Poll: Do you think artifacts will carry over to the next expansion?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just give us player housing already. Enough with things like Garrisons and Order Halls.
    They've already explained why they can't do this.

Garrisons are one thing. Running five million separate, unique instances is competely another.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post

Garrisons are one thing. Running five million separate, unique instances is competely another.
    Source?

Would like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I didn't say you "have" to farm it, just that getting it is pointless. As it is right now, AP is just something that takes up inventory space until I can be bothered to switch specs to dump them into some other spec cuz my main one won't benefit enough from more lvls of Concordance to keep using it.

Imo, if something is this pointless than might as well not be in the game.
    My understanding is you are banking it, like we did before the current patch and we will dump it into more traits.

I have all 3 specs at concordance on most characters I play regularly. I am now dumping on main for those new traits coming next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop. Where have they said that?
    On every possible occasion when they've been asked about it. I don't know how they'll do the transition for the next expansion but we won't keep our artifact weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where's the option for "Blizzard already said artifact weapons will NOT carry over and I believe them"

It's that time of the year: next expansion speculations. I've recently came back to the game and as someone who used to play a lot of alts with a lot of different specs it's really hard to keep them all up to date with their artifacts.

So I was wondering: is it even worth it? Will any of it matter in the next expansion? How is it gonna be handled?
    What's your opinion? Do you want artifacts to continue? How would you explain that we suddenly stop wearing them?
    I highly suspect that some form of the artifact system will carry over, but not the actual artifacts themselves. You should probably be ready for a soft-reset where the grind starts all over again. I wouldn't worry about having to keep up with this expansion's grind just to be ready for the next. That NEVER happens.

Think about it for a little bit. They said that Garrisons were pretty much a failure, and yet there's the same game mechanic in Legion in the form of the order hall missions. It's just not as much of a primary focus as it was in WoD.

The problem with Blizzard saying anything at this point is that they've got a history of changing things and citing "conditions in development" as a get out of jail free card. The only way you're going to know for certain what will happen in the next expansion is to wait until it goes into beta. And even then things could change AFTER launch.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-07-31 at 10:42 PM.

Chances are you will be able to use them to like 119/120 of we get a 10 lvl increase next xpack. Then at max the on use effect will stop working.

They won't...but i wish my lava burst animation would.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they won't. Blizzard has said this multiple times. They aren't carrying over.

It's no different that spending weeks getting BIS on your characters just to see it all replaced in the next expansion by leveling gear. If leveling your artifact isn't worth it to you then getting BIS probably isn't either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post

That is a bullshit answer for them not wanting to do it. UO was able to implement functional customizable player housing over 15 years ago. It was simultaneous and persistent use for hundreds of thousands of players, you shared it with all of your characters. If Blizzard can't figure it out by now with all of the improvements in equipment and software then they have bigger issues than we know about in the search for competent programmers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    That is a bullshit answer for them not wanting to do it. UO was able to implement functional customizable player housing over 15 years ago. It was simultaneous and persistent use for hundreds of thousands of players, you shared it with all of your characters. If Blizzard can't figure it out by now with all of the improvements in equipment and software then they have bigger issues than we know about in the search for competent programmers.
    Yeah, its pretty sad that other games have done, and done it well, but the Bliz programming team can't. This and their inability to increase the size of the default backpack. 33 years of programming experience: I call bullshit. I suspect the issue is more about how much time it will cost rather than the enhancements not being doable.

No, it has already been said by Blizzard, why do we have ANOTHER thread on this?

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    probably we have to sacrifice all the power in our weapons to defeat whatever is gonna rofl-stomp us. Then the class orders dissolve and we go back to war for a patch until something unifies us once again.
    I meant more of what type/quality of weapon people get. As a mythic raider for example and even heroic in some cases you weapon often lasts until you hit the next level cap. If they just give everybody a blanket 1000 item level weapon or something it is just going to add another log to the rage fire.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a bit out of the loop. Where have they said that?
    Almost every Q&A they have done. The question is asked over and over.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    I think the blizzcon they announced artifact weapons. And probably a good few blue posts over on the official forums.
    Their no has gotten less solid and more ambiguous each as time passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Blizzard has repeatedly said they wont. How they deal with removing weapons across the board is another thing all together.
    This leads me to believe my conspiracy that WoW is ending...

Aliens! The end is nigh! Repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I meant more of what type/quality of weapon people get. As a mythic raider for example and even heroic in some cases you weapon often lasts until you hit the next level cap. If they just give everybody a blanket 1000 item level weapon or something it is just going to add another log to the rage fire.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost every Q&A they have done. The question is asked over and over.
    That's the problem they're realizing I think. There is no easy way to undo this. Obviously they aren't getting sacrificed on Argus, so storywise alone it's hard to push. Add in the ilvl thing you said and the fact that there are multiple other similar issues at hand mechanically in regards to them and they might as well keep them.

Dont think they will. As stated, Blizzard has flat out said that they wont. Although I wish they would. I like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they won't.

I liked having something to level once I was done with my main, but it made alts obnoxious to keep competitive, although that seems to be a recurring theme in Legion.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's the problem they're realizing I think. There is no easy way to undo this. Obviously they aren't getting sacrificed on Argus, so storywise alone it's hard to push. Add in the ilvl thing you said and the fact that there are multiple other similar issues at hand mechanically in regards to them and they might as well keep them.
    We might end up keeping them as a temporary stat stick like old weapons, but all the extra crap in them turns off. No more talent tree or other things baked into your weapon. As far as lore they can say we sacrificed them somehow, used all the power they had or gave them back to original users in some cases.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We will probably lose them in the 8.0 patch. I think we will keep a lesser form of the item without all of the traits, however I expect a number of those traits will be baked into the classes. As far as next expansion goes, I assume the system or something similar will be brought along with us, just not with our weapons.