Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I think we have different ideas of what "free" is. What you are referring to is RNG, not FREE.

So I do LFR and get a titanforge...it has happened and they are always garbage DE/vendor titanforges...like 10-15 ilvls, when I can get better elsewhere. Of course tier never titanforges for me...so those who get it are LUCKY, ala RNG.

Free means i did no work to get something. I have to work to stay awake in LFR and stomach the environment...trust me it is hard for me, so I only do that when I have a quest from the mission board.

To get shards is a lot of work too. It involves using my time. How much is your time worth? Mine isn't free. I burned like 50k shards yesterday on the RNG lottery. I got a 930 titanforged ring with BiS stats on my monk...I also got the same boots like 5 times...exactly the same fucking boots...so RNG can be kind or complete bullshit...in over 100k shards I've gotten 1 titanforge...do you know how long it takes to get 100k shards? I want to punch things when I think of it.

So no, it isn't free. It is LUCKY as hell. It felt GREAT getting a useful one when I get 99/100 loots that are complete shit. That is most likely the way the devs want it to feel.
    Yeah... Great design, no doubt.
    It's like Blizzard is not even trying anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To be blunt: There are many, many more casual players than mythic raiders. Blizzard has, for the first time in a while, prioritized and started listening to what casual players enjoy.

With any luck they will continue to do so while also providing mythic raiders the content they want.
    The heck are you talking about? Blizzard has done what the casual player want since Wrath and it's only getting worse.
    Legion is the worst expantion yet and the titanforge system is one of the reasons why.

you shouldn't be able to get a piece of loot that outclasses loot from the highest tier content (mythic raids) from a random boar. its a huge kick in the nuts when you do heroic, get a 950 after just clearing mythic and removing a mythic piece for it. why is mythic even in the game at that point? Titanforging outside of high rated pvp and mythic raids should be capped at the BASE ilvl of the current mythic tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    If you dont want to be bis then this game isnt for you and you should quit asap.
    On the contrary my angry friend! YOU should quit cause the game is for casuals not Bis'tards

10+ Year Old Account
    So I dont care about your 98% of the autistic casual kids population trash BS RNG is fine. I give zero fucks about your RNG bitch bullshit. RNG and TF are for diablo. Not for wow. Get over it and prepare for Antorus first LFR wing.
    You remind me of a guy who lost to a fling team with 67 6 rolls and 21 1 roll and blamed rng for his failure. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, Hordefanboy would be stupidly salty if he knew I was 912 ilvl and havent set foot in any raid beyond normal, and that was only to get my artifact skin.

To all the hardcore folk who hate it when casuals or 'normies' get better loot, I heard Wildstar is hurting, positively hurting, for people like you.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    If you can't raid without BIS gear, then this game is not for you and you should quiet ASAP........ See what i did there
    That's actually true, there wasn't much people who actually managed to get everything from their BiS list through an expansion. And even less people who did that during fucking progress. While good gear for sure helps to kill bosses that... are tuned for you to have good gear, it's just a matter of time until you'll get it, so you either are hardcore player and do split raids, or you are a casual player who doesn't, that's the whole difference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Man, Hordefanboy would be stupidly salty if he knew I was 912 ilvl and havent set foot in any raid beyond normal, and that was only to get my artifact skin.

To all the hardcore folk who hate it when casuals or 'normies' get better loot, I heard Wildstar is hurting, positively hurting, for people like you.
    he is too hardcore for rng man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    you shouldn't be able to get a piece of loot that outclasses loot from the highest tier content (mythic raids) from a random boar. its a huge kick in the nuts when you do heroic, get a 950 after just clearing mythic and removing a mythic piece for it. why is mythic even in the game at that point? Titanforging outside of high rated pvp and mythic raids should be capped at the BASE ilvl of the current mythic tier.
    I fail to see how it's a kick in the nuts. You probably go all "gosh darn it!" when you see bar bar bar on a slot machine? Because that's basically it
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You cant do good mythic dps without Bis legendarys and titanforges which are RNG. If you dont want to be bis then this game isnt for you and you should quit asap.
    Try to prove your BS to mythic semi/hardcore guilds.
    Well aren't you a cute little snowflake.

My guild swapped to personal loot due to it. All of my mythic items are either WFx2 or titan forged on mythic and so are my relics. Im not sure what the deal it but every boss kill we get 1 - 2 titanforged items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiara View Post
    Anyone remember how back in the day, as the current raid tier had been out for a while, Blizzard would slowly increase a zone wide buff players or nerf the bosses over several weeks to allow guilds struggling on progress to clear the place?
    It's basically "bad luck protection" for guilds that got shitty rolls on loot. Back in Ulduar we had only one fucking sword drop from XT that was ninjaed by a loot master warrior and gtfo to pvp through 4 or 5 lockouts. Not a single pyrite infuser (do not count the one that went to a random rogue who didn't make through the bridge), but holy fuck how much shields and mail we had dropping from literally everywhere without any fucking hunter and with one shaman.

So, yeah, with "fixed" loot system they can go really slow with "determination" buffs and with boss nerfs

Idiots who think TF is a bad system, forgot or dont know how it worked before any "forged" drops came along.

