Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    "Britain" or "the British government" - there is a difference .
    Is it not a representative government you have over there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I was planning a vacation in the UK somewhere in 2019, but I guess I will have to give my money to some other country now.
    I wonder how much money you will lose from tourism.
    If the pound keeps dropping then they could actually attract some tourists... I mean damn visiting London was never as cheap as now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    All of which done without ever consulting the British public.
    The stupidity of this post is mindblowing ... never heard of elections? Don't complain if you are too ignorant to participate!
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

I think you are confusing coming here on holiday with coming over here to live, work etc. There is no way that the UK will require EU citizens to have a visa to travel to the UK on holiday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Is it not a representative government you have over there?
    We have a British democracy.

Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    The stupidity of this post is mindblowing ... never heard of elections? Don't complain if you are too ignorant to participate!
    Not as mindblowing as your post which shows zero understanding of UK politics. In case you didn't know the ONLY political party in the UK that advocated leaving the EU was UKIP, that came from 0.3% share of the vote in 1997, increasing to a massive 3.1% share of the vote in 2010. In 2015 there share of the vote rocketed to 13% at which point the Conservative Party, presumably feeling threatened called a Referendum on leaving the EU.

I think you are confusing coming here on holiday with coming over here to live, work etc. There is no way that the UK will require EU citizens to have a visa to travel to the UK on holiday.
    This has not been confirmed by any official source.

The best they mention is Australia's system, which in my opinion is still a visa, as if you're not automatically approved you have to scan documents like bank statements and get documents from your employer that you work there, what salary you get and etc.

This is still way to annoying for me and it still feels like you're being treated like a potential criminal.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-07-31 at 04:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have a British democracy.
    That is a no/yes/sort of?

- - - Updated - - -

This has not been confirmed by any official source.

The best they mention is Australia's system, which in my opinion is still a visa, as if you're not automatically approved you have to scan documents like bank statements and get documents from your employer that you work there, what salary you get and etc.

This is still way to annoying for me and it still feels like you're being treated like a potential criminal.
    It's also pretty damn invasive.

- - - Updated - - -

Not as mindblowing as your post which shows zero understanding of UK politics. In case you didn't know the ONLY political party in the UK that advocated leaving the EU was UKIP, that came from 0.3% share of the vote in 1997, increasing to a massive 3.1% share of the vote in 2010. In 2015 there share of the vote rocketed to 13% at which point the Conservative Party, presumably feeling threatened called a Referendum on leaving the EU.
    So you're saying up until 2015 there was no real interest by any means to leave the EU?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    The EU's insistance of unlimmited mass immigration is unsustainable, nothing wrong with immigration, the UK needs immigrants but the problem is with the word unlimited.
    And where do you get this idea that the UK is being forced to take in unlimited numbers of refugees? Any proof?

Also, this whole refugee crisis is the result of a war. It's not like there's likely to be another similar crisis any time soon. So there's no point having existential fears about Europe taking in a few million refugees. Doing anything other than that would go against what the West is supposed to stand for. I get that Brexiteers and right-wingers think they have balls of steel or something, but being afraid for Britain due to a million refugees coming in only makes them look like whiny sissies.

- - - Updated - - -

Giving them a leg up I support. Letting them all get jobs in the UK I don't.
    I just have to reply to this one.

Please, please, I beg you. Explain to me why British employers would rather employ non-UK EU nationals. Who's forcing them? This is an argument that is being used all the time, and no one has ever answered this question to me. If you don't, I'll just assume you're parroting away one-liners from politicians and your brain is such a sponge that it hasn't even occurred to you to think it through one bit, because the argument crumbles at the hint of inspection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    No, it wasn't.

It was a move to protect their culture and native heritage from the globalists.

Why is that hard to understand, and or, why are you against that?
    No one was trying to take away their culture or native heritage. Jesus. "Globalists". Gotta admire the propaganda machine when you can actually make people think there's other people who have as a goal in democratic countries in the 21st century to take away from other countries their culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Explain to me why British employers would rather employ non-UK EU nationals. Who's forcing them? This is an argument that is being used all the time, and no one has ever answered this question to me.
    Brexit is not about the EU forcing the UK to accept foreigners, it's about the UK government forcing British employers to hire UK citizens by limiting their access to the EU market.

