Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    So?Make it so that they don't last long, or create requirements or limitations.

Again, why this suddenly a problem?
    Like @Teriz said, it's OP. It's always been a problem along with the a.i. which is kind of all over the place once it passes a certain threshold. BM Hunters complain about it constantly.

I just think it's funny how @Ielenia has no problem with dozens of skeletons, but said that 3-5 turrets would be OP only a few dozen pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Like @Teriz said, it's OP. It's always been a problem along with the a.i. which is kind of all over the place once it passes a certain threshold. BM Hunters complain about it constantly.

I just think it's funny how @Ielenia has no problem with dozens of skeletons, but said that 3-5 turrets would be OP only a few dozen pages ago.
    In BM cases they have permanent pets and two spells that can be used instantly that buff said pets, don't need to be facing the enemy, can be used on movement and so on.

Uh and Demo are balanced around needing preparation (FesteringWounds/Soulshards) in Dk case they have long Cd and Warlocks can be interrupted.

If they balance the Skeletons around the First option, yea, it would be Op,

but if they made the summoning either need a cast time or having charges for example, summoning 2 per charge having 2-3charges would be balanced since either you go all out or run out of resources.They can also make them need setup before unleashing the undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I just think it's funny
    I think it's just funny how it's obvious I tossed the number 10 just as a random number, yet treat it as if I was advocating for that exact number to be summoned.

As for the turrets thing, it's obvious for anyone who has followed that argument: Teriz wanted to make the turrets the focus of the class, with several abilities to empower the turrets and all that jazz. Not to mention the turrets being permanent*, too.

(* = until destroyed/dismissed)
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

TBH minions are mostly treated as visual DoTs. They constantly attack and are stuck on target until they wear off or stop attacking. A permanent pet is just a DoT with different conditions to fall off (Pet dies, leashes out of range, etc).

A Necromancer in WoW would effectively play like any caster except it summons minions that deal the same type of damage as a DoT, with the added benefit of distracting enemies. Guild Wars 2 Necro is a decent example of how minions can work in an MMO environment. Summon, sacrifice, rinse and repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    TBH minions are mostly treated as visual DoTs. They constantly attack and are stuck on target until they wear off or stop attacking. A permanent pet is just a DoT with different conditions to fall off (Pet dies, leashes out of range, etc).

A Necromancer in WoW would effectively play like any caster except it summons minions that deal the same type of damage as a DoT, with the added benefit of distracting enemies. Guild Wars 2 Necro is a decent example of how minions can work in an MMO environment. Summon, sacrifice, rinse and repeat.
    That would appear to be the direction that demonology is going. Doubt they would give that direction to another class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    So?Make it so that they don't last long, or create requirements or limitations.

Again, why this suddenly a problem?
    Everything in the game requires limitations, or it is overpowered.

That would appear to be the direction that demonology is going. Doubt they would give that direction to another class.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything in the game requires limitations, or it is overpowered.
    Wtf?

I said that if they need limitations give them, those things are not a problem because we already have easy solutions.

They did it with 2 summon based specs, why would this be a problem with a Third one?Would blizzard magically forget how to make such things?

I think people who think tinkerers are gonna be a thing haven't completely thought how the class would be tied to an expansion. Does anyone really think gnomes/goblins will be a major expansion theme? They tried an impopular theme combo, panda/monk, how'd that go? Think the comedy relief of wow will ever be the focus of it? I for one dont want one.
    Last edited by Heffladin; 2017-08-01 at 01:51 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    Considering the next expansion we're likely to see (focusing on the fight against the void), I imagine the next hero class would have something to do with the Light; we already have Paladin and Priest, though... So, I'm not sure what the next Light-based class would be.
    Bishop? Presiding Bishop? Archbishop? XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dark Ranger (or some other void-themed class) seems feasible in the future.

Necromancer is very slightly possible given how much some people go on and on about it.

However, outside of potential hero classes, I foresee a tech-themed class to be put into the game eventually. The 'tinker' as it were, is also currently the most popular and most asked for class that has not yet been implemented. I doubt it will be a 'hero' class however, so I do not know if that counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    I think people who think tinkerers are gonna be a thing haven't completely thought how the class would be tied to an expansion. Does anyone really think gnomes/goblins will be a major expansion theme? They tried an impopular theme combo, panda/monk, how'd that go? Think the comedy relief of wow will ever be the focus of it? I for one dont want one.
    I'm confused as to why you think the expansion would need to be themed around it. If an expansion had an emphasis on technology in some way, or just had the gnomes or goblins play a bigger role than usual, it would be totally justifiable. The expansion doesn't need to revolve around it.

The only thing that matters is that people want to play it. Provided people do, Blizzard can make it work easily. And trust me, there are a lot of people that want to play as a tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Dark Ranger (or some other void-themed class) seems feasible in the future.

Necromancer is very slightly possible given how much some people go on and on about it.

However, outside of potential hero classes, I foresee a tech-themed class to be put into the game eventually. The 'tinker' as it were, is also currently the most popular and most asked for class that has not yet been implemented. I doubt it will be a 'hero' class however, so I do not know if that counts.
    Nah, Dark Ranger is definitely more popular and asked for than Tinker, though I'd certainly prefer the latter.

@therealbowser , tell me, which added class has not been heavily tied to the theme of the expansion? I don't mean to seem presumptous, but I'm just looking at blizzards track numbers.
    Last edited by Heffladin; 2017-08-01 at 02:27 AM.

