Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Titanforged and a casual

I understand that a lot of the Mythic raiders hate the TF system.

I'm on the opposite end of the end of the spectrum. I love the TF system as a casual player and I hope it is always in the game in some form.

The fact that I have a chance as a casual player to get something really really good. (yes even better than Mythic drops)is just awesome and has a real impact on retaining me as a player everyday.

there should always be a chance that you will get something really really awesome and powerful in game even though you dont have the interest or time in working in a very structured group and commitment to get it that lvl of gear normaly. No I'm not saying i should be able to get a full set of 955 gear as a casual player but that I should have a chance at 1 or even 2 piece of that lvl gear just from doing normal and heroic content.

The TF system is really great and keeps me playing knowing that if luck is on my side one day I may get something really awesome.

The reason people hate titanforging as a high end player is not because it allows low end players to get high gear
    but because it makes high end players feel they have to do ALLLLLLL the content to have a chance at getting a horrible low peice of gear that will be super amazing BIS if it titan forges.

i cant remember where it was said, i think bellular, but titanforging would be better if it worked
    a piece titanforged, cool it got 50/50 and instead of 900 is now 950
    or one that drops it 25/50 and instead of 900 is now 925
    but for a non titanforged piece, it will be 900 with 0/50 and using something you earn here and there, that allows you to upgrade the items 5 ilvl at a time

10+ Year Old Account
    Think one of the main reasons it is hated, is because people are obsessed with the 'BiS' hunt. Almost as if some believes they cannot be good raiders without AT LEAST being 75% BiS.

- - - Updated - - -

I for one, like the system. Just gives you the added surprise to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Think one of the main reasons it is hated, is because people are obsessed with the 'BiS' hunt. Almost as if some believes they cannot be good raiders without AT LEAST being 75% BiS.

- - - Updated - - -

You cant do good mythic dps without Bis legendarys and titanforges which are RNG. If you dont want to be bis then this game isnt for you and you should quit asap.
    Try to prove your BS to mythic semi/hardcore guilds.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It has kept me playing longer then expected but right now I don't farm gear WQ at 860 pieces hoping to get a 885 (LFR) or better piece.

Obviously the 860 WQ loot was tuned for Nighthold and 7.3 will see WQ drop 875-880 on PTR (unsure about a dungeon itemlevel increase as of yet as it wasn't implemented on PTR dungeon journal), Raid loot was +30 up from ToS in all difficulties however.

Titanforging a 860 WQ item to 940-955, or soon a 880 WQ to 960-985 not gonna happen. And I don't expect it either.

Full 930-955 from LFR not gonna happen either.

I still do most PVP tower WQ when they got Relics as it's the best source to get 880+ ones outside of LFR or Nethershards when not doing M+ or regular raids.

I got a couple characters at 900-907. I know it means nothing now with ToS raiding but I don't expect 915+ gear from doing only world boss/LFR/WQ either. Without at least normal raids and M+.

I've seen +20 , +25 , +30 sometimes, but really higher then that is super rare. But I can see the concerns with heroic/mythic raiding overlap.

+10 or +15 happens often enough for heroic and base mythic to be similar, and heroic is often farmed in more volume, especially by high end splitfarm. Obviously mythic loot can titanforge itself too, so after progression itemlevel still increases somewhat.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-31 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    You cant do good mythic dps without Bis legendarys and titanforges which are RNG. If you dont want to be bis then this game isnt for you and you should quit asap.
    This is stupid. Your first sentence is correct. Your last sentence is autistic bile. I'm a self-proclaimed elitist and don't understand how you could ever tell someone the game isn't for him because he doesn't want to come into the holy-land of big dick DPS. Just mayhaps let him play the game how he likes?

Majority doesnt care if a casual gets one piece of gear higher than Mythic.

Problem with TF is that its not capped at some point and gives "false" hope, others call it incentive to play but its not that.

I shouldnt have to go and farm some 930-950 EN trinket for my BM to be considered BiS.

I shouldnt have to go and farm some M+ for my BiS relic because relics in the Active Raid have shit bonuses (Whoever thought this was a good idea, wtf).

Etc etc.

That is the problem that is created..Random casual got a TF? Who gives a fuck.

