Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Thete made a good point in one if his videos that the only class to charge in a cinematic was Tyrion, a paladin, but it's somehow a warrior ability? I think the art team likes paladins a lot more than the class design team does.

What made Ret what it was, was its versatility in combat. It wasn't necessarily the king of anything except maybe bursting down priority targets. Its versatility made up for it not being "the best" at most things. Ret has lost a lot of its versatility, and as a result, its identity.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Frost Mages need more attention, guys. They're not doing well enough, right? ARE YOU KIDDING ME
    Mages and rogues will always till the end of this game being favorites for devs, if there is something ever actually wrong with them it will be fixed or adjusted but never to a huge nerf.

Something something until Ashbringer is gone, Paladin complaints invalid.

I hope the epicness returns to Ret.

they are professional at what they are professionals aswell.

We won't get the rework we need until next expansion most probably. Must click Candy Crush Saga MOD
    Last edited by skr1107; 2020-10-14 at 11:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odds are that if we don't get a rework on a rehaul of the ret system, we won't see anything new until 8.0

Deleted
    The inherent problems of the spec design remain there since launch , only real change done was the horse baseline. So the frustration is real.
    On top of that their late moves : buff cs and zeal, buff boj, t20 and ring created even more problems : they may have addressed some damage problems (dont take me wrong the effects were really minor) but created even more : u are forced to squize even more spells inside the debuff window resulting in a total mess, generators on cd and waiting , spells cast outside debuff window (either finishers or boj), resources overcapping frequently. Taking a look at top parsing rets last week one can see that although the gap between the other classes is better (the current situation is outside the scopus of the post) and dps wise rets are middle of the pack or middle bottom, the game-play rotation wise is a total shitpile.
    So to be honest with changes like this i hope they leave us in peace , do some hotfixing tuning ,let us crippled for the remaining of the expansion and they better get some team working on rets for the next expansion starting now.
    And i do hope they get some proper game testing team sooner than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it could happen in 7.3.5 as well.
    Why do a rework of a class late into the expansion such as 7.3.5? By then the 8.0 launch would be probably 4-6 months out.

Would seem like a lot of dev time down the drain, unless they keep the same rework for 8.0 but doing so would be unfair for ret since vritaully everybody else would get a rework.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    On the contrary: I want it to be HARDER. I want to have a higher skill ceiling!
    I completely agree with you. Personally I believe they should bring something like empowered seals and implement it as following: You have the standard crusade build, easy to use/decent dps and add emp. seals (instead of holy wrath) as a more difficult (i.e. playing it wrongly would result in a worse dps than crusade) alternative that would result in higher dps if played correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Why do a rework of a class late into the expansion such as 7.3.5? By then the 8.0 launch would be probably 4-6 months out.

Would seem like a lot of dev time down the drain, unless they keep the same rework for 8.0 but doing so would be unfair for ret since vritaully everybody else would get a rework.
    7.3.5 would likely coincide with Argus raid, so likely around decemberish. 8.0 not likely til this time next year (if the next xpac drops in septemberish) so more like 7-9 months.

Deleted
    Just give us back the execute hammer already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Feral rework seems to be because the mandatory talents made the spec too complex for their taste.

Ret's mandatory talents don't complex anything really. So probably not.
    The problem with feral which largely caused the rework was that there was almost zero build deviation in the entire tree. The only thing you'd ever change was to take brutal slash very occasionally, that was it. The point of the rework was to stop jagged wounds and bloodtalons defining the entire spec since the spec should define itself, not 2 talents.
    Other problems included having 2 mandatory talents in the same tier. I realise that sounds odd but as the Soul of the Archdruid legendary gives one of the mandatory talents, it becomes pretty clear.