You always farmed older content, the difference is now there is both AP and a possibility of getting a good procced item as a reward.
    Contra that single set item or trinket ppl still farm for without any chance of proccing higher ilvls.

WF/TF system helps every single raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The reason people hate titanforging as a high end player is not because it allows low end players to get high gear
    but because it makes high end players feel they have to do ALLLLLLL the content to have a chance at getting a horrible low peice of gear that will be super amazing BIS if it titan forges.

i cant remember where it was said, i think bellular, but titanforging would be better if it worked
    a piece titanforged, cool it got 50/50 and instead of 900 is now 950
    or one that drops it 25/50 and instead of 900 is now 925
    but for a non titanforged piece, it will be 900 with 0/50 and using something you earn here and there, that allows you to upgrade the items 5 ilvl at a time
    Good post, and completely true.

I remember seeing people in Nighthold LFR saying that they were running it for the extremely tiny chance it would give them a super titanforged upgrade. It opened my eyes to just how bad the system was; TBH I never put much thought into it before then.

It's one of my favorite additions too. Not because raid gear can get stupid high, but because it means I can get an upgrade from essentially anything. That plus artifact power is a great way to keep content relevant. If people think yo u have to do old stuff because of that then that's their problem.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

but because it makes high end players feel they have to do ALLLLLLL the content
    And this is different then any other point in Wow how? A select part of the high end player's have always felt they got to do all the content and have bitched about it non-stop.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Idiots who think TF is a bad system, forgot or dont know how it worked before any "forged" drops came along.

You always farmed older content, the difference is now there is both AP and a possibility of getting a good procced item as a reward.
    Contra that single set item or trinket ppl still farm for without any chance of proccing higher ilvls.

WF/TF system helps every single raid group.
    I agree. People seem to think they should expect titanforging. When you compare it to the old system it's just free gear. Take it as it is or stfu.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Doing heroic/mythic bosses with higher item level items from the boss before you kill it is a great system

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm sure getting free stuff is nice. Would you not rather just have items mailed to you? Lazy, thats whay you are.
    One guy say this SYSTEM force people to work hard to do WQ, ALL LFG LFR, EMERALD NIGHTAMRE N/H/M, NIGHTHOLD N/H/M, TOMB N/H, FARM SHARD, just to get TF gear.
    This guy say people that like this system is lazy. LOL

Of course you are wrong. It is the polar opposite of lazy if you see a guy with ilvl remotely comparable to mythic raiders doing only LFG LFR WQ and perhaps normal AND that guy is also lucky.

The reason people hate titanforging as a high end player is not because it allows low end players to get high gear
    but because it makes high end players feel they have to do ALLLLLLL the content to have a chance at getting a horrible low peice of gear that will be super amazing BIS if it titan forges.

i cant remember where it was said, i think bellular, but titanforging would be better if it worked
    a piece titanforged, cool it got 50/50 and instead of 900 is now 950
    or one that drops it 25/50 and instead of 900 is now 925
    but for a non titanforged piece, it will be 900 with 0/50 and using something you earn here and there, that allows you to upgrade the items 5 ilvl at a time
    Boo fucking hoo times a thousand at those people. They chose the lifestyle, do it or don't do it.

titanforged needs to go or given control. the current state is terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

On the one hand, it's a fun thrill. I grabbed a TF cloak as a reward for, IIRC, an invasion scneario- nothing awesome, an 880 though. Base level? 825. Was I kind of psyched? Sure, it was an upgrade at the time. Upgrades are nice.

On the other hand, I got several other drops in NH that were all ~870, 875. But they were disappointments because they were NOT upgrades.

That's the one issue I see with TF stuff from casual content - it breaks the association between content level and gear level. Usually, higher content gives better gear so you have some incentive to do it. WF is a nice bonus. TF can be so high that it's silly.

The solution, I think, is straightforward. WF procs are +5 ilevels. TF procs are +10 with a chance for an optional gem slot. But +20 or more ilevels is, I think, not good design.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-08-01 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Which is fine if they keep it but it has no place in Mythic raiding. It really should cap at 930 for ToS (Mythic iLvl loot). I don't think anyone would really be upset with that result.
    I still would be. I really don't want to keep farming older dungeon and raid items that happen to be on my BiS list. This system promotes even more power creep than is already present because they simply can't make the new tier set as good or worse than the old one. They can't make new trinkets with the attempt at being "on par" with the old ones. If they do that then they will potentially miss and the end result will be people farming old raids for the chance that the old loot titanforges. Remember when every agility user was farming EN mythic for that Bloodthirsty Instinct trinket because it was better than all the ones in Nighthold? Yeah that is going to happen unless they drastically power creep the fuck out of the old trinkets. The reason that every tier could have a very powerful trinket in it before was because it would be outclassed eventually, and even if it wasn't ever outclassed you'd still just be using that version of it. If an 880 BTI is better than the 905 loot from NH then so be it. At least you only need to get it to drop. As is, you need to keep farming it to try to get a 925 or you need to farm M+ to get a 955 relic because the new raid doesn't drop a relic type with the one trait you want. That problem would also go away if they removed or capped titanforging. Mythic raid drops 955 and everything else drops 930 max? You'll be using the raid gear usually since they usually have 955 gear that is better than anything else in the game at 930.