Fellow raider got 3 BiS TF Relics in 10 runs while i am already at my 100th and havent gotten it? <--Problem that causes the QQ.

There is generally a weird balance with Relics and trinkets, or well major imbalance, making older trinkets better if they TF etc, which is bad concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    This is stupid. Your first sentence is correct. Your last sentence is autistic bile. I'm a self-proclaimed elitist and don't understand how you could ever tell someone the game isn't for him because he doesn't want to come into the holy-land of big dick DPS. Just mayhaps let him play the game how he likes?
    Sorry but I dont recognise Casuals as Normal players

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The reason people hate titanforging as a high end player is not because it allows low end players to get high gear
    Lol no, we could hardly care less about lower players getting good gear. It just creates a stupid grind that doesn't need to exist when it already exists through Legiondaries and getting pieces to drop in the first place.

There's enough RNG, it really doesn't need more.

They should cap TF at the lowest iLvl of Mythic (in this case, TF should cap at 930) instead of letting Mythic pieces able to be TF'd as well up to +25.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is fine if they keep it but it has no place in Mythic raiding. It really should cap at 930 for ToS (Mythic iLvl loot). I don't think anyone would really be upset with that result.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I don't dislike (hate is a strong word) Titanforging because of what players I don't play with can get. I dislike it because it can create such gaps in ilvl between raiders of the same team, doing the same content.

I literally couldn't care less if some Billy LFR-mates gets 1 or 2 Titanforged pieces @ 925 or such. I do however care when I do the same content as teammates, and yet I become weaker due to bad RNG. It's still a case of them being good for the team though, so I'm able to put aside those bad feels. I still don't think Titanforging should function the way it does. Warforging of 5 ilvl points? Fine. Items being able to jump 40 points? No thanks.

Legendaries can fill the Titanforging slot, they already do meaning we've got RNG-elements times 2 to our power gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Edogthewonderfrog View Post

I'm on the opposite end of the end of the spectrum. I love the TF system as a casual player and I hope it is always in the game in some form.

The fact that I have a chance as a casual player to get something really really good. (yes even better than Mythic drops)is just awesome and has a real impact on retaining me as a player everyday.

there should always be a chance that you will get something really really awesome and powerful in game even though you dont have the interest or time in working in a very structured group and commitment to get it that lvl of gear normaly. No I'm not saying i should be able to get a full set of 955 gear as a casual player but that I should have a chance at 1 or even 2 piece of that lvl gear just from doing normal and heroic content.

The TF system is really great and keeps me playing knowing that if luck is on my side one day I may get something really awesome.
    I'm sure getting free stuff is nice. Would you not rather just have items mailed to you? Lazy, thats whay you are.

I think this is the general consensus regarding the titanforging system in Legion. It's a pain in the butt for high-end players who like to optimise, but it's pretty much a universal positive for low-end folk who just want to keep improving their characters slowly over time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't dislike (hate is a strong word) Titanforging because of what players I don't play with can get. I dislike it because it can create such gaps in ilvl between raiders of the same team, doing the same content.

I literally couldn't care less if some Billy LFR-mates gets 1 or 2 Titanforged pieces @ 925 or such. I do however care when I do the same content as teammates, and yet I become weaker due to bad RNG. It's still a case of them being good for the team though, so I'm able to put aside those bad feels. I still don't think Titanforging should function the way it does. Warforging of 5 ilvl points? Fine. Items being able to jump 40 points? No thanks.

Legendaries can fill the Titanforging slot, they already do meaning we've got RNG-elements times 2 to our power gains.
    Stop lying you love RNG and wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Try to prove your BS to mythic semi/hardcore guilds.
    You didn't understand what I said, did you? Your answer is exactly what I meant, the fact that you are obsessed with random number generation to achieve your maximum is what breaks apart a lot too. And as for the rest of your comment, @Polarthief adds my views to that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Which is fine if they keep it but it has no place in Mythic raiding. It really should cap at 930 for ToS (Mythic iLvl loot). I don't think anyone would really be upset with that result.
    I would love to see it gone from the highest raiding. Would also reduce the foaming rage some creates because their good piece of loot, aren't good enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edogthewonderfrog View Post

I agree, that the TF system is pretty cool, but there really needs to be limit. As a casual player, is there really a difference between getting an upgrade from 850, which titanforges to 900 or an 850, that titanforges into 930.

