Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    This is definitely relevant, Why Jon didn't let Davos finish what he was saying baffles me. I wonder if he'll tell her he was resurrected from the dead.
    If I told you I could come back from the dead you wouldn't believe me or worse you would test it out and strike me down to see it for yourself
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-07-31 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Stannis held Storm's End with small crew for a year, against the entire might of the Reach. The stronghold of a richer house, with a good position on top of a hill, offered a great asset against splintered Reach force and a part of Lannister army. The one that suffered losses left and right and part of which is probably stationed in King's Landing to defend it. The army we saw marching on Highgarden was anything but impressive.

Storm with what? The mountain acting like a battering ram? They didn't even have siege ladders.

Ehh, she's been scraping the bottom of the barrel labeled "unfit" since S2. Right now she's clawing her way through it.
    Stanis is no use as an example, Mace Tyrel did not ever bother to directly attack the castle, he was content to starve them out.

Ladders are not exactly hard to build, or grappling hooks. Neither are battering rams for the matter. Casulties during sieges are set to about 1:4 to 1:10 in favour of the defenders. Since there were very few defenders, the Lanister casualties were likely not severe. That is, if there were even enough man in the castle to properly man all the walls. Also, the men left behind would be the worst part of the garrison.

She is not getting any better at it, her whining about her entitlement is really starting to bore me.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted
    Personally I feel like this season has been rushed, compared to the others. The quality of the episodes so far this season has been very much below what they usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhtyhx View Post
    Personally I feel like this season has been rushed, compared to the others. The quality of the episodes so far this season has been very much below what they usually are.
    Yeah it feels very rushed for the epic fantasy series that it is. Careful saying that here people will think you just want 8 episodes of hardhome battles but I just want the ending game of thrones deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Remember though his men betrayed him. That may not want to be something you bring up when you're trying to sell yourself as a strong leader
    I think it's more so they dramatically unveil the story later on and everyone starts putting together the pieces of him being the Prince that was Promised or whatever terminology they want to use in the show.

Also, Jon's tale of the walking dead is already hard enough to believe without him adding that he also died and was rezzed afterwards.

Quick question, who knew Little Finger betrayed Ned, leading to his arrest, leading to his death. I`m pretty sure he is executed as soon as anyone find out in Winterfell.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Azhtyhx View Post
    Are you somehow forgetting the three seasons that preceded it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It took her seven seasons to realize that the common folk of Westeros doesn't have wet dreams about the idea of her returning. At the current pace of her realizing things about rulership, we'd need a tad few seasons more than planned for her to get this one.
    That is a fair point... although to be fair she was raised by people who constantly fed her lies about the will of the westerosi, so it's no real surprise she believe their lies.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Cercei cosplaing Danny by gaining an ally whom she owes all her successes (Euron motherfucking Greyjoy). Imagine if he didnt come to offer himself to her. She wouldnt do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    I think part is the betrayal and the other part is he didn't bring himself back so why brag?
    I'd also say it's just not something Jon is completely comfortable about anyways. He was pretty shook and I think it still bothers him... " I didn't ask for this" be it king or brought back from the dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    One of my favorites on the show, love how she just destroys everyone verbally, ye she will be missed.

Insulting cersei infront of the mountain not giving a fuck.
    So sad indeed she should have been around until the end of the show...she could break the night king's composure with a rude comment..

She got one of the nicer deaths at least. Downing a glass of wine with poison in it beats having your head squeezed in or being torn apart like hodor

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    She got one of the nicer deaths at least. Downing a glass of wine with poison in it beats having your head squeezed in or being torn apart like hodor
    And telling Jaime she killed Joffrey, savage as fuck. At least it lets off a bit of steam between him and Tyrion even though he never really liked Joffrey in the first place. Jaime the Queenslayer coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    And telling Jaime she killed Joffrey, savage as fuck. At least it lets off a bit of steam between him and Tyrion even though he never really liked Joffrey in the first place. Jaime the Queenslayer coming soon?
    I have this feeling Jamie is going to strangle her, tyrion style but instead of a scarf/bed linings it will be his hand.

Also, since when is Cersei a mastermind? I thought the definite arc of her story last season was her descent into madness. I figured this season would be her fiddling while KL's burned around her, ignoring rumors of dragons and wights while focusing on petty shit like Tyrion and people who threw shit at her during her walk of shame. But suddenly she and Jaime are masterminds. Nevermind that Jaime has done a total 180 on hating her at the end of last season.

