physically incapable of doing so. I don't know if this is the case in the situation, but none of us in this thread do, unless you happened to personally be apart of that situation.

TBH though, I wish the discussion was more about trumps recent speech almost promoting this type of behavior if it was them doing it 'just cause'. I would love for someone to file a lawsuit/articles of impeachment because it could be said if this was done in malice, it was possible under the encouragement of the POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    "I really don't feel bad about African Americans getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch" That's how you sound. Weird how if someone said what I put in quotes they'd be automatically infracted yet you're allowed to spit that vitriol.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    "I really don't feel bad about African Americans getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch" That's how you sound. Weird how if someone said what I put in quotes they'd be automatically infracted yet you're allowed to spit that vitriol.
    Just wanting to quote this for emphasis, this is basically what every single one of these threads are. A 'accepted' version of bigotry that is allowed, if people fuck up, they should pay for what they have done by whatever means the law says is appropriate. However these overly violent keyboard warriors really need to take a step back and realize what they are saying. This is the same rhetoric that white supremacists uses to justify their bigotry and hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    - Would you taser a 19yr old suspect tied to a chair "until your batteries run out?"
    - Would you sit by and let a colleague continue tasering a fully restrained suspect "until his batteries run out" in your presence?
    - What would you do if a cop did that to one of your 3 kids when they were 19?
    - What's your opinion on law enforcement using excessive force or torturing suspects? What should be their punishment if any?

Until you answer those simple questions you can fuck off with the pity party.
    First off, please stop referring to these adults as kids. And as I have pointed out numerous times, sometimes the methods cops have to use to get people to actually cooperate seem like torture to the untrained. Spraying mace in someone's face could be seen as a form of torture, but sometimes it is needed. Hell, solitary confinement is basically a form of torture, but its used in jails every day, because it is the only way you can handle some criminals.

However, if this was a case of them torturing this man, they deserved to be fired, look at being prosecuted for all laws applicable such, and I would even like for them to be able to be sued in civil court.

Just wanting to quote this for emphasis, this is basically what every single one of these threads are. A 'accepted' version of bigotry that is allowed, if people fuck up, they should pay for what they have done by whatever means the law says is appropriate. However these overly violent keyboard warriors really need to take a step back and realize what they are saying. This is the same rhetoric that white supremacists uses to justify their bigotry and hate.

First off, please stop referring to these adults as kids. And as I have pointed out numerous times, sometimes the methods cops have to use to get people to actually cooperate seem like torture to the untrained. Spraying mace in someone's face could be seen as a form of torture, but sometimes it is needed. Hell, solitary confinement is basically a form of torture, but its used in jails every day, because it is the only way you can handle some criminals.

However, if this was a case of them torturing this man, they deserved to be fired, look at being prosecuted for all laws applicable such, and I would even like for them to be able to be sued in civil court.
    So, tell us what you think. Do you think they went far past what should be allowed? Do you think any of these officers should ever wear a badge again? What should they be charged with, if anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, tell us what you think. Do you think they went far past what should be allowed? Do you think any of these officers should ever wear a badge again? What should they be charged with, if anything?
    I can't say, i don't know the full story, and I don't presume to make an opinion based off of little facts.

I will say that if they are guilty of torture as many seem to 'just know its true', then they should never have a badge, cause its hard to pass a background check when you are a felon. I don't know laws well enough to say what they should be charged with, but I'm sure torturing and stuff are pretty serious crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    There is a big difference here.

Cops are beholden to guidelines, laws and policies. While it would be near impossible to crack down on every criminal belonging to a certain minority, it should be very easy to enforce discipline, rules and policies throughout a workforce. You can't fire someone from being a minority, but you can fire someone from being a cop.
    There is no difference.

People are passing judgement, some calling for extreme violence against them, purely based off the acts of a few and their own prejudices against that group. Most of the time, its also basing their judgement when the 'facts' they 'know' are 100% false, or at least not entirely true. Notice how when you use very generic terms, someone that doesn't know the context of the discussion would be likely to assume it could be some minority group.

Take a step back from the discussion, and try to take your own bias's out of the equation. None of us can completely do that, but it is best if we do so, to not become hypocrites(or at least not so much of ones).

People are beholden to guidelines, laws, and policies. While it would be near impossible to crack down on every criminal, just like it is impossible to figure out what person might be a bad cop until something bad happens. You shouldn't hate someone for being a minority, just like you shouldn't hate someone for being a cop.