Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    the secret here is that all this freedom and 1776 is exactly what the illuminati want.

1984 is the best possible outcome for our lives. if you have nothing to hide why do you not want CCTV in your house?

i have no problem all my conversations being recorded because i am not a criminal. if you are not a criminal you would not mind either.

any argument to this point is irrelevant and proves you are a criminal so i win the debate that will not take place because there is none because i already won it.
    Most likely sarcasm or you have never read the book

If you have not read the book, read up on the term thought crime, criminal activities had very little to do with Big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ehh, i think for a large part we are lucky this is a long time of peace but the peace is no longer as stable as it used to be, you see things not breaking into pieces yet but cracks are showing.

What means things can go both ways.
    Not really. There are cracks. Bad things do happen but the world economy is a little too inter-connected for wide-spread war. Its simply much easier to make lots of money when things are mostly (but not entirely) peaceful.

It seems like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Not really. There are cracks. Bad things do happen but the world economy is a little too inter-connected for wide-spread war. Its simply much easier to make lots of money when things are mostly (but not entirely) peaceful.
    War can come in many shapes and forms however, one could argue that the sanctions right now aimed at Russia is hurting their people at population also. I don't expect us bombing each other "again" into the 1800's is a realistic scenario i however do see plenty of other harmful scenario's, mostly cyber and economic related for now.

Also wars elsewhere like Russia siding with Assad and destabilizing Syria is also an act of aggression on the EU since that created a refugee stream that attempted to destabilize Europe, what is a goal of Putin. Same goes for his attempt to support parties that intend to end the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    the secret here is that all this freedom and 1776 is exactly what the illuminati want.

1984 is the best possible outcome for our lives. if you have nothing to hide why do you not want CCTV in your house?

i have no problem all my conversations being recorded because i am not a criminal. if you are not a criminal you would not mind either.

any argument to this point is irrelevant and proves you are a criminal so i win the debate that will not take place because there is none because i already won it.
    Come on... put some effort into trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    When you have people telling you how to think, telling you what you are allowed to say, saying that being a certain colour is bad.. Where once colleges and universities were about education are now becoming indoctrination centres and many other things that are happening, then yes the world is going that way..

It is just happening in a way that by the time people realize what is going on it will be too late..
    Glad to see someone on here gets it.

I think 1984 is a European thing, Orwell was European, he based it on the Spanish Civil War and the Rise of the Soviet Union, North Korea etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The book was written because it's becoming reality. Just sayin'.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So long as regressives preach intolerant tolerance, try to tear down free speech, label people constantly and try to punish thoughtcrimes. I'd say we are on our path to a dystopia, maybe not full 1984, but the retards are definitely trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Is the Left not composed of people? Has the Left not on paper been in power for 16 of the past 24 years? What totalitarian system were they trying to implement? What totalitarian system was suddenly in danger of being implemented but was apparently averted last minute?
    Um, the Snowden revelations under Obama about mass surveillance. Obama doing everything in his power to grab and blacksite Snowden, Assange, Manning (he was successful with the last) forcing them to take refuge in foreign countries.

Thankfully, us Republicans managed to hobble Obama during the mid-term elections, making him effectively a lame duck president. Without executive power, Obama set up a SJW cult of personality: 10 million impressionable, low self-esteem (body image problems) young girls turned feminist Stasi/Red Guards policing free speech on campuses, twitter, forums. Hillary was the SJW champion, but again thanks to us Republicans we stopped her ascension and preserved liberty.

Orson Welles' 1984 is almost already reality, they've just been good at hiding it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think 1984 is a European thing, Orwell was European, he based it on the Spanish Civil War and the Rise of the Soviet Union, North Korea etc.
    The Ideas raised in that book, are universal... it's not a "Europe thing" what happened in that book, I highly suggest reading it, was world wide.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-07-31 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo

Here's a cartoon version of the rat cage the goberment straps to your face in 1984.

I've always assumed people never read it and lied about reading it to impress others.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Here's a cartoon version of the rat cage the goberment straps to your face in 1984.

I've always assumed people never read it and lied about reading it to impress others.
    Sure, but they never actually use it on Winston. Tey just threaten him with it (the rats never end up biting him).

How's that different from SJWs threatening people with losing their jobs to get them to shut up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Naw it just turns out that idiocracy wasn't just a movie, It was a prophecy.
    I love that documentary from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/fCZBnUt6rZ0
    No. /thread?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Sure, but they never actually use it on Winston. Tey just threaten him with it (the rats never end up biting him).

How's that different from SJWs threatening people with losing their jobs to get them to shut up?
    Threatening to kill someone is "slightly" different from making someone lose their job. Not to mention that these threats are very real and not just random shouting over social media. The Party can and will eliminate all threats to its rule, no exceptions, no excuses. It is far beyond SJWs, with the only possible choice being unconditional love for the Big Brother. Fail to do so and they will make you.

I know that some people believe that SJWs are incredibly influential (forgetting that their supposed importance is highly varied across the globe), but they are a joke when compared to the Big Brother. Think "North Korea's wet dream", not "crazy feminists".

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Um, the Snowden revelations under Obama about mass surveillance. Obama doing everything in his power to grab and blacksite Snowden, Assange, Manning (he was successful with the last) forcing them to take refuge in foreign countries.

Thankfully, us Republicans managed to hobble Obama during the mid-term elections, making him effectively a lame duck president. Without executive power, Obama set up a SJW cult of personality: 10 million impressionable, low self-esteem (body image problems) young girls turned feminist Stasi/Red Guards policing free speech on campuses, twitter, forums. Hillary was the SJW champion, but again thanks to us Republicans we stopped her ascension and preserved liberty.
    Can I buy some drugs from you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Modern day western civilization is far closer to Brave New World and Idiocracy than 1984.

Look at the current US president. He's what happens when a population takes for granted the peace and power brought about by living in the world's superpower. It's a result of the bombardment of irrelevant information people get that makes them afraid of non-threatening things.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    1984? Nah. Too optimistic.

And many even more depressing books as well.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a critical takedown of 1984, look at what Isaac Asimov had to say about it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.