I see they tried to shoehorn the "Sept blew up on accident!" line, which any intelligent person (including a banker who wasn't even there) saw through immediately. Why the peasantry of KL isn't in open revolt is beyond me.

I guess the only reason I can think of is they need an actual formiddable opponent for Dany at some point, so they've contrived a plot where Cersei suffers no consequences for the Sept of Baelor, forges an alliance with someone who would never want to serve her, goes up against a dilly-dallying army which could have crushed her if not for its own incompetence/splitting of their forces, and then destroys them/baits them to a trap easily. And it's explained by Jaime learning from the Whispering Wood? What? I don't see how the two fights were analogous at all. Robb just plain defeated Jaime, he didn't do much trickery or diversions, unless an ambush qualifies as trickery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm still confused about why Jon and all are being secretive about his resurrection. He gave Davos a fucking glare when he mentioned being stabbed in the heart. Does he not have the scars any more? Can't he take off his armor and say, "I died, and was resurrected by a red priestess named Melisandre."

"Oh really? She's been here - let's go fetch her and corroborate this story? Varys?"

"Yes, my Queen, I thought it was weird she didn't want to meet with Jon and Davos despite knowing them, and then she admitted to leaving on bad terms with them - so I detained her to use her as leverage if they wanted to mete out some sort of justice to her or something. Mel?"

"Oh yeah, he was dead. I rezzed him. I thought Stannis was Azor Ahai, Varys I know you think Dany probably is - but it's probably this dude right here."
    She did not believe Jon about the White Walkers. Imagine what she would have thought if he said he came back from the dead. It would not have helped him at all. Also it goes with his character. Jon said himself that he did not want to be crowned King in the North. He's certainly not any more interested in becoming a religious icon.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I think Jon was hush hush about the resurrection because frankly it would have sounded unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    So sad indeed she should have been around until the end of the show...she could break the night king's composure with a rude comment..

She looked a bit like Natalie Dormer when she was young.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    They eloped, lyanna willingly ran off with him, had brandon known that, things would have been completely different. The starks would have been marring into royalty, and someone Lyanna loved, a better match entirely than Robert, they wouldn't have cared.

Bravos was built by former slaves, the Iron bank is a bank, if you don't think it didn't have its hands in the trade that practically ran the content im not sure what to tell you.
    No it wouldn't have, he still spat in their face. Starks don't care about royalty or politics.

You're really making up excuses, the Mad King was an insane dog who needed to be put down.

I Lold when Bran nonchalantly reminded Sansa on the night she got buttfucked by Ramsay.

10/10 savage.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, since when is Cersei a mastermind? I thought the definite arc of her story last season was her descent into madness. I figured this season would be her fiddling while KL's burned around her, ignoring rumors of dragons and wights while focusing on petty shit like Tyrion and people who threw shit at her during her walk of shame. But suddenly she and Jaime are masterminds. Nevermind that Jaime has done a total 180 on hating her at the end of last season.

I see they tried to shoehorn the "Sept blew up on accident!" line, which any intelligent person (including a banker who wasn't even there) saw through immediately. Why the peasantry of KL isn't in open revolt is beyond me.

I guess the only reason I can think of is they need an actual formiddable opponent for Dany at some point, so they've contrived a plot where Cersei suffers no consequences for the Sept of Baelor, forges an alliance with someone who would never want to serve her, goes up against a dilly-dallying army which could have crushed her if not for its own incompetence/splitting of their forces, and then destroys them/baits them to a trap easily. And it's explained by Jaime learning from the Whispering Wood? What? I don't see how the two fights were analogous at all. Robb just plain defeated Jaime, he didn't do much trickery or diversions, unless an ambush qualifies as trickery.
    Yeah, as I mentioned it's all to 1) set them up as the season's starter villains before the Walkers come in and 2) to make it hard on Dany so she actually has to use these dragons that everyone wants to see in action. Logic and plot consistency be damned, the Lannisters must suddenly turn into masterminds who have steadfast, teleporting allies and plans that don't fail while their opposition sits there and takes it until the scriptwriter tells them they're allowed to punch back for the inevitable ''you go guy/girl'' moments.

Honestly I'm not sure I would still be watching this show if it wasn't for a select few cool characters, some scenes that are still well directed and because I want to know the ending of this story already even if they muck it up. Since GRRM is not releasing the last two books anytime soon if ever.