Try to put yourself in this situation: You are a casual player, that after months of play actually wants to go a bit more hardcore, maybe going into heroic raiding. The rewards in heroic raiding is right now is 915. Lets say that you have played alot of casual content and even done some pugs in normal here and there. For the average player, with the TF system, 50% of your items will proberly be 915 or over just by having WF and TF happend to you. This makes it so that 50% of your potential reward for actually pushing yourself and doing harder content is gone. This is a thing, that happends to everybody atm because of the TF system. People are finding it harder and harder to go up in difficulty, because what is the point when you already have better gear then you get rewarded.

This is just one of many problems an unlimited TF system gives. Getting a 930 gear piece from normal is cool, but the good experience that that gives is outweighted by the hundred of other experiences, where TF has a long lasting negativ effect on the game.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I hope they keep it in game , as a casual with 915 ilvl on my chars cause of TF/WF system i dont really care about the tears of tryhard raiders and if people enjoy it blizz will keep it .

Titanforging needs a cap. The fact that an 845 heroic dungeon piece of loot can theoretically TF all the way to 955 (very unlikely but not impossible) is exactly what's wrong with the entire system. There needs to be some sort of cap on how much a piece can TF. It's an otherwise great system turned shit because Blizzard doesn't know how to do things in moderation.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only people who have any reason to hate it are like 3 guilds in the entire world, honestly. Those ones that are actually competing for WF. Beyond that it's just people with no self control, people who listen to Asmongold and think that all of his rants and whines apply to themselves, and people who just like complaining.

Nobody is farming anything below Heroic for titanforge pieces, it's so unlikely that a normal or lower piece will give you a decent TF that it's not even worth trying for.

And if you're worried about some casual having at most 2 pieces of decent gear, that's just silly. They're not doing your content, they're not in your raid, they're in no way a threat to you, so really who gives a fuck? I mean if someone having a couple pieces of decent gear is threatening to you, that's a you problem, not a titanforging problem.

It will never be the case that someone running lower content than you will have better gear or even equal gear, so it's a complete non-issue. At worst just cap TF to 5 ilevels below the base level of current tier Mythic and the imaginary problem is solved. Though that's not even necessary considering how few people actually run Mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Titanforging needs a cap. The fact that an 845 heroic dungeon piece of loot can theoretically TF all the way to 955 (very unlikely but not impossible) is exactly what's wrong with the entire system. There needs to be some sort of cap on how much a piece can TF. It's an otherwise great system turned shit because Blizzard doesn't know how to do things in moderation.
    It may as well be impossible. I've seen a max level TF from a WQ *ONCE* in a screenshot, back when the TF cap was sub-900. It's about as likely as winning a small local lottery, ie your chances of it happening are ridiculously low. If it was a common occurrence it would be a problem.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2017-07-31 at 07:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but because it makes high end players feel they have to do ALLLLLLL the content to have a chance at getting a horrible low peice of gear that will be super amazing BIS if it titan forges.

i cant remember where it was said, i think bellular, but titanforging would be better if it worked
    a piece titanforged, cool it got 50/50 and instead of 900 is now 950
    or one that drops it 25/50 and instead of 900 is now 925
    but for a non titanforged piece, it will be 900 with 0/50 and using something you earn here and there, that allows you to upgrade the items 5 ilvl at a time
    While it could proberly work as a system, it would require a major overall of the entire reward system....Unless you want the new highest item lvl score be 980(930+50).

If you can get mythic consistant mythic gear by just getting random WF, gear reward from raiding pretty much disappears.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    While it could proberly work as a system, it would require a major overall of the entire reward system....Unless you want the new highest item lvl score be 980(930+50).

If you can get mythic consistant mythic gear by just getting random WF, gear reward from raiding pretty much disappears.
    how would gear reward from raiding disapear?
    just because somone doing a world quest can get a lets say 850 item that can go to 900
    well a mythic raider gets 900 peices, they can then upgrade those 900 peices to 950