Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Um do you have a rogue at 110?
    Except, you'd be wrong, since that's Detheroc we killed, who was ALSO disguised as Mathias Shaw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Garrosh is badass for hating Alliance for no reason, but Jaina is crazy bitch for hating horde for reasons.
    Both are badasses. Except, 1 caused mass genocide. The other didn't, cause she just knows better.

I don't see either of them as out and out Villains. They both are just angry people who've lost a lot during war etc. So they have general hatred toward a group and both recently have decided that vendetta is more important than the task currently at hand. Fine. That doesn't make them Villains, there are people on forums wanting them to be villains or controlled by the greater evil, but overall looking just at the story neither are villains in the traditional sense and I'm a horde loyalist to the core.

That being said, Genn is super annoying and should take a little responsibility for the bad shit that has happened, but he's also king of the emos so I get it. Be glad when someone buries an axe in him. Jania, I like the arc of her going through so much and kind of giving into rage a bit and saying fuck you I won't keep playing nice with the horde. She is kind of justified and her olive branch has been tossed in the fire a couple times now.

I think overall the game needs division within the factions and the arising of more neutral-esq or isolationist factions. People breaking away from the Alliance (this one big time) and the horde (most of us are dead or the division is occurring a bit still) I think that kind of stuff would be a good change of pace from the traditional band together kill big bad guy. I'd like to see a little political play on that front and getting some stronger setup kingdoms within the major factions.

Jaina has balls that doesn't make her a villain. People complaining WILL make her a villain though

-Looks at Garrosh-
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Jaina has balls that doesn't make her a villain. People complaining WILL make her a villain though

-Looks at Garrosh-
    No it won't. They're not gonna pull another Garrosh. They've learned that mistake.

*Looks at WoD*

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Garrosh is badass for hating Alliance for no reason, but Jaina is crazy bitch for hating horde for reasons.
    Garrosh was a dumbass for hating the Alliance for no reason, Jaina is a dumbass for wanting to attack the Horde after all that happened.

Then again that's no surprise, Blizzard pretty much cannot write the faction war without making all its belligerents into hot-headed idiots. That also includes Genn.

Because the Forsaken are villainous. And I say this as someone who's mained one since 2005. We're the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Because the Forsaken are villainous. And I say this as someone who's mained one since 2005. We're the bad guys.
    Well, you have a Forsaken, so it counts. :

Just one thought that could eventually change the idea that she left us in our hour of need and has been doing nothing. What if we find out after Legion is over that she teleported home to Kul Tiras, only to find it under seige by Naga, and she has been dealing with them and holding back the tide because she knows we are facing the Legion?

It's not like she just had to teleport to some cave and has become a crazy hermit as the only story option.

Jaina is not a villain; she's a hero that abandoned her post. This forum wants her to become a villain because Jaina could be super badass if she breaks bad (like when she almost drowned all of Orgimmar in the novels) and would be a worthy boss. I'm feeling like Jaina will be our heroic champion against Azshara in the next expansion though.

-Looks at Garrosh-
    There's a difference between having balls and just being a bitch every time you show up. Genn is a hardass, but he's also given moments of sympathy, such as his soft spot for Anduin.

I don't think Jaina has been portrayed as sympathetic since the purge of Dalaran. And yeah, that's probably unfair to her as she has plenty of valid reason to feel the way she does, but that's just how Blizzard writes her.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Well, you have a Forsaken, so it counts. :
    Sometimes I RP telling quest givers about how I'm going to murder everyone they send me after.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    There's a difference between having balls and just being a bitch every time you show up. Genn is a hardass, but he's also given moments of sympathy, such as his soft spot for Anduin.

I don't think Jaina has been portrayed as sympathetic since the purge of Dalaran. And yeah, that's probably unfair to her as she has plenty of valid reason to feel the way she does, but that's just how Blizzard writes her.
    Jaina hasn't shown empathy? Yeah no. You're just bias because she's feminine or Alliance.

I like jiana ,cata garrosh and genn character
    there hatred is important for war
    to make faction hate each other

Jaina hasn't shown empathy? Yeah no. You're just bias because she's feminine or Alliance.
    He means "Since the Purge of Dalaran", which is still SOMEWHAT false. He did have 1 Sympathetic moment during Warcrimes. But, during both WoD, and Legion, she's been Horde biased. So, he's not wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Jaina is not a villain; she's a hero that abandoned her post. This forum wants her to become a villain because Jaina could be super badass if she breaks bad (like when she almost drowned all of Orgimmar in the novels) and would be a worthy boss. I'm feeling like Jaina will be our heroic champion against Azshara in the next expansion though.
    No. She wouldn't be a "Worthy" boss. Maybe in a quest, or in a 5 man, but that's it. I'm not going from fighting Titans, to having Jaina as a raid boss, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Well, to be fair now, he did win that war he started, at Stormheim. So, GG Genn.
    While he did, technically, win he lost the Alliance their most powerful Gunship and however many lives were on that ship that didn't get out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since when was Jaina labeled as a villain?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Genn is a good guy. I think he's the most horribly written character in the game and I hate him.
    nice source "i dont think he is"

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    okay, but where's your source for Genn being seen as a good guy? I personally want to turn him into a fur rug, but I might be biased in that since I'm Horde.
    Im with you on all points. Genns blind hatred is horribly written. He doesnt just hate sylvanas... he just hates. I think sylvanas would look great with a greymane pelt on her shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    nice source "i dont think he is"
    Thats not a source thats an opinion.

Dunno what the issue is here but both have suffered from the same actions of the Horde:

Had their cities devasted by the Horde.
    Had their people murdered by the Horde.
    Had lost loved ones by the Horde.
    Had their land taken and or destroyed by the Horde.

Sought vengeance against the Horde
    Heavily dislikes the Horde

Jaina is the "villain".
    Genn is the "hero".

I don't understand..? Is it because of their gender or personality?
    Probably has some thing to do with the fact that Jaina is trying to commit genocide against the horde, and Genn just wants them brought to heel.

That said, I perceive him as a villain sooooooo... There's that.