So you're saying up until 2015 there was no real interest by any means to leave the EU?
    Not at all, there has always been a hardcore of support for leaving the EU. UKIP was (is) a single issue party though and leaving/staying the EU was not the biggest concern for most people in the general elections and I suspect this is still the case.

Deleted

The problem with Brexit discussions is people take it personal

15+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, there has always been a hardcore of support for leaving the EU. UKIP was (is) a single issue party though and leaving/staying the EU was not the biggest concern for most people in the general elections and I suspect this is still the case.
    Strange definition of hardcore support you got yourself there.

Strange definition of hardcore support you got yourself there.
    You misunderstand, the hardcore support would want to leave the EU come what may and see that as the biggest political issue. I didn't say they were numerous, hence me saying it was not a number one concern for 'most people'

15+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstand, the hardcore support would want to leave the EU come what may and see that as the biggest political issue. I didn't say they were numerous.
    So as i said up until 2015 there was no real interest in leaving the EU, else the people would've voted for ukip if it was by any means a priority issue, or your representatives aren't representing their voters.

So as i said up until 2015 there was no real interest in leaving the EU, else the people would've voted for ukip if it was by any means a priority issue, or your representatives aren't representing their voters.
    Incorrect, the interest was there, its just that people felt there were more pressing issues at election time and didn't want to throw their vote away with UKIP.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-...t_entity=en-uk

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It was done because David Cameron felt threatened by Nigel Farage and the rise of ukip.
    And the Tories thought that they would end up in a coalition with the Lib Dems again who would never allow a referendum to go ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect, the interest was there, its just that people felt there were more pressing issues at election time and didn't want to throw their vote away with UKIP.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-...t_entity=en-uk
    Thanks for confirming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

The problem with Brexit discussions is people take it personal
    When British politicians build the anti-EU case part on personal attacks, looking directly at the UKIP group in the EU parliament it is rather normal this happens. Other part of this is that you had plenty of brits claiming that if all filthy immigrants would leave it would bring back jobs to their "own people" what again is a personal attack on everyone not british.

Not to mention the silly one liners about supreme rulers in brussels that supposedly decide everything, you also have more those of lies and misrepresentation of the EU and its citizens.

Last but not least the UK had a lot of say in the EU parliament they had a lot of special treatment, what honestly did not at all sit that well with the rest especially if you pair it with the misplaced arrogance and victim role the UK politicians dared to play. Or how they blamed EVERYTHING wrong within the UK on the EU, lacking any spine to take responsibility for their own political system and mistakes, I mean i can go on about this but yeah if the last decade of UK politics was about how bad the EU and its citizens were hurting the UK, you can't go and say that people take it personal since the UK politics made it personal, but apparently this lack of class and style is considered normal for your politicians over there.

All of which done without ever consulting the British public.
    All of which done with the explicit backing of the British public, or is the UK not a democracy?
    The British public were consulted multiple times and each time they voted representatives in power who pushed for these things.
    The democratically elected representatives of the UK are the responsibility of the British public, as are all their official acts.
    That is what the sovereignty the British public allengedly wants back means: Being able to elect and being responsible for the ones governing the country.

- - - Updated - - -

We had a referendum in 1975 where UK politicians basically missold the concept to its electorate. What followed was 40 years of increasing political union which the UK electorate was not able to vote for until last year when the electorate was given another chance to have their say.
    The electorate was able to vote regularly, that is why they are called the electorate: Because the elect politicans in elections.

Thanks for confirming.
    Confirming what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    All of which done with the explicit backing of the British public, or is the UK not a democracy?
    The British public were consulted multiple times and each time they voted representatives in power who pushed for these things.
    The democratically elected representatives of the UK are the responsibility of the British public, as are all their official acts.
    That is what the sovereignty the British public allengedly wants back means: Being able to elect and being responsible for the ones governing the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The electorate was able to vote regularly, that is why they are called the electorate: Because the elect politicans in elections.
    Do I really have to regurgitate the last two pages worth of my posts?