@therealbowser , tell me, which added class has not been heavily tied to the theme of the expansion? I don't mean to seem presumptous, but I'm just looking at blizzards track numbers.
    This is an incorrect assumption.

"Because they did not do it previously, it can't/won't be done."

I have no doubt it would tie into the expansion somehow, but it doesn't have to be the core theme of the expansion. That said, if they made a full on gnome/goblin expansion with full steampunk features and aesthetics, sign me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not? If done properly, anything can become popular. Mists of Pandaria sold well, and is considered one of the better expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nah, Dark Ranger is definitely more popular and asked for than Tinker, though I'd certainly prefer the latter.
    I see comments and suggestions for Tinkers constantly, I can probably count on one hand the requests for dark rangers. Maybe I've seen less and you've seen more, but my personal experience is quite different in this case.

Dark rangers do have some popularity though, more than many others, and with the stuff going on with Alleria, well.. it's a real possibility we'll see this class in the distant future.

Mistweavers fit in the same general theme of the Brewmaster: Pandaren-based and drinking brews to empower.

Kodo Riders and Hearthsinger Forresten really don't.
    Huh... What general theme do dps monks have with brewmaster? Definetly not as strong of a shared theme as a mounted drummer and a guitarist/singer/whateveryouconsiderabard

Being relatively new to WoW forum communities, and this is just anecdotal evidence I've seen Tinker and Dark Ranger tied for most requested/talked about, followed by Necromancer, then Dragon-themed class, then Bard.

As for an expansion theme to fit Tinkers in, best option would be one where the Alliance v Horde story plays a larger focus. I honestly feel like a Tinker is the easiest to fit into any expansion. "??? Enemy is wiping us out, the ingenuitious Tinkers leave their workshops for adventure and to show the enemy they aren't to be F'd with."

You also doubted Demon Hunters so I guess that doesn't mean much.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Being relatively new to WoW forum communities, and this is just anecdotal evidence I've seen Tinker and Dark Ranger tied for most requested/talked about, followed by Necromancer, then Dragon-themed class, then Bard.

As for an expansion theme to fit Tinkers in, best option would be one where the Alliance v Horde story plays a larger focus. I honestly feel like a Tinker is the easiest to fit into any expansion. "??? Enemy is wiping us out, the ingenuitious Tinkers leave their workshops for adventure and to show the enemy they aren't to be F'd with."
    One of the stronges points for the Tinker would be, that they could be part of both factions without a lot of efford. If Gnomes or Goblins as only races or opened up to more than those two
    That would go for the Necromancer and Dragon themed class and Bard you spoke of too. Dark Ranger is more like a Undead Blood Elf thing in my head, but correct me if I am wrong.

But again, Blizz could solve all the problems for the faction or race based hero classes from WC3. If they allow us players, via a quest maybe, to queue dungeons and raids, and join guilds no matter what faction we are in (Orc in Alliance group, Dwarf in Horde guild) we would not have the problem of balancing those classes or create a work around in the lore to bring them to both factions.
    We are working togehter all the time (Horde and Alliance) and to me it is just a question of when. But, of course I dont want to see Orcs in Stormwind or Dwarves in Orgrimmar, also I am not sure how good it will work in pvp, then again, we have this option since WoD to join the other faction for the battleground. They could even create a new neutral city, (since alot of citizens of azeroth are in neutral factions) to put the lore for those out who dont want to take part in this stupid war between the factions.
    Also, Blademaster, mate. Dont forget them all the time...^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    One of the stronges points for the Tinker would be, that they could be part of both factions without a lot of efford. If Gnomes or Goblins as only races or opened up to more than those two
    That would go for the Necromancer and Dragon themed class and Bard you spoke of too. Dark Ranger is more like a Undead Blood Elf thing in my head, but correct me if I am wrong.

But again, Blizz could solve all the problems for the faction or race based hero classes from WC3. If they allow us players, via a quest maybe, to queue dungeons and raids, and join guilds no matter what faction we are in (Orc in Alliance group, Dwarf in Horde guild) we would not have the problem of balancing those classes or create a work around in the lore to bring them to both factions.
    We are working togehter all the time (Horde and Alliance) and to me it is just a question of when. But, of course I dont want to see Orcs in Stormwind or Dwarves in Orgrimmar, also I am not sure how good it will work in pvp, then again, we have this option since WoD to join the other faction for the battleground. They could even create a new neutral city, (since alot of citizens of azeroth are in neutral factions) to put the lore for those out who dont want to take part in this stupid war between the factions.
    Also, Blademaster, mate. Dont forget them all the time...^^
    They might as well do away with factional separation, it means nothing in the lore at this point, and I can't count the amount of times WQing that fellow horde players kill me.
    Then they could open up the Shadow Hunter/Dark Ranger to undead and Trolls.
    As for blade masters I don't want to be someone that shits all over the idea, but To me it's more like Tmog for orc arms warriors....I just can't see it, but I don't want to knock, just because I don't have that vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Huh... What general theme do dps monks have with brewmaster? Definetly not as strong of a shared theme as a mounted drummer and a guitarist/singer/whateveryouconsiderabard
    Both are Pandaren themed and both utilize brews.

A dead human minstrel in stratholme and an Orc Kodo Rider have just about nothing in common.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-08-01 at 11